Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,932 members, 7,845,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1798868 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2022
Personality like chime the former gorvo Is what Enugu needs

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:24am On Dec 03, 2022
Digitron:
Ugwuawara Junction, Nsukka

shey Golden Valley hotel & Ikenga hotel dey dis area?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 4:14am On Dec 03, 2022
Digitron:
Introduction

Nweke seems like a serious human being. Again, I don't know the candidates well but he seems level headed and civilized.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

It's only Golden Valley Hotel that's there, Ikenga Hotel is after barracks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2022
Digitron, thanks for posting that of Frank...

I commend him for this wonderful piece. He also have some great idea on how to do things.

So far, my rating goes thus,

Edeoga

Frank

Mbah
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2022
christejames:

It's only Golden Valley Hotel that's there, Ikenga Hotel is after barracks

Thank you bro.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2022
Guys is it true that there is a video of Okey Ezea campaigning for Tinubu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2022
signz:

I have not seen that
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Golden valley is that area, but Ikenga hotel is along Ogurugu road

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:44am On Dec 05, 2022
signz:

Probably a doctored video manufactured by the opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2022
Sorry guys.... My account was restricted when i was uploading Frank Nweke Manifesto. I will try and finish up the upload

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2022
His plans for technology and innovation

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2022
He plans to tackle water challenges in Enugu

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2022
What is happening in Enugu? Why can't Gburugburu call his counterpart in Ebonyi and ask him how he dealt with these terrorists enforcing Sit @ home?

What is the job description of the Forest guards armed with pump action?

Why this sudden upsurge of violence IN Enugu? Is violence the SE politicians weapon of choice to reduce massive turnout of voters in the East? I am beginning to think this violence is being backed by our elite.

The people behind this are few. Be it the sit@home enforcers, kidnappers and bandits, they are few. Why can't Gburugburu as the Chief Security Officer do something about this?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
signz:
What is happening in Enugu? Why can't Gburugburu call his counterpart in Ebonyi and ask him how he dealt with these terrorists enforcing Sit @ home?

Why this sudden upsurge of violence IN Enugu? Is violence the SE politicians weapon of choice to reduce massive turnout of voters in the East? I am beginning to think this violence is being backed by our elite.

The people behind this are few. Be it the sit@home enforcers, kidnappers and bandits, they are few. Why can't Gburugburu as the Chief Security Officer do something about this?

Gburugburu is no longer interested in governance. His priority is how to go to senate and install his business partner Peter Mbah as governor

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 12:27pm On Dec 13, 2022
signz:

It was actually a radio interview where he slipped and mentioned Tinubu's name but quickly corrected himself, and the opposition continued to latch on that as their point...

Well, he recently came out to clarify himself since the opposition could not let him be.

IDEKE ERRED ON RADIO, SO WHAT?
LET'S HEAR FROM GBURUGBURU

Except for the minions of political opponents in the PDP, nobody could accuse me Okey Ezea of lacking in intelligence or emotional stability. So when they circulated a 20-second video clip showing where I made a minor mistake on radio, I wondered what they sought to prove. Of course, they wanted to eclipse the important messages I was sending to Ndi Nsukka as well as the numerous messages of goodwill I received from callers during the one-hour-long programme.

As the senatorial candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 general election, I'll return to the radio to speak to our people again and again. There won't be another slip of the tongue next time for the PDP and Gburugburu's media attack dogs to feast on! All the same, they couldn't have succeeded in creating negative impressions about the Ideke you all know. Everyone makes a mistake, and, in my case on radio, I promptly corrected myself and joked about becoming another Tinubu. So what's the PDP up to? If I erred for 20 seconds, did I also err for the other 3,020 seconds?

My supporters have rightly ignored the PDP goons, having understood they have nothing but pains to offer our people. A slip of the tongue is an involuntary action beyond the control of any human being. It happens to all of us from time to time. Even the criminal justice system excuses involuntary actions. It's a defence in law.

Without sounding immodest, let me make it clear that Okey Ezea is by no means mediocre, no matter the yardstick used for measuring intellectual capacity. Anyone could make inquiries from my classmates such as Rt. Hon. Dennis Agbo of Labour Party, Dr Dan Shere, Prof Malachy Okwueze, Bishop Sosthenus Eze (the Anglican Bishop of Enugu North Diocese), Dr Joe Ugwu, Dr Iyke Ugbor, Chief Chukwumah Igwebuze Ugwoke, Dr Edwin Ugwu, Engr Dan Akogwu, Engr Austin Akogwu, Engr Aaron Ikeoha, Engr Louis Onyishi, Barr. Frank Agbedor, Chief Goddy Odenigbo, Chief Kevin Ezeja, Chief Bede Chukwu, Pastor Christian Obi ('IronGate', Super Eagles goalkeeper), Tochukwu Ezekwesili and many others of the Nsukka High School class of champions. I made aggregate 6 -- double distinction -- including in Mathematics in the WASC exams of 1980. I went ahead and made a 2-1 at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I also made a 2-1 at the Nigerian Law School, Lagos, before going back to the University of Lagos for my LL.M degree where I graduated as the best in our Master of Laws class. The ASUU strike has delayed completion of my PhD in Law.

May we know Gburugburu's classmates at STC Nsukka or UNN so they could give us his academic credentials? It would enable his attack dogs to compare his achievements with Ideke's and perhaps have any justification to question the latter's intellectual capacity.

So, Okey Ezea couldn't have been mentally incapacitated just because he said "APC" when he meant "Labour Party" on radio. The PDP apologists who worship mediocrity only want my supporters to believe that I am on the same pedestral as their idol, the senatorial candidate of the PDP. Far from it. We have since challenged them to make their candidate available for a live debate on radio and TV, but they've become mute. I will definitely go for more radio programmes in accordance with the schedule of our campaign team but not at the prompting of detractors.

OKEY EZEA (IDEKE)
Labour Party Candidate, Enugu North Senatorial District.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2022
Digitron:

Gburugburu is no longer interested in governance. His priority is how to go to senate and install his business partner Peter Mbah as governor

God have mercy on us and protect Ndi Enugu. May Gburugburu not happen to Enugu again.

May Ndi Nsukka against all odds retire him permanently.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
christejames:

It was actually a radio interview where he slipped and mentioned Tinubu's name but quickly corrected himself, and the opposition continued to latch on that as their point...

Well, he recently came out to clarify himself since the opposition could not let him be.

IDEKE ERRED ON RADIO, SO WHAT?
LET'S HEAR FROM GBURUGBURU

Except for the minions of political opponents in the PDP, nobody could accuse me Okey Ezea of lacking in intelligence or emotional stability. So when they circulated a 20-second video clip showing where I made a minor mistake on radio, I wondered what they sought to prove. Of course, they wanted to eclipse the important messages I was sending to Ndi Nsukka as well as the numerous messages of goodwill I received from callers during the one-hour-long programme.

As the senatorial candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 general election, I'll return to the radio to speak to our people again and again. There won't be another slip of the tongue next time for the PDP and Gburugburu's media attack dogs to feast on! All the same, they couldn't have succeeded in creating negative impressions about the Ideke you all know. Everyone makes a mistake, and, in my case on radio, I promptly corrected myself and joked about becoming another Tinubu. So what's the PDP up to? If I erred for 20 seconds, did I also err for the other 3,020 seconds?

My supporters have rightly ignored the PDP goons, having understood they have nothing but pains to offer our people. A slip of the tongue is an involuntary action beyond the control of any human being. It happens to all of us from time to time. Even the criminal justice system excuses involuntary actions. It's a defence in law.

Without sounding immodest, let me make it clear that Okey Ezea is by no means mediocre, no matter the yardstick used for measuring intellectual capacity. Anyone could make inquiries from my classmates such as Rt. Hon. Dennis Agbo of Labour Party, Dr Dan Shere, Prof Malachy Okwueze, Bishop Sosthenus Eze (the Anglican Bishop of Enugu North Diocese), Dr Joe Ugwu, Dr Iyke Ugbor, Chief Chukwumah Igwebuze Ugwoke, Dr Edwin Ugwu, Engr Dan Akogwu, Engr Austin Akogwu, Engr Aaron Ikeoha, Engr Louis Onyishi, Barr. Frank Agbedor, Chief Goddy Odenigbo, Chief Kevin Ezeja, Chief Bede Chukwu, Pastor Christian Obi ('IronGate', Super Eagles goalkeeper), Tochukwu Ezekwesili and many others of the Nsukka High School class of champions. I made aggregate 6 -- double distinction -- including in Mathematics in the WASC exams of 1980. I went ahead and made a 2-1 at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I also made a 2-1 at the Nigerian Law School, Lagos, before going back to the University of Lagos for my LL.M degree where I graduated as the best in our Master of Laws class. The ASUU strike has delayed completion of my PhD in Law.

May we know Gburugburu's classmates at STC Nsukka or UNN so they could give us his academic credentials? It would enable his attack dogs to compare his achievements with Ideke's and perhaps have any justification to question the latter's intellectual capacity.

So, Okey Ezea couldn't have been mentally incapacitated just because he said "APC" when he meant "Labour Party" on radio. The PDP apologists who worship mediocrity only want my supporters to believe that I am on the same pedestral as their idol, the senatorial candidate of the PDP. Far from it. We have since challenged them to make their candidate available for a live debate on radio and TV, but they've become mute. I will definitely go for more radio programmes in accordance with the schedule of our campaign team but not at the prompting of detractors.

OKEY EZEA (IDEKE)
Labour Party Candidate, Enugu North Senatorial District.

Assuming BVAS really works, biko can Ndi Nsukka retire gburugburu next year or is he popular?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
signz:

Assuming BVAS really works, biko can Ndi Nsukka retire gburugburu next year or is he popular?

As for me, I don't want him at the senate...

We need vibrant representative there like Barr. Ezea. Senate should not be made a retirement home for governors...

Gburugburu should toe the path of Sullivan who is enjoying his retirement from active politics.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
There is a massive factory coming up fast around Oji River as you go towards Awka along the express. Who knows what the they are building there?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:
There is a massive factory coming up fast around Oji River as you go towards Awka along the express. Who knows what the they are building there?

That's lovely!

That should be closer to 9th Mile
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 9:18am On Dec 17, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:
What are they into??

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:24am On Dec 20, 2022
Enugu2023: PDP comes 4th in Enugu online governorship poll, as Labour sustains lead

Signs that the people of Enugu State have totally rejected the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have continued to emerge, with the ruling party in the state placing a distant fourth position in an online poll seeking to determine who would become the Governor of the State in the 2023 elections.

The poll, the first of its kind conducted by Energy FM 105.5, sought to find out who the preferred candidate of the respondents was. After two weeks, the poll, which had respondents voting only once, saw the Labour Party Governorship candidate in the State, Barr Chijioke Edeoga massing 24.2 percent of the votes, while C. D. Ogbe, of the Action Alliance, came second, with 16.2 percent of the votes.

Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Uche Nnaji, was the third most preferred candidate, closing with 4.2 percent of the votes, while the ruling PDP’s candidate, Barr Peter Mbah, won the hearts of only 4.1 percent of votes to return as the 4th most preferred candidate, closely followed by, Frank Nweke Jr. of APGA, and Chris Agu, the candidates of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and the one of the Peoples Redemption Party (PRP).

Energy FM, which announced the results in a statement published Monday evening said: "After the collation of results by our in-house panel, Labour Party came tops with 24.2% of the votes, while Action Alliance came second with 16.2% of the votes; APC completed the third position with 4.2% of the total votes; other parties that scored 4th, 5th and 6th were PDP, APGA, and PRP respectively....with invalid votes making up 10% of the total online votes."

It is the third time polls are pointing toward LP's Edeoga as the candidate expected to win the governorship election in Enugu State in March 2023.
Until a new electoral law came into force early this year, Enugu had remained a one-party state, as the PDP had always had it easy winning all elections in the state. However, with the amendments to the Electoral Laws of the country, guaranteeing the integrity of voting, the people of the state appear willing to speak their minds at the polls, with poll after poll pointing to the desire of the people for a total departure from the past.

The emergence of Barr Chijjioke Edeoga as the Labour Party Gubernatorial candidate for Enugu State has since raised the bar in political campaign messaging in the state. Edeoga has sustained an engagement strategy that is endearing him to the people. A look at his campaign calendar indicates that he plans to visit all the wards in the state. If he completes this, he would be the first person seeking to be elected as governor to visit all council wards in the state for campaigns.

People the Edeoga phenomenon changed the narrative, it was traditional for people that emerged as PDP candidates for elections to begin to celebrate victory immediately after party nominations. But with the people increasingly demanding a new order, all the political parties in the state appear to be working hard to win the votes of the people.

Having superintended the affairs of the state since the return of democracy in 1999, with little to show for their stewardship, it is becoming increasingly hard for the PDP to find convincing anchor for their messages, a situation that is clearly manifesting in the outcome of the Energy FM poll, and other previous polls.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:46am On Dec 20, 2022
christejames:
Enugu2023: PDP comes 4th in Enugu online governorship poll, as Labour sustains lead

Signs that the people of Enugu State have totally rejected the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have continued to emerge, with the ruling party in the state placing a distant fourth position in an online poll seeking to determine who would become the Governor of the State in the 2023 elections.

The poll, the first of its kind conducted by Energy FM 105.5, sought to find out who the preferred candidate of the respondents was. After two weeks, the poll, which had respondents voting only once, saw the Labour Party Governorship candidate in the State, Barr Chijioke Edeoga massing 24.2 percent of the votes, while C. D. Ogbe, of the Action Alliance, came second, with 16.2 percent of the votes.

Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Uche Nnaji, was the third most preferred candidate, closing with 4.2 percent of the votes, while the ruling PDP’s candidate, Barr Peter Mbah, won the hearts of only 4.1 percent of votes to return as the 4th most preferred candidate, closely followed by, Frank Nweke Jr. of APGA, and Chris Agu, the candidates of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and the one of the Peoples Redemption Party (PRP).

Energy FM, which announced the results in a statement published Monday evening said: "After the collation of results by our in-house panel, Labour Party came tops with 24.2% of the votes, while Action Alliance came second with 16.2% of the votes; APC completed the third position with 4.2% of the total votes; other parties that scored 4th, 5th and 6th were PDP, APGA, and PRP respectively....with invalid votes making up 10% of the total online votes."

It is the third time polls are pointing toward LP's Edeoga as the candidate expected to win the governorship election in Enugu State in March 2023.
Until a new electoral law came into force early this year, Enugu had remained a one-party state, as the PDP had always had it easy winning all elections in the state. However, with the amendments to the Electoral Laws of the country, guaranteeing the integrity of voting, the people of the state appear willing to speak their minds at the polls, with poll after poll pointing to the desire of the people for a total departure from the past.

The emergence of Barr Chijjioke Edeoga as the Labour Party Gubernatorial candidate for Enugu State has since raised the bar in political campaign messaging in the state. Edeoga has sustained an engagement strategy that is endearing him to the people. A look at his campaign calendar indicates that he plans to visit all the wards in the state. If he completes this, he would be the first person seeking to be elected as governor to visit all council wards in the state for campaigns.

People the Edeoga phenomenon changed the narrative, it was traditional for people that emerged as PDP candidates for elections to begin to celebrate victory immediately after party nominations. But with the people increasingly demanding a new order, all the political parties in the state appear to be working hard to win the votes of the people.

Having superintended the affairs of the state since the return of democracy in 1999, with little to show for their stewardship, it is becoming increasingly hard for the PDP to find convincing anchor for their messages, a situation that is clearly manifesting in the outcome of the Energy FM poll, and other previous polls.

Guy, leave all these polls.

Peter Mbah will win this election. I have seen it.

Edeoga does not have the financial strength to match him.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by stanluiz(m): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2022
signz:

Enugu is under Auto pilot.

Look at the killing in Eha amufu. This has been happening for past 7 years yet Ugwuanyi can't find a solution to the problem.

Ugwuanyi don't know anything about Governance. That's the truth.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by stanluiz(m): 7:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
signz:

Nsukka people that are very nepotistic!!

They will Vote for the failure of a governor to the Senate.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2022
stanluiz:
Nsukka people that are very nepotistic!!

They will Vote for the failure of a governor to the Senate.

What sort of foolish statement did you just spew?

Be careful with your words

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Onitsha has overtaken Enugu and Aba in urban development, infrastructures, economy, etc. Ugwuanyi failed woefully in his 8yrs administration, while the likes of Obiano and Umahi were doing mega projects, Ugwuanyi was eating onugbu. We complained but it fell on deaf ears

Ogbuefi2020:

Aba has over taken Onitsha by far in terms of inner City roads. We told Obiano to consider urban roads a priority but it fell on deaf ears

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
signz:

God have mercy on us and protect Ndi Enugu. May Gburugburu not happen to Enugu again.

May Ndi Nsukka against all odds retire him permanently.

Ugwuanyi failed woefully as a governor, we complained about this earlier but most nsukka people because of their timidity supported this fat incompetent clown. Today, even Aba has better roads than enugu. GDP of enugu is the lowest in southern Nigeria. Poverty rate in enugu is equally high. Enugu is more or less a failed state. We Must try and select the best in the forth coming election.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

Onitsha overtook Enugu, Aba and all the SE cities long ago

Basilo101 the envious bitter nwa nsukka, you are totally right. Onitsha is like the Lagos of the eastern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
COURT OF APPEAL AFFIRMS EDEOGA AS THE AUTHENTIC LABOUR PARTY CANDIDATE FOR THE ENUGU STATE GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS

The Court of Appeal, sitting in Abuja, today Friday, 6th January 2023, set aside the judgment of Justice Evelyn Maha of the Federal High Court, Abuja and reinstated Hon Chijioke Edeoga as the gubernatorial candidate of the Labour Party in the Enugu governorship race.

Edeoga's nomination was set aside by the High Court upon a suit by Everest Nnaji claiming that he was excluded from the primary election.

In it's judgment today, the Court of Appeal restored Edeoga as the authentic candidate of the Labour Party for the Enugu governorship race. The Court of Appeal lambasted Justice Maha of the Federal High Court for going on a voyage of discovery. The court wondered how Justice Maha could have arrived at such a strange decision given the fact that the Supreme Court had passed several judgments on the issue of who is an aspirant entitled to bring an action. The court wondered why the lower court entertained Everest Nnaji's suit at all, since it was obvious that he lacked the locus standi to even bring the action and deemed the action of the judge as an unwarranted interfere in the internal affairs of the Labour Party.

The Court of Appeal then ruled that even the respondent's brief filed before it by Everest Nnaji's lawyer was incompetent having been filed out of time.
The Court of Appeal adopted the four issues formulated by Barrister Alexander Obodo SAN, counsel to the Labour Party. On the first issue, the court agreed with the submission of Alex Obodo SAN, that since Everest Nnaji did not participate in the primary election, he lacked the locus standi to challenge the outcome and that the lower court should have dismissed his suit.

Having held that Everest Nnaji lacked the standing to even bring the suit thereby robbing the court of jurisdiction, the Court of Appeal held that there was no need to waste their time in consideration of the other issues.
The Court therfore allowed the appeal, set aside the judgment of Justice Maha and affirmed Hon Chijioke Edeoga as the authentic candidate of the Labour Party for the Enugu State gubernatorial election

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SGANIVA(m): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
enugu need new party , PDP need to loose .no any new project ,no capital investment from the government ,the same old enugu , people should vote labour party both presidency and governorship

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (706) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.