Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782007 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
mancanoe:
Please oga spider or whoever that know n this forum, where can i get a flex or sav printer machine for banner printing, i want to print some banner which i designed myself here in enugu.

Try those guys selling computer accessories at Ogui road Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Piyke: 7:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
HappyJoe:

I'm not sure that hotel is part of the global Golden Tulip franchise.

It started as Golden Tulip but after a few weeks got re-branded as Golden Royal

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo22: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Enugu - PH train service lauched. I think it is good news for farmers in Enugu.
www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/12/23/jonathan-relaunches-enugu-port-harcourt-train-service/

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimchimex(m): 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
wow... thats good. can't wait to ride on that air conditioned train

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
slimchimex:
wow... thats good. can't wait to ride on that air conditioned train

One day I will be travelling to PH on train to do my works cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:05am On Dec 24, 2014
Usually, the part of Enugu state known as Ninth mile corner is a logjam during festive seasons like this........

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:10am On Dec 24, 2014
Commuters have been known to suffer a lot of hardship due to the traffic situation here, very heavy around this time of the year. But there is a large detachment of security men here now, civil defence, road safety, police etc all controlling the traffic now.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by castrogee(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
Please umu Enugu, does anyone here have plots of land to sell n independent layout or GRA, for 4-5 million per plot. I need to know, as I have a client who is interested in such deal.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
castrogee:
Please umu Enugu, does anyone here have plots of land to sell n independent layout or GRA, for 4-5 million per plot. I need to know, as I have a client who is interested in such deal.

If you ask me, I will say that the amount mentioned above may not buy a plot of land in Independence layout or GRA Enugu. But that is just my opinion sha, I may be wrong.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
Road safety, NEMA, Enugu state government all cooperating to free the roads.....

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:48pm On Dec 24, 2014
NEMA has two ambulances on standby, Enugu state government has one ambulance waiting in case of any problems. ...

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
Enugu state government emergency ambulance. ......

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
But try as they can, they still got overwhelmed cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:39pm On Dec 24, 2014
......and all the roads are impassable now.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
This is total madness on the roads as the drivers are driving against traffic, thereby blocking the two lanes, no vehicle going to Onitsha can pass through Ekochin, instead those coming from Onitsha are spreading into the opposite lane........

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2014
spyder880:
This is total madness on the roads as the drivers are driving against traffic, thereby blocking the two lanes, no vehicle going to Onitsha can pass through Ekochin, instead those coming from Onitsha are spreading into the opposite lane........

What is causing the traffic holdup?

Hajji M.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2014
In the end, everyone suffers, some people may still be trapped here till tomorrow, and they wake up on Christmas Day in a traffic jam. The whole traffic offenders will go free, just to repeat this somewhere tomorrow.

The condition of the federal road is atrocious. Horrible horrible roads. By the way, this is Ninth mile corner, Udi local government area of Enugu state.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
mufutau55:

What is causing the traffic holdup?

Hajji M.

Bad roads and impatience of the drivers who all want to pass here in a hurry, refusing to obey traffic officials.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
Collynzo22:
Enugu - PH train service lauched. I think it is good news for farmers in Enugu.
www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/12/23/jonathan-relaunches-enugu-port-harcourt-train-service/

Please, where can one enter the train in enugu?

spyder880:
Usually, the part of Enugu state known as Ninth mile corner is a logjam during festive seasons like this........
Don't worry. Spyder, train has come, if we maintain it like this, our highways will soon be decongested

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:17am On Dec 25, 2014
spyder880:
In the end, everyone suffers, some people may still be trapped here till tomorrow, and they wake up on Christmas Day in a traffic jam. The whole traffic offenders will go free, just to repeat this somewhere tomorrow.

The condition of the federal road is atrocious. Horrible horrible roads. By the way, this is Ninth mile corner, Udi local government area of Enugu state.

The worst problem with Nigeria is IMPUNITY.

People just drive into the other side of the expressway against traffic and Police does not arrest them. Then everyone decides to break the law and all hell breaks loose.

Our Police and law enforcement people should learn to punish offenders as a deterrent for others to commit crime. In this case simply detaining the offending drivers for 4 hours would be adequate. Since it delays them while they were trying to beat everybody else.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:50am On Dec 25, 2014
centje:

Don't worry. Spyder, train has come, if we maintain it like this, our highways will soon be decongested

I believe one can enter from Enugu station, and I noticed they built terminals in many places including Emene and Uwani.

Do you know that there is a train stop right in my home town in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA? In my teen years, travelling home was a one straight and easy journey. Indeed, trains help a lot.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 25, 2014
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:25am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello friends, 
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014. 

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation I 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt. 

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site. 

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one. 

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learnt a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland. 

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalising some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity. 

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients. 

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I llan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings. 

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all. 

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by warrior01: 5:30am On Dec 25, 2014
Spyder, I just wanna say a big thank you for the marvelous job you're doing projecting Alaigbo especially Enugu to the world. God bless you and merry Christmas

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:35am On Dec 25, 2014
warrior01:
Spyder, I just wanna say a big thank you for the marvelous job you're doing projecting Alaigbo especially Enugu to the world. God bless you and merry Christmas

Thank you bro, Merry Christmas cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo22: 7:19am On Dec 25, 2014
centje:

I believe it is Ehamufu railway station.

I saw these details on facebook.
PH - Aba - Enugu Rail Commences and Train Stops In 5 Stations.
The PH - Aba - Enugu Rail route train depart Enugu at 7:00a.m, and stops over at 5 intermediate stations -
- Ovim, which is a densely populated passenger station,
- Umuahia, the Abia State capital,
- Omoba, Aba, where we have the famous Ariaria Market, and Imo River, which is the boundary of Aba and Rivers States.
- On arrival at Port Harcourt, the train will wait for about an hour to commence the return journey to Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:05am On Dec 25, 2014
Collynzo22:

The PH - Aba - Enugu Rail route train depart Enugu at 7:00a.m, and stops over at 5 intermediate stations -
- Omoba, Aba, where we have the famous Ariaria Market, and Imo River, which is the boundary of Aba and Rivers States.
- On arrival at Port Harcourt, the train will wait for about an hour to commence the return journey to Enugu.

We have a train station in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA of Enugu state. I will be heading to this train station as soon as I arrive in my village to see why trains will only be zooming past ky town and will not stop, we go carry placards o angry

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
spyder880:

I believe one can enter from Enugu station, and I noticed they built terminals in many places including Emene and Uwani.

Do you know that there is a train stop right in my home town in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA? In my teen years, travelling home was a one straight and easy journey. Indeed, trains help a lot.
Thanks. Do you know whether there's any one around ogui and where in Uwani is the station?

Collynzo22:

thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
Umunnem, Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New year for our dear Enugu state!

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:48am On Dec 29, 2014
The stream in my village is called the "nvuna"

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:53am On Dec 29, 2014
This is how we fetched water for domestic use back in the years when there was no other sources of water supply. Children that came back for Christmas still enjoy going to fetch water from this stream for the sake of the adventure. .....

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2014
Some of us also learnt how to swim from here, there are deep areas where one could splash about and relax in the chilling cool springs. ......

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.