Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

NYSC Directs Corps Members To Resume In Troubled States - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Directs Corps Members To Resume In Troubled States (709 Views)

FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States / No Redeployment For Corpers Currently Serving In Troubled States Says DG NYSC / NYSC Redeploys Corps Members From Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Directs Corps Members To Resume In Troubled States by Ptimes: 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on Monday directed 2012 Batch ‘B’ youth corps members to immediately proceed to their orientation camps, including those in violence besieged states, claiming that adequate arrangements have been made for their safety.

A statement signed by the Director (Corps Mobilisation), Mary Kolajo, and pasted at the NYSC Headquarters in Abuja, urged whosoever wanted a re-posting to do so while in camp. It stated that the cases would expeditiously be treated by state coordinators.

The NYSC headquarters was besieged by at least 400 of the new corps members on Monday, who were there to complain of their postings.

Femi Adegbite, a youth corps member posted to Maiduguri, said he might not go as he is unsure of his safety.

“Last year, many youth corps members were killed in these troubled states including Borno and nothing happened. How do you expect me to go to Maiduguri?’’ he said.

Another corps member, Ireti Labati, posted to Yobe, said she would not go if her posting was not changed...Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/5862-nysc_directs_corps_members_to_resume_in_troubled_states.html
Re: NYSC Directs Corps Members To Resume In Troubled States by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
This is bad...i thought the house of rep have rule against that from a report i saw just now on nairaland i cant really figure the link out now

(1) (Reply)

Oau Students For Service In Nov. / 2011 Post Election Violence: NYSC Presents N26.7m To Families Of Corps Members / Nysc Batch-c ABUJA Stream II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.