Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,062 members, 7,845,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1799039 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2013
I was excited when you started this thread, but presently i must say that Enugu has deteriorated no thanks to the useless ESWAMA.
The roads are not swept, the grasses on the road and sidewalks are not cut,the bus stops are not cleaned esp on weekends.
I understand the gov has many ongoing capital projects but he shld also look into everyday running of the city.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by norabenok: 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
One believes Nsukka is part of Enugu state. Are there no developments in Nsukka to show us here? Or is Enugu state also like Imo state: a-one city state where many people seem to believe that the state capital must be dressed in gold before any talk of any development outside Owerri, the state capital?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
norabenok :
One believes Nsukka is part of Enugu state. Are there no developments in Nsukka to show us here? Or is Enugu state also like Imo state: a-one city state where many people seem to believe that the state capital must be dressed in gold before any talk of any development outside Owerri, the state capital?
The truth is that, to a large extent Enugu state is a one-city state unlike Anambra. But i think this government is trying in spreading development but i think more should be done especially for Nsukka. Nsukka should be turned into a college town of pride.

Btw, i think this thread was specifically create of Enugu City and not Enugu Town or so i think.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by norabenok: 11:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
The truth is that, to a large extent Enugu state is a one-city state unlike Anambra. But i think this government is trying in spreading development but i think more should be done especially for Nsukka. Nsukka should be turned into a college town of pride.

Btw, i think this thread was specifically create of Enugu City and not Enugu Town or so i think.

Good to hear that the present govt in Enugu is trying in spreading development in Enugu state outside the capital. But in Imo state, if any governor contemplates spreading development and projects to the other towns outside the state capital, the government stands to be blackmailed to stop it. In fact indegenes of Imo state capital have the belief that all development projects must be cited in the state capital, and that any project already there no longer belongs to the state government but to the indegenes. Imo is number one in One-city state status in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
Afam4eva:

This thread was created for the whole of Enugu state but time has not allowed me to bring in happenings from other Enugu towns, especially Nsukka. Nsukka is a univerity town and the school has been spreading lots of development in that zone but more still needs to be done there.

In the last dispensation, Chimaroke seemed to have understood the problems of Enugu. He hated the congestion of Enugu city and took good steps to decongest it. He first noted that students constitute a hight percentage of renters, he took ESUT to Agbani and made efforts to create planned estates all around Enugu and took light, road to the new estates.

Nsukka is coming Up, Ninth mile, Awgu and Oji River also needs some attention.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
norabenok :

Good to hear that the present govt in Enugu is trying in spreading development in Enugu state outside the capital. But in Imo state, if any governor contemplates spreading development and projects to the other towns outside the state capital, the government stands to be blackmailed to stop it. In fact indegenes of Imo state capital have the belief that all development projects must be cited in the state capital, and that any project already there no longer belongs to the state government but to the indegenes. Imo is number one in One-city state status in Nigeria.
Rochas Okorocha is doing a lot outisde owerri especially in Okigwe and Orlu. He's building the towns to taste.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by norabenok: 11:07am On Jun 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Rochas Okorocha is doing a lot outisde owerri especially in Okigwe and Orlu. He's building the towns to taste.

The hood does not make a monk. Roads do not make a town. Development projects that attract money and population to a town make a town. Besides, the roads in the state capital are built sharp sharp on time; but in Orlu, it is slow motion construction. Perhaps, Gov. Okorocha is not responsible for the slow motion, who knows?

In Orlu, for example, population seems to be dwindling compared to 7 to 8 years ago. No project that enables inflow of money to Orlu area has been brought by Okorocha government. Business stalls? Do they bring in money from outside necessary for a town to develop? No!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 7:23am On Jun 19, 2013
Zik bridge

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 7:56am On Jun 19, 2013
Airport bypass

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 8:30am On Jun 19, 2013
Solid looking jobs by Chime there......as usual.

I wish we could find a way of getting more money for Enugu reconstruction. Until the coming of Chime, it hasn't witnessed any major works ever since the end of the civil war. Imagine what Enugu would turn into if he had an extra billion dollars to work with.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nedu210(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
secretariat enugu

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nedu210(m): 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
block A of the secretariat

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Solid looking jobs by Chime there......as usual.

I wish we could find a way of getting more money for Enugu reconstruction. Until the coming of Chime, it hasn't witnessed any major works ever since the end of the civil war. Imagine what Enugu would turn into if he had an extra billioon dollars to work with.
If Gov Chime had billions of dollars to work with, he would turn Enugu to practical Southeast's Berlin. With the little he has, he has been able to show that a poor state in Nigeria can achieve a lot with prudent financial management.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
In his charactaristic silence, Sullivan is speaking so loud that his voice is deafening! grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2013
With the way things are going, my gut tells me the the new state secretariat will dwarf the federal one at Independence Layout built by Joe Nwankwu & Co. Ltd.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2013
Nightshift: If Gov Chime had billions of dollars to work with, he would turn Enugu to practical Southeast's Berlin. With the little he has, he has been able to show that a poor state in Nigeria can achieve a lot with prudent financial management.

The last pictures seem to come from the 'A' block of the complex, we have the B,C,D and I think E blocks covering a wide expanse of land. I think there are more than 500 workers with heavy equipment working around this site everyday.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
pls can someone help me and thank the able gov chime for his recommendable job am so overwhelm. Enugu state should allow chime for another 8yrs if possible cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
spyder880:

The last pictures seem to come from the 'A' block of the complex, we have the B,C,D and I think E blocks covering a wide expanse of land. I think there are more than 500 workers with heavy equipment working around this site everyday.
Gov Chime should also finish the Conference Centre started by former Gov Nnamani. The unfinished edifice has remained an eyesore. Besides, Coal city deserves such a centre.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
Agbudu-udi rural access road

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 7:18pm On Jun 21, 2013
Agbudu-udi-afiammaya road transformation in progress

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
Secretariat ? What's that ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
P & T quarters road link: zik ave bridge

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
adaobi123: Secretariat ? What's that ?
The state administrative headquarters. Don't tell me you weren't eating okpa in Enugu a few years ago.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nedu210(m): 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
block B

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 21, 2013
Nightshift: The state administrative headquarters. Don't tell me you weren't eating okpa in Enugu a few years ago.

Lmao that was six years ago tongue

But I see.......thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2013
When did construction start ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
joeluv: P & T quarters road link: zik ave bridge
Well covered drainage + sidewalk. Nobody is gonna jump into a stinking gutter here grin
Coal City for life!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
adaobi123:

Lmao that was six years ago tongue

But I see.......thanks.
You're welcome, Ada Mmadu!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 7:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
Nice looking sidewalk. I hope all the roads could have sidewalks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
Nightshift: You're welcome, Ada Mmadu!

smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Nice looking sidewalk. I hope all the roads could have sidewalks.
All the newly built major street roads in Enugu have sidewalks.
You really need to get your butt to Enugu, enjoy some glass of pammy and bear witness to a landmark initiative. Cheers!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
Enugu is working!
Enugu Ni Baje

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (706) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.