Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Grammatical Errors In Nollywood - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammatical Errors In Nollywood (14807 Views)

Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies / Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by anonimi: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
KINGwax: and i guess u haven't been seeing much of the chinese, japanese or russian movie subtitles.

So what exactly is your point? Should we benchmark ourselves with the bad performers or what
Maybe we should also not bother our leaders since according to OBJ we should thank God we are better than DR Congo shocked
I wonder which parent will bring up her child in that manner

The editors are not only lazy,they are GREEDY.
What stops them from employing Yoruba graduates/lectures to do the subtitles
The improved films will create bigger market to other non-Yoruba people such that they recoup their extra payment to the professional translators and still have BIGGER profit. That is how smart people think- look at the BIG picture.
Those Mexican soaps that used to dominate our TVs in those days were properly interpreted into English. How about using that as our benchmark, something to strive for

4 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by ismhab(m): 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
My fellow widows
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2012
anonimi:

So what exactly is your point? Should we benchmark ourselves with the bad performers or what
Maybe we should also not bother our leaders since according to OBJ we should thank God we are better than DR Congo shocked

The improved films will create bigger market to other non-Yoruba people such that they recoup their extra payment to the professional translators and still have BIGGER profit. That is how smart people think- look at the BIG picture.
Those Mexican soaps that used to dominate our TVs in those days were properly interpreted into English. How about using that as our benchmark, something to strive for

My brother na so these myopic , tribal apes dey think o!!!
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by mu2sa2: 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
I can fill this space with the errors i hear all the time but i dont have to because the language is immaterial if the meaning is plain.
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by SisiKill1: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Yoru-wood grin grin grin grin

Mr.chippychappy:

You now "SHEET" on me .... LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD HAVE MERCY !!!

Mr.chippychappy:
[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L05PTExZV09PR0lULmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

DUDE'S FACE WAS LIKE WTF !

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!! Hi half nefa sin henitin like this bfour!! Wot is dey tying to do to hus?

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by aderemi457(m): 9:58pm On Jul 01, 2012
''.....anything you do or say will be used against you in the law of court..''
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by onatisi(m): 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2012
ismhab: My fellow widows

what!this is really funny or should i say amusing.pls my guy in which film was the above statement made.
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by mrslecturer: 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Yoru-wood grin grin grin grin

choi, choi, choi choi...lwkmd
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by norrisman: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by Chongaiman: 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
onatisi:

what!this is really funny or should i say amusing.pls my guy in which film was the above statement made.

Not in a home video actually. Attributed to one patient dame whose husband is alive and is legendary for his good luck.
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by ceospecial(m): 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L05PTExZV09PR0lULmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

DUDE'S FACE WAS LIKE WTF !
dat 1 na missile oh! Na boko write d flim?
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by Coefficient(m): 12:10am On Jul 02, 2012
The second one na bonus grin cheesy grin

Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by onatisi(m): 12:16am On Jul 02, 2012
i think the poster must have endured this catastrophe for so long that he couldnt take it any longer one way i think we can help is by showing the producers their mistakes and making this topic a constructive criticism forum.i think when they start reading how ppl are making jest of them they will change
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by fagamite: 12:37am On Jul 02, 2012
Super1759:
Hahahahahahhaaaha..but this thing is embarasing naa

Hows that embarrassing? English isnt our first language so who gives?
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:16am On Jul 02, 2012
fagamite:

Hows that embarrassing? English isnt our first language so who gives?

My friend English is our OFFICIAL language .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by codeworks(m): 6:12am On Jul 02, 2012
frequently in yourba movies
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by saalma(f): 6:59am On Jul 02, 2012
I have freezed your account! Freezed it is! - amaechi muonagor
I feeded u with these my breasts! Can't remember who ryt now
Congenital was conginental to ramsey noah. grin
And the list goes on and on and on
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by tunnytox(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2012
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin laff wan tear my belle grin grin grin
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by oubi: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2012
That is why I don't watch.all these road side films....they end up demolishing my mood. I.wuld prefair movies like phone swap,white waters,cindy,s note and d likes of em.
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by fuke(m): 8:07am On Jul 02, 2012
anonimi:

I am on all fours with you. They are very lazy and greedy. To think there are unemployed graduates of English and Youruba.
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by jpcomrade: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2012
why emphasy on yoruba movies, what about inceasant grammatical suicide on nairaland by most nairalanders, deal with the lug in your eye before talking about pebble in somebody else's eye.

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:57am On Jul 02, 2012
jpcomrade: why emphasy on yoruba movies, what about inceasant grammatical suicide on nairaland by most nairalanders, deal with the lug in your eye before talking about pebble in somebody else's eye.

It is as clear as crystal why you feel the way you do! My sympathies!
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:40am On Jul 02, 2012
For those who feel English is not necessary, please what do you communicate in 80% of the time, How did you get past University and how did you pass your Job Interview. grin grin grin unless you work Full-time with Babalawo Ventures, I suggest you learn because it is Nigeria's OFFICIAL language. Nollywood has been blamed a lot for the dumbing-down of our youths due to the Poor Grammar, Poor Reasoning and Poor Culture Values it brings to the audience. Stop making excuses for it and criticize it, suggesting ways to improve the industry. At a point a lot of our actors had to go back to school grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by stepo707: 10:05am On Jul 02, 2012
very funny thread.I must say the wrong subtitling in yoruba movies makes it more humorous.I enjoy i better that way. tongue
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by yuncka: 10:36am On Jul 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2012
The movie editors for yoruba movies can do better than this . Its shameful and shows just how unprofessional the yoruba movie industry is .
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by Clerverly: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
Two people just double crossed me with their Jeep and i came out. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by gator666: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
What annoys me a lot more than simple grammatical errors is subtitles in Yoruba movies. Incomplete, with names in all capitals etc.
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
I must to marry chidimma and there is nothing you can does to stop it
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by Super1759: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2012
Clerverly: Two people just double crossed me with their Jeep and i came out. grin grin grin
Hahahahaahahahahah....oohh boy.I was thinking am the only one noticing all this ooo.abeg if you know any producer or any member of nollywood.call their attention 2 this.this bomb is too much,
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by ayeakamara(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2012
@everyone, do you mind correcting any grammatical error you states? Because am a learner and i am not ashame to learn. For example the above statement "my fellow widows" seems correct to me, i never knew its incorrect until someone here stated it. Do you mind correction the above statement?
Re: Grammatical Errors In Nollywood by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2012
Even with AWO's free Education lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saheed Balogun: If I Wasn't Married I Would Have 600 Girlfriends / What Movie(s) Do You Never Get Tired Of Watching / Nollywood Film, ; Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.