Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784832 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bishop42:

Wondering if Synthetic turf could be adopted by Enugu in Beautifying important spots around the City. so we don't have to worry about harmattan and maintainance

I read somewhere that it cost about N100million to cover an area the size of futball stadium with artificial lawn.

Below is a road with Artificial turf .

Our Median should go Synthetic

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
There are lots of synthetic grass in Nigerian market thesedays particularly in Wuse market Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON2: 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
spyder880:
As I just approached Chris chemists roundabout along Okpara avenue Enugu. .....

^^^This is supposed to be the city center, yet absolutely no attempt is made to beautify the area! See as the medians that are supposed to be covered in well-tended carpet grass are left to look barren, bald and dusty!

Go ask Uyo how it's done for fuc'ks sakes.....i hate repeating myself on issues that ought to be taken for granted as standard practice for urban development and beautification!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^This is supposed to be the city center, yet absolutely no attempt is made to beautify the area! See as the medians that are supposed to be covered in well-tended carpet grass are left to look barren, bald and dusty!

Go ask Uyo how it's done for fuc'ks sakes.....i hate repeating myself on issues that ought to be taken for granted as standard practice for urban development and beautification!

I believe they are listening.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 8:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
If you think you've seen the State Secretariat. What is this? smiley

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igbonazy: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
biafrandream:
If you think you've seen the State Secretariat. What is this? smiley
Enugu Secretariat?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
Enugu Secretariat! What a magnificent building cool

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 2:15am On Jun 17, 2015
Any pics of the insides: offices; conference rooms; lifts; and cafeteria (a complex like this should have a cafeteria)?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:43am On Jun 17, 2015
Sullivan Chime have one good quality. CLASS.

There is no project he left behind that is mediocre.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:18am On Jun 17, 2015
Works along Okpara avenue road, around Chris chemists roundabout this week

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:20am On Jun 17, 2015
From what I can see, they are obviously working on the drainage system. ...........

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:22am On Jun 17, 2015
My question is, is this Sullivan Chime or Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's work?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:25am On Jun 17, 2015
But some mischievous persons around me wouldn't allow me rest, they kept insisting that the work is in aid of Peace mass transit company. You see that brown house with a red roof, it's the newest terminal bought and being built by our brothe, Peace mass. People think this work is for him grin

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 17, 2015
So Enugu State is still awarding and executing contracts while those with bigger economy than the entire Eastern Region is waiting for truckloads of rice from donor agencies. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oil collapse, Oil dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, the true face of Nigeria is emerging.

042-Most Eco-friendly City.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 8:28am On Jun 17, 2015
0GBUEFI:
Igbos should kill Pastor Adeboye and all other Yoruba Pastors - Nnamdi Kanu(Radio Biafra)
You are SICK

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 8:33am On Jun 17, 2015
Pls ignore the m0ron above me. The sickos do not represent us. Igbos dont do things like mentally deranged cowards

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Darlduchi: 10:04am On Jun 17, 2015
My Dear you are another layman on public forum, one that will happily make an Igbo saboteur. Everyone else heard the broad cast and Nnamdi was very specific when he remind all his listeners that they are IPOB. He urged them to boycott all Yoruba pastors crusade and gave his reasons.

Boycott is not a call to kill and vandalism. If you are listener to Radio Biafra, i urge you to ask questions or better still refer to a dictionary before exhibiting your betrayal instinct.

0GBUEFI:
Igbos should kill Pastor Adeboye and all other Yoruba Pastors - Nnamdi Kanu(Radio Biafra)

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 10:54am On Jun 17, 2015
Abagworo:

Typical Igbotic buildings clustered like South American slum. Look to your left on the 2nd picture and see something decent. Government needs to give designs for both structure and roofing to stop this kind of nasty housing.

better than your own state you wanted to say grin jealousy has no medicine.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 10:56am On Jun 17, 2015
Darlduchi:
My Dear you are another layman on public forum, one that will happily make an Igbo saboteur. Everyone else heard the broad cast and Nnamdi was very specific when he remind all his listeners that they are IPOB. He urged them to boycott all Yoruba pastors crusade and gave his reasons.

Boycott is not a call to kill and vandalism. If you are listener to Radio Biafra, i urge you to ask questions or better still refer to a dictionary before exhibiting your betrayal instinct.

but the Nnamdi kalu guy is correct in a way. People just dump billions on mere mortals in the name of paying tith which will be used to build up a certain region. Hiw many yorubas are xtians sef. Who is fooling who?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by successmatters(m): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2015
BuddahMonk:
So Enugu State is still awarding and executing contracts while those with bigger economy than the entire Eastern Region is waiting for truckloads of rice from donor agencies. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oil collapse, Oil dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, the true face of Nigeria is emerging.

042-Most Eco-friendly City.

The only city in Nigeria where you enter bus for twenty naira cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 11:26am On Jun 17, 2015
spyder880:
My question is, is this Sullivan Chime or Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's work?
What does it matter? It's work by the government? And Sullivan was never the government.

That is one of our many developemental mistakes in Nigeria, where projects are seen as "my works", "his works" etc. And where projects are undertaken for political gains rather than with actual development in mind.

ICC remains Chimaroke's work? Perhaps that is why it is still abandoned.

The fact we cannot say if this is "Sullivan's work" or "Ugwuanyi's work" is heart-warming.

The thinking that the project is connected to Peace is "bear-palour talks".
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 17, 2015
New haven, enugu this morning

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
liberty300:
^^^^^^^^^^
Great shot, thank you Liberty300!
I like the fact that the median of Chime avenue is green, but the grass needs to be kept low.
We also need palm trees to line that road to give it a truly awesome feel of a great city center.
We want Chime avenue to look like the picture below. https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/282
Someone should please upgrade Chime avenue from an okay to an awesome avenue complete with trees, lined streets and all. It is afterall part of Enugu CBD in a way.

Igboson1&2, i nokwa ebea?

[size=18pt]Disclaimer: The Picture below is not Enugu! It is a street in Rwanda!!![/size]

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON2: 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
cjrane:

^^^^^^^^^^
I like the fact that the median of Chime avenue is green, but the grass needs to be kept low.
We also need palm trees to line that road to give it a truly awesome feel of a great city center.
We want Chime avenue to look like the picture below.
Someone should please upgrade Chime avenue from an okay to an awesome avenue complete with trees, lined streets and all. It is afterall part of Enugu CBD in a way.

^^^Hehehehe grin

I concur! wink
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dollyak(f): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
cjrane:

^^^^^^^^^^
We want Chime avenue to look like the picture below.

Seriously, one of the best pictures I have seen so far.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
liberty300:

Oh beautiful!

However you look at it, there is a slice of beauty in every part of Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
spyder880:
Sullivan Chime have one good quality. CLASS.

There is no project he left behind that is mediocre.
The diagnostic centre. The money used for the new lion building should have been used to complete that project.
He didn't do so well in the health sector.
Enugu hospitals lacks diagnostic equipments (considering we have only one teaching hospital with the rest being general and cottage hospitals ).
Imagine the only functional CT and MRI machines in the state are owned by conquest, memphys and Hansa clinics. All private which the average Enugu resident will find hard to afford.
Imagine paying 60-70k for investigations only.

There is hope though as the diagnostic centre which ibeto started about a year or two ago in UNEC has been roofed and plastered, I hope he completes it soon while we pray ugwuanyi gives more attention to healthcare cos they say health is wealth.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
Kcinho:

The diagnostic centre. The money used for the new lion building should have been used to complete that project.
He didn't do so well in the health sector.
Enugu hospitals lacks diagnostic equipments (considering we have only one teaching hospital with the rest being general and cottage hospitals ).
Imagine the only functional CT and MRI machines in the state are owned by conquest, memphys and Hansa clinics. All private which the average Enugu resident will find hard to afford.
Imagine paying 60-70k for investigations only.

There is hope though as the diagnostic centre which ibeto started about a year or two ago in UNEC has been roofed and plastered, I hope he completes it soon while we pray ugwuanyi gives more attention to healthcare cos they say health is wealth.

You are on point, but even the diagnostic centre of Sullivan Chime, even as it was not completed is still classy. Good quality construction all the way.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tranxo(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
spyder880:

You are on point, but even the diagnostic centre of Sullivan Chime, even as it was not completed is still classy. Good quality construction all the way.
Spyder I don't know, but you seem to have something against Chime for not completing this centre in his tenure. I think this mindset is limiting. The project is still on. You make it sound as if it's abandoned. Government should not be seen as a personal thing, where Governors embark on only projects that can be started and commissioned during their tenure. I know he should have done something about the ICC but maybe there are more to it than just the ebe-ano rivalry.
The main thing is that money for the diagnostic centre seem to be secure, based on the steady progress on the construction. Passed there today and a signage bearing its name is already up.
My only disappointment remains the state of hotel presidential.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.