Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo (16283 Views)

Come And Join Me 'tuwo Miyan Kuka' / Is Swallow (eba, Tuwo, Amala) A Compulsory Meal For Nigerians / Have U Tasted TUWO With Ewedu Nd Gbegiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by camille(f): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2007
hi guys.pls i would appreciate if someone could help with tuwo shinkafa and tuwo masara recipe{how do i make them pls}.thanks guys.
Re: Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by omoge25(f): 6:57am On Dec 01, 2007
oooh i hope someone post o, me sef i want to know how to make it.
Re: Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by omoge(f): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2007
Tuwon Masara got two easy ways to make it.

2 ways to make Tuwo as in Tuwo masara or Semo.

-- Pour a small amount of water into your clean pot and put on fire

-- Pour some Tuwo powder in a bowl and add either cold or lukewarm water to it and stir till smooth (not too watery or thick).

-- Pour this into your boiling water and stir with your wooden (spatula)? the turning wood you use to turn eba smiley

-- If too soft, add some more powder and turn till hardened.

It is cooked/ready when it is hard.

Another method using measuring cup:

-Pour 2 cups of water in a pot
-Add 1 cup of semo or tuwo powder and stir with your wooden eba turner till smooth
-Place on a medium heat stove and keep turning it (As it cooks, it becomes harden. . . if not harden to how you want it, add more tuwo powder).

your tuwo is ready when it is hardened (not like stone o)

Enjoy.
Re: Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by omoge(f): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2007
tuwo shinkafa

-Chinese Rice (that's what i use) or there is one call white rice
-Water.

Cook the rice (no salt) like you normally boil rice till very done and soft.
Once done, turn it with your wooden eba turner till smooth.

you are ready.
Re: Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by omoge25(f): 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2007
Omoge is there anything you dont know? Girl you are amazing thanks for posting after exams I will try your method.
Re: Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by amebo22: 8:55am On Mar 06, 2009
omoge:

-- Pour some Tuwo powder in a bowl and add either cold or lukewarm water to it and stir till smooth (not too watery or thick).

-- Pour this into your boiling water and stir with your wooden (spatula)? the turning wood you use to turn eba smiley

-Add 1 cup of semo or tuwo powder and stir with your wooden eba turner till smooth
-Place on a medium heat stove and keep turning it (As it cooks, it becomes harden. . . if not harden to how you want it, add more tuwo powder).

Enjoy.

Hi, just to add, after the tuwo has hardened dont you need to add water and let it cook for some minutes else you would be eating raw corn., then you now do the final stirring and serve, just thot i chip in i guess we all have different methods.
Re: Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by VENUSS(f): 10:35pm On Mar 06, 2009
omoge:

Enjoy.

to make tuwo
bring water to boil, make a separate paste,pour into boiling water cover pot anl leave to
cook for about 10 minutes, before adding more flour of wateva u are using stir until you have a hard consitence, cover for about two mins to cook well , then readk to serve.

for tuwon rice
boil your washed rice without salt, till very soft
stir well til you have a fine result,
if its not thick the way u like it, then add some dry flour to thicken up.

best served with groundnut soup or beans soup.
Re: Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by Abuloma80(f): 9:28pm On Mar 14, 2009
EAT IT FIRST, KNOW HOW & WHAT IT TASTES, THEN HOW TO COOK IT WILL BE EASIER UNDERSTOOD. HAVE U EATEN IT B4? LET ME KNOW, THEN I SEND U D RECIPE STEP BY STEP. CHEEEERS
Re: Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by CrazyMan(m): 8:54am On Mar 15, 2009
I must try it.
Re: Would Love To Know How To Make Tuwo by ffrreeee(f): 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
How do I prepare the tuwo powder pls

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Meatpie Dough Crusty / Many Nigerians Can No Longer Afford Beer / What Do You Eat With Yam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.