Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,961 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? (4272 Views)

How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! / Must We Shout When We Pray? / Can We Pray Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by imatalk(m): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
kilokeys:
i feel d same.. We ought to yearn for spiritual things and gifts.. And pray abt things we do nt hv power over like natural disasters and d likes
As for me i dont get anxious about anything.
Therefore i pray for everthing that just as i am instructed within my heart,
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by claremont(m): 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
One of the main problems of Nigeria is that we pray too much, I would argue that there is a strong correlation between our lack of development and the volume of prayer we pray. If we all stopped praying, and invested the time in useful ventures, I believe we should make more progress.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by manmustwac(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
Can anybody name a country that has progressed on prayers alone?Prayer is part of the reason why nigeria will never progress.

1 Like

Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by FXKing2012(m): 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
Watz it wt all these pathetic atheists-wanna-bes coming here to spit trash, if u dont believe in God or in prayers then just keep off.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by kilokeys(m): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
Eltonluigi: I'm the type to say a prayer, then go get what I just prayed for.
Thats d koko.. Same here
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by kilokeys(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: No

Some things,Some situations need actions and not prayer.

Vivid Example Nigeria Situation Need action and not prayer

If you think its prayer we need then

We have the right to challenge God why he abandoned our prayers because Nigerians pray a lot.

both muslim and christian
God fit don put our numerous pointless prayers for voicemail. Lol
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by kilokeys(m): 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Eltonluigi: Prayer is just an over-hyped WISH, time to open your eyes and realise there is no Sky-daddy up there listening. You better wake up, get out, and get something. Why kneel down and pray when the whole world is running??
a fool says in his heart, ' there is no God'..
I wld rather gamble d chances that a God exists and die without hving an afterlife.. Than think he doesnt exist and wake up in Hell.. Be wise
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Exponental(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
To every prayer, we need to counter balance with curses, prayers like
"God pls judge ALL who selfishly serve this nation at d expense of d nation's wealth n neva consider their fellow human beings n enrich themselves with our wealth."
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Image123(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
manmustwac: Can anybody name a country that has progressed on prayers alone?Prayer is part of the reason why nigeria will never progress.
God didn't ask us to progress on prayers alone, the Word of God is complete and commands us to take responsibility.
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
That's part of the teachings of the Christian and Arab masters.
"Pray, my son, that while you pray do not think, do not study and do not progress."

"Everything bad that happens to you is because of Satan"
Re: Should We Pray Abt Everything? Electricity? Weather? And So On? by thorpido(m): 8:36am On Jul 04, 2012
Mr or Miss Atheist.The Bible teaches faith with works.Pray yes and then take action.Men ought to pray and not to faint.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why You Can't Argue With A Christian / Does The Soul Differs From The Mind? / Why Yahoo Boys Are Better Than Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.