Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1780137 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:21am On Jun 29, 2015
eaglechild:

It is not financially feasible to have the same amenities in the rural areas.

In any case if that happens it ceases to be rural and becomes urban.

Abakpa, Emene and 9th mile are about the densest parts of Enugu and are in dire need of good road network.
There is a reason why Enugu is called the coal city state.
Enugu city is the state's major attraction and revenue generator. It must always remain the priority.

I am not saying that Nsukka should be neglected but suggesting that it should get priority over Emene which harbours an international airport with a cargo terminal and is the major industrial layout of the state and thus a revenue generator is just plain folly.
Development of emene, abakpa and 9th mile shouldn't hinder developing the rural areas or their revenue potentials. You ppl make it sound as if all revenue is only possible in the capital . UDI can serve as a tourist heaven if those attractions are turned into commercial tourist sites and a city will sprout from there too.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 8:30am On Jun 29, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Development of emene, abakpa and 9th mile shouldn't hinder developing the rural areas or their revenue potentials. You ppl make it sound as if all revenue is only possible in the capital . UDI can serve as a tourist heaven if those attractions are turned into commercial tourist sites and a city will sprout from there too.
I agree with you.

I was replying to a post that implied that the governor's road works in Emene was laying too much emphasis in Enugu city when the governor had already promised he would also give Nsukka a proper make over.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:33am On Jun 29, 2015
eaglechild:

I agree with you.

I was replying to a post that implied that the governor's road works in Emene was laying too much emphasis in Enugu city when the governor had already promised he would also give Nsukka a proper make over.
Ok
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZeroTolerance: 8:43am On Jun 29, 2015
eaglechild:

You implied that all the roads in Enugu city are in good shape when someone said that the governor is working on Emene roads.
Then you said unless he wants to start demolishing the already good roads, he should not forget Nsukka.

That sounds rather clannish.
Are you saying Emene is the only road he can repair in the next for years? What is clannish about what I said? I am not from Nsukka and I spoke for all rural areas in Enugu. You are a confirmed fool sir.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 11:28am On Jun 29, 2015
ZeroTolerance:
Are you saying Emene is the only road he can repair in the next for years? What is clannish about what I said? I am not from Nsukka and I spoke for all rural areas in Enugu. You are a confirmed fool sir.

He has to start somewhere.

I am not against him developing Nsukka but you make it seem as if his road construction in Emene is an overkill.
Which is not.
Emene is the state's industrial layout and if you are hoping to attract investors that will grow the state's economy, Emene should definitely be in a decent condition.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZeroTolerance: 11:53am On Jun 29, 2015
eaglechild:

He has to start somewhere.

I am not against him developing Nsukka but you make it seem as if his road construction in Emene is an overkill.
Which is not.
Emene is the state's industrial layout and if you are hoping to attract investors that will grown the state's economy, Emene should definitely be in a decent condition.
That is not what I meant. I said he should also remember the rural areas.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
ZeroTolerance and eaglechild, It hasn't gotten to insults. You guys were having a good and object discussion. Everyone is entitled to his own perspective. So, let's keep it civil while we enjoy your views.

ZeroTolerance:
You are a very big idiat, when did I say Nsukka should have priority over Emene? He should remember the rural areas in his roads construction, that is all. I am not asking for dual carriage world class roads, simple passable roads will do, people are suffering. You are the fool here sir.

eaglechild:

It is not financially feasible to have the same amenities in the rural areas.

In any case if that happens it ceases to be rural and becomes urban.

Abakpa, Emene and 9th mile are about the densest parts of Enugu and are in dire need of good road network.
There is a reason why Enugu is called the coal city state.
Enugu city is the state's major attraction and revenue generator. It must always remain the priority.

I am not saying that Nsukka should be neglected but suggesting that it should get priority over Emene which harbours an international airport with a cargo terminal and is the major industrial layout of the state and thus a revenue generator is just plain folly.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FKO81(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
Independent layout Enugu

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
I don't think Abapka and Emene are part of Enugu. They are in the same category with Nsukka urban, Agbani urban, Udi urban etc

I suggested this before, and I think it's a system in US, where certain projects goes on independent of who is government. The leader at every point in time just have to follow the blueprints of such selected projects. For instance, road projects in entire Enugu state can be planned with blueprint available for say the next 20-50years. Governors within this period just have to carry out the road projects as planned, and the fund for the projects are deducted monthly just as the state is getting its revenues. Each completed rural/local goverment road is handed over to the local govt for maintainance. And every local government in Enugu is empowered financially and with equipment to maintain the roads. This same model can be replicated in certain aspects other ministries. That way, local governments are made more responsible in providing basic amenities, and attention paid to details, rather than having all the work on the governor. With this, the Governor takes a supervisory position on certain small projects and concentrate more on policies, and big projects or advanced amenities for the state. Also with this model, state revenues and rural development are evenly distributed especially based on economic power or potential of towns, with zero tolerance for clannishness.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
FKO81, tell me you photoshoped those houses cheesy
That's lovely houses, just the layout needs good finishing.

Modified.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by FKO81(m): 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
centje:
FKO81, tell me you photoshoped those houses cheesy
That's lovely houses, just the layout needs good finishing.

Modified.
Bro they are real, I took the pics yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
FKO81:

Bro they are real, I took the pics yesterday.

They are very real, I passed that area on Friday and it was glowing as I looked down from the hill.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lyntiffany(f): 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
spyder880:

They are very real, I passed that area on Friday and it was glowing as I looked down from the hill.
pls sir spyder can one get an affordable 3 bedroom flat in liberty estate?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
FKO81:
Independent layout Enugu
This is a testimony of affluence! Call it the magic of being Igbo! Above all it is Igbotic to the core!! More of such! #Nostalgic+Proudlynwafor#

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Macelliot(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
Enugu city, Obodo mara nma...

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
centje:
I don't think Abapka and Emene are part of Enugu. They are in the same category with Nsukka urban, Agbani urban, Udi urban etc
How are Abakpa and Emene not part of Enugu town?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nsukka town has more than ten commercial banks (campus not included), making it the second urban area in enugu state and therefore can not be categorised as a rural area. Enugu shud enjoy only marginal advantage as the capital but in actual sense, enugu state is made up of enugu region and nsukka region. Emene, Abakpa, 9th mile etc are enugu suburb while udi, nkanu, awgu are enugu rural. same way, obollo afor, orba, opi etc are nsukka suburbs while uzo uwani, enugu ezike, igbo etiti etc are nsukka rural

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
Afam4eva:

How are Abakpa and Emene not part of Enugu town?

Help me out
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
centje:

I suggested this before, and I think it's a system in US, where certain projects goes on independent of who is government. The leader at every point in time just have to follow the blueprints of such selected projects. For instance, road projects in entire Enugu state can be planned with blueprint available for say the next 20-50years. Governors within this period just have to carry out the road projects as planned, and the fund for the projects are deducted monthly just as the state is getting its revenues. Each completed rural/local goverment road is handed over to the local govt for maintainance. And every local government in Enugu is empowered financially and with equipment to maintain the roads. This same model can be replicated in certain aspects other ministries. That way, local governments are made more responsible in providing basic amenities, and attention paid to details, rather than having all the work on the governor. With this, the Governor takes a supervisory position on certain small projects and concentrate more on policies, and big projects or advanced amenities for the state. Also with this model, state revenues and rural development are evenly distributed especially based on economic power or potential of towns, with zero tolerance for clannishness.
Nice ideas and very feasible in realms where you have folks who are more driven by posterity and not transient gains.And that lead me to ask you,do we really have the caliber of leaders driven with enough discipline,foresight and patriotic values to adhere strictly to such medium term expenditure framework/rolling plans,taking into consideration the efforts of the predecessors and making adjustments as demanded by prevailing realities? While,we have a large pool of focused and sincere youths like most of the fellas who sustained this thread with their impeccable ideas,Nigerian ruling class is unfortunately pedestrian and not driven by nobility,rather primitive accumulation of capital! If not,why is it that any time there is a regime change(Sullivan to Gburugburu for instance),we all will gasp for breath in apprehension,hoping that the incoming regime will sustain the good programmes of their predecessors? You already know why! Well,i believe in Nigeria if it will be restructured.I also believe in Biafra because we will be forced to fix ourselves at least to avert the shameful sneers of our enemies who will wish otherwise. Keep enlightening us sir! I admire your analysis.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZeroTolerance: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
basilo101:
Nsukka town has more than ten commercial banks (campus not included), making it the second urban area in enugu state and therefore can not be categorised as a rural area. Enugu shud enjoy only marginal advantage as the capital but in actual sense, enugu state is made up of enugu region and nsukka region. Emene, Abakpa, 9th mile etc are enugu suburb while udi, nkanu, awgu are enugu rural. same way, obollo afor, orba, opi etc are nsukka suburbs while uzo uwani, enugu ezike, igbo etiti etc are nsukka rural
all those places you mentioned under Nsukka have either bad roads or no road at all.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
FKO81:
Independent layout Enugu
I can't believe this, let me call my manager
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Macelliot(m): 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
basilo101:
Nice one!
Proudly Nwa Nsukka.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
basilo101:

Last time I was in Nsukka was 2010. If the number of commercial banks in Nsukka is less than 20 then government need to do something down there.

Nsukka indigenes also need to do something as well.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
I really miss Enugu. No place like Enugu. FK081 pic reminded me of how much I miss Enugu. I will be back someday.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
eaglechild:

You implied that all the roads in Enugu city are in good shape when someone said that the governor is working on Emene roads.
Then you said unless he wants to start demolishing the already good roads, he should not forget Nsukka.

That sounds rather clannish.

I am very sorry to say this. I love Nsukka people but they are clannish to a fault. I have always wished Adada State was created so they can go and develop their state. Did we not witness the whole Enugu without exception, conceding governorship seat to Nsukka zone? Nsukka people would never have extended such gesture to Udi or Nkanu zone. Take analysis of past elections, they have always wanted to snatch power by all mean. The people who are here moaning over the building of road at Emene, have forgotten that while the whole Nkanuland was in darkness, Jim Nwobodo gave electricity to Nsukka.

I hate to tow this line, but I wish all those coming here to lament about Nsukka as if anyone is opposed to the development of their zone should simply carry their misery and go to another forum. Did anyone remember that I made a similar comment many months ago about my view on Nsukka. This is who they are. I am sorry I am generalizing, but that's who they are. Don't forget 90% of friend are from that area but they are disgustingly clannish. I know this will hurt some people but I have to say it.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
On Anioma State we stand, anybody that is pushing for Adada, Njaba, Orashi or Enyimba States is doing that for his selfish reason.

Anioma is more viable and reasonable than any nonsense that will be carved out of SE again.

Unification of Igboland should be the watchword not fragmentation and balkanization.

[s]
biafrandream:

I am very sorry to say this. I love Nsukka people but they are clannish to a fault. I have always wished Adada State was created so they can go and develop their state. Did we not witness the whole Enugu without exception, conceding governorship seat to Nsukka zone? Nsukka people would never have extended such gesture to Udi or Nkanu zone. Take analysis of past elections, they have always wanted to snatch power by all mean. The people who are here moaning over the building of road at Emene, have forgotten that while the whole Nkanuland was in darkness, Jim Nwobodo gave electricity to Nsukka.

I hate to tow this line, but I wish all those coming here to lament about Nsukka as if anyone is opposed to the development of their zone should simply carry their misery and go to another forum. Did anyone remember that I made a similar comment many months ago about my view on Nsukka. This is who they are. I am sorry I am generalizing, but that's who they are. Don't forget 90% of friend are from that area but they are disgustingly clannish. I know this will hurt some people but I have to say it.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nextexcel: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
biafrandream:

you can say more biafrandream,who cears?what we need is development,thanks to guys that have killed me with joy,imaging seeing my brothers @independent layout making us proud!vary soon the whole of the east will be like this.thanks spyder,ffko8 that ur pics na one million,i appriciat all of you guys inpute allot,one love ndi igbo

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
biafrandream:

Am afraid your analysis of "Nsukka" people is wrong. Very wrong. Am not from Nsukka, but it is a place I had some of my formative years and later went on to work there for a few years. Nsukka people are no more clannish than Abariba, Nnewi, Ibeku, Ezza etc of other people in other parts of the country. Its not clannishness but understanding the culture and people you find yourself in
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nnaa,that Independent layout mechikwaa akwukwor oo. But they roads need a little touch up.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
BuddahMonk:
On Anioma State we stand, anybody that is pushing for Adada, Njaba, Orashi or Enyimba States is doing that for his selfish reason.

Anioma is more viable and reasonable than any nonsense that will be carved out of SE again.

Unification of Igboland should be the watchword not fragmentation and balkanization.

Better pikin.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
biafrandream:

fool!!! take this your nonsense to another thread..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZeroTolerance: 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
biafrandream:

and you call yourself Bifrandream? If this is how even 40% of those clamouring for Biafra are, may Biafra never come to existence in Jesus name Amen.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.