Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Which Kind Of Domain Is .ng.cm? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Kind Of Domain Is .ng.cm? (801 Views)

Why Is .ng Domain So Expensive Compare To .in, .uk, .us, .ca, .nl, Etc? / I Want To Buy A Domain. Is There Any Goddady With 12 Month Discount Coupon ? / Why Whois Look Up For A Domain Is Good Or Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Kind Of Domain Is .ng.cm? by auwal87(m): 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
I am seeing some couple of websites on the domain .ng.cm is it Nigerian? How comes? Any information on this?
Re: Which Kind Of Domain Is .ng.cm? by auwal87(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
All I know is .cm is a Cameroon top level domain, who is registering .ng.cm for Nigerian websites?
Ain't this a disgrace? undecided
Re: Which Kind Of Domain Is .ng.cm? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
It is just an abbreviation for .ng.com which we see every day smiley . Not everyone likes typing much even if you like typing and typing real fast
Re: Which Kind Of Domain Is .ng.cm? by auwal87(m): 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
Blugreen: It is just an abbreviation for .ng.com which we see every day smiley . Not everyone likes typing much even if you like typing and typing real fast

lol, nothing like .ng.com, it is .com.ng, and the .cm is a country top level domain, I just learnt somebody is giving out free sub-domains under the .ng.cm which is a Cameroonian ccTLD. Anyway, it is Nigeria, tomorrow we might have .ng.gh too.

2 Likes

Re: Which Kind Of Domain Is .ng.cm? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 05, 2012
If you say so, then no domain with the extension of .ng.cm is existing as well smiley . I just did my research. The .ng.com I said earlier was just a mix-up. Mistakenly took it for .com.ng
Re: Which Kind Of Domain Is .ng.cm? by auwal87(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2012
Blugreen: If you say so, then no domain with the extension of .ng.cm is existing as well smiley . I just did my research. The .ng.com I said earlier was just a mix-up. Mistakenly took it for .com.ng

Yes it isn't an extension, it is a domain registered under the .cm TLD, if you check the who is details of the domain you will see what am talking about.
You can check the whois on 101domain.com.
Anyway, its a nice short url.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help With Joomla / Facebook Fan Page For Sale. / How To Become A Hacker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.