Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,197 members, 7,845,947 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Honda Crv 2005 Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Crv 2005 Engine (1267 Views)

Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! / Honda Accord 2005 Engine Mount(seat) / Am In Need Of KIA Cerato 2005 Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Crv 2005 Engine by fizzybaba(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
My honda Crv 2005 Engine has gone completely bad

I buy mobil special oil every week at 3000naira. It dosent get worse than that, does it?

Where can i buy a good engine and at what price?

Your Suggestions would be appreciated.
Re: Honda Crv 2005 Engine by icemann(m): 8:12am On Jul 06, 2012
fizzybaba: My honda Crv 2005 Engine has gone completely bad

I buy mobil special oil every week at 3000naira. It dosent get worse than that, does it?

Where can i buy a good engine and at what price?

Your Suggestions would be appreciated.

You buy oil every week? shocked shocked shocked shocked

3k i guess is one gallon.why? How? For what?
You got to be kidding me #facepalm

Another mugu in the hands of the mechanic
Re: Honda Crv 2005 Engine by fizzybaba(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2012
@ iceman

Thanks for your concern.

I buy the oil myself and i pour it myself. It started with one per month and later increased to two per month.

Now i buy an average of 3 per week. It only goes to show the engine is bad. It smokes as well

I want to buy a tokunbo engine. How much is it? is it advisable to ring?
Re: Honda Crv 2005 Engine by icemann(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2012
fizzybaba: @ iceman

Thanks for your concern.

I buy the oil myself and i pour it myself. It started with one per month and later increased to two per month.

Now i buy an average of 3 per week. It only goes to show the engine is bad. It smokes as well

Don't know the price of a used engine in Nigeria , but fitting new rings MAY NOT solve the problem.
I know a friend that fitted in new rings on his 96 accord(It was an F22 B Engine, Yours is K24 aka I-VTEC), but 6 months later it continued smoking
He ended up selling his car after fitting another new set of rings.
The mech said the rings in the market were all made in china and were of low quality.

I would say get a new engine, but you still cant be sure of these used engines.
Re: Honda Crv 2005 Engine by icemann(m): 9:48am On Jul 06, 2012
fizzybaba: @ iceman

Thanks for your concern.

Dude thats a lot of oil in one week, I am sure you smell of burnt oil after every trip.(Try smelling your clothes)

You need to get this fixed soon cause VIO/Police would be collecting "chop money from you"

(1) (Reply)

RHD To LHD Conversion For BMW 3 Series, 5 Series And 7 Series / 2005 To 2010 Used Car Best / Proudly Nigerian! Made In Nigeria Saloon Cars & Suvs By IVM (see Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.