Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786197 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dremca(m): 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ride on. permission to create that thread on his behalf
post=66277109:

Boy I'll like you to create thread on Ogun or Oyo vs Anambra on development invite me let compare, Ogun IGR might be bigger than Enugu but IGR doesn't measure economy, Enugu five years financial transactions dwarfed Ogun, according to CBN-Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

five years deposit in Enugu #1'651'741.09

Five years Bank deposit in Ogun #1'204'873.59
https://www.nairaland.com/3087723/nbs-report-bank-credit-deposit-states

Just open thread on Anambra and Ogun invite me let us debate leave Enugu thread, You guys are making noise about IGR but Ogun IGR can't pay workers salaries, they borrowed $350 million two months ago.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2018
InvertedHammer:

The difference between Enugu and Anambra is that one Hausa leader woke up one day and decided to divide you people to conquer. It is regrettable that you bought into it. The present day Anambra state could be divided further and the feeble-minded will concentrate on that which divides them than on those things that unite them.

A lot of notable people from Anambra have houses in Enugu. Some are building more at Awka. But that doesn't mean that they are leaving Enugu. It means that they are expanding the frontier.
/

I'm afraid the emboldened line is untrue. Military admins don't wake up and divide states. There are always concerns raised by the indigenes and with requests sometimes for such state creation...just like we have Adada State agitation in Enugu and Orlu State in Imo.

Where there are such demands, the Admin will implement it at once to please the people, and send down his 'boy' to man the new state. It's pretty easy creating states under military administration.

Why we find it difficult to embrace ourselves as one people beats my understanding. But no matter what the reason is, it is compounded by ignorance and ego.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
I am a Wawa man, a very proud Wawa man. Wawa means NO in my language dialect, and we enjoy speaking our language. The name of Enugu state was Wawa state, only that some people raised objections and the name was changed to Enugu state. Anambra people are great people, very hardworking, very industrious and bold in their business ventures. I learn from them, and all Igbos and Nigerians alike. Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi and Imo states are one entity that cannot be separated. We share blood lines, we share a common ancestry and we have enough respect for each other. I relax and sleep with my eyes closed in any of the states, I am at home.

Let us stick to the topic, very enlightened discourse coming from you guys, ignore the distraction, it will fizzle out. I was at the Base event centre last two months, it was just WOW!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
spyder880:
I am a Wawa man, a very proud Wawa man. Wawa means NO in my language dialect, and we enjoy speaking our language. The name of Enugu state was Wawa state, only that some people raised objections and the name was changed to Enugu state. Anambra people are great people, very hardworking, very industrious and bold in their business ventures. I learn from them, and all Igbos and Nigerians alike. Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi and Imo states are one entity that cannot be separated. We share blood lines, we share a common ancestry and we have enough respect for each other. I relax and sleep with my eyes closed in any of the states, I am at home.

Let us stick to the topic, very enlightened discourse coming from you guys, ignore the distraction, it will fizzle out. I was at the Base event centre last two months, it was just WOW!

The interloper who claims he comes from Anambra is not Igbo. He should be ignored.

I love the developments in Anambra, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi states.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InvertedHammer: 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
SoNature:

I'm afraid the emboldened line is untrue. Military admins don't wake up and divide states. There are always concerns raised by the indigenes and with requests sometimes for such state creation...just like we have Adada State agitation in Enugu and Orlu State in Imo.

Where there are such demands, the Admin will implement it at once to please the people, and send down his 'boy' to man the new state. It's pretty easy creating states under military administration.

Why we find it difficult to embrace ourselves as one people beats my understanding. But no matter what the reason is, it is compounded by ignorance and ego.

You contradicted yourself.

Why hasn't the agitation for Adada and Orlu come to fruition after all these years? Because he "who wakes up to decide" is not interested. Agitate all you want, if the Head of State is indifferent, you ain't getting it. They signed away States the same way they allocated oil fields to cronies and mistresses. Heck! Maryam Babangida was rewarded with Delta state. The buck stopped at the desk of the Head of States back then which you acknowledged surreptitiously.
/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
InvertedHammer:

Why hasn't the agitation for Adada and Orlu come to fruition after all these years? Because he "who wakes up to decide" is not interested. Agitate all you want, if the Head of State is indifferent, you ain't getting it. They signed away States the same way they allocated oil fields to cronies and mistresses. Heck! Maryam Babangida was rewarded with Delta state. The buck stopped at the desk of the Head of States back then which you acknowledged surreptitiously.
/

When did those agitation start: under military or democratic administration? I won't argue with you and I won't reply you again either. I've made my point. Thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TheKingdom: 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
State agitation when the states you have no try?

Don’t fall into the divide and rule gimmick Arewa boys played on una. Back to regions/Biafra and you will see development

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NonsoWow: 7:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
spyder880:

Wow! I love wawa people who are proud of themselves and not the present crop who just can't breathe without Anambra. Thumbs up.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Whyke141: 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
"The award given to President Buhari of Nigeria was not given by The King Center, at the request of The King Center or by the children of MLK @MrFixNigeria"

Martin Luther King Center has denied that they gave Buhari any 1st Black History Month National Black Excellence and Exceptional African Leadership Award 2018.

In another headline; Thailand blast Nigeria over false claims. Earlier in the month, the country denied remarks made by the Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh, that rice mills are collapsing in the Asian country.

P.S

All this second-hand lies and consequent embarrassment from the international community in just one month. Why don't the APC government keep manufacturing lies and propaganda internally as they have always done? What is the point in internationalising the cheap propaganda to embarrass us the more?

It is not the best of times to be a Nigerian! Who will put this misery to an end in 2019?

WRITTEN BY; MBE NWANIGA

Source���
http://www.whykeanthology.com/2018/03/nigerias-presidents-buhari-award-is-fake.html?m=1
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NonsoWow: 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
Spyder880 The only reservation that I have with your comment is insinuating that Anambra and Enugu have something binding us. I completely disagree. You are not in rhythm with reality in that aspect. Anambra and Enugu have nothing in common. We are as far apart as THE NORTH POLE is from the SOUTH POLE. In terms of language(dialect), behaviour, economic status, Igboness, achievements, etc. Anambra indigenes are light years ahead of our neighbours in any positive area you can think of.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
NonsoWow:
Spyder880 The only reservation that I have with your comment is insinuating that Anambra and Enugu have something binding us. I completely disagree. You are not in rhythm with reality in that aspect. Anambra and Enugu have nothing in common. We are as far apart as THE NORTH POLE is from the SOUTH POLE. In terms of language(dialect), behaviour, economic status, Igboness, achievements, etc. Anambra indigenes are light years ahead of our neighbours in any positive area you can think of.

You afonjaman copied chinos handle to incite division among igbos. Everyone know that you are a Yoruba man.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 8:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
the fact that you guys feed the troll is what is more annoying

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by whirlwind7(m): 6:28am On Mar 31, 2018
horsepower101:

You afonjaman copied chinos handle to incite division among igbos. Everyone know that you are a Yoruba man.

When you keep replying that nonentity, then you are no better than him.
What part of "ignore him" did you not understand, pls?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:17am On Mar 31, 2018
Coming from the Emene airport link road, towards Naira triangle .......

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 10:01am On Mar 31, 2018
asha80:
the fact that you guys feed the troll is what is more annoying

I wonder why they keep encouraging him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by discusant: 10:50am On Mar 31, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

Because of political differences with then Imo state governor Udenwa, Senator Arthur Nzeribe killed the agitation for a merited sixth state in the Southeast. Njaba/Orlu state was about to be created when Arthur Nzeribe said it must be Orashi/Oguta state, instead of Njaba/Orlu.

Once the division from the same constituency in Imo state emerged, Nsukka people started to insist for Adada/Nsukka as the sixth state.
But it's on record that after Ebonyi was carved out as fifth SE state from Enugu and Abia states, the sixth SE state must be carved out from Anambra and Imo state's.

Arthur Nzeribe did his worst.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
spyder880:

I like the way Sullivan Chime transformed that road. Just move straight down towards Sunrise Flourmill over there and see how people are developing properties around there.

Enugu is developing faster than an Usain Bolt on an anabolic-androgen steroid! grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
SoNature:

I like the way Sullivan Chime transformed that road. Just move straight down towards Sunrise Flourmill over there and see how people are developing properties around there.

Enugu is developing faster than an Usain Bolt on an anabolic-androgen steroid! grin

Although many of our people are still fixated on developing other parts of Nigeria especially Lagos, Abuja than their own states or communities. For the first time since i came to America, i have heard Igbo people talk about owning something in their own states or key urban centers at Enugu, Onitsha,Owerri, Aba. Even cities as Awka, Asaba, Abakaliki, Umuahia, Okigwe,Nsukka,Nnewi,Orlu etc have been coming up in conversation where people want to invest.

This new attitude has shocked me because the average Igboman a few years ago will boast about being born in Maiduguri and has 20 buildings there and married his first daughter to a Kanuri chief.

I think finally, the scales are falling off our eyes to see Nigeria as it is, not what we wish it should be, so that we can reason properly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jamjo: 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
discusant:

Because of polutical differences with then Imo state governor Udenwa, Senator Arthur Nzeribe killed the agitation for a merited sixth state in the Southeast. Njaba/Orlu state was about to be created when Arthur Nzeribe said it must be Orashi/Oguta state, instead of Njaba/Orlu.

Once the division from the same constituency in Imo state emerged, Nsukka people started to insist for Adada/Nsukka as the sixth state.
But it's on record that after Ebonyi was carved out as fifth SE state from Enugu and Abia states, the sixth SE state must be carved out from Anambra and Imo state's.

As an Igbo person and from Imo, my view on agitation for a state for Southeast, the five states are too small for another state to be created from it. We have the opportunity to expand our territory if we as Southeasters will see the vision and the advantages in supporting the creation of Anioma State in Delta state to complement the Southeast as the sixth State that will be good for us. We need room to spread and we also need the population, the Southeast is fast running out of agricultural lands and that is a big problem.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NonsoWow: 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
discusant:

Because of polutical differences with then Imo state governor Udenwa, Senator Arthur Nzeribe killed the agitation for a merited sixth state in the Southeast. Njaba/Orlu state was about to be created when Arthur Nzeribe said it must be Orashi/Oguta state, instead of Njaba/Orlu.

You ended badly. No part of Anambra state wants to leave. Our unity and supremacy as Anambra indigenes is intact and every Anambra indigene is proud of that. If you want to create a new state, go and cut from Enugu and Ebonyi before islam completely swallows those two states.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
I just saw the type of road being constructed by Dave Umahi in Ebonyi state, concrete road to be topped with asphalt. Is this not what our governors should be doing here too. Ugwuanyi should please explore this alternative to the current roads being built in Enugu state.
This road is at Okposi junctio, Ebonyi state.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

Although many of our people are still fixated on developing other parts of Nigeria especially Lagos, Abuja than their own states or communities. For the first time since i came to America, i have heard Igbo people talk about owning something in their own states or key urban centers at Enugu, Onitsha,Owerri, Aba. Even cities as Awka, Asaba, Abakaliki, Umuahia, Okigwe,Nsukka,Nnewi,Orlu etc have been coming up in conversation where people want to invest.

This new attitude has shocked me because the average Igboman a few years ago will boast about being born in Maiduguri and has 20 buildings there and married his first daughter to a Kanuri chief.

I think finally, the scales are falling off our eyes to see Nigeria as it is, not what we wish it should be, so that we can reason properly.

You have spoken the pure truth. The things I saw with my eyes in Asaba, onitsha metro area was shocking. It was construction everywhere. I think igbos are finally waking up to the reality of one Nigeria. I wish it didn't take so many years for them to realize this.

There is no place like home....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2018
jamjo:

As an Igbo person and from Imo, my view on agitation for a state for Southeast, the five states are too small for another state to be created from it. We have the opportunity to expand our territory if we as Southeasters will see the vision and the advantages in supporting the creation of Anioma State in Delta state to complement the Southeast as the sixth State that will be good for us. We need room to spread and we also need the population, the Southeast is fast running out of agricultural lands and that is a big problem.

Anioma state should be our no 1 priority when it comes to state creation. No more further didvision of the south east.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
horsepower101:

You have spoken the pure truth. The things I saw with my eyes in Asaba, onitsha metro area was shocking. It was construction everywhere. I think igbos are finally waking up to the reality of one Nigeria. I wish it didn't take so many years for them to realize this.

There is no place like home....

Onitsha is seriously growing. I feel a strong sense of pride whenever I am in Onitsha, I am also helping to add to the skyline, I am building this new one for a client in Onitsha.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jamjo: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
spyder880:

I wish our people will understand the importance of removing sand from our road, sand destroys roads.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jamjo: 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
horsepower101:

Anioma state should be our no 1 priority when it comes to state creation. No more further didvision of the south east.

I agree with you on that 100%

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dremca(m): 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2018
spyder880:

Onitsha is seriously growing. I feel a strong sense of pride whenever I am in Onitsha, I am also helping to add to the skyline, I am building this new one for a client in Onitsha.
Same as Awka with estate springing up everywhere, just that house owners in Onitsha don't like renovating their buildings.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 2:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
jamjo:

I wish our people will understand the importance of removing sand from our road, sand destroys roads.

Innoson should start building these and marketing it to state governments and private estate management.
Every problem presents money making opportunities

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
Dremca:
Same as Awka with estate springing up everywhere, just that house owners in Onitsha don't like renovating their buildings.

House renovation will come only when government starts to limit or restrict building permits. That's when people with money, will start buying older buildings and start to renovate them.

That's how it happens in other cities in the world.

The other option is for government to mandate renovation of houses after 20 years. I doubt this one will be done in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by realhumanity: 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
The funniest part is that igboland is only sharing pictures of beautiful edifice in the east. All of you have refused to take action on the lack of jobs and investment inflow in the region. Dont be deceived, many of the property owners are not in the east, so the question is, what are the people in the east doing to make money?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2018
realhumanity:
The funniest part is that igboland is only sharing pictures of beautiful edifice in the east. All of you have refused to take action on the lack of jobs and investment inflow in the region. Dont be deceived, many of the property owners are not in the east, so the question is, what are the people in the east doing to make money?

Do you know how many jobs just building 1 house provides?

There is investment inflows into the east unless you think local investors don't matter.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Develpeast: 2:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
I have taken my time off nairaland to have a proper look at things from all perspective, I find out that we have been deceiving ourselves seriously. The number of dependents in the east are fast rising and many of the graduates are looking for places to run to. My nephew called and asked if he could come stay with me and hustle. I thought to myself that these people in the east have been made to feel that they need to come to the north or west before they can make any head way in life. The perception that the present government is not trying to tackle because this thing has festered for 48 years.

No one is talking and everyone seems to enjoy the loud silence because they are faced with harsh realities. With the increase in emigration of the resourceful and smart minds out of the east, we will be having the same mediocre government currently ruling us now in the east.

The east is shrinking economically but no one is saying anything about this, it is until we build idp camp in the east before most of you will realise that we are facing big problems.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.