Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,085 members, 7,849,404 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1801237 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Francis5: 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
BlackPikiN:

This is what I found. That's the only information about Soji Salau if that's actually him.

www.linkedin.com/?sessionid=2099353361580032&as=false&can=http">https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sessionid=2099353361580032&as=false&can=http%253A%252F%252Fng.linkedin.com%252Fpub%252Fsoji-salau%252F22%252F577%252F82a&rs=false#public-profile/http%3A%2F%2Fng.linkedin.com%2Fpub%2Fsoji-salau%2F22%2F577%2F82a

Thanks, but you link is broken and so would not open. Can you fix it?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Francis5: 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
@BlackPikin:

From LinkedIn

Soji Salau

legal practitioner at Self- empoyed

NigeriaPharmaceuticals

It must not be this person, I am sure
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Sour grapes alert! grin grin grin

Stop getting paranoid; I will never beef Enugu but I can't hold my thoughts just because somebody might get offended. I repeat and I don't care who horse is gored Chime isn't what Enugu need. Enugu need an administrator with clear vission that will transform every nook and cranny of the state. Owee yi iwe, ijee kwuo udo!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:06am On Jul 11, 2014
South African cities in spite of the high crime rate of that country attract more international tourists than any city in Nigeria. With direct International flights now reaching Enugu, the only thing I beg Chime to do is to complete his good works by transforming the environment in Enugu aesthetically with trees and flowers.
Chime should initiate a campaign to massively plant flowers and trees along all the major roads in Enugu.
Usually, the Palm-like trees and the pine trees actually grow relatively quickly with almost no maintenance required. So they may be preferable in the short run.While the gmellina tree can be allowed to grow with time.

I have noticed that America, even south Africa or Abuja differ markedly from other Nigerian cities because they make conscious efforts to plant trees and flowers in these cities as part of the urban renewal work. Enugu has come of age to belong to such cities where planting trees and flowers to beautify the city is a deliberate state policy. Also, all roundabouts in the city should be covered by beautiful colorful flowers.Then Enugu will indeed be a true world class tourist city of the continent.
See how Durban, a town called Fort Myers which is even hotter than Enugu during the summer and Abuja are all beautified with deliberate trees planting along the roads. Even the median of the roads are lined with palm trees. It gives a city great ambiance.

In the first video, although Fort Myers is a poor city, and as i mentioned it's even hotter than Enugu in the summer time,so they are using their hot weather to attract tourists during the summer time. You can also see that the residential buildings on both sides of it's many major streets are bungalows which cannot even compete aesthetically with many Enugu residential homes, yet, they have made the town much finer and more conducive for tourism than Enugu because there is a deliberate government policy to use tropical palm-like trees to beautify all their major streets. We can do this, it isn't magic. Chime, please launch the beautification of the coal city. Only such a sound mind like yours can do it. Many Nigerian rulers are like baboons. Although they frequently travel abroad, they rarely appreciate anything good to implement back home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-8a9HQs34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4o5oZXzGK8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dalLJTVKm7w

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 12:24am On Jul 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Good effort Spyder!

If work has finished at that section, could someone tell ESWAMA to use their newly acquired street-sweeping vehicles to make those roads look spotless? I hate seeing dust/dirt/rubbish strewn about on the streets......especially newly constructed ones! They should borrow a leaf from Uyo!

PS- On the second set of pics just posted: I can see some rouge weeds growing by the sidewalks......ESWAMA please take note! These little things make the difference between a well-kept city, and one that's unkempt and gone to seed!
God bless you!

I keep saying this, nothing defaces a city like leaving rogue weeds and unswept streets to become the norm.

Daily street sweeping can easily be achieved via the abundant cheap direct labour.

I wish I was the ESWAMA boss.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2014
Francis5: Also, why is the greenery dominated by oil palm? I see very little other plant species in most of the photos
Na only God fit answer dat one oo
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 11, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

When did it get to this....Guy,fie isaa n'anya maka ada ama-ama Onicha gwali Obosi.

How can you be asking the best Governor in the South East to leave.... I mean, I am from Abia state but this guy is the best thing to happen to SE in terms of infrastructure...why are you hating bro

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nsukka

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thanks, Kenis.

Elim estate
324 units. It's federal government effort to alleviate housing issues for low income earners. I heard they will, in partnership with private company, develop such estates in all states of the federation. It's said that one bedroom apartment goes for 4M, two bedroom apartment for 7M, three for 10M. Available for only Enugu indegenes. It was commissioned today, in Enugu, by the Vice president, Sambo. So Enugu people, go grab house.

The Managing Director of NBP Projects Limited, developers of the estate, Rev. Ugochukwu Chime, said the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria funded the project.

Chime said the estate was designed to meet the needs of both middle and low-income earners.

He said, “Besides, there is a stable mortgage loan repayment rate of six per cent per annum (on the balance) for an extended period of up to 30 years subject to the applicant’s age.”

Eyakenyi  stated that the successful completion of the estate was another major project under the current administration’s drive to produce affordable housing for Nigerians.

She stated that the Federal Government was striving to alleviate the pains of Nigerians who did not have a cover over their heads.

She said, “The estate is another major stride by the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria in funding a Nigerian developers.

“The  quality of delivery is very encouraging and I observed perfect finishes in the housing units, especially in the three-bedroom bungalows. Indeed, this is another good democracy dividend.”

The Managing Director of FMBN, Mr. Gimba Yau Kumo, added that other estates in Enugu being funded by the bank were Vyvian, Eltabera and Kelloyds estates.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
Can someone (any members resident in Enugu) post pics of the said houses in this estate......or is it too much to ask? All i'm seeing thus far is just grammar!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 9:37am On Jul 12, 2014
cjrane: South African cities in spite of the high crime rate of that country attract more international tourists than any city in Nigeria. With direct International flights now reaching Enugu, the only thing I beg Chime to do is to complete his good works by transforming the environment in Enugu aesthetically with trees and flowers.
Chime should initiate a campaign to massively plant flowers and trees along all the major roads in Enugu.
Usually, the Palm-like trees and the pine trees actually grow relatively quickly with almost no maintenance required. So they may be preferable in the short run.While the gmellina tree can be allowed to grow with time.

I have noticed that America, even south Africa or Abuja differ markedly from other Nigerian cities because they make conscious efforts to plant trees and flowers in these cities as part of the urban renewal work. Enugu has come of age to belong to such cities where planting trees and flowers to beautify the city is a deliberate state policy. Also, all roundabouts in the city should be covered by beautiful colorful flowers.Then Enugu will indeed be a true world class tourist city of the continent.
See how Durban, a town called Fort Myers which is even hotter than Enugu during the summer and Abuja are all beautified with deliberate trees planting along the roads. Even the median of the roads are lined with palm trees. It gives a city great ambiance.

In the first video, although Fort Myers is a poor city, and as i mentioned it's even hotter than Enugu in the summer time,so they are using their hot weather to attract tourists during the summer time. You can also see that the residential buildings on both sides of it's many major streets are bungalows which cannot even compete aesthetically with many Enugu residential homes, yet, they have made the town much finer and more conducive for tourism than Enugu because there is a deliberate government policy to use tropical palm-like trees to beautify all their major streets. We can do this, it isn't magic. Chime, please launch the beautification of the coal city. Only such a sound mind like yours can do it. Many Nigerian rulers are like baboons. Although they frequently travel abroad, they rarely appreciate anything good to implement back home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dalLJTVKm7w
. One of the reasons Nigerian cities look ugly is the white and black stripes used on the dividers and pavements as seen on this Abuja video. Its is better off one colour with road markings and traffic signs. Soweto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUIkU8hWCJU Pretoria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UEpj7tBIAE
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by collynz02: 9:55am On Jul 12, 2014
IGBOSON1: Can someone (any members resident in Enugu) post pics of the said houses in this estate......or is it too much to ask? All i'm seeing thus far is just grammar!
When will you ever post pics of your won?
You are not paying anyone to leave what they are doing just to snap pics and post for you.
Be respectful!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2014
collynz02:
When will you ever post pics of your won?
You are not paying anyone to leave what they are doing just to snap pics and post for you.
Be respectful!

^^^Quit being so emotional! What makes you think i'm in Enugu right now......and what makes you think i've not contributed to this or the Imo thread in the past?

On the Elim Estate: I saw some shots of it on the news, and wondered what all the fuss was about to warrant the President coming down to launch it! undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by collynz02: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Quit being so emotional! What makes you think i'm in Enugu right now......and what makes you think i've not contributed to this or the Imo thread in the past?

On the Elim Estate: I saw some shots of it on the news, and wondered what all the fuss was about to warrant the President coming down to launch it! undecided

I don't care whether you are in Enugu or not, you have a record of criticising peoples pictures on this thread unnecessarily, telling them where to snap and shouldn't, what angle they should have snapped from and all that.
Appreciate people taking their time out to snap and upload pics here instead of being demanding, arrogant and disrespectful.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
collynz02:
I don't care whether you are in Enugu or not, you have a record of criticising peoples pictures on this thread unnecessarily, telling them where to snap and shouldn't, what angle they should have snapped from and all that.
Appreciate people taking their time out to snap and upload pics here instead of being demanding, arrogant and disrespectful.

^^^No disrespect, but i think you're the one being an arrogant disrespectful drama-queen! Because of your short-fuse you go on and easily take offence at someone making a comment or critique on a set of pics! I always make it clear when i make a suggestion or comment on any members contribution that i appreciate their efforts, so where do you get the impression i'm being 'arrogant' and 'demanding'?

What part of 'free speech' don't you understand! Ask a neutral person like Spyder if he thinks i'm disrespectful!

Fimile nwokem.......fimile!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
IGBOSON1: Can someone (any members resident in Enugu) post pics of the said houses in this estate......or is it too much to ask? All i'm seeing thus far is just grammar!

Let's drive to Elim estates

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
This estate already have a police post.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
A section for bungalows

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
I like the factt that estates are springing up in Enugu but don't like the fact that they are gated. I don't like the fact that to enter any place good in Nigeria, one must pass through a gate. Can't these estates be integrated with the entire city?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
Another section for blocks of flats.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
Afam4eva: I like the factt that estates are springing up in Enugu but don't like the fact that they are gated. I don't like the fact that to enter any place good in Nigeria, one must pass through a gate. Can't these estates be integrated with the entire city?

E be like say u no like security?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
spyder880: This estate already have a police post.
Is this what Sambo came to commission as a great achievement by FG?

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
CHESSBOARD:

How can you be asking the best Governor in the South East to leave.... I mean, I am from Abia state but this guy is the best thing to happen to SE in terms of infrastructure...why are you hating bro

I don't care how rich or educated you are but this above comment can only be made by a rretard. ... Whenever you are ready I expect you to give me the criteria which you use to measure the best governor.....This is nonsense!
Hell, Rochas and Elechi are light years better than Chime talk more of him being the best. Best in what,mmudafuka? What did that slow and incompetent f..ool achieve? How did he impact on the life of the poor? What da ffuck is wrong with these people? ? Do you even know what is development? ? I'm was halfway thinking Enugu has wise people but I'm beginning to feel disappointed....Are you people that easily deceived? Nawaaooo!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
U people shouldn't turn this thread into something else, please.U can create threads to sort out these differences
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
Abagworo: Is this what Sambo came to commission as a great achievement by FG?

What is wrong with you? Nigeria can't afford this not when 70% of our people are living below poverty line.

I know what is wrong with Nigeria; Stupid Nigerians like Gworo Aba want Nigeria to transform into New York overnight! !! How gullible can you be? Do you know how much it will cost to erect such building? Why is Rochas not replicating the millennium school he built in Owerri in other parts of Imo?

Rivers has spent more money in infrastructural in schools but Anambra state keep trashing them ,Why? Better reform!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I don't care how rich or educated you are but this above comment can only be made by a rretard. ... Whenever you are ready I expect you to give me the criteria which you use to measure the best governor.....This is nonsense!
Hell, Rochas and Elechi are light years better than Chime talk more of him being the best. Best in what,mmudafuka? What did that slow and incompetent f..ool achieve? How did he impact on the life of the poor? What da ffuck is wrong with these people? ? Do you even know what is development? ? I'm was halfway thinking Enugu has wise people but I'm beginning to feel disappointed....Are you people that easily deceived? Nawaaooo!
. Odenigbo AKA Chino AKA chy AKA Nripriest AKA Bestview lekene were ya wayo n'ihe gbasaru umu Igbo. Chime has tried his best even if its limited to Enugu urban maybe the next Governor will continue from where he stopped. My problem with you remains your double standards. I've seen you criticise Okorocha who has spent but only 3 years for not industrializing the entire Imo State and turning it to haven in 3 years but Peter Obi spent 8 years as Governor and Obiano still has a lot to do and will not even develop Anambra in the next 8 years either. The entire country has same challenges and each individual Governor has his priorities. No State in Nigeria is developed or has good roads, housing, power, health and education. Some are just slightly better than others but largely same thing. Ekwuchalam!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Pix of elim estate below.

It was not built by the state government but by an individual. The presidency decided to commission it as a sort of encouragement to d private sector.

This estate contains: a police post, hospital, shopping mall and a university (still under contstruction around that area)

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by portix: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2014

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
Afam4eva: I like the factt that estates are springing up in Enugu but don't like the fact that they are gated. I don't like the fact that to enter any place good in Nigeria, one must pass through a gate. Can't these estates be integrated with the entire city?
Gated communities are typically for the upper middle-class and wealthy folks, even in most US cities. The estates which are integrated with city would (hopefully) be much more affordable.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
CFCfan:
Gated communities are typically for the upper middle-class and wealthy folks, even in most US cities. The estates which are integrated with city would (hopefully) be much more affordable.
Those houses are at par with what you find in American suburbs especially those in the east coat. The gated estates in the US are those of the super rich.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Abagworo: . Odenigbo AKA Chino AKA chy AKA Nripriest AKA Bestview lekene were ya wayo n'ihe gbasaru umu Igbo. Chime has tried his best even if its limited to Enugu urban maybe the next Governor will continue from where he stopped. My problem with you remains your double standards. I've seen you criticise Okorocha who has spent but only 3 years for not industrializing the entire Imo State and turning it to haven in 3 years but Peter Obi spent 8 years as Governor and Obiano still has a lot to do and will not even develop Anambra in the next 8 years either. The entire country has same challenges and each individual Governor has his priorities. No State in Nigeria is developed or has good roads, housing, power, health and education. Some are just slightly better than others but largely same thing. Ekwuchalam!

So,after all these years you still believe Odenigbo and Chino are the same person? You aren't very bright,eediot.

To the topic; Go around Anambra,when you get to each town ask their town union what did Obi achieve in that town. Obi spread developments in every single town in Anambra. This is a fact! I swear to almighty God,if Obi had concentrated development in Awka, Nnewi nor Onitsha the city would have been the best but other towns would have suffered too. Be smart,nnigga.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
Afam4eva:
Those houses are at par with what you find in American suburbs especially those in the east coat. The gated estates in the US are those of the super rich.
Here in Southern CA, people earning around 85,000 to $90,000 can still afford to live in a few gated communities. It all depends on the size of the house, as some houses within the same estate could be 10,000 sq ft, while others could be 3,000sq ft.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (706) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.