Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1787423 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ideynl1: 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
basilol01:
Chidiebele you better stay away from this. Is you are not happy the way Abia state has been removed from radar

[s][/s]

Kogi man. You real state governor owes 38 months. Go face your state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ideynl1: 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
basilol01:
Chidiebele na your papa came from kogi

[s][/s]

Igalaman. Stay out oglf Igbo matter. You aren't an Igbo man.

No matter how you deny it, you're igala man from Kogi.

Goodbye
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hmm guys I want to say something.
I think Enugu State should invest more into ICT, or should I say focus entirely on ICT.
Our region should be divided into states with major market strong points. Anambra and Abịa should be focused on Industrialization and Commerce, Imo should focus on tourism and relaxation, Ebonyi should focus on Agriculture while Enugu State should be focused on ICT.
Most people already regard Enugu as the ICT hub of the south east but I am not seeing any major tech stuff in the state. We should work collectively in the south east region to push ourselves up because we can see we shouldn't expect any significant help from the FG.
I keep asking myself what this governor's talk in their meetings.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BasilnwaNsukka: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
stop this useless bushmen mentality. That is the reason enugu state has been civil servants state for 100yrs because they chose to be so. Now you want others to leave ICT for you because na your papa owns ICT. Every state should go on and develop any economy it wants for itself. Lagos is a good example that each and every state can develop in all sectors. There is nothing you cannot find in Lagos, whether it is entertainment, industry, commerce, tourism etc. Every state should start developing and attracting industries, commercial concerns, tourism investment etc. Nobody will leave anything for you unless you go for it and establish properly in it. Everybody should go and develop their states, no section of the economy can be left for any group or state. very soon Nigeria will be restructured and it is only those states that have already established themselves in industries, strong economic presence, will succeed in a restructured Nigeria.

[s]
melodyogonna:
Hmm guys I want to say something.
I think Enugu State should invest more into ICT, or should I say focus entirely on ICT.
Our region should be divided into states with major market strong points. Anambra and Abịa should be focused on Industrialization and Commerce, Imo should focus on tourism and relaxation, Ebonyi should focus on Agriculture while Enugu State should be focused on ICT.
Most people already regard Enugu as the ICT hub of the south east but I am not seeing any major tech stuff in the state. We should work collectively in the south east region to push ourselves up because we can see we shouldn't expect any significant help from the FG.
I keep asking myself what this governor's talk in their meetings.
[/s]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
BasilnwaNsukka:
stop this useless bushmen mentality. That is the reason enugu state has been civil servants state because they chose to be so. Now you want others to leave ICT for you because na your papa owns ICT. Every state should go on and develop any economy it wants for itself. Lagos is a good example that each and every state can develop in all sectors. There is nothing you cannot find in Lagos, whether it is entertainment, industry, commerce, tourism etc.

[s][/s]
I said major market point - the sector you should give the most attention to, not necessarily the only thing should be doing. P.S please don't reply me rudely again, let's discuss like civilized people, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2019
The major market point for Enugu state is coal. There is no other area the state has absolute advantage except COAL which no other SE have. So focus on coal mining.

melodyogonna:

I said major market point - the sector you should give the most attention to, not necessarily the only thing should be doing. P.S please don't reply me rudely again, let's discuss like civilized people, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2019
MXr8p:
The major market point for Enugu state is coal. There is no other area the state has absolute advantage except COAL. So focus on your coal mining.

I know what you are doing but'll still reply you. The world have moved past coal, it has high pollution rate and no longer as valuable at was some decades ago. Enugu State should focus on ICT.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
Then ask your state people to focus on ICT and stop apportioning economic sector as if you are the one that shares it to states. Anything you want in your state just start it and stop telling other states where they should invest. While you are still talking here other states are moving fast in establishing themselves in many sectors of the economy, tomorrow you will say they are into everything. mxrep come and join the discussion

melodyogonna:

I know what you are doing but'll still reply you. The world have moved past coal, it has high pollution rate and no longer as valuable at was some decades ago. Enugu State should focus on ICT.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
MXr8p:
Then ask your state people to focus on ICT and stop apportioning economic sector as if you are the one that shares it to states. Anything you want in your state just start it and stop telling other states where they should invest. While you are still talking here other states are moving fast in establishing themselves in many sectors of the economy, tomorrow you will say they are into everything.

Apportioning Economic sectors? This is one funny guy. The only state not focused very much on what I posted is Enugu and that makes me sad.
BTW I still think we will be better off as a region if we support each other on what we do best and stop trying to do everything.
Problem with trying to do everything is that you stretch your resources too thin it would take a lot of time and alot resources to achieve something tangible.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2019
You see the problem, you are more concerned about how states gets along doing their thing while you are yet to start in your Enugu state. Economy is driven by private sectors and not the govt. The only thing that govt does is economic policy and operational guideline.

If investors found Enugu state economically attractive they will come, but the reason they have not come maybe because it is not economically attractive, For instance Onitsha main market does not get 15% patronage from the residents but most of their buyers are people from other parts of the country, the same thing is happening in other manufacturing concerns.

Everything starts small. Let Enugu state people start it and others will join them if they succeed. But for now it is just wishful thinking.

Yes every state can do everything ranging from entertainment, Tech, industry, commerce, education etc. Some states are already doing it, all you need is just private sectors keying into it and it is a goal.

melodyogonna:

Apportioning Economic sectors? This is one funny guy. The only state not focused very much on what I posted is Enugu and that makes me sad.
BTW I still think we will be better off as a region if we support each other on what we do best and stop trying to do everything.
Problem with trying to do everything is that you stretch your resources too thin it would take a lot of time and alot resources to achieve something tangible.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2019
MXr8p:
You see the problem, you are more concerned about how states gets along doing their thing while you are yet to start in your Enugu state. Economy is driven by private sectors and not the govt. The only thing that govt does is economic policy and operational guideline.

If investors found Enugu state economically attractive they will come, but the reason they have not come maybe because it is not economically attractive, For instance Onitsha main market does not get 15% patronage from the residents but most of their buyers are people from other parts of the country, the same thing is happening in other manufacturing concerns.

Everything starts small. Let Enugu state people start it and others will join them if they succeed. But for now it is just wishful thinking.

Yes every state can do everything ranging from entertainment, Tech, industry, commerce, education etc. Some states are already doing it, all you need is just private sectors keying into it and it is a goal.

Investor in Tech flooded enugu long ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2019
MXr8p:

Are we not saying the same thing? The government needs to make policies attractive to investors, no? There should be adequate - more than adequate education on ICT topics as well as empowerments and fundings, this are the starting points.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2019
MXrep:
Did they?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2019
Storming to do what? Talk show lol

Edufun is a tech STEM center based in Onitsha and it is the only STEM center in the whole of the SE and SS. They are the people that coached the Onitsha school girls to win the Technovation in America.

Anambra is the home of Tech and ICT in Nigeria

MXrep:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
See how EDUFUN is moving around Anambra schools to groom students in TECH

MXrep:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
melodyogonna:

The world hasn't "moved past" coal, no one has,.. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2019
FG has consolidated enugu ICT potential by siting ICT university in enugu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
Enugu state govt should invest massively in education just like Anambra did and here is the result- students from the state went to World Technovation at Silicon Valley and defeated students from world's most developed countries and came back with gold. Students in this state are groomed from childhood into STEM and ICT.

Pictures: STEM center in Anambra

melodyogonna:

Are we not saying the same thing? The government needs to make policies attractive to investors, no? There should be adequate - more than adequate education on ICT topics as well as empowerments and fundings, this are the starting points.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
melodyogonna:

Did they?
Yes they did. Its is not part of enugu government culture to make noise with private businesses
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
This is Edufun STEM center Onitsha, the only STEM center in the SE and SS. Read more about it here: https://edufuntechnik.com

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
LOL..it is not about noise. You don't have any damn private investor. If you have it, you that i know too well will like to flaunt it. But there is nothing to show. Investors go to where they will make quick and big return on investment. No investor goes to invest where it is clear that it is economically unattractive and few businesses there are shutting down every now and then.

MXrep:

Yes they did. Its is not part of enugu government culture to make noise with private businesses
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2019
MXrep:

We are are Igbos bro, we know that not making noise about your business is the same as almost patronizing the business yourself. Enugu State for one makes a lot of noise over little things so I don't know how tech investments would go unnoticed. how do you market a business if u don't talk about it?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
Rgade:

The world hasn't "moved past" coal, no one has,.. .
Coal can still be useful in electricity generation ... if managed properly so as to avoid pollution, but I don't think there would be much profit if it is commercialized.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
melodyogonna:

We are are Igbos bro, we know that not making noise about your business is the same as almost patronizing the business yourself. Enugu State for one makes a lot of noise over little things so I don't know how tech investments would go unnoticed. how do you market a business if u don't talk about it?
You are confused. Enugu state makes noise with little things done by the state. It does not attach itself to private businesses. Eg have you ever seen enugu governor taking pictures at nigerian brewery the way you see obiano at interfact every time?
NSIP is a federal parastatal under vp office. It chose genesys tech hub enugu as SE regional hub that is why you saw the governor there when osibanjo visited.
Since when did it become the government duty to advertise private business if not someone trying to take cheap credit when he has nothing else to show

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
MXr8p:
LOL..it is not about noise. You don't have any damn private investor. If you have it, you that i know too well will like to flaunt it. But there is nothing to show. Investors go to where they will make quick and big return on investment. No investor goes to invest where it is clear that it is economically unattractive and few businesses there are shutting down every now and then.

Genesys tech hub is inside enugu lifestyle and golf city and the FG recognised regional tech hub for SE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 3:32pm On Apr 28, 2019
Please show us the website

The only STEM TECH center in the SE and SS is the Technik which has its headquarters in Onitsha. It helped Onitsha school to win gold last year at Silicon Valley, that is the only STEM center recognised by the FG in the world of the SE and SS

Pictures: STEM TECH center, Park Drive Onitsha

MXrep:

Genesys tech hub is inside enugu lifestyle and golf city and the FG recognised regional tech hub for SE

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2019
MXrep:

You are confused. Enugu state makes noise with little things done by the state. It does not attach itself to private businesses. Eg have you ever seen enugu governor taking pictures at nigerian brewery the way you see obiano at interfact every time?
NSIP is a federal parastatal under vp office. It chose genesys tech hub enugu as SE regional hub that is why you saw the governor there when osibanjo visited.
Since when did it become the government duty to advertise private business if not someone trying to take cheap credit when he has nothing else to show

I now understand why Obiano avoids any single meeting in enugu state like mad....

He made it clear that he is not going attend any single meeting again in. Enugu state.....

Look at how obsession is killing u here....what has Obiano business got to do with u....or are u just uncomfortable.....heeeeeee

Obiano is the best thing that have happened to us.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXr8p: 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
I am the one showing you the STEM center in Anambra and not the stste govt. Show us what you think you have in Enugu state as an individual, this is not about govt now. The truth is that no one is investing in Enugu because it is not economically attractive. What Enugu state govt should concentrate on now is investing in education. Education is almost zero in Enugu state

MXrep:

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.