Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1787363 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
Some times you say the truth but when you want to lie you do it with the same tenacity you applied in saying the truth.

The bolded is not true. Imo Airport is been upgraded as a local airport not to international airport. Even a kid knows that with all these plot against igbos there's no way they could build two international airports for south east.

Please remove Party affiliation when we discuss, I deal with Individuals not useless Nigerian parties without any real ideology, anything goes for them. Provide right information, because what we discuss here is for interest of igbos it's beyond any political party.

Abagworo:

Blame Jonathan not Buhari. Buhari has equally added Imo Airport and is now working on 2 international Airports for the Southeast. Let us wait and see if he will scam us for 6 years like his predecessor before lying against him.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:57am On Dec 11, 2015
Jessam:

Great write up, yes agriculture can be the largest employment sector in the country, it can also be a major driver for the rest of the Nigeria economy including banking, logistics, infrastructure development, marketing and agro science research. It would really boost the economy of Nigeria but must be taken seriously by the government. Concrete and effective policies should be put in place, at least 20 schools of agriculture schools should be opened spread out across Nigeria. Various levels of education should be provided, these schools should not be aimed for people obtaining worthless paper degrees but should aim to provide people with the right practical and basic management skills to go out start farming. Coop farms should be set up and priority given to people trained from these schools. Instead of offering startup loans that people can't afford to pay back or discourage people to go into agriculture, coops should be setup and large tranches of land given to agriculture property management company who will through government grants build the infrastructure required including livestock buildings, storage facilities: purchase, manage and maintain equipment required for farming such as tractors, tillers, harvesters. Small farmers are then given an opportunity to work within this farming estate or become members of the coop and pay a rental fee for land, rental fee for hire of equipment, rental fee for storage etc and access to seeds and fertilizers.
Loans and grants should however be provided to farmers that are established and can prove they have been in a structured profitable agric business for at least 3 years. If any government officials want to partner with Jessam to implement any government policies feel free to drop me an email at jessamfarms@hotmail.com

Anyway much more can be written about this but let me use this opportunity to introduce you to LJessam Cattle Ranch and Farm. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj5VRJWxLv0&feature=youtu.be

NOTICE - ANY PIG MERCHANTS THAT CAN COME TO OUR FARM AND PURCHASE A MINIMUM OF 20 PIGS A MONTH FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US

jessamfarms@hotmail.com

I am so proud of you guys into poultry, ranching and animal husbandry.
Continue your best. Soon, people will see that this is the only sustainable business in Nigeria.

If you guys can afford it, open up "Meat Shops" in Enugu, Onitsha, Aba, owerri and other big cities.
Supply your meat shops with frozen poultry,turkey, pork from your farm and sell a little cheaply per kilogram of meat to the public through your "Meat Shops" . Package your meat at your farm and stick the price on it, then ship them to the meat shops.
Before you know it, Jessam meat shops will be a household name in the entire SE and SS. people can even give you contracts to supply meat for weddings and other occasions.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Jessam: 4:55am On Dec 11, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

I am so proud of you guys into poultry, ranching and animal husbandry.
Continue your best. Soon, people will see that this is the only sustainable business in Nigeria.

If you guys can afford it, open up "Meat Shops" in Enugu, Onitsha, Aba, owerri and other big cities.
Supply your meat shops with frozen poultry,turkey, pork from your farm and sell a little cheaply per kilogram of meat to the public through your "Meat Shops" . Package your meat at your farm and stick the price on it, then ship them to the meat shops.
Before you know it, Jessam meat shops will be a household name in the entire SE and SS. people can even give you contracts to supply meat for weddings and other occasions.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, we are currently working on our business plan to open a chain of fine quality butcher/meat shops that offer quality, clean, healthy and hygienic meat products at an affordable price for the masses. Our launch shop will mostly be in Enugu late next year. Jessam aim is to revolutionize the sale of meat products and livestock to the ordinary man bringing it in line with western standards. We aim to be the name brand in meat sales first in Eastern Nigeria then target other parts of the country. See a picture of our vision of Jessam meat stores below.

Feel free to place your orders for livestock 08032455430 or 09099020582.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 11, 2015
OK. From now on, i'll only be on eastern threads on nairaland. After seun's new rule, I don't want to be involved in a warped minded blogger

Pic of enugu, can you guess where this is?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:28am On Dec 11, 2015
liberty300:
OK. From now on, i'll only be on eastern threads on nairaland. After seun's new rule, I don't want to be involved in a warped minded blogger

Pic of enugu, can you guess where this is?

Council bus stop Obiagu Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by onuleo(m): 10:16am On Dec 11, 2015
greetings everyone.. am probably the most quite follower of this thread(not the very disposed type) I've bn here from day one of these thread quite and most time annoyed with some posts and comments.. we should remember that state and local government boundaries are only tools of the very recent our heritage stands above any artificial line drawn on paper we were igbos before we became anambrans or imolites or enugu-whatever ..enough respect spidda,centje,ezeagu,abagoro,chima,afam and all my brothers here for those I cnt mention sorry but surely I know y'all and may God keep inspiring you to promote and rearrange the Igbo nation whatever way you can..

n nice one from the farm people.. the sky gone look up to u

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 10:29am On Dec 11, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2015
: Home » News »
Enugu govt partners Defence College to revitalize economy
October 15, 2015 at 10:02 pm in News FacebookTwitterSMSWhatsApp
Enugu State government and the National Defence College are to partner on strategies to boost the state’s internally generated revenue, IGR, and diversify her income base to address the present economic challenges in the country.
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, who spoke at Government House, noted that despite difficulties occasioned by the economic challenges, the state government had continued to keep faith with the aspirations of the people by making steady progress in economic development.
Represented by his deputy, Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, during an audience with participants of National Defence College, Course 24, Geo Strategic Study tour of Enugu State, Ugwuanyi noted  that the theme of the tour, ‘Internally Generated Revenue as Catalyst for Development: challenges and Prospects in Enugu State,’ was aptly chosen as it reflects the state’s efforts to restructure and revitalize the state’s economy.
“The theme of the tour could not have been more aptly chosen as it reflects our current efforts to the challenges occasioned by the current down-turn in the national economy,” Ugwuanyi said.
The governor assured that in the course of the tour, the participants would be briefed in greater details on the modest efforts made by the state as well as on the other peculiar challenges facing the state with a view to promoting collaboration for intervention

Vanguardngr.com
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2015
GOVERNOR UGWUANYI PARTNERS RAMP TO PROVIDE LINK ROADS TO NKANU EAST COUNCIL AREA
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has given assurance that his administration would collaborate with the Rural Access and Mobility Programme (RAMP) to rehabilitate rural roads in Nkanu East council
area of the state.

The governor said that in spite of the financial constraints his administration is facing, he would endeavour to link all the rural communities in the area to enhance rural trading and development.

In an address to a delegation from four communities in Nkerefi, Nkanu East council area of Enugu State which paid him a courtesy call at the Government House, Enugu, led by Chief Chris Ogbonnia, Governor
Ugwuanyi noted that rural development was one of his campaign promises, adding that he would ensure that his promises were kept.

He thanked the people of Nkerefi for their untiring support to his administration, promising to look into their requests with a view to addressing them.

In a speech, the leader of the four communities- Ohuani Umufu Nkerefi, Imeoha Nkerefi, Ishienu Nkerefi and Onuoha Nkerefi- Chief Ogbonnia commended Governor Ugwuanyi for his exemplary leadership and good
governance of the state.

Mr. Ogbonnia noted that over the years that it is only in the administration of Governor Ugwuanyi that the people of Nkerefi felt the impact of government in terms of appointment to positions and
development.

In his words, “His Excellency has shown that he is the anointed David that comes to save his people.”  He appealed to the governor to appoint the community’s sons and daughters to more positions to give
the people a sense of belonging.

They thanked Governor Ugwuanyi for appointing their son, Elder GOC Ajah, Secretary to the State Government (SSG), assuring him that he would not disappoint him.

Enugustate.gov.ng
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
GOVERNOR UGWUANYI PROMOTES EDUCATION THROUGH INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has affirmed the determination of his administration to provide enabling learning environment to enhance teaching and learning in schools in the state.

The governor in an address on the occasion of the third Convocation Lecture at Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu, assured that his administration would continue to support tertiary institutions in the
state to nurture quality graduates to actualize socio-economic development of the country.

He assured the university that the road leading to the institution would be reconstructed to ensure easy movements to and from the school, adding that education is one of the main thrust of his
administration.

In a convocation lecture titled “Education in Nigeria: Whither Good Governance,” the overnor of Sokoto State, Rt. Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, represented regretted that under the world’s top 800 universities
ranking released in July 2015 that only one Nigerian University, University of Ibadan made list of first 1000 universities, placing it in the 601 position, while in African ranking, out of the top 10 universities, South Africa picks 6, Egypt 2, leaving Nigeria and Kenya with one slot each.  According to him, under the 2015 university web ranking of top 100 universities in Africa, South Africa again picked 5 and a total of 18 on the list while Nigeria only picks with the best in 31st position, among others.

Tambuwal represented by a former member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Uzo Azubike, observed that this state of affairs is frightening and raises doubt as to whether any Nigerian university
can make the world’s top1000 subsequently.

According to him, for any university to aspire for the top, certain basics such as quality academic staff, quality infrastructure both academic and recreational, quality students and management, funding
and good governance and leadership must be in place.

In his words, “it is important at this point to state categorically that even where all the other basics are present but in the hands of an inept leadership or put differently, subjected to bad governance, no positive result can be realized.”

The immediate past Speaker of the House of Representatives, noted that funding also constitutes a serious challenge to educational development in Nigeria, especially tertiary education which is capital
intensive.

He added that statistics from the Central Bank of Nigeria revealed that between 1960 and 2013 that the percentage of total national budget allocation to education ranged from the lowest of 0.53% in 1971
to the highest of 17.59% in 1997 with an annual average of less than 7%.

He concluded, “Once we are able to attain these, the Nigerian tertiary education system should before long return to winning ways of producing Nobel laureates, intellectual wizards and schools of
international repute here on our shores.”

Earlier in his opening remarks, the Vice Chancellor of the University, Very Rev. Professor Christian Anieke outlined some of the programmes that ushered in the convocation which included cultural display to
promote the people’s cultural heritage, holy mass among others.  He used the occasion to plead to the state government to reconstruct the road leading to the university.

Enugustate.gov.ng
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
GOVERNOR UGWUANYI EXTENDS HOUSING SCHEME FOR WORKERS TO LOCAL GOVERNMENTS
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has affirmed his readiness to
engage the Federal Mortgage Bank in a strategic partnership to actualize his administration’s drive to provide houses to the state’s workers.

The governor disclosed that he had already approved extension of his
housing scheme programme for workers to local government council level to enhance the living standard of workers in the area.

In a speech when the management of the bank paid him a courtesy call
at the Government House, Enugu, Governor Ugwuanyi assured that the engagement strategic partnership with the bank would take the state to the next level in the housing sector.

Earlier in an address, the leader of the team, Mr. Gimba Ya’ukuma informed the governor that members were in the Government House, Enugu to express their appreciation to the governor for sponsoring hundred
(100) housing units for 100 junior workers in the state through the bank.

He called on other governors in the country to emulate Governor Ugwuanyi’s gesture to the workers of their state.

Mr. Ya’ukumo added that the bank had developed affordable and accessible housing estates in the state worth billions of naira to ease accommodation challenges of the people of the state.

He added that the bank has more housing programmes to help workers own
their houses.  According to him, it will also partner with the people living outside Nigeria but want to own houses to settle in the country, actualize their objectives.

He appealed to Governor Ugwuanyi to extend his housing programme for
workers to their counterpart in local government council in the state assuring him of the banks co-operation to actualize this drive.

Enugustate.gov.ng
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
All these News on Enugu is no music to my ear. 'am yet to feel a new government. May be 'am alone on this but that's how it is for me.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
centje:
All these News on Enugu is no music to my ear. 'am yet to feel a new government. May be 'am alone on this but that's how it is for me.
this one revenue is low I wonder how much impact you want to feel in these few months...if only choppings by politicians and civil service reduced

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
Well, I will shop for patience cheesy

asha80:
this one revenue is low I wonder how much impact you want to feel in these few months...if only choppings by politicians and civil service reduced
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2015
Afam4eva, please I want to beg you something. Reply me here when you get this mention. Thanks!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
Was at centenary city today, the city itself and all surrounding estates are under planned development.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Why do you say so?

ifeanyi199555:
Was at centenary city today, the city itself and all surrounding estates are under planned development.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
HappyJoe:

Let me break this to you. Buhari is more interested in finding oil in Lake Chad (read the 2016 budget) - he allocated almost N30 billion for just that. Get that budget & look for the allocations to the South East, there is nothing.

You Rochas people will learn to count your teeth with your tongue.

All these wild conspiracy allegations and half truths are getting old already.

Well, you may find this an interesting read:

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2015/12/11/fashola-unveils-agenda-for-roads-power-housing-lists-lagos-ibadan-expressway-second-niger-bridge-as-top-priority/

And before you spew another false conclusion let me clarify that GEJ did virtually nothing compared to what it will take to construct that bridge... no one has shown us the front end engineering design (FEED) for the works they claim to have done. That's a major bridge not some culvert. Goodluck shafted the Igbos... he was clueless and we acted like cheap azz hos simples
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
people have started fencing of their newly acquired lands just outside the city and I hear the main road will soon be tarred by state govt, land prices there are about to shoot up, it will be a wise investment. I know of plots being sold at the point of my picture for 7 mil each as of now
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by orlanmagic: 6:47am On Dec 12, 2015
ifeanyi199555:

@Ifeanyi199555 Did you go inside the estate ? Do you have pictures of inside the estate ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
centje:
Afam4eva, please I want to beg you something. Reply me here when you get this mention. Thanks!
Wassup, go ahead.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
Sorry, I wanted you to help me get a thread, which I wanted to create, to front page. But I saw it's been created already. It's about the recent rule 9 and how anti-biafra posts were allowed to thrive.

Thanks, tho'!

Afam4eva:

Wassup, go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
@nwanlecha

I can't connect to the site.

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.