Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,171 members, 7,856,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

How Will The PIB Affect Current And Prospective Workers of IOCs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Will The PIB Affect Current And Prospective Workers of IOCs (721 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / ACCA Current And Prospective Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Will The PIB Affect Current And Prospective Workers of IOCs by Saifullah01: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
There is much said about the the petroleum industry bill PIB and international oil companies IOCs. I am not here to discuss the economics or politics of the bill, but the "labournomics" I.e how it will affect current and prospective employees in the oil and gas industry.

I am currently weighing a PhD scholarship versus a job at Total downstream.(I was more inclined to take the job as a phd in India isn't that tantalising) but with the recent PIB news I am discussion find out what the industry will look like in the long run. So here is what I want us (oil and gas workers and industry experts) to discuss:

1. What does the bill mean to the iOCs (+/-?)

2. How will it affect their revenues/turnover (or whatever they call it)

3. Would it require the IOCs to invest more or simply divest and change strategy of engagement

4. If 1 to 3 above will be for the worse how would it affect employees working for the IOCs

5. Normally when companies downsize it's like Last in First out, will my moving into oil and gas now, given the PIB as is, be a good move?

6. Finally what's the future of downstream operations for IOCs in Nigeria, Total seems to be very strong there, but will it be able to keep it's head above the oil given this new development?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I wouldn't mind front page for a thorough discussion

(1) (Reply)

Training Program Coming Up Soon In Asaba / Commandments For A Successful Interview / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.