Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria (14724 Views)

Poll: The state with the best infrastructure in Nigeria

Akwa-Ibom: 17% (41 votes)
Enugu: 16% (37 votes)
Kaduna: 3% (7 votes)
Lagos: 56% (131 votes)
Rivers: 6% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Which state has the best infrastructure in Nigeria aside from Lagos (a former FCT)?

Akwa-Ibom: 36% (9 votes)
Enugu: 40% (10 votes)
Rivers: 24% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

5 States With Poorest Infrastructure In The Nigeria / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by MostIncredibleDFirst: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
The rating for this Poll of the states with the best infrastructure in Nigeria should be based the following indices:
1) Access to Electric power throughout the state. And the personal Ownership of an independent power plant
2) Existence of tourism facilities of world-standard. Such must include at least 4 of the following; stadium, hotels, international conference centers, cinemas, amusement parks, museums, wild-life parks.
3) Transport system. This must include airport and roads networks of world-standard
4)Educational system. This should include the standard of facilities in schools of all categories, existence of public libraries- both manual n electronic
5) Public health-care system and environmental sanitation of world-standard
6) Wide-spread availability of Portable drinking water
7)Business climate that supports economic growth and industrialization
coolRatings must be devoid of sentiments

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
Mr. Moderator, please transfer this Poll to the front-page. Thank you.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
guy you're a fool
many states are more developed than the ones you listed

8 Likes

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by MostIncredibleDFirst: 1:08am On Jul 04, 2012
re@lchange:
guy you're a fool

Come, why are you so emotional?
Did I leave out your state or geo-political zone out of the Poll?
Dont blame me. The options on Nairaland accommodate ONLY a maximum of 5 different options for a Poll. Besides, your own very state may even be very under-develop with no tangible infrastructure, "just saying".
And i'm fair enough to accommodate 4 out of the 6 geo-political zones of Nigeria.
However, that i've enlists frontline states in those 4 geo-political zones does not mean that one's rating or voting should be based on ethnic or primordial sentiments. Your voting should be completely dispassionate and objective.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by bashr8: 3:43am On Jul 04, 2012
lagos abuja and rivers, those are states where federal government have invested oil money the most, everyother state are on their own.

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by bokohalal(m): 3:48am On Jul 04, 2012
[quote author=MostIncredible.DFirst]The rating for this Poll of the states with the best infrastructure in Nigeria should be based the following indices:
1) Access to Electric power throughout the state. And the personal Ownership of an independent power plant
2) Existence of tourism facilities of world-standard. Such must include at least 4 of the following; stadium, hotels, international conference centers, cinemas, amusement parks, museums, wild-life parks.
3) Transport system. This must include airport and roads networks of world-standard
4)Educational system. This should include the standard of facilities in schools of all categories, existence of public libraries- both manual n electronic
5) Public health-care system and environmental sanitation of world-standard
6) Wide-spread availability of Portable drinking water
7)Business climate that supports economic growth and industrialization
coolRatings must be devoid of sentiments[/quote

None.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
^^^^

Exactly! NONE

Except they mean "MEDIOCRE" infrastructures
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Lordave: 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
Kebbi state
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Spyker: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
I only voted for Lagos but I think I place my bet on FCT only that it is not a State.
Please remove Rivers State from that list, my state has nothing to offer for now except notice board and newspaper developments.

5 Likes

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Cleanman(m): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ipinle omoluabi....ile awon akoni..OSUN STATE

3 Likes

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lagos ofcourse, because all of the infrasture companies are headquartered in Lagos....dont quote me, I might be wrong.

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Odinaka00(m): 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
I didn see abia, why?@op
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by opoke(m): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ebonyi State has excelled in all that you mentioned. Carry go Chief Martin Elechi the peoples Governor.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by opoke(m): 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ebonyi State followed by Enugu State they have excelled in all that you mentioned. Carry go Chief Martin Elechi the peoples Governor.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
My own list is
Lagos
Kwara
Osun/oyo (same level)
Rivers
Plateau
Kaduna
Cross river
Ogun
Enugu.

Those are the places I have visited; and that's the order in both infrastructure and beauty.

3 Likes

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by djosh4(m): 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
opoke: Ebonyi State has excelled in all that you mentioned. Carry go Chief Martin Elechi the peoples Governor.
That's a joke,right?
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by kama1210: 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2012
opoke: Ebonyi State has excelled in all that you mentioned. Carry go Chief Martin Elechi the peoples Governor.

Darling, we are not talking of the worst managed state. Can't u see well. Ebonyi can not boast of anything yet.

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by glimpse(f): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
Cleanman: Ipinle omoluabi....ile awon akoni..OSUN STATE

osun wat? Dat state aint got no infrastructure nothing.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2012
Poster, you're simply asking for our state of origin

2 Likes

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Samwilsonz: 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
@ Apoke ..........u must be a retarded Ebonyian......Ebonyi state is the worst state ve eva visited......go n work hard joor..........u nna no follow for anything.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by cyril83(m): 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
bashr8: lagos abuja and rivers, those are states where federal government have invested oil money the most, everyother state are on their own.
says who FG invested oil money in lagos,if you say agriculture money fine!since the advent of this crude oil,tinubu and fash can account di amount FG had invested to the state...have you forgotten that obasanjo refused to pay allocation to lagos for years...@op you ursef know appropriate answer to this question,even if you ask a new born baby he will definately tell you LASGIDi

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by cyril83(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
what a clown you are...did you mean oshun state that can't boast of pure water factory...you must be kidding
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by cyril83(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
Odinaka00: I didn see abia, why?@op
abia my beatiful A.n.u.s,a state that has bad road network
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Curiouscity(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
re@lchange:
guy you're a fool

Why are some supposed educated people too temperamental n abusive?
U could make a valid argument with d OP without calling him names.
Ur level of education is mostly seen in ur words n character b4 the
certificate U carry. That ur ID says 'realchange' is a big paradox.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
cyril83: says who FG invested oil money in lagos,if you say agriculture money fine!since the advent of this crude oil,tinubu and fash can account di amount FG had invested to the state...have you forgotten that obasanjo refused to pay allocation to lagos for years...@op you ursef know appropriate answer to this question,even if you ask a new born baby he will definately tell you LASGIDi

This is bullshiit, bro.
Everything, from the National Theatre to 3r Mainland Bridge, to the ports... Every damn thing in Lagos was built with oil money.

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2012

Damn!
Dude got jokes! grin grin grin
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2012
Of course the answer is Lagos.

I was just about to laugh at a guy who said "Osun State", only to see another who said "Ebonyi"!!!!! shocked LMFAO!!
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lagos , followed closely by Akwa Ibom were development and social infrastructure is widespread. All other states are one city state.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Beaf: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
ITbomb: Lagos , followed closely by Akwa Ibom were development and social infrastructure is widespread. All other states are one city state.

Delta state is not a one city state.
Everybody in Nigeria has heard of Warri, Sapele, Ughelli, Abraka etc.

1 Like

Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lagos I guess
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by otokx(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
It will be Federal Capital Territory, Lagos and Rivers State are getting ready to be declared areas of natural disasters due to the flooding occasioned by bad infrastructure development. There is no point in the case of Port Harcourt where roads are constructed without much thought giving to how water will be drained off.
Re: States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria by gbogboti: 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
cyril83: says who FG invested oil money in lagos,if you say agriculture money fine!since the advent of this crude oil,tinubu and fash can account di amount FG had invested to the state...have you forgotten that obasanjo refused to pay allocation to lagos for years...@op you ursef know appropriate answer to this question,even if you ask a new born baby he will definately tell you LASGIDi

All the roads in Lagos were built with agricultural money abi? Third Mainland which is the most important was also built by agriculture money too abi? All part of the wharf was also built by agriculture money too abi? Victorial Island was also built by agriculture too abi? If your answers to my questions are yes...then think very well again. You are probably in your early 20s or close to 20.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7-Year-Old Planned To Bomb Dalori IDP Camp, Gets Arrested / Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' / Central Bank Of Nigeria, Makurdi Branch, Benue State On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.