Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,916 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? (20088 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Havilah93(m): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
jamace: Hope you are not living in one isolated building, with unkempt surrounding? undecided
that does not stop them from infilterating, they are EVERYWHERE
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by redsun(m): 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
Honestly,i was talking to an english lady about those lizards this evening,how i missed them running around the house,even though they are suppose to be wild. When she asked me their names in english,i couldnt tell her because we just use to call them lizards. Though, we have native names for them,but i wouldnt make sense to her.

The male ones are bigger and red headed,while the female are smaller and greyish all round. That was as far as i could describe them to her. Can somebody please name the species in english?
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by bright007(f): 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
This poster must be resident in an uncompleted building or in å hut near d farm
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
Heat. They love the sun.
If you see a lizard chilling on a stone under a hot sun, it is tantamount to you chilling in a swimming pool.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by jamil2(m): 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nothing a person can't see on NL
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by executinal(m): 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
LizyL: Ever since i moved here last year, i noticed the amount of lizards all over the place. Why are there so many?
Ask Mr and Mrs Lizards. grin grin
Physicist: Your name is LizyL. Your name is Lizard? LOL.
grin grin grin grin
ismhab: BECAUSE NIGERIA IS HOME OF LIZARDS.
really. grin grin
mrkels: Wtf front page? Seun don dey drink too much alomo bittaz n smoke too much ganja grin grin
@op ask the lizards jor, who even dey notice that sh*t these days?
seun go ban you ooh grin grin grin
I can't stop laughing funny trade with funny responds. Even op is confuse with the responds he / she is receiving. grin grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by jmaine: 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
redsun: Honestly,i was talking to an english lady about those lizards this evening,how i missed them running around the house,even though they are suppose to be wild. When she asked me their names in english,i couldnt tell her because we just use to call them lizards. Though, we have native names for them,but i wouldnt make sense to her.

The male ones are bigger and red headed,while the female are smaller and greyish all round. That was as far as i could describe them to her. Can somebody please name the species in english?

Guess your talking about the Agama lizard, scientifically called == Agama agama

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by executinal(m): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
redsun: Honestly,i was talking to an english lady about those lizards this evening,how i missed them running around the house,even though they are suppose to be wild. When she asked me their names in english,i couldnt tell her because we just use to call them lizards. Though, we have native names for them,but i wouldnt make sense to her.

@ Bolded is called the AGAMA LIZARD, for the female, i can't remember for now
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by wirelex: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nairaland again. i cant remember the last time i saw a lizard anyway. I leave in festac and abuja not because they are not in these locations but just havnt noticed them. But this dude should look for something better to talk about.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by pendo89(f): 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
Like seriously? Do you know how important lizards are in a house?

They will eat all insects,mosquitoes and you don't need to worry.

I like seeing a lizard chase up an insect.

Celebrate the Lizard dont complain.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Whitehorse: 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
This OP funny o. Its like asking why are there so many dead and living rabbits all over scotland
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by reemix123(m): 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
LizyL: Ever since i moved here last year, i noticed the amount of lizards all over the place. Why are there so many?

Lizards like men come in various types and sizes..red heads, brown, albino big small. What size and colour do you prefer ? So that we can place a Lizard here for your satisfaction
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nightshift(m): 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
Some mathematics: how many mosquitoes live in Lagos? 1 Billion? Perhaps more?
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by abujub(m): 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
bright007: This poster must be resident in an uncompleted building or in å hut near d farm
they are found everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by redsun(m): 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
2buff: Heat. They love the sun.
If you see a lizard chilling on a stone under a hot sun, it is tantamount to you chilling in a swimming pool.

They are magnifient creatures. Nigerians take those natural creatures and habitats around them for granted. But understanding them will free them from the bondage of jesus,mohammad and abject miseries.

Oyinbo will always wirh they have natural habitats like africa,but they cant,theirs have gone with man,s quest to colonize nature.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Josephnice: 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
There's so many lizards cus we don't feed on them as our chinese bro does
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
I wonder too. Anyway i did my part in reducing their population when i was a kid, must've killed like a thousand.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by dasparrow: 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
The responses are just too funny.

@Post

Go and ask the lizards please. People are thinking of how to get rid of boko haram or get a job to fend for their families and you are here worrying about lizards. Mtshew!

Whitehorse: This OP funny o. Its like asking why are there so many dead and living rabbits all over scotland

Exactly, well said! and I just learnt something new from your post. So there are so many dead and living rabbits all over scotland? wow! shocked The scottish should export some of the rabbits to america. Quite a few americans keeps rabbits as household pets.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Tyche(m): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
1. Perhaps you are living in a sparsely populated area surrounded with bushes.
2. HEAT: Like some1 said, they love it.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by MrCork17: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
its there new holiday destination.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by MrCork17: 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grindo people keep them as pets?
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by bluejeff(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
pendo89:
I like seeing a lizard chase up an insect.
Not as interesting as a male chasing a female, eventually catches her after so much resistance, and then mounts her. Usually gives me an ere.ction.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by http(m): 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
Cos we don't eat them, ask the Chinese?
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Ninilowo(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
If u stay in a mud house in one kain remote village then u are in their domain. learn to keep up with them. Best of luck.
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by economia: 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
because a zoologist is the president.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by shadrach77: 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
Lizards thrive in tropical weather which exists in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by symbian03(m): 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
bluejeff: Not as interesting as a male chasing a female, eventually catches her after so much resistance, and then mounts her. Usually gives me an ere.ction.

hahahahaha crazy!!
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by symbian03(m): 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
I purposely made a catapult about 15 years ago. As a kid then, i had pleasure killing them lol
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by blaazoon22(m): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
Well LIZYL, coming frm a scientific angle , Lizards r COLD-blooded animals;dts d reason wen it rains u_ don't see dem outside except for sunny weather. I may not knw whr u_lived outside naija bt I guess d temperature their is pretty lower than ours n dt_doesnt favour lizards (they r actually there in dt_country bt d cold makes _u not to see them since they wld be hiding in warmth)just_ hope dis clears u_ well!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2012

What a coincidence, LizyL ask about Lizards cheesy
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by alexola20(m): 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
Re: Why Are There So Many Lizards In Nigeria? by Coefficient(m): 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
I keep loving NL everyday. Funny thread filled with funny responses. Even the OP's name is something else. LMAO! NL helps relieve the tension. Am loving it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed / Truck Owners In Apapa Tincan Road Adopt Palliative Measures As Road Worsen / Lt. Sowoye: co-Pilot Of Crashed Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.