Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,471 members, 7,864,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:27 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1808562 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FKO81(m): 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
cjrane:

It will be a truly modern small city near Enugu.
I had wanted to build on my land in Ghana, but i think i should buy a house there too. My sister has contacted them via their website.
Enugu is beautiful, three Southeastern states are making giant progress, I'm praying for the remaining two to get it right this time, I noticed that federal government has reawarded Enugu/Onitsha road to RCC. God bless Ala-Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
FKO81:

Enugu is beautiful, three Southeastern states are making giant progress, I'm praying for the remaining two to get it right this time, I noticed that federal government has reawarded Enugu/Onitsha road to RCC. God bless Ala-Igbo
it is not a matter of fg reawarding it...it is whether work is going on on it.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
asha80:
it is not a matter of fg reawarding it...it is whether work is going on on it.

I am about to blog with the pictures of the contract details, but something is worrying me here, why are the CCC starting to patch the same road from Enugu side, go to Mammy market to Air force training school and see patching work ongoing at the same road awarded to RCC. Are they fooling us?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikwokrikwo: 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
spyder880:

I am about to blog with the pictures of the contract details, but something is worrying me here, why are the CCC starting to patch the same road from Enugu side, go to Mammy market to Air force training school and see patching work ongoing at the same road awarded to RCC. Are they fooling us?
It could be a temporary measure to alleviate the suffering before the reconstruction gets to that part.
Just maybe
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
spyder880:

when you blog it let me know.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
asha80:

Okay bro.

Meanwhile Sullivan Chime is completing the roads around airport link road in Enugu.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
spyder880:

Okay bro.

Meanwhile Sullivan Chime is completing the roads around airport link road in Enugu.
only god knows if ugwuanyi would continue at this pace or slow down

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
asha80:

I have entered my findings about this express road here... http://amazingviewpoints..com/2015/03/rehabilitation-of-enugu-onitsha-express.html
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cfame1(m): 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
spyder880:
I love this state, and the towns that make up the state. I dont know if I will ever like to live anywhere else but Enugu, the way of life of the citizens of Enugu seems to be the best in the country.

Enugu people are very accomodating, hardworking and yet humble. We have everything here and yes, Enugu is working.

In this thread, I will try to change the perception of people about how bad or negative Nigeria is, lets start from where we are. I expect everyone to do something, lets stop the negativity for a while and focus on our positives. There are more good things in Nigeria than bad. You only need to look for it and see it.

I will flood this thread with so many pictures that people will complain, I have about 150 pictures loaded (more will be added this new week), I am ready to paste them here but I will post those in the evening, many towns were covered, many of our landmarks are here. The good, the moderately good and the terrible.

But let me just be posting and typing words for now, explaining some facts about Enugu.
I rep 042. Ezike to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
cfame1:

I rep 042. Ezike to be precise.

I grew up in Ogrute and Mkpamte, age 1 to 12

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cfame1(m): 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
spyder880:

I grew up in Ogrute and Mkpamte, age 1 to 12
Really? Am frm umuopu. U know there?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
cfame1:

Really? Am frm umuopu. U know there?

I know Umuopu very well, with my kiddy eyes cheesy I was at Ogurute last year.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2015
All the images always show brownish and dirty environment. Smh...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cfame1(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2015
spyder880:

I know Umuopu very well, with my kiddy eyes cheesy I was at Ogurute last year.
Lol.......kiddy eyes ko!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by castrogee(m): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
all4naija:
All the images always show brownish and dirty environment. Smh...

Useless post from a clueless poster!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 1:23am On Mar 17, 2015
It was quite a tedious journey but thank God I'm through with d semester. I can see our capital city growing faster to catch up with its peers around the world and I'm very happy about that, I just hope the incoming government would keep up with the current momentum/pace (or possibly surpass it) of taking the state to the highest level, He shouldn't forget Nsukka (although He is from d zone) especially the town cause it's been 'hoodwinkly' neglected. Because at the present level/development of the state, the state's capital (that is creeping into a world class city) need a major city that would trail it from behind (giving it support) and I think NSK is that potential city that need to be harnessed (or looked into). The presence of the govt is urgently needed in this town (Nsk) because the influx of people to this town, the sprawling of nearby communities, the Haphazard building of burgeoning block of flats (and duplex) all need to be catered for and planned. I don't think the urban planners of NSK are doing a tangible job... Its time for the govt to face the increasing number of in-migration to Nsk. Althesame, I salute the man of the moment, the only oasis in the desert, d man that epitomize d state, my only Oga Spyder for the job well done and for keeping the flag swaying. Thank you sir and may the almighty God reward you and family richly, and also to the great contributors to this envious thread, I wail a loud KUDOS!!! To you all because without you oga spyder would just have been 'soliloqizing' here, more wisdom to you all. Thanks and GOD bless!!!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Golusch(m): 9:40am On Mar 17, 2015
Pls can anyone assist me with list of credible/top notch creche, primary/secondary school here in Enugu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by colored(m): 10:46am On Mar 17, 2015
Golusch:
Pls can anyone assist me with list of credible/top notch creche, primary/secondary school here in Enugu?
Graceland college
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by anneedu: 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
spyder880:

Yes you are on point, Jim, Chimaroke made the job of Sullivan easy.
. Which Chimaroke? Can I hear the dead ones scream!. Whom so ever seek and adore evil,may evil never leave his Domain.Amen. I am thorough breed of 042. Sullivan made Enugu what it's now take it or leave.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by anneedu: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
christejames:
It was quite a tedious journey but thank God I'm through with d semester. I can see our capital city growing faster to catch up with its peers around the world and I'm very happy about that, I just hope the incoming government would keep up with the current momentum/pace (or possibly surpass it) of taking the state to the highest level, He shouldn't forget Nsukka (although He is from d zone) especially the town cause it's been 'hoodwinkly' neglected. Because at the present level/development of the state, the state's capital (that is creeping into a world class city) need a major city that would trail it from behind (giving it support) and I think NSK is that potential city that need to be harnessed (or looked into). The presence of the govt is urgently needed in this town (Nsk) because the influx of people to this town, the sprawling of nearby communities, the Haphazard building of burgeoning block of flats (and duplex) all need to be catered for and planned. I don't think the urban planners of NSK are doing a tangible job... Its time for the govt to face the increasing number of in-migration to Nsk. Althesame, I salute the man of the moment, the only oasis in the desert, d man that epitomize d state, my only Oga Spyder for the job well done and for keeping the flag swaying. Thank you sir and may the almighty God reward you and family richly, and also to the great contributors to this envious thread, I wail a loud KUDOS!!! To you all because without you oga spyder would just have been 'soliloqizing' here, more wisdom to you all. Thanks and GOD bless!!!
.May you be Blessed.forever, God will expand your coast.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tranxo(m): 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
anneedu:
. Which Chimaroke? Can I hear the dead ones scream!. Whom so ever seek and adore evil,may evil never leave his Domain.Amen. I am thorough breed of 042. Sullivan made Enugu what it's now take it or leave.
Bro, read between the lines. Between the lines. Spyder880 is right.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
anneedu:
.May you be Blessed.forever, God will expand your coast.
Amen!!! Big bro...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Golusch(m): 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
colored:
Graceland college

Pls whr is it situated?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
Today's pictures of Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu.

http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by colored(m): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
Golusch:

Pls whr is it situated?
GRA
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
This thread has lost traction ever since Spyder decided to start posting pics on his blog instead of here like he used to!.......Annoying! sad

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
IGBOSON1:
This thread has lost traction ever since Spyder decided to start posting pics on his blog instead of here like he used to!.......Annoying! sad

Plus the fact that I got busier, bear with me Sir grin

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Baroba(m): 7:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
oluchi86:
And you forgot the evergreen nick onyia of blessed memory! Nawa for u oh!

Quote author=Nightshift post=12305021] Enugu has always been blessed with great radio voices . Personally, the best radio crew in Enugu were those at the former ESBS 'Sunrise 96.1 FM'. Chuzzy Iboko (known as Mr C.), Mike Anene, Rosemary Azinge, Gboliwe Iwuobi, Ik Agu and co were the best Coal City radio crew ever. Anthony Okofuu and Barikomo Ador were equally a great duo at Radio Nigeria Enugu as well. On Igbo language programmes on the 2 stations , i will never forget ' Önu Ökwa' Linda Mmenakaya dishing her Özi ekene requests, Ichie Onwuagba Onwuagba, Nduka Obikwelu, Nath Obikpo, Okechukwu Okereke, Dumeh Nnamoko, Jevas Chukwuemezie, Chukwuma Ogbonna, Paddy Ekeh. Pete Edochie was presenting 'music of the masters' every Sunday for 2hrs on ABS 1 Enugu. Emmanuel Udokwu, Chinwetalu Agu and Patience Ozokwo were all doing plays and programmes for both radio stations .

Kai, you just brought back a lot of memories.. Nostalgic feelings dey kill me here in Obodo Eliza, 042 for life... Jevas Chukwuemzie (RIP) use to make fun of campus students back then, his murder created a lot of buzz back then, very talented comedian..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
IGBOSON1:

Men relax
Spyder has no obligation to post pictures on this thread. There are hundreds of people living in enugu visiting this thread everyday and none of them can pick up common cell phone camera to take pictures

Spyder is a very busy man with about 5 projects and counting, 4 children and wife to take care of and estate development in the works.

lastly, the pictures on his blog are the same pictures posted here. What if this thread is deleted from nairaland tomorrow? Trust me it almost happened before.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2015
Standing on the top of Nsude hills and looking at Ninth mile corner, the green walls are the proposed Guinness plc factory site. http://amazingviewpoints..com/2015/03/turning-ninth-mile-corner-to-industrial.html?m=1

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 11:00am On Mar 19, 2015
spyder880:
Standing on the top of Nsude hills and looking at Ninth mile corner, the green walls are the proposed Guinness plc factory site. http://amazingviewpoints..com/2015/03/turning-ninth-mile-corner-to-industrial.html?m=1
Guinness wants to build a brewery plant in Enugu?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by makazona(m): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
Good things happening in Enugu and must be sustained by our leaders.Thats why we need people like...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (707) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.