Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784160 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Calculia: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^This is my biggest fear! Notice how the useless business-as-usual politicians are already ganging up against him; attempting to smear his name and good record in office!

What we may get next is one of those 'publicity' Governors; all noise and slogans with little or nothing on ground!......Kinda like Ochendo-global! sad

That wil be very tragic to take 4steps forward and return 20 steps backward. I really wonder sometimes wat GEJ intention is for Ndiigbo and the Southeast.

Anybody with the vision and determination to move the region forward is malign. First it was Soludo now Chime. Look at how he is allowing T.A. Orji move to the senate with ease and even choose a successor.

Chime deserves to be in the Senate more than any other person, the man has earned it.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
Calculia:

That wil be very tragic to take 4steps forward and return 20 steps backward. I really wonder sometimes wat GEJ intention is for Ndiigbo and the Southeast.

Anybody with the vision and determination to move the region forward is malign. First it was Soludo now Chime. Look at how he is allowing T.A. Orji move to the senate with ease and even choose a successor.

Chime deserves to be in the Senate more than any other person, the man has earned it.

^^^What pisses me off about GEJ is that when it comes to his own state Bayelsa, dude no dey take am play, and it's a different set of rules entirely! See how he did the needful to shunt aside a non-performing governor in his state that was about going for a second term in office!? Yet Theodore Orji that's a much worse governor gets his unalloyed support!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
Calculia:

Any thing Chime falls to complete or start whilst in office, you can forget about. Chime is the person with the vision and determination, that will be difficult to replicate.

[size=13pt]You are absolutely right.
I was pleasantly surprised that they built the Ferris wheel included in the project. That is why I am hopeful that having left the space for those office buildings and hotel, they will also build it.

Yes, Chime is one man that believes in planning and implementing his plans. Which is a rarity amongst our people and our type of leaders. We prefer to just do anything anyhow depending on our mood and the exigencies of the time. One hopes that Chime will at least initiate those projects in next year's budget even if he can't complete them. It will be there to remind whoever that the plan for the entire mall complex Plan had not been completed simply by building the mall itself.
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Calculia: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^What pisses me off about GEJ is that when it comes to his own state Bayelsa, dude no dey take am play, and it's a different set of rules entirely! See how he did the needful to shunt aside a non-performing governor in his state that was about going for a second term in office!? Yet Theodore Orji that's a much worse governor gets his unalloyed support!

We have too many case scenario of this occurrence. Where do we start? Is Stella Oduah that was removed or Barth Nnaji that was made to stand down? Everybody saw wat they did to Soludo, even Orji Uzor Kalu needed a special pass from the powers in the party tpo be allowed to contest for the senate.

Nobody hears from Ihejirika who was aspiring to succeed T.A Orji and would have performed alot better. Just tell me wat T.A Orji is going to the senate to do? Just look at the slow pace of work at the Enugu Inter Airport since Stella left, just watch the building and interior will all be sub-standard when and if the complete work. Stella had an eye for detail and the determination to finish up wateva she starts to perfection. Even if she has to wait till a later date or better excuse to do the needful.

We Ndiigbo have people and must use the ones that will work for us collectively, if we are to grow. Our unity is our strength.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Calculia: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

[size=13pt]You are absolutely right.
I was pleasantly surprised that they built the Ferris wheel included in the project. That is why I am hopeful that having left the space for those office buildings and hotel, they will also build it.

Yes, Chime is one man that believes in planning and implementing his plans. Which is a rarity amongst our people and our type of leaders. We prefer to just do anything anyhow depending on our mood and the exigencies of the time. One hopes that Chime will at least initiate those projects in next year's budget even if he can't complete them. It will be there to remind whoever that the plan for the entire mall complex Plan had not been completed simply by building the mall itself.
[/size]

Fingers cross that he does that even though he is running out of time as Gov. He remains a beacon of hope to Ndiigbo that things can be done with the right attitude, organisation, planning and implementation. The man is one of a kind and very rare talent that God used to bless Ndiigbo.

Do you know that Enugu is listed amonst the not so rich states in Nigeria but yet Chime did it.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo9: 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
See lamentation!
Use your votes to choose the right people and kick out the wrong ones instead of blaming others incessantly. If GEJ imposes someone you don't trust as PDP candidate, then vote for APGA or any other party contesting for that position. T.A. Orji has chosen his own PDP candidate and shut out other governorship aspirants, the simple thing Abia people can do is to vote for Alex Otti who has defected to APGA and I am sure they will do it.
If incubent governors like Ohakim, Fayemi and others can be kicked out after first tenure, what is so difficult about making sure the outgoing governor's stooge or the President's imposed candidate doesn't win?
Enough of unnecessary lamentation.
SMH.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
Calculia:

We have too many case scenario of this occurrence. Where do we start? Is Stella Oduah that was removed or Barth Nnaji that was made to stand down? Everybody saw wat they did to Soludo, even Orji Uzor Kalu needed a special pass from the powers in the party tpo be allowed to contest for the senate.

Nobody hears from Ihejirika who was aspiring to succeed T.A Orji and would have performed alot better. Just tell me wat T.A Orji is going to the senate to do? Just look at the slow pace of work at the Enugu Inter Airport since Stella left, just watch the building and interior will all be sub-standard when and if the complete work. Stella had an eye for detail and the determination to finish up wateva she starts to perfection. Even if she has to wait till a later date or better excuse to do the needful.

We Ndiigbo have people and must use the ones that will work for us collectively, if we are to grow. Our unity is our strength.

[b]The PDP structure set up by Obasanjo when he controlled the party machinery was primarily to marginalize the Igbo. As God will have it, that structure collapsed with the sudden death of Yar' Adua. Remember Obasanjo zoned out every office away from the SE, even though the region was principally an PDP region.

GEJ cannot change this machinery overnight without tearing the party into factions when he needs unity the most. On our part, APC was formed by the merging of CPC and ACN. Two principal parties united only by their common hatred of the Igbo. They have never disguised this hatred by distributing their national offices to reflect the federal character of Nigerians. Infact, the APC party leaders like Hell rufai, Junaid Muhammed and Kwankwanso etc have at various times voiced their agenda and intention to even further exclude the Igbo in the scheme of things in Nigeria. Many of them have described the Igbo people using very scornful and openly hateful words.

Therefore, in spite of the short comings of the PDP, it remains the better of the two evils. The Igbo man must under no circumstance align with those that wish her death.
The dismay in the APC is that in spite of all their propaganda, the Igbo have become politically 'wiser' that they still support the PDP, which may not be perfect, but at least are open to negotiations in order to decrease Igbo marginalization in Nigeria and not to make it worst as APC has vowed to do if they ever grab power.[/b]

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

[b]The PDP structure set up by Obasanjo when he controlled the party machinery was primarily to marginalize the Igbo. As God will have it, that structure collapsed with the sudden death of Yar' Adua. Remember Obasanjo zoned out every office away from the SE, even though the region was principally an PDP region.

GEJ cannot change this machinery overnight without tearing the party into factions when he needs unity the most. On our part, APC was formed by the merging of CPC and ACN. Two principal parties united only by their common hatred of the Igbo. They have never disguised this hatred by distributing their national offices to reflect the federal character of Nigerians. Infact, the APC party leaders like Hell rufai, Junaid Muhammed and Kwankwanso etc have at various times voiced their agenda and intention to even further exclude the Igbo in the scheme of things in Nigeria. Many of them have described the Igbo people using very scornful and openly hateful words.

Therefore, in spite of the short comings of the PDP, it remains the better of the two evils. The Igbo man must under no circumstance align with those that wish her death.
The dismay in the APC is that in spite of all their propaganda, the Igbo have become politically 'wiser' that they still support the PDP, which may not be perfect, but at least are open to negotiations in order to decrease Igbo marginalization in Nigeria and not to make it worst as APC has vowed to do if they ever grab power.[/b]

Absolutely on point!

In spite of its flaws, PDP is still the only pan - Nigerian party . It really needs to do away with the vexed Obasanjo zoning formula for political offices.

The APC on the other hand is a congregation of extremist and violent politicians. These people are prepared to levy war on Nigeria if they don't get their way. They could care less even if some if their supporters die. See how many of them support Boko Haram to perpetuate insecurity because Jonathan is in power.
It is the duty of every law abiding citizen to prevent such violent men from gaining political power. I have absolutely no doubt that if the type of immoral and violent men in APC get their way, Nigeria will be a war torn place based on their tribal and religious bigotry and impositions upon Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 2:32am On Nov 27, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Is there even space left for building a office complex and 4-star hotel?....I don't think so! undecided

Yes,
they still left the space for those two buildings in the project. Perhaps, lack of funds is the cause for the delay.

Hopefully, they will maintain standard as the mall and build solid structures as in the picture for the hotel and office complex.

Can someone tell them to plant those pine-tree flowers around the parking lot in their 3D render exactly as it appeared? Planting grass and flowers just as they appeared in your render is part of the project implementation.

One also hope they build exactly the type of office complex and hotel in their render. Or at least build something very standard as in the picture below.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 6:41am On Nov 27, 2014
Collynzo9:
See lamentation!
Use your votes to choose the right people and kick out the wrong ones instead of blaming others incessantly. If GEJ imposes someone you don't trust as PDP candidate, then vote for APGA or any other party contesting for that position. T.A. Orji has chosen his own PDP candidate and shut out other governorship aspirants, the simple thing Abia people can do is to vote for Alex Otti who has defected to APGA and I am sure they will do it.
If incubent governors like Ohakim, Fayemi and others can be kicked out after first tenure, what is so difficult about making sure the outgoing governor's stooge or the President's imposed candidate doesn't win?
Enough of unnecessary lamentation.
SMH.
two thumbs for you guy...the lamentation is getting a bit too much in my opinion...yes we know about all these schemings but is usually our reactions?lamentation everywhere without doing nada...look at abia now that ta orji is trying to impose his stooge one wopuld expect that abia commoners would rally around lex otti who is a proven technocrat to vote him in and not just lamenting anyhow...ok after lamenting what next?huh? People are shouting ihejirika do they know that ihejirika is one of the reason t a orji came back for a second term in abia when he supervisd the rigging in orji back into power in 2011 because he felt orji was going to rub his back this time around but orji screwed him over?btw ihejirika a security expert and an otti an economics expert which one do people think abia needs more now?abeg!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2014
Some good news! US visa applicants can now renew their visas via Port Harcourt. https://www.nairaland.com/2017174/us-announces-new-visa-processing
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2014
goodnews for people that will use Enugu airport

https://www.nairaland.com/2017174/us-announces-new-visa-processing
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by waternogetemeny: 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
CFCfan:
Some good news! US visa applicants can now renew their visas via Port Harcourt. https://www.nairaland.com/2017174/us-announces-new-visa-processing
GEJman:

We want the US to open up consul in Enugu not picking passport in port harcourt.

Every country should have a consular building in Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
A local, homegrown restaurant that caters for the upper class is expanding. Dolphin restaurant is planning to open a new branch around Otigba junction in Enugu. I will bring all the pictures here...... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
GEJman:

I don't see anything to celebrate here. Interviews are done in Abj and Lag, then you pick up your papers in Ph, and we are rejoicing

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
spyder880:
A local, homegrown restaurant that caters for the upper class is expanding. Dolphin restaurant is planning to open a new branch around Otigba junction in Enugu. I will bring all the pictures here...... cheesy

Biko Nnaa,
Nack us the pictures to enjoy our day. I'm all eyes for your usually addicting pictures!

This US visa something is a useless distraction. They should have a consulate office in the SE for visa interviews.
Elderly people trying to visit their children in the USA go through hell to travel to Lagos and Abuja to spend days in a hotel just to visit the embassy for an interview. What is the joy that they will now have to send you to PH to go and collect your passport?
They should make the visa interview centers shorter for the people of the SE, that is what is worth rejoicing over, not picking up your passport in Lokoja or PH instead of Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by blank(f): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
spyder880:

Mama Dolphin of life. I used to hate going there as a student. Did not understand what guys saw in the place. However, i went there kind of recently and the woman has rebranded. Will check out the new joint this Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
OreMI22:

Yes,
they still left the space for those two buildings in the project. Perhaps, lack of funds is the cause for the delay.

Hopefully, they will maintain standard as the mall and build solid structures as in the picture for the hotel and office complex.

Can someone tell them to plant those pine-tree flowers around the parking lot in their 3D render exactly as it appeared? Planting grass and flowers just as they appeared in your render is part of the project implementation.

One also hope they build exactly the type of office complex and hotel in their render. Or at least build something very standard as in the picture below.

Bros,
I like how you put the render side by side with the real picture. It makes it easier to see what has been achieved and what remains. I had almost forgotten about those building being part of the initial plan. Thank you for reminding us that this projects still remains those outstanding buildings before it can be declared truly completed.

I must commend the persianas group for replicating almost exactly what they had in their 3D render of the Polo Park mall, Enugu! Even the parking lot shape was done exactly. Based on that antecedent, I am sure they will build the type of structures they advertised for the hotel and office complex.
Daalu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 7:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
spyder880:

Oga spyder,
Biko post the pictures joor!

Thank you for all your help by saving us the journey to Enugu to prospect for plots of land at reasonable prices.I will soon get back to you if i confirm my sister's interest in the plots already marked out near Elim estate road. For now, she's still fully focused on the Centenary lifestyle city idea.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
cjrane:

Oga spyder,
Biko post the pictures joor!

Thank you for all your help by saving us the journey to Enugu to prospect for plots of land at reasonable prices.I will soon get back to you if i confirm my sister's interest in the plots already marked out near Elim estate road. For now, she's still fully focused on the Centenary lifestyle city idea.

I was at those plots of lands today and still love the prospects of the area. ........pictures. ........

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
spyder880:

I was at those plots of lands today and still love the prospects of the area. ........pictures. ........

Oga mi,

Na you dey command that Okwu oto ekele eze?

Well done ooo! You be my Oga ooo, ...remember ya boys oo! grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by investnow2013: 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
spyder880:

Spyder880 How much is a plot of land there?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
investnow2013:
Spyder880 How much is a plot of land there?

we have plots for N600,000 and another for N1m. See thi link below. ........

https://www.nairaland.com/1830688/tigerkenn-homes-property-development-initiative/5
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
cjrane:

Oga mi,

Na you dey command that Okwu oto ekele eze?

Well done ooo! You be my Oga ooo, ...remember ya boys oo! grin grin grin grin

cheesy wetin man go do na? Na the wheel barrow I dey push since last year be that.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by backtosender: 1:19am On Nov 28, 2014
BlackPikiN:
To all hard working men from naija, enjoy this piece from flavour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i61Lwl0D5MY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OvOOIeH9lc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCyIiyOLV3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRWuEUSGg_o

Happy Sunday to you all.
This song is 2million views man oh man i was reading comments from this video people love flavor all over the world he got sm huge fans out there..... they dont understand the language but they love this song too much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezl2s8-YDtY
This is Enugu i no nice place cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:41am On Nov 28, 2014
Kai! mai nini? Me I does not want am for foster on mai dust bin kwo grin kan ji kwo?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Tygg: 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
Unemadu:
Pro unitate!!
soo nostalgic m a fresh graduate 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
I want to visit Emene Enugu,

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
The center of Emene,

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
They are still working on this roads,

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
I still think this is a local government project, Enugu state government does not work as slowly as this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.