Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,594 members, 7,823,581 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account (5239 Views)

How Oronsaye Spent Fg’s N190m In Secret Account – Witness / Panama Papers Exposes Theophilus Danjuma’s Offshore Companies And Secret Account / The Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN) Has Denied That It Operates A Secret Foreign B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Beaf: 9:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
[size=14pt]CBN operates secret account, says NNPC[/size]
By Onyedi Ojiabor

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=Sanusi_Lamido__ndew_342537431.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
CBN Governor Lamido CBN Governor Lamido

The Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) yesterday disowned the controversial secret account at J.P. Morgan.

NNPC Group Executive Director (Finance) Mr. Bernard Otti told the joint Senate Committees on Petroleum Resources (Downstream), Appropriation and Finance investigating the management of the fuel subsidy scheme that J. P. Morgan Account was opened by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on its behalf in 2002.

The CBN had earlier told the committee that the secret account was opened and solely managed by the NNPC.

But Otti told the committee that the CBN is the sole signatory to the account.

Finance Minister Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on Monday said distanced her ministry had no hand in the account.

Though Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala told the committee that she is aware of the account, she denied knowledge of its details, including the number.

NNPC Group Managing Director Andrew Yakubu told the committee that the CBN owns the account.

Committee chair Senator Magnus Abe compelled Otti to appear before the committee to clarify the status of the account.

Otti claimed that the CBN operates the account on behalf of NNPC “right from the outset when the account was opened in the United States”.

He said: “The NNPC has no direct contact with the J.P. Morgan account. The account was opened by the CBN on behalf of the NNPC. It was opened in the last quarter of 2002 by the CBN for NNPC.

“The account is operated by NNPC in the CBN. CBN has its correspondent banks to which NNPC isn’t a party. NNPC doesn’t operate that account; NNPC operates domiciliary account with CBN.”

Asked to be definite if the NNPC or the CBN operates the account and whose money is paid into it, Otti said:

“The money paid into the account is crude (oil) money of Nigeria . We are not party to that transaction. Our relationship with the CBN accounts begins and terminates with that account.”

Otti said the CBN is the only signatory, such that the NNPC is not even on the account mandate.

He insisted: “The CBN is the signatory to that account. We have no relationship with J. P. Morgan whatsoever. We are not in the mandate.”

The committee vowed to ensure that accounts not known to the Constitution are closed and all monies paid directly into the Federation Account.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/52663-cbn-operates-secret-account-says-nnpc.html
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by oiseworld: 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
winsh kind one be dis again ? Secret account for who? By who? To who?

This Gej administration has been very revealing. All these secret things have been on for so long but they are been covered up. Now that we are getting to know, people like buhari would start shouting " this govt is the most corrupt" trying to score cheap points.

More revelations pls.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Beaf: 2:24am On Jul 05, 2012
oiseworld: winsh kind one be dis again ? Secret account for who? By who? To who?

This Gej administration has been very revealing. All these secret things have been on for so long but they are been covered up. Now that we are getting to know, people like buhari would start shouting " this govt is the most corrupt" trying to score cheap points.

More revelations pls.

My broda, na so we see am o!
Many murky dealings of the past are now being revealed. God alone knows why anybody would have been running our oil proceeds through a secret account.
What makes this matter most fearful is that both the CBN and NNPC are vigourously disowning it, there must be something really deep and dark crawling about under the covers.

Who knows how many other secret bank accounts there are littering the place? embarassed
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Lisa1: 3:25am On Jul 05, 2012
Nice job!
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Musiwa2: 4:05am On Jul 05, 2012
F
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Jyde89: 5:41am On Jul 05, 2012
Seeing beaf as the poster of this news, i was looking for GEJ, but the only names i keep hearing was CBN and NNPC, so i was wondering how this would benefit GEJ, now i understand, u r trying to tell us dt GEJ papacy is more revealing....? Mtcheeeew, GEJ would still be the one taking the lion share of the new found loothing well...

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Beaf: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2012
Jyde89: Seeing beaf as the poster of this news, i was looking for GEJ, but the only names i keep hearing was CBN and NNPC, so i was wondering how this would benefit GEJ, now i understand, u r trying to tell us dt GEJ papacy is more revealing....? Mtcheeeew, GEJ would still be the one taking the lion share of the new found loothing well...

You will continue to see GEJ even when you look at your babe; thats what being stup!d and consumed by hatred does to you.
Some of you are daft beyond belief. embarassed

Mofo, the topic is about the CBN amd NNPC running secret accounts from 2002(and likely, before), if all you can see are some id!otic phantom angles, then you've got real and bloody deep problems.
Why do we have to deal with so many fools on NL for goodness sake?! Its become like a plague now!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by kodewrita(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2012
Considering the fact that Sanusi wasnt there in 2002, why put his picture here?

the logo of the CBN would have been more appropriate.

besides the title is wrong. This would have been more appropriate "NNPC Secret Account Solely Operated By CBN, says NNPC"
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by akinmusi(m): 8:51am On Jul 05, 2012
@op se e mo pe Ogbeni Beaf yen ko gbadun. Complete MOFO
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Demdem(m): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2012
Beaf: [size=14pt]CBN operates secret account, says NNPC[/size]

Though Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala told the committee that she is aware of the account, she denied knowledge of its details, including the number.

This woman is something else. so she knew all these and she didnt tell us while going all over TV stations that Nigeria will crash if subsidy isnt removed and yet there was a secret account somewhere.
Now we know where those funds being used by the killer party for elections are kept. Am sure the executives headed by the retardeen would have never wanted this info in public domain. this is a strictly senate investigation.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Demdem(m): 10:20am On Jul 05, 2012
kodewrita: Considering the fact that Sanusi wasnt there in 2002, why put his picture here?

the logo of the CBN would have been more appropriate.

besides the title is wrong. This would have been more appropriate "NNPC Secret Account Solely Operated By CBN, says NNPC"

it doesnt matter, he met the fraud there and made sure the status quo remained. one thing is certain for sure, the killer party (PDP) has been there far more before then.
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by ifihearam: 10:53am On Jul 05, 2012
But the CBN governor denied knowledge of the account when summoned by the senate and now NNPC has referred the house back to CBN,hmmm there is something fishy here.
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by jmaine: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2012
Double post
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by jmaine: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2012
Papa :- Na who thief meat for Pot angry

CBN :- daddy, no be me oh, ask NNPC, na him dey incharge of kitchen

NNPC :- make satan damage that your yeye mouth angry, no be you arrange the level for all of us to chop . . . ..errm! Daddy, abeg ask CBN, na him sabi pass cos na him arrange everything

Enytin don in darkness, shall also come out in liteness grin

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by ayodeji1(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2012
Fowl yansh don dey open gradually for 9ja.soon,we go see the colour of him pant.let's keep our fingers crossed while another section of 9ja fraud event unfold.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by miteolu(m): 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
Season films plenty for this country.
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
Na wa o! From one story to another! No more watching soap opera on tv.now its governments turn to start entertaining us with their silly movies and drama! Smfh!!
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by lacasa: 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
Jyde89: Seeing beaf as the poster of this news, i was looking for GEJ, but the only names i keep hearing was CBN and NNPC, so i was wondering how this would benefit GEJ, now i understand, u r trying to tell us dt GEJ papacy is more revealing....? Mtcheeeew, GEJ would still be the one taking the lion share of the new found loothing well...

On-Point cool
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by undet: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
AND WHO WILL DELIVER OUR GREAT NATION FROM THE CANKERWORMS CALLED LEADERS! OUR LEADERS MAKE ME WEEP, SICK AND TIRED! WHEN WILL OUR CHANGE COME? IN THE REMOTE AREA OF THE NORTH NGOs HAVE TO PAY HOUSE WIVES TO IMMUNIZE THEIR KIDS AGAINST POLIO-THE POOR PEOPLE FEED ON TUWO 24/7. ALL ACROSS NIGERIA SOME DONT EVEN SEE 5O NAIARA IN A DAY LET ALONE SPENDING IT. EVERYBODY CARES ABOUT THEIR OWN POCKET. PRIVATE ACCOUNT BY CBN, LITTLE WONDER THEY WANTED TO BUILD A MAGNIFICENT HOTEL AND POULTRIES LAST YEAR SAYING IT WILL BE OWNED BY CENTRAL BANK BEFORE NIGERIANS GAVE IT TO THEM THAT IS NOT THEIR TURF THEY SHOULD MANAGE THE MONEY BUSINESS. SANUSI IS AN EVERLASTING JOKE! EVEN DOLLARS GETTING STRONGER AGAINST NAIRA BY THE DAY.
OUR CHANGE SHALL COME,AND WE WILL WORK IT. GOD WILL DEAL WITH OUR LEADERS, BUT WE WILL ARRANGE THE MEETING

1 Like

Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Eltonluigi(m): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
Yea, is not news these fellows have money stashed in Liechtenstein(LGT) and the Cayman Island.
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by betrani(m): 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2012
wonders! they say; shall neva end! yet we d hear say d country dey broke! na wah o!
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by delords2: 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
And we expect the president to deliver within 2yrs in office with all this mountain of shit that has been institutionalized by past administration. Na Wa....
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by lacasa: 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
oiseworld: winsh kind one be dis again ? Secret account for who? By who? To who?

More revelations pls.

Wat a dumb post, the National Assembly is the arm of govt revealing all dis anϑ not u̶̲̥̅̊​r useless Gej being the executive.

After all, Gej is protecting thieves such as diezani, ahmadu ali n co. Who r his friends.

Dnt bring Buhari or anyother person's name here abeg!
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by betrani(m): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
undet: AND WHO WILL DELIVER OUR GREAT NATION FROM THE CANKERWORMS CALLED LEADERS! OUR LEADERS MAKE ME WEEP, SICK AND TIRED! WHEN WILL OUR CHANGE COME? IN THE REMOTE AREA OF THE NORTH NGOs HAVE TO PAY HOUSE WIVES TO IMMUNIZE THEIR KIDS AGAINST POLIO-THE POOR PEOPLE FEED ON TUWO 24/7. ALL ACROSS NIGERIA SOME DONT EVEN SEE 5O NAIARA IN A DAY LET ALONE SPENDING IT. EVERYBODY CARES ABOUT THEIR OWN POCKET. PRIVATE ACCOUNT BY CBN, LITTLE WONDER THEY WANTED TO BUILD A MAGNIFICENT HOTEL AND POULTRIES LAST YEAR SAYING IT WILL BE OWNED BY CENTRAL BANK BEFORE NIGERIANS GAVE IT TO THEM THAT IS NOT THEIR TURF THEY SHOULD MANAGE THE MONEY BUSINESS. SANUSI IS AN EVERLASTING JOKE! EVEN DOLLARS GETTING STRONGER AGAINST NAIRA BY THE DAY.
OUR CHANGE SHALL COME,AND WE WILL WORK IT. GOD WILL DEAL WITH OUR LEADERS, BUT WE WILL ARRANGE THE MEETING
whose gone save us? If not u and I! I'm dwn with a sincere revolution(more sincere than d subsidy stuff) thats if I c men with liver wey go join me!
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by omo9ja1(m): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
before was Farouk,Otedola and the lower house about money now is CBN VS NNPC

hmmmm ...singing ..... sorry for nigeria x2
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by ITbomb(m): 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
One major achievement of GEJ administration is that most means by which successive governments and individuals has ruin this country are being exposed.
What remains now is the will to go after this people and conclusively give each of them their due punishment
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by amanyi4u(m): 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
May God help us with all the hidden information and retrieve for something good
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by dipotech: 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
what else can we say, looting here, bribery there, corruption all over.
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
[size=22pt] as una no gree, NA ME GET THE ACCOUNT. They must been aware of the fraud tied to that account[/size]
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by yorke1: 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
God rescue this country. This country is doomed long time along.
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by igbsam(m): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
What this country needs is a serious revolution. All these bastards ruining this nation should be cut down. But what all our youth does is make jokes out of every revealing secrets affecting the nation and their lives. How long shall we keep quiet when we see the mess this guys are making. I think i see why bakare would not hold his peace. Its not just because he wants cpc to win, but because the level of corruption has reached its peak and its smelling home and abroad. Imagine a taxi driver kicking me out of his cab in malaysia just because he asked where i came from and i mention nigeria. he got furios and yelled at me to get off his cab shouting Corrupt country with corrupt citizens. How long ?
Re: NNPC Claims CBN Operates A Secret Account by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2012

More revelations pls.

Good the administration has been very revealing. However, it doesnt stop at that. They need to act more. Bring the people to justice. We get a lot of revelations, but little action....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Judge Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe To Skew Justice In Gambia / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) / APC You Are Truly Wicked WARNING Graphic Images!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.