Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1793636 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 23, 2016
chinweze93, more power to you
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 1:10am On Apr 23, 2016
Companies listed for Privatization Include;

Adarice Production (Nigeria) Limited
Premier Cashew Industries Limited
Hotel Presidential Limited
Nike Lake Resort Hotel Limited
Ikenga Hotels Limited
Sunrise Flour Mills Limited
Nigergas Company Limited
Nigersteel Company Limited
Vanguard Construction and Furniture Company Limited
Aluminium Products Company Limited, Ohebe-Dim
Enugu Vegetable Oil Products Limited
United Palm Products Limited
Enugu State Transport Company Limited
Enugu State Marketing Company Limited
Companies listed for Commercialization Include;

Enugu State Housing Development Corporation
Enugu State Home Ownership Company Limited
Enugu State Tractor Hiring Company Limited

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 1:15am On Apr 23, 2016
@cfcman thanks. I just got those things off the net. Mr Louis amoke is an SSA to d gov. Also visit the Facebook wall of the Enugu oganiru investment summit. A lot happened there. I hope d governor builds on d ideas from there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 1:17am On Apr 23, 2016
Peace
Pascal dozie
Chinese group MD

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 1:21am On Apr 23, 2016
Alex Otti
MD zinox stan ekeh
French embassador
Barth nnaji

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 1:22am On Apr 23, 2016
We were all there

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 1:25am On Apr 23, 2016
Brainstorming...work needs to be done

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 1:28am On Apr 23, 2016
Updates on independence layout, abakpa roads and inner town nsukka to come
Meanwhile d govt sets aside 600 mil for development of nkanu easr

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 6:23am On Apr 23, 2016
chinweze93:
Updates on independence layout, abakpa roads and inner town nsukka to come
Meanwhile d govt sets aside 600 mil for development of nkanu easr

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 6:45am On Apr 23, 2016
Wonder what happened to Enugu lifestyle and golf city

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 8:34am On Apr 23, 2016
chinweze93:
is this nsukka? nice updates.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 8:51am On Apr 23, 2016
Yeah. It's nsukka. I guess plots are still being sold at the golf city, albeit slowly . kudos to the management though, most of the infrastructure is on ground, I think they need to do more roads

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2016
New independence layout.. Spearheaded by chief Mrs Loretta aniagolu, daughter of late justice aniagolu of eke . businesswoman and solid minerals investor

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:41am On Apr 23, 2016
investnow2013:
How much do they charge now?

You can check on their website. As at today I saw £499 to and fro London-Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2016
chinweze93:

Please name the road if you don't mind. I love the road. Once I begin to see verifiable projects done by Ugwuanyi, then he will become my friend. I will praise him all the way like I praised Sullivan. I love good people.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2016
I named the first set of roads I uploaded.. The last one is still the opi nsukka dualization
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AyakaDunukofia: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2016
Someone close to Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi should inform him that the Igbo traditional Isiagu jumper is a cultural dress of immense beauty.That he should try a bit to reflect us in his future outings. little things make big things happen.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
Someone close to Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi should inform him that the Igbo traditional Isiagu jumper is a cultural dress of immense beauty.That he should try a bit to reflect us in his future outings. little things make big things happen.

Honestly something wilted inside of me when I saw his attire. I desperately want to be wrong in my assumption about him or any Igbo person I see dressesd like that, the leaders especially. However I forgive him because of the Oganiru development event. That is pure progressiveness.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AyakaDunukofia: 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
merahki:

Honestly something wilted inside of me when I saw his attire. I desperately want to be wrong in my assumption about him or any Igbo person I see dressesd like that, the leaders especially. However I forgive him because of the Oganiru development event. That is pure progressiveness.
My candid observation of his outings in the past ten months or there about. If people in his capacity finds comfort in konkosa more than our smart jumpers, then our cultural dresses in general have no future. I'm not saying he shouldn't put on a cross cultural dress. But should also be mindful of the number of times his colleagues outside the old Eastern region put on ours.

I wouldn't have bothered if Ugwuanyi slept and woke up with konkosa If other non eastern governors tried on ours even once a year.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RareDiamond: 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
What happened to the Enugu Free Trade Zone ? Has it been abandoned by the Federal government ?

chinweze93:
Peace
Pascal dozie
Chinese group MD
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

My candid observation of his outings in the past ten months or there about. If people in his capacity finds comfort in konkosa more than our smart jumpers, then our cultural dresses in general have no future. I'm not saying he shouldn't put on a cross cultural dress. But should also be mindful of the number of times his colleagues outside the old Eastern region put on ours.

I wouldn't have bothered if Ugwuanyi slept and woke up with konkosa If other non eastern governors tried on ours even once a year.

Konkosa got me cracked up cheesy. You are right. My stance is more extreme- dress and act in ways to promote your culture. Asoebis, dressing etc are all beautiful ways the Yoruba people express themselves and their cultures, beautiful to admire
and should be adopted by Igbos. They also bear their native names a lot, beautiful
Our governor dresses shamefully embarassed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
chinweze93:
Companies listed for Privatization Include;

Adarice Production (Nigeria) Limited
Premier Cashew Industries Limited
Hotel Presidential Limited
Nike Lake Resort Hotel Limited
Ikenga Hotels Limited
Sunrise Flour Mills Limited
Nigergas Company Limited
Nigersteel Company Limited
Vanguard Construction and Furniture Company Limited
Aluminium Products Company Limited, Ohebe-Dim
Enugu Vegetable Oil Products Limited
United Palm Products Limited
Enugu State Transport Company Limited
Enugu State Marketing Company Limited
Companies listed for Commercialization Include;

Enugu State Housing Development Corporation
Enugu State Home Ownership Company Limited
Enugu State Tractor Hiring Company Limited
I wonder what state government was doing trying to run this outfits in the first instance

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by adimsmt: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
chinweze93:
Opi to nsukka dualization

My people please what is it with this open drainage
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 2:03am On Apr 24, 2016
Culled from a Facebook page.

Looks like Ethiopian airline has been doing a cargo trial run since december 2014.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 24, 2016
ET have done a lot to raise the profile of the AIIA. Without a dedicated cargo terminal, they've been doing skeletal cargo flights.

They would benefit greatly from the completion of the cargo terminal.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 3:45am On Apr 24, 2016
The cargo warehouse has already been completed and commissioned by Nahco aviance since last year.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 24, 2016
ARROBA:
The cargo warehouse has already been completed and commissioned by Nahco aviance since last year.
Ok. My mistake
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2016
chinweze93:
In its effort to provide housing for all, the Enugu State government has teamed up with a firm FIT Consult Ltd for the development of New Independence Layout in the Enugu metropolis.
The project, expected to gulp N11 billion, is to be undertaken by the Shenyang Yuanda Commercial Company Ltd, a Chinese firm. The new estate would also take the pattern of Chinese housing estates known as the Heliu Residences.
Facilities to be enjoyed in the estate include 24 hour water supply, 24 hour security, serviced plots, paved roads, street lights, recreation club, shopping mall, sidewalks and parks.
The state Commissioner for Lands and Urban Development, Hon. Solomon Onah told reporters at the presentation of the housing project that such estate has not been developed anywhere in the Southeast.
Onah noted that since the creation of Enugu state 25 years ago, no new area has been developed in a proper manner, with full modern facilities until now.
He explained that the Heliu Residences at the New Independence Layout is to be constructed in partnership with a consortium of local and international companies led by FIT Consult Limited.
He threw some light on the project, saying, “This is a Public-Private partnership, where the state government is contributing the land required, while the consortium will develop the infrastructure, so that the serviced plots can be made available for individual development. The estimated total cost of infrastructure is about N3.5billion and we hope that the much needed revenue the state seeks will come from the sales of the plots while providing job opportunities for our teeming youths.”
Presenting the specifics of the project, the managing partner of the FIT Consult Limited, Chief Loretta Aniagolu explained that FIT Consult and its consortium would provide financing to construct the infrastructure and houses.
She said that total estimated infrastructure cost is N3.5billion while estimated housing construction cost is N7.5billion. She further explained that only single family or twin family duplexes and bungalows are permitted and not exceeding two floors of ground and first.
According to Aniagolu, a plot of land at the estate is obtainable at between N9.5million and N10billion and allocation is within 10 working days of down payment while the certificate of occupancy is obtained within 14 working days of payment of statutory fees.
“All home construction must commence by March 2017 and money back guarantee of infrastructure not provided by March 2017,” stressed Aniagolu.
The Chinese managing partner, Xin Jiang Johnny in his contribution said the estate is in two sections. One will be fully developed by the consortium while the other to be built by individuals but strictly to the specifications.

I hope Enugu life and Golf City has not been abandoned. Please what's the point in starting a fresh estate while the other one is yet to see any significant progress. I hope this is not a land grabbing ploy.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
At Enugu stadium at night. rangers vs nassarawa united .it ended 2-1.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 3:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
Work still ongoing around secretariat

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
chinweze93:
At Enugu stadium at night. rangers vs nassarawa united .it ended 2-1.

Saw a replay of that match on TV... gave me so much joy to see Rangers right back where they should be. The support was amazing while the setting was beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 1:50am On Apr 25, 2016
Looks like enugu to China by Air Peace may commence in May

Home Inside East Enugu
Inside EastEnugu
Soundbites of Enugu investment forum
By The Easterner - Apr 24, 2016 0 22

Enugu State governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi
Enugu State governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi
The resolve by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State to reposition the state on global investment map culminated in Enugu maiden investment summit aimed at positioning the economy towards uplifting the living standard of the people, Francis Igata writes for Vanguard.

The two-day summit witnessed torrents of prospective investors who thronged the Michael Okpara Square, Enugu, to queue behind Ugwuanyi’s vision and think outside the box especially now, that the global crude oil glut is adversely affected allocations from the Federal Government.

Chairman, Heir Holdings, Mr. Tony Elumelu, fired the first salvo, when, on the opening day, he called on governments of the South-East geopolitical zone to forge a partnership that will drive the regional economy of the zone.

The summit Christened, ”Beyond Oil: Fostering Inclusive Economic Growth and Sustainable Development” Elumelu who is equally on the board of United Bank of Africa, UBA and Transcorp Hotel, in his keynote speech said, “Enugu State is on the path of economic repositioning with the hosting of this summit. There should be a collaboration from other sister states in the South-East to establish a framework for regional partnership which will position the region to undertake capital intensive projects that will affect the economy.

“This summit is a means to an end. The end is the economic revolution of the state and beyond. With this summit, the state has placed itself on the path of economic revolution. Issues that scare away prospective investors like multiple taxation should be avoided like Kaduna State government did”.

AKANU IBIAM CLEARED TO OPERATE FLIGHTS TO US, CHINA, INDIA

The announcement on the closing day of the summit that the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Emene, Enugu State has been approved for international flight operations to and from Atlanta, United States of America, USA, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Johannesburg, South Africa, Mumbai,India and Gwuanzuo, China received thunderous applause.

This revelation was made by the Chairman, Air Peace, Allen Onyema, who equally announced that Air Peace has been approved as National Carrier into the five countries by the Federal Government.

Onyema said, “Two weeks ago, President Muhammadu Buhari approved Air Peace as the National Carrier. This means that Air Peace will be flying directly into Atlanta, United States of America, USA, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Johannesburg.,South Africa, Mumbai, India and Gwuanzuo, China.

“I have chosen to operate from Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu as the capital of the South-East geopolitical zone. I am determined to make Enugu an industrial nerve centre to restore its pride of place as was the case in the early eighties. This means that businesses in Enugu and the entire South-East states will experience a boom.

“No airline flies directly into these countries from the East, West and Central Africa at the moment. This is a major breakthrough for the Igboman. Operations will commence in May and Enugu should be ready for it”.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (702) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.