Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,950 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards (9920 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Who Is Better Between M.i And Sarkodie / Wizkid Doing Us Proud At BET (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by adonisyung(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2012
I don't know when we nigerians will big up,,lil wayne ƻ from new orleans,eminem ƻ from 8 mile,drake miami.....yet I have never heard dem quarelling about where D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are from!but in nigeria an huasa wil neva support ibo,yoruba on d oda hand ƻ hating ...dats y naija can neva ß unified.....why are we S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡​ shallow minded?.....wish I aint from dis bitter minded country
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by adonisyung(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2012
I don't know when we nigerians will big up,,lil wayne ƻ from new orleans,eminem ƻ from 8 mile,drake miami.....yet I have never heard dem quarelling about where D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are from!but in nigeria an huasa wil neva support ibo,yoruba on d oda hand ƻ hating ...dats y naija can neva ß unified.....why are we S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡​ shallow minded?.....wish I aint from dis bitter minded country
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by azimibraun: 7:35am On Jul 02, 2012
Na everythin una dey tk quarrel for dis nairaground? Congrats 2 dos guys. Bt deep inside me i knw say malians, senegalese and lately kenyans dey do quality music pass naija cut and join bt.our own na our own anyhw wey e bad reach.
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by gidson12(m): 7:38am On Jul 02, 2012
lol them carry them go backstage near the toilet quickly handed them the award and told them to leave the venue immediately, lol not even a single pic to show they even attended the show......chai, Hahaha, africa my africa......and btw who is sarkodie?
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by Odinaka00(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2012
But †ђξ bet award ȋ̝̊̅§ yet τ̲̅ȍ hold on 3rd of july, so howcome?
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 02, 2012
Why do we go to America to receive award when Africa has 3 times the population of USA. If money is an aim in life, you do not need a BET award to make it, just conquer Africa and you are richer than American Artists. Besides, getting a backstage award is an insult to an African Superstar even if they dont admit it. It means they are inferior and shouldnt been seen on stage ? Damn it.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by 2makeit(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2012
Congrats Wheezy.
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by ochallo: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
I dont know why Nigerians are so backward in their thinking, it takes you to come out of that Jungle and see the other side of life to know that things are not what they seem, the international act award was one category, later it was broken into africa and other parts of the world, because they realised that african artists would never win if they were competing with blacks like sade adu etc from the uk.

Now they want them to give them on stage and they should "perform" { which means they should dance to the song while shouting "come on", " lets go" etc}, this illiterates dont know that all award shows have pre award shows where a larger percentage of the awards are given , so that it doesnt end up being a 5 hours show from hell like the AMAAs, soundcity and all the dead bit award shows to ever originate from Nigeria.

Looking at general comments on Nairaland, i defintely see that Nigerians need a total brain overhauling.
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by deeplow: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2012
ochallo: I dont know why Nigerians are so backward in their thinking, it takes you to come out of that Jungle and see the other side of life to know that things are not what they seem, the international act award was one category, later it was broken into africa and other parts of the world, because they realised that african artists would never win if they were competing with blacks like sade adu etc from the uk.

Now they want them to give them on stage and they should "perform" { which means they should dance to the song while shouting "come on", " lets go" etc}, this illiterates dont know that all award shows have pre award shows where a larger percentage of the awards are given , so that it doesnt end up being a 5 hours show from hell like the AMAAs, soundcity and all the dead bit award shows to ever originate from Nigeria.

Looking at general comments on Nairaland, i defintely see that Nigerians need a total brain overhauling.
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by deeplow: 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2012

Looking at general comments on Nairaland, i defintely see that Nigerians need a total brain overhauling.[/quote]

I guess deep within you,u will be smiling like you have made a sensible comment.the fact still remains that they are disrespecting Africans and it has nothing to do with the number of hours the award runs.if they could have to present awards like viewers choice or something,a category which had kids in it,why was it too hard for them to spare Africans just 5mins.BET awards is not one which has many categories to fill.even if it did,why didn't they give Jay z and Kanye the award for video of the year backstage.stop coming in here ranting like you know everything.
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by gidson12(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
^^ dnt mind that fool
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by 9jafreak: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
AFRICANS

SELLING

THEMSELVES

CHEAP

AGAIN!

www.BACKSTAGE AWARDS.COM
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by 9jafreak: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
If African Americans can treat their own brothers this way, you have to wonder whether the White Man is right about the negro Mind after all
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by TheMatrix3: 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
gidson12: lol them carry them go backstage near the toilet quickly handed them the award and told them to leave the venue immediately, lol not even a single pic to show they even attended the show......chai, Hahaha, africa my africa......and btw who is sarkodie?

Sardokie is a preedy good Ghanaian rapper. You can download one of the songs he did with our very own Chidinma "Obimo Remix". The guy did a nice job
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by Ladytemi(f): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
The award is not televised, and as much as I love bet they need to stop this tie nonsense last year it was tuface/dbanj this year sarkodie/wizkid. Advancement is a slow process but at least our music and artists are slowing gaining international recognition.
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by stupor(m): 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dear Nairaland Management,

I Want you all to understand that the moment you start hiding peolple's heartfelt messages,you have started declining us of freedom of expression as obtained and accepted in the ethics of internet freedom of self opinion and expression.

If like one of the posters had said about
The BET Awards on how Whizkid and Sarkodie are being awarded back stage,does it not say in magnitude that people's opinion are also being sidelined off stage too ?

It is self expression and if you cannot arrest someone via the internet,so what is so scary or secret that someone has said or posted that the whole world hasn't heard or seen before that has made you ''Nairaland to hide people's opinion.

And secondly ,we have better stories and congent articles that are sizzling hot to resist,but you have decided to give only few people that priviliedge to air their own views

Shey na only una sabi share news and articles.

Pls make it a liberally free forum and stop limiting other peoples contributions because without them,I don't think you'll all be here.

Just saying my own mind,if you like hide my posts and stop me also from contributing my fresh and new articles,na God go eventually judge you.
Holla !!!
Re: Wizkid And Sarkodie Win At BET Awards by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
Congrats Wizkid

(1) (2) (Reply)

[video] Tekno Ft OG Flimzy & Selebobo - "Anyhow" / Davido - One Of A Kind [VIDEO DOWNLOAD] / Dj Baddo – Best Of Mr Eazi VS Tekno Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.