Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,879 members, 7,838,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

We Have Many Unpatriotic Nigerians – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Many Unpatriotic Nigerians – Jonathan (468 Views)

PDP Has Created Many Wealthy Nigerians- Jonathan / I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan / Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Have Many Unpatriotic Nigerians – Jonathan by hakanai(m): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2012
We have many unpatriotic Nigerians – Jonathan
By Tony Akowe 4 hours 7 minutes ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
President Jonathan President Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan said in Kaduna on Monday that there were many unpatriotic Nigerians holding high offices in the country.

The President, who spoke while commissioning bullet proof vests for use by the nation's armed forces and other paramilitary agencies also said the nation will henceforth begin to look inward for the supply of its military wares.

He said that only items that cannot be produced locally will now be sourced outside the country, adding that local content does not mean what is produced by Nigerians, but what is produced in Nigeria.

President Jonathan said, "We have a number of Nigerians that are unpatriotic, even people holding high offices.

"I must be convince beyond reasonable doubts that DICON cannot produce before any Federal Government agency will be allowed to buy something that is not produce here".

"The management of DICON deserves commendation for their foresight and the work they have done. The venture is a joint agreement with DICON and MAROM Nigeria Limited.

"DICON has been making strenuous efforts to partner with willing local and foreign companies towards the enhancement of its capabilities and diversification of its product range.

"Today’s event also signal that our nation’s military establishment effectively key into our administration’s local content policy which is aimed at building indigenous capacity in the petroleum and other capacity to enhance our national economy.

"DICON initiatives and the equally commendable efforts of the Nigerian Navy who singly design and constructed civil defence boat which I commissioned about a month ago, is the beginning of the end of our total reliance on foreign supplies for our national security needs.

“I have been informed that today, I will also commission armoured personal carrier built by the Nigerian army engineering corps.

"During the Nigerian Air force Day, I was quiet pleased by the achievements of the Nigerian Air force for the modifications they did on aircrafts that couldn’t have been possible without their ingenuity and I believe they will even go further than that. If people fail to buy what DICON is producing, it is the sign of being unpatriotic. I think it is beyond being unpatriotic.”
Re: We Have Many Unpatriotic Nigerians – Jonathan by hakanai(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
This government dey try .A perfect blend of boko-haram,corrupt and UN-patrotic people in government. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

2000 ACN Members Defect To PDP In Lagos / Orji Promises Enabling Environment For Business / A Sad Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.