Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Plz Advice... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Plz Advice... (1346 Views)

Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice / Plz Help! Her Husband Has Suddenly Developed Sick Sexual Fantasies. / My Husband Has A Secret Life And I No Longer Trust Him, Help Me Plz What Do I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz Advice... by Brite02(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
A brief story... & your advice is needed!

There is the lady i love, she loves me too, we are in a serious commitments which i hope will have a good end(possibly marriage). Now, she attends Cherubim & Seraphim church & i attend Anglican church, now here is where the problem lies.....she is not ready to let go of her church even if we eventually get married in the near future but i don't give a rat though about it, but in our african system(culture) courtesy demands that where ever or whatever church the man goes so should, the wife......my question is, is there something she is holding on in that church...that is making her hell bent not to leave. Secondly, will this sort of marriage work, will there be respect/submission in this marriage.. Lastly, will love reign in this marriage.

Plz your advice is needed. And if u have similar experiences it is welcomed.
Re: Plz Advice... by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
It won't work. Except you both don't care about whichever church yous go to but obviously you do, so nope it won't work
Re: Plz Advice... by ifyalways(f): 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
Number 1 lie "in African tradition, the woman goes to the husbands church" . Biko, which African tradition ?the true African religion was not Christianity so why use ATR as an excuse when it suits you?
Back to your problem and quoting a bible verse for good measure sef "can two work together unless they agree?"
Religion is one thing I believe, well aside kpekus that a couple should have perfect understanding and agreement on.
When you all miss out on a beautiful relationship because of religious dogmas or lack of thereof, I hope you all won't complain when its far too late and the scales start falling of your eyes.
How can you love or agree with God when you can't even agree with your fellow man?
Emancipate yourself from religious slavery.
Re: Plz Advice... by stevade(f): 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
leave the girl nd find another one because it would not work she is just wasting your time.relationship where there is no submission is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Plz Advice... by edogram1(m): 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
Woman submit to ur man, and man respect ur woman. In the bible women are to submit to men. If she cannot submit to u when u already promise to marry her, then am sorry there are many other things she cannot submit to u. Don't come here tomorrow and begin to cry.
Re: Plz Advice... by Brite02(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
@all, who have given their views on this matter, i say a big thanks..

She is willing to join/follow me to my church but she's not willing to let go of hers....... Is there something about the church that she is hiding?
Re: Plz Advice... by edogram1(m): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
if she is will to start ur church then what ur problem. Plz that shouldn't bothered u.
Re: Plz Advice... by PrettyCindy(f): 10:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
Well since you want to know what it is about the church that is making her not want to leave, go to religion section and either look for threads about cele churches or open a new thread on this same issue. You will get a lot of info there. Goodluck.
Re: Plz Advice... by chichi414: 10:37am On Jul 06, 2012
Talk to her cos her church get as e dey if she truly love u, she will leave her church & follow u to ur own hchurch
Re: Plz Advice... by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 07, 2012
I believe you should go the lady in question and ask her if the marriage will work or not.its she you should be discussing this serious matter with.
Re: Plz Advice... by Brite02(m): 10:17am On Jul 07, 2012
Thanks, for all your comments here, i really appreciate it. I guess putting all my eggs in one basket is questionable....i'll see how this mystery will unfold, and if this wanna be marriage will work.
Re: Plz Advice... by morethanadoll(f): 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
This is one of the main issues that I have with religion. I am non-denominational, meaning that I focus on the Jesus being my savior and that is it. Religion is nothing but a distraction from what we should all really be focused on, and that being the story of our God. We don't need religion, since that only divides us. Now, as far as her committing to your church, I don't think that is something that she must do right now. You both are only aspiring to be married currently. It isn't about which church is better, but which church makes you feel the presence of the Lord. I think that you both should spend one Sunday at each other's church and decide from there. Even though it is a tradition in your culture for the woman to go with whatever the man is feeling, traditions are made to be broken. You should give each other the benefit of visiting each other's church and hopefully, by the time that you two are married, you can come to some type of agreement. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Plz Advice... by KillerBeauty(f): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
What God has brought together let no man put asunder. In your case op its what God has brought together let church denomination put asunder cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Hospitals where Pregnant Women Die In Lagos.. / Pastor Accused Of Raping A 12-year-old Girl In Pit Toilet / Stop Breeding!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.