Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL (6592 Views)

Requiring / Requiring / Can I Get Direct Entry To 200 Level In Any American University With My ND CERT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by Wilfem(m): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2007
Pls does anyone knows of any American institution, preferably universities, that doesn't require TOEFL for admission. Anyone that knows or has an idea should pls kindly let me know the name or the website of the institution. Thanks.
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by uspry1(f): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2007
What is TOEFL?

Google it to find depend on what kind of study you plan to purse for your choice of one American college or university in the US via their ONLINE COLLEGE APPLICATION SUBMISSION with their required international fee that you must pay for. (varied the deadline date of submission, check on US college/university for more information) You are an international student applying for college application.

There are many different majors/college courses to choose. There are more than 10,000 US colleges/universities around the 50 states of the US.

Once your US college/university application has been approved, they will send you a letter of college/university enrollment as a proof of your credible supporting document for your American Embassy to apply for the student visa application at least 2-3 months advance prior to your class start.

Good luck!!!
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by Wilfem(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2007
Thanks, uspry1 for your response, I'm indeed glad. I intends to study Graphic design, (Master Degree) or any Fine Art related courses. I've applied to some universities over there, but the problem is this TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) that I've not yet written.
One other problem is that I don't know how to Google it as you advised me. Please I wouldn't mind and would gladly appreciate it if you could help me find or search one. Thanks once again.
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by uspry1(f): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2007
All college/university in the US are required for all students both US and foreign to take English/Math placement exam or TOEFL the next step after filling out the admission application and paid the application fee.

The reason for requiring English/Math placement exam or TOEFL is to help college/university admission staff to decide which level of English/Math course to place you to the right class. Basic English?, Interimate to English? or Advanced (honor) English? and vice versa for Math.

There is no other way or loophole for TOEFL, you must take testing prior the admission staff to approve or reject you enrolling to college/university.

Finally, I will not help googling it for you, because you mentioned that you have been applied some universities over there. That is obviously you have been searched already!!
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by Dreloaded(f): 5:36am On Jan 22, 2008
I hope there isnt.
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by Bossman(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2008
Use the google search engine to search for TOEFL. AFAIK, all schools require foreign applicants to take the exam. Any idiot that undetrstands simple english should not have problems taking it. Anyone that can not make the minumum required on this exam definitely does not deserve to apply to study in the US.
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by biyiwilly(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2010
Register for your TOEFL/GRE/GMAT @ affordable rate compared to

All registration firm in Nigeria.

TOEFL @ N26,250.00 $175.00

GRE @ N28,500.00 $190.00

GMAT @ N39,000.00 $250.00

We also give you tutorials on all the exams….for more information

Call: 08023343047, 08063114931, 01-8837758.

Email: billbiyi@b2consultingng.com

[tr][/tr]
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by suxes2005(m): 8:30pm On Jun 18, 2010
California state university, northridge does
not require toefl and some other schools also
but it depends on what u r going 2 do

SHALOM
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by oyewolejos(m): 4:36am On Jun 19, 2010
suxes2005:

California state university, northridge does
not require toefl and some other schools also
but it depends on what u r going 2 do

SHALOM

Yeah right.They just use that to admit u and they will later give u English 21 cos u don't have TOEFL.The English 21 is just JSS 1 English in Nigeria and u will be paying around $1800 for what u should have done in Lagos for $100.Thats what am presently going through right now.I wasted $1800 and a full semester just to do JSS 1English.The only advantage is that u gonna get an A and it will boost your GP.It's better u have your TOEFL and SAT or else u come here and waste time and money.
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by Wilfem(m): 5:52am On Jun 19, 2010
I later found this Kean University in New Jersey, and they offered the Masters in Graphic Communication Design, which I applied for, but the problem I've been facing for the past 3 months is the verification of my Transcripts between World Education Services (WES) and the Institution I graduated from, it had taken [b]Poly Ibadan [/b]over 3 months to reply in order to verify my transcript and that had been giving me a whole lot of head ache. Na war o!
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by BIZWORLD(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2010
For those in Malaysia that need TOFEL & IESTL(BRITISH COUNCIL EXAM )Machinery contact me YOUR RESULT IS 100% SURE
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2010
BIZWORLD:

For those in Malaysia that need TOFEL & IESTL(BRITISH COUNCIL EXAM )Machinery contact me through my email TRUELOVE4U39@YAHOO.COM. YOUR RESULT IS 100% SURE

Another thief.

Don't you guys give up? Keep recycling yourself, you'll always be spotted.
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by lovely123: 7:56am On Jun 20, 2010
Hello,
I was told about an American university that charges 4000dollars per semester,and dos not require Toefl.However i was a told by an admssion Agent here in Naija,he says he does the application for prospective applicants herie in Naija.
Yoo can try to do more research yourself online as i got no clue at all.Infact he even said payment is to be made on arrival.
You can call me for more info 07033163275
Ciaooooooooooo
Re: Is there any American institution not requiring TOEFL by maridrug(m): 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
tuition free university in asia

(1) (Reply)

Top-ten List Of Countries For Masters In Computer Science / You Are Interested In Solved Past Waec & Jamb Question Papers? / NECO 2012/2013 TIMETABLE . Accurate .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.