Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,909 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border (5548 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa / Chemical Weapons Attack Reported in Syria War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by elampiro(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2012
UPDATE 1-Grenade attacks on Kenya churches kill 10 - police

Sun, Jul 01 14:21 PM IST

* Two churches struck by grenade blasts in Garissa

* Town is near border with Somalia

* Kenya hit by blasts since sending troops into Somalia (Add quotes, details)

NAIROBI, July 1 (Reuters) - At least 10 people were killed in grenade attacks on Sunday at two churches in Garissa, a town in northern Kenya that is an important military base from where ground forces have been deployed into Somalia to fight al Qaeda-linked insurgents.

Kenya has been struck by a series of blasts since it sent troops across the border in October to try to crush the al Shabaab militants. The capital and other parts of Kenya have suffered a string of grenade attacks.

"The goons were clad in balaclavas and hurled the grenades at the Catholic Church and the AIC (African Inland Church) in the town," regional deputy police chief Philip Ndolo told Reuters.

"So far we have at least 10 killed, and more than 40 wounded following the grenade attacks," he said.

A blast hit a night club in the port of Mombasa last Sunday, killing one man, a day after the U.S. embassy in the East African country warned of an imminent attack on the city.

Garissa is situated about 100 km (60 miles) from Kenya's Dadaab refugee camp, where gunmen kidnapped four aid workers and killed a driver on Friday.

It was the first kidnapping of foreigners since Kenya deployed the troops.

(Reporting by James Macharia; Editing by Alison Williams). http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINL6E8I109520120701?irpc=932
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by valencia25(m): 11:45am On Jul 01, 2012
Blast has turn to something else cry
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by MrUmaRu(m): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2012
My hand no dey o
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by dasparrow: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2012
I don't know what is going on in Africa nowadays. We have taken bomb blasts to a whole nother level.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2012
Lybia war has brought in too many weapons into this continent. Now we can see the spiral effects.

1 Like

Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Nickonomakaveli(m): 11:51am On Jul 01, 2012
Na wa Ooº°˚,african continent don turn terror zone oh
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by pendo89(f): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2012
yeah silly cowards. Its not the first grenade but this one has killed more than the previous cz it targeted worshippers.

Time to flush out these fellows completley. Their wives,kids and families back to somalia.

Close their businesses and send them back. We shall not sit an watch them destabilise a whole region.

Shut down the refugee camps,send them back and put a wall round that country called somalia. Then we see who suffers more.

An no they aren't using libyan weapons.They are homemade grenades.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 01, 2012
Africa, Africa I weep for thee.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by y2kaustin(m): 11:57am On Jul 01, 2012
Why! why! why!..Luk at what GEJ,caused..
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by pendo89(f): 11:58am On Jul 01, 2012
What I know is that before the day ends, a good number of them will be cooling their heels in cells and trust the cops to deal with them well till they spill beans.

They are soo silly because we know their bases.They are concentrated in particular regions,garissa being a purely 'somali' zone since it's near the border but very far from the city.A whole day's journey by road really.

The sufferers are the Aid workers in camps.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by y2kaustin(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Lybia war has brought in too many weapons into this continent. Now we can see the spiral effects.
....Are you a CIA or FBI agent to be so sure?.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by abiki(f): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin How did GEJ cause this? Haba!!!
y2kaustin: Why! why! why!..Luk at what GEJ,caused..
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by jamil2(m): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Lybia war has brought in too many weapons into this continent. Now we can see the spiral effects.
dude you sound very intelligent AND I concur.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by lacasa: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2012
Churches attacked

Nooo undecided

Where is Buhari?, angry
where are the northerners? angry
Where are the abokis? angry
Where are the mallams? angry
Where are the muslims? angry

This has them written all over this!!! angry

Didn't they also vow τ̅o make kenya ungovernable

cool
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Mkenyaa(m): 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
Can this work?
pendo89: yeah silly cowards. Its not the first grenade but this one has killed more than the previous cz it targeted worshippers.

Time to flush out these fellows completley. Their wives,kids and families back to somalia.

Close their businesses and send them back. We shall not sit an watch them destabilise a whole region.

Shut down the refugee camps,send them back and put a wall round that country called somalia. Then we see who suffers more.

An no they aren't using libyan weapons.They are homemade grenades.

Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
lacasa: Churches attacked

Nooo undecided

Where is Buhari?, angry

cool

Stop these nonsense and get out of my sight. Can't you reason to know that whoever is behind the Boko Haram bombings has an objective of pitting Christians against Muslims, and subsequent division of Nigeria. Can you think? When these people read your post, they say to themselves: THIS IS WORKING! Stop being gullible!

2 Likes

Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
dasparrow: I don't know what is going on in Africa nowadays. We have taken bomb blasts to a whole nother level.

Yes the blasts/bombings: It's by design to set up foreign military bases in Africa and keep watch eye on our resources. Europe and America are going Bankrupt and are in full throttle to get hold of our resources before China makes headway. Their METHOD OF OPERATION is now a commonplace; they did it in the Middle East and now is Africa. They got Libya, and are now making their way into subsahara and East Africa, in Somalia they set up (Al Shabaab militant group there), in Nigeria they set up( Boko Haram), Mali is ( MUJAO), and many more in other African countries still at their infant stage but will be coming up in a short while. Is it by coincidence all these militant groups are rising up now? Why didn't they rise 3, 4, 5 years ago? THE TIME IS RIPE!

Nigerians/Africans open your eyes! I can assure you that this violence is only restricted to all-black African nations. Any African country that has white in it, such as South Africa, Angola, Tanzania, Mozambique and many others are free of this violence.

The vortex of the explosives/bombs used in Nigeria and Somalia has been proven to be the same as those used in Afganistan, pakistan and Iraq. We all know these militants are not educated and for sure, lack the knowledge to make these sophisticated explosives. The question ought to be: how are these explosives getting into Africa, vis and vis Nigeria? And who is behind all these?

4 Likes

Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by NaijaNaWaa: 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2012

Nooo undecided

Where is Buhari?, angry

cool

Maybe this is your idea of a joke but bear in mind that it is the same ideology and mindset which is "making Nigeria ungovernable" that is also at work in Kenya. Unfortunately for them, Kenya does not spare them the way Nigeria does. Be rest assured that they will be smoked out.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by pendo89(f): 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
lacasa:
cool
That will never happen for one or two reasons.
These silly cowards have their money and families invested and living in kenya. They terrorise their own people while their families live big in Kenya.
And good thing? we all know their businesses and where they are concentrated.You only need to get hold of 1 interrogate him well and he lets the secret out.

They stand more to lose because the refugee camps overflowing with somalis are in Northern Kenya. Near Garissa.
When AID workers downed their tools after frequent kidnaps they cried out cz they were dying in masses.Kids,Mothers and the Old.
Kenya is trying to drive them back to their country and reduce the refugee popl cz its getting out of control.
Those fellows trek in daily from somalia because the terrorists have made their country inhabitable. Some die on the way to the camps.
In somalia,they are not allowed to do business,own land etc.What kind of laws are those! They want to impose extreme sharia laws which the rest of the muslim community find it difficult to live with.

Now if they continue bombing then there is only one solution.Smoke them out of 'eastleigh' which they have transformed into a mini somalia with their dubai look alike businesses,shut down the camps and send them all back to somalia together with their families to go and die under the terror group.
That is the remedy.

I am waiting to see them arrested because they all do.The only ones who survive being caught are usually the dead ones.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by akereconfi: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2012

Nooo undecided

Where is Buhari?, angry

cool

STFU☹.......ISLAM is ISLAM ph♂ck ya'l ISLAM sucks►

Religion of PISS

1 Like

Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by MrUmaRu(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mugu
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by joshuaidibia(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2012

kai.... U TRY..
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by lacasa: 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
Danka7777:

Stop these nonsense and get out of my sight. Can't you reason to know that whoever is behind the Boko Haram bombings has an objective of pitting Christians against Muslims, and subsequent division of Nigeria. Can you think? When these people read your post, they say to themselves: THIS IS WORKING! Stop being gullible!

B4 Ʊ preach

Go n look up "sarcasm"
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by ebamma(m): 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
osama bin laden,u see wetin u start,u shall neva find peace even in hell fire.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by boyendowed(m): 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2012

Nooo undecided

Where is Buhari?, angry

cool

This guy is definitely el rufai.I can bet my lunch on it
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by pendo89(f): 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mkenyaa: Can this work?

Yes they must go.kenyans are getting fed up.We hosted them and now they kill us?

The bombers are silly poor youths being used.The Masters behind the bombings operate remotely from Easteligh.And that is no secret to all Kenyans.

One big bomb in Eastleigh and they are wiped out. Fire for fire.

Crazy I know but they disgust me.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2012

Its spelled as LIBYA not lybia. Olodo rabata. I suggest u go back to read spellings and dictations. You're a shame to your family and households. Read and learn your spellings right before commenting on Nairaland. Animal
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by AfroBlue(m): 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
Danka7777:

Too late to breathe oxygen into closed minds. The framers of the modern day crusades, and re-colonizers are well on their way in actualizing their plans for conquest.

The AU was asleep during phase one of the plan.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-J3nF4S3x2Vo/TqWDE6EE8OI/AAAAAAAAHnY/H-IfcCwIgTI/s1600/LibyaWarMisrataBeforeAndAfter.jpg[/img]
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
boyendowed:

This guy is definitely el rufai.I can bet my lunch on it

Don't think its El Rufai. El Rufai is far intelligent than this thing, even when he is asleep. I called him this "thing" because he is of no usefulness on this planet.
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
Islam, the religion of the damned. What's new?
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by akereconfi: 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
kayusfit:

*Its* spelled as LIBYA not lybia. Olodo rabata. I suggest u go back to read spellings and dictations. You're a shame to your family and households. Read and learn your spellings right before commenting on Nairaland. Animal

IT'S not Its........ Also take CORRECTION
u need Macmillian English Book 2......I suggest u go back to read spellings n dictations also. U need it badly also.......Kettle calling POT black
Re: Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2012
Afro_Blue:

Too late to breathe oxygen into closed minds. The framers of the modern day crusades, and re-colonizers are well on their way in actualizing their plans for conquest.

The AU was asleep during phase one of the plan.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-J3nF4S3x2Vo/TqWDE6EE8OI/AAAAAAAAHnY/H-IfcCwIgTI/s1600/LibyaWarMisrataBeforeAndAfter.jpg[/img]

Thanks my brother. You are very enlightened on what is happening in Africa and soon to happen to Nigeria. Continue educating the nescients amongst us, particularly this thing with username Lacasa.

What could the AU do? Zuma at the early stage of the unrest tried to prevent any foreign intervention by brokering a deal between Gaddafi and the Rats, guess what? These forces(Globalists)literally threatened him and he back down. They are now trying to repeat the same in Syria, however Russia and China are prepared to go to world war to prevent another Libya.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thousands In Senegal Protest As Court Grant Wade Right To Seek 3rd Term / Beware: Charlie Hebdo May Be An Hoax (video Evidence) / George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.