Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784942 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 8:01am On May 20, 2017
MXrep:

It is definitely a federal government contract. Buhari, you are failure and bigot but thank you on this even though its too small compared to what we deserve

Not sure a bigot would have bothered to do any project for his sworn "enemies". The people that you love abandoned that road for years without apology.

Thank you Buhari! May God strengthen you to do more.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:39am On May 20, 2017
DelGardo:

Not sure a bigot would have bothered to do any project for his sworn "enemies". The people that you love abandoned that road for years without apology.

While not holding brief for anyone, I think our senators and house of representative members from Enugu and Anambra states for the Onitsha-Enugu express and our senators from Enugu, Imo and Abia states for the Enugu-Port Harcourt highway should call a press confrerence and address this issue of what transpired on these highway contracts between 2007-2015.

In all fairness, I know a time under Obasanjo regime when Enugu -Onitsha express was awarded and started from the Enugu end, but suddenly, the contractor abandoned site, there was also a signboard which indicated the contract was re awarded sometimes under Yar Adua, but it was not even started, not to talk of being completed

Obu na nwa mgbeke amaghi akpu, ka obu na aguba adighi nko?

Who was in charge of asking the questions why these roads remained undone till now, what happened?

We should agitate and demand answers from our senators and representatives first, before we can focus and attack the current or the past presidents for being ineffective.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AlNur: 11:49am On May 20, 2017
They are doing a great job on that road, passed through it during my Easter visit and i must commend the contractor incharge.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 3:02pm On May 20, 2017
It is very good to build good roads leading to the hinterland but in this era of global infrastructural transformation...Enugu state and the SE deserve to build their cities for productive advantage, youth employment, and prosperity. With these ventures, people will begin to move to the region. In this regard, we need to know what the government is doing about the Enugu Industrial Park, signed by the former governor. We need a bold, risk-taking governor who can implement this critical project. He should be able to get loans from international multilateral institutions and local banks to start this project, which would be led by private sector think tanks, to limit bureaucracy. Dubai was a desert until a bold risk-taking Emir turned it as one of the best places to live on Earth... We need such hard visionary leaders...Our people in the diaspora can offer their helping hand...Things need to move from planning stages to production...

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 3:09pm On May 20, 2017
Below is EKO Atlantic city project in Lagos, which is taken shape. The Lagos state government has taken huge loans to develop the state.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogene001: 9:21pm On May 20, 2017
DelGardo:

Lol, can one administration finish all projects?? I hope when Buhari leaves nobody will do any projects in his zone again since Buhari did not do it
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 9:08pm On May 21, 2017
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State sustaining the legacies of our past leaders. The ongoing rehabilitation of the pavement at Michael Okpara Square, Enugu in mind...
It is worthy of note, that the project which is being handled by Comag Steel and Construction Company Limited, was one of the contracts approved, just last week, by the Enugu State Executive Council.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 9:33pm On May 21, 2017
Ogene001:

Lol, can one administration finish all projects?? I hope when Buhari leaves nobody will do any projects in his zone again since Buhari did not do it

Funny guy... if this is your understanding of my post then I really have nothing to say to you pal
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Deadvalley001: 10:00pm On May 21, 2017
Enugu is meeting up with Anambra.

This is what we need as a people.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 6:01pm On May 22, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Prinzyy: 6:54pm On May 22, 2017
igwebuike01:
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State sustaining the legacies of our past leaders. The ongoing rehabilitation of the pavement at Michael Okpara Square, Enugu in mind...
It is worthy of note, that the project which is being handled by Comag Steel and Construction Company Limited, was one of the contracts approved, just last week, by the Enugu State Executive Council.
bros na road be this ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 7:05pm On May 22, 2017
Prinzyy:
bros na road be this ?
No, Okpara Square
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 6:59pm On May 25, 2017
The final phase of opi_nsukka road

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:01pm On May 25, 2017
Rural Roads

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:02pm On May 25, 2017
Inauguration of Security equipment for our neighborhood watch

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 7:48pm On May 25, 2017
Good job from Ugwuanyi, when people were criticizing him here, I told some of you here that he is the best thing that will happen to ndi enugu

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 7:48pm On May 25, 2017
Deadvalley001:
Enugu is meeting up with Anambra.

This is what we need as a people.

comedian
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 1:57pm On May 27, 2017
DOGARA TO COMMISSION ROADS, OTHER PROJECTS IN ABA
written by Our Reporter May 26, 2017
UMOBILE_600X90B
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, will
tomorrow, visit Aba, Abia State, to commission roads, water and other
projects attracted to the city by the member representing Aba North/Aba
South federal constituency, Hon. Ossy Prestige.

Inspecting some of the projects in Aba, the lawmaker stated that the
Speaker who would be accompanied by other members of the House, will
commission the ongoing Ohanku road and Garden Avenue, a three classroom
block at Etche road Primary School, as well as over 20 water bore holes
which are part of his constituency projects.

The lawmaker disclosed that he has graded over 150 roads, empowerment and
skill acquisition, home and oversea scholarship for students across the
state.

He explained that the Ohanku road and classroom block projects are being
handled by the Federal Ministry of Works, Power and Housing, Abuja,
stressing that the Speaker will also inaugurate a free legal aid programme
to assist indigent members of his constituency who can’t afford the
services of a lawyer.

“The commissioning of the projects would mark my two years in office.
During my electioneering, I promised the people that Aba must be fixed. In
the past two years, we have done a lot in thanking Aba people for their
support during the election. You have seen some of the thing we have been
doing in road and water projects. Last week, we launched a free school bus
to take our students to school.

“It is a way of helping parents reduce the burden of paying transport for
their children, weekly. I remember how they stood by men when the result
of the election was being collated, ensuring that their votes counted. We
are going to do more to ensure that Aba is fixed.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have an update on what Enugu state representatives are bringing to Enugu state?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 3:55pm On May 27, 2017
When I innocently asked that Enugu state governor work on the roads leading into innermost towns in Enugu state, some people chose to throw bad words around to me.

Well, God is not sleeping.

Something happened today, something that will rewrite the history of Enugu politics.

Keep tuned as I arrange about 20 pictures of a Federal government project, in a zone of the state the current governor chose to ignore.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by hornyofife: 4:02pm On May 27, 2017
ckenneths:
When I innocently asked that Enugu state governor work on the roads leading into innermost towns in Enugu state, some people chose to throw bad words around to me.

Well, God is not sleeping.

Something happened today, something that will rewrite the history of Enugu politics.

Keep tuned as I arrange about 20 pictures of a Federal government project, in a zone of the state the current governor chose to ignore.

ok na... patiently waiting.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 8:08pm On May 27, 2017
Today, the deputy president of the senate, Ike Ekweremmadu flags off the construction of a brand new road to link the communities under his senatorial district and other parts of Enugu state. The contract, which has been started by Arab Contractors, will see the new road stretching from Nnenwe to Nomeh Unateze, Oduma, Mburubu and Nara Unateze.

It will be recalled that some parts of Enugu state has been experiencing serious neglect as the present government seems to be avoiding starting up projects in such localities. More pictures at out next post.

http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2017
The arrival of Ike Ekweremmadu

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 8:18pm On May 27, 2017
Ikeoha is so much loved, he was mobbed by all, hugging, touching, singing and dancing............. grin grin

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 8:22pm On May 27, 2017
Nwoke ike, Ike ndi Igbo ji eje mba

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 8:28pm On May 27, 2017
They are here, the yellow company vehicles of Arab contractors.........

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:01pm On May 27, 2017
Kudos to the DSP on this very important project.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:05pm On May 27, 2017
But I don't seem to get the meaning of the statement "the present administration does not seem to start project in certain part of the state" if u feel any part of the state is abandoned, say it clearly.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2017
Digitron:
But I don't seem to get the meaning of the statement "the present administration does not seem to start project in certain part of the state" if u feel any part of the state is abandoned, say it clearly.

Just what was typed there. There is clear neglect going on in some communities in Enugu state, and I think its bad enough.

How can we be proud to be identified as citizens of Enugu state when the governor, deputy, senator representing us don't even know where the town is?

No road, no water, no government presence from the state governor and previous governments. The people of these towns will never forget Ike Ekweremmadu. He has our support in case he wants us to stand behind him any day.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 10:52pm On May 27, 2017
I can see secretary to my local government Aninri Ifeanyi Mbaude in the picture

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 10:57pm On May 27, 2017
ckenneths:

Just what was typed there. There is clear neglect going on in some communities in Enugu state, and I think its bad enough.

How can we be proud to be identified as citizens of Enugu state when the governor, deputy, senator representing us don't even know where the town is?

No road, no water, no government presence from the state governor and previous governments. The people of these towns will never forget Ike Ekweremmadu. He has our support in case he wants us to stand behind him any day.
Nkanu East LGA is like Uzo-Uwani and Isi Uzo, large by land mass but scantily populated with no major urban area
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 11:00pm On May 27, 2017
ckenneths:

Gil Nnaji represents you in the senate, what's he doing, any ugwuanyi is trying opening up rural areas, don't forget that nkanu was governor and deputy governors in the last 16 years in enugu, what did they do with it nothing. Ugwuanyi is a good man who has done wonders with the meagre resources available to him

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.