Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,737 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1807820 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
INNO18: Hmmmn. There's a thread i saw on Enugu, i think the thread is a year or two old, where you criticised sullivan and posted pics of slums in Enugu. Now the same you is praising him? Anyway it's good to know sullivan is working unlike that OTONDO called peter obi.

^^^Heh! I hope you realise you're walking on thin ice with the bolded statement?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Heh! I hope you realise you're walking on thin ice with the bolded statement?
i am?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2012
INNO18: i am?

^^^His henchmen are lurking in the shadows waiting for the first person to summon the boldness to even mention 'Pe....' before they mount a frenzied and sustained attack; just warning ya.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
spyder880: I went and saw the progress of work at the new secretariat complex in Enugu. Work has started in full for the building of the complex, Arab Contractors are the builders on site, so much activity in those areas. I took some shots and will post when I get more chance.

They prevented me from taking photograghs from the bridge building site at Ziks avenue Enugu. An overzealous security man told me they have orders to stop anybody from taking photos, still Arab Contractors site, solid looking constructions.

I also saw a new road being built around new haven extension, coming from the airport, its on the right hand side from new haven junction, opposite Dannic hotels and across the rail line. So many projects going on at the same time in Enugu and the governor has not granted a press conference in 3 years grin we have even forgotten how his voice sounds. He will not launch any of the completed projects and he will jump into another one.

THANK YOU SULLIVAN.

^^^Spyder, the new secretariat.....any renders for it, and how many floors will it be?

Also, what's the level of works on the airport at Emene.....any pic updates on that as well?

Those places you posted pics of refuse pilling up when the thread started, you know if they've been cleared up?; just want to know if the state gov't is responding to objective criticisms.

Cheers. smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
undecided
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^His henchmen are lurking in the shadows waiting for the first person to summon the boldness to even mention 'Pe....' before they mount a frenzied and sustained attack; just warning ya.
oh realy? Well i hope he has them in sokoto, coz that's where i reside.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
Proud igbo. The waste management in enugu is very poor recently.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 3:58am On Nov 09, 2012
centje: Proud igbo. The waste management in enugu is very poor recently.
i think enugu have ordered over 100 brand new electric control waste bin trucks from IVM i saw it on the news the other day, but i don't no when it will be officially ready i think the bin trucks are still on production...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 09, 2012
you people are commenting too much. We need pictures and less talk. lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 7:23am On Nov 09, 2012
Plz stop comparing governor here. What we need here are pictures. Pictures of new airport terminal, new speed train which should be east inter-state service(enugu to anambra to imo to abia to ebonyi, continuously and leaves every 30 minutes or 1 hour safe and less cost). I think that we need to move to the next level of development. Issues of MY STATE should not cause division here. How would others rate us when they read your comments of my state, my state, my state. They would just arrive that we are not united. Plz my brothers, if anything good happens in any state in the east, we should all rejoice. I will be delighted to invest in any eastern state than in any other part of the country. But plz, lets push for the inter state speed train service which can run thru the whole east in 2 hours. When that happens, you can live in Abia while you work in Enugu or stay at nnewi while you do business in owerri.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boicc(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2012
Chubayo,u are on point my dear....B4 i run my mouth,permit me 2 call a Nri priest an expensive n educatd illiterate.Wtf do u tink u are.Hu cares wat u tink abt anambra.Its a village man hu had nt bin 2 anambra(nnewi 2 be precise) wuld bliv all d nonsense written abt anambra hia on NL on daily basis.How can aState governor leave his own state n build a shoppin mall in a developed city(Abj),wat kind of picture does such a person wants onlookers 2 see abt Anambra.Well,NL z a faceless forum wia everytin goes,so ride on wit ya myopic view.U've probably nt bin 2 oda state(042 to be precise).
The buildin as my dad told shuld be close to 12/15 storey buildin.I tink Arab contractors won d contract even though Sullivan z nt in d country 4 som tym nw.
Nobody shuld quote me pls!!! Tanks in advance.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 09, 2012
Da infamous: i think enugu have ordered over 100 brand new electric control waste bin trucks from IVM i saw it on the news the other day, but i don't no when it will be officially ready i think the bin trucks are still on production...
well,we hvnt seen them yet. Its jst annoying to see waste littered everywhere. And we hvnt learnt to dispose waste properly.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2012
henrychubayo: Plz stop comparing governor here. What we need here are pictures. Pictures of new airport terminal, new speed train which should be east inter-state service(enugu to anambra to imo to abia to ebonyi, continuously and leaves every 30 minutes or 1 hour safe and less cost). I think that we need to move to the next level of development. Issues of MY STATE should not cause division here. How would others rate us when they read your comments of my state, my state, my state. They would just arrive that we are not united. Plz my brothers, if anything good happens in any state in the east, we should all rejoice. I will be delighted to invest in any eastern state than in any other part of the country. But plz, lets push for the inter state speed train service which can run thru the whole east in 2 hours. When that happens, you can live in Abia while you work in Enugu or stay at nnewi while you do business in owerri.
that is the kind of project south east governors shuld embark on. If there is no federal law restricting such collective venture what is then wrong with leaders of the south east...
South east needs to interconnect in every sector,agriculture,energy,transport,tourism,health etc. If we can achieve this then we wont be bothered by the little federal allocation.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
Nancy42:

emperoh i stay @ achina street 42 to be precise nice 2 meet u

That should be opposite Idaw River Girls
Good old days. Are u still in that area?

My house was the last on ,my street, opposite a block industry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2012

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dainfamous: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
ENUGU IS JUST BEAUTIFUL.. chime is the best governor in Nigeria i bet u,enugu state allocation is not close to let say,abia state or even delta state no fine rich like enugu.That will tell you that good governance is the most important thing not how much your state get every month it is sad even river state is a pity smiley

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
Still waitin for d picture, is the pix corrupt?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
more pictures plz
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nancy42(m): 7:27am On Nov 10, 2012
Emperoh:

That should be opposite Idaw River Girls
Good old days. Are u still in that area?

My house was the last on ,my street, opposite a block industry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 11:20am On Nov 10, 2012
I heard that the sub-station mega power has commence in Nenwe and ugwuaji, how true is it @spyder
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
I like cool enviroment with less noisey== thats jux ENUGU
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by zone77(m): 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
Nancy42:

emperoh i stay @ achina street 42 to be precise nice 2 meet u

wow..i stay @ afikpo street...no 10.9ce meeting u
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
@ ikengawo, I love those pictures, where is that crowded market? Is it Ogbete?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
INNO18: I'm apalled @ your level of ignorance. Peter obi is looting your state's treasury and stacking them in Fidelity bank, and your here comparing him with Rochas. Ino na isi!

Look at who is calling somebody ignorant. Can you prove how Obi looted ANAMBRA ? Can you?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Sealeddeal(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
INNO18: I'm apalled @ your level of ignorance. Peter obi is looting your state's treasury and stacking them in Fidelity bank, and your here comparing him with Rochas. Ino na isi!
.......if u have a personal problem with Gov.Peter Obi,u can settle that with him instead of saying something u cant give evidence for.EFCC has not tried Obi for looting or even suspected him at all.i like Obi bt not into politics.actually,when explaining the leadership ability of a governor,u should take the place he is leading into cognizance .Gov.Obi's achievement so far are laudable even though Anambra is not yet what its supposed to be.but then,Obi has done greatly in uplifting the spirit of anambra people..actually,u are criticisng Gov.Peter Obi because now,u are proud to be from Anambra.during Mbadinuju days in office,everybody forgot govt just because no one know where to start complaining and where to stop.Anambra was in ruin before Gov.Obi took office but now,great changes can be felt everywhere.Yes,alot of Nnewi people will never be happy with Peter Obi because Obi has not touched Nnewi like he is doing in Onitsha.But Nnewi alone is not anambra.so Generally speaking,Peter Obi has done greatly in Anambra state as a Gov.Equally,i will not seek to compare Rochas Okorocha with Peter Obi because,it will be very unfair to Rochas,after all,Rochas is yet to be 2years in Office while Peter Obi is almost 7years.Comparing Gov requires one to know the topography of their states,the amount accruable to the state in terms of allocation and derivation,the number of years spent,the 'state' of the state before the governor assumed office.so from there,u know who is best.i only wish that governor in SE will work atleast like Peter Obi.Gov.Peter Obi is the best governor in SE for now.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Sealeddeal(m): 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
achi4u: @sealedeal ur on point but can you name one project Obi awarded and executed at Nnewi at this present day,I've lived in Nnewi for years and no gov had ever dim it fit to construct any solid dual carriage road at that twon despite all the billions of money they rake from that twon(atleast thats what Nnewi need),only the wealthy individuals are trying their best to give the twon a face lift.
Nnewi as a 'Japan of Africa' need to be restructured giving their huge industrualization and skilled manpower.
But truth be told Nnewi land hav b occupied with so many buildings without initial MASTER PLAN.
.....That why its said,'if wishes are horses,beggars can ride'. Actually,its ur wish that Nnewi get dual carriage way/street light likewise me.i even have bigger wishes for Nnewi.Nnewi is my home.actually,Obi seem to have problem with Nnewi,i cant really tell but then,he has constructed up to 8 roads in Nnewi.One thing u should know about Peter Obi is that he mostly construct roads that links atleast,two towns.that could be one of the reasons why the interior roads(trunk C roads) in nnewi are left unattended to.Equally,its true that buildings in nnewi were constructed without State master plan but u should remember that Anambra gOvernment drew the Nnewi,Awka,Onitsha Master plan around 2007.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Sealeddeal(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
achi4u: @sealedeal ur on point but can you name one project Obi awarded and executed at Nnewi at this present day,I've lived in Nnewi for years and no gov had ever dim it fit to construct any solid dual carriage road at that twon despite all the billions of money they rake from that twon(atleast thats what Nnewi need),only the wealthy individuals are trying their best to give the twon a face lift.
Nnewi as a 'Japan of Africa' need to be restructured giving their huge industrualization and skilled manpower.
But truth be told Nnewi land hav b occupied with so many buildings without initial MASTER PLAN.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
I will definitely settle in Enugu one day...Those pictures are breathtaking.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
Where the Hell is everybody?. This thread has remained dormant for days. Spyder ino kwaya?

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (707) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.