Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,193 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? (1125 Views)

Installing Bull Bars On Suvs / What Could Be The Cause Of Over Heating In Honda Bull Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? by charliemamen: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
hello,

my honda bull dog has a major steerin issues, sometimes it acts like the tire wants to pull off the car when im on high speed. i recently had the power steering pump changed thinking it was the culprit.

the steering shakes when im cruising, i dont like this and i will like to know the best way to get it rectified.

Also, this car vibrates whenever i place the gear on reverse, it vibrates(its an automatic transmission car).

Thanks for your advise and comments
Re: Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? by icemann(m): 8:02am On Jul 06, 2012
charliemamen: hello,

my honda bull dog has a major steerin issues, sometimes it acts like the tire wants to pull off the car when im on high speed. i recently had the power steering pump changed thinking it was the culprit.

Check your Control arm(upper arm) and your tie rods(inner and outer). Had similar problems with mine some few years back and had them changed and it stopped.

the steering shakes when im cruising, i dont like this and i will like to know the best way to get it rectified.

After the changes tell the mech to have the wheel balanced and the alignment checked.

Also, this car vibrates whenever i place the gear on reverse, it vibrates(its an automatic transmission car).
Thanks for your advise and comments

Not sure what is causing this problem, But it sounds like your engine mounts(Engine seats.
Re: Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 06, 2012
first & foremost go to a reputable shop or filling station for checks on ur wheel alignment and wheel balancing before u change anything.
secondly for engine vibration it may be ur engine require tune up like checking condition of spark plug,ignition leads which will let you know any impending issue
Re: Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? by icemann(m): 10:10am On Jul 06, 2012
Farayolas: first & foremost go to a reputable shop or filling station for checks on ur wheel alignment and wheel balancing before u change anything.
[/quote]
secondly for engine vibration it may be ur engine require tune up like checking condition of spark plug,ignition leads which will let you know any impending issue [/quote]

Read the post again
He said "Also, this car vibrates whenever i place the gear on reverse, it vibrates(its an automatic transmission car)"

ONLY WHEN HE PUTS IT IN REVERSE. So in neutral or Drive he is Good.
The fly wheel and clutch disc are not aligned. Probably shifts cause of a different motion (reverse Gear)
Check your Engine Seats
Re: Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? by charliemamen: 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
Thank you everyone for your advise

I will have the allignment and balancing done at a reputable gas station.

I will keep u guys posted on how it went.it can be really scary.

One more thing, the steering comes hard, i notice that the tranmission oil is leaking somewhere, will this be an expensive repair, because in he last 2 days i have had to buy 2 cans of abro ATF oil.....this is embarassing...it looks like i have recently change my car to a 1980 steyr trailer.....
Re: Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? by baaliyah(m): 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
you can trace where your fluid is leaking by youself. Start tracing from the pump through the hose and pipe all the way to the rack and finally to both tie rods, this will give you an idea of what you need to change. Check ur gear mountain, it is most likely bad there by resulting in vib. at R gear. Good luck
Re: Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? by charliemamen: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2012
ba_aliyah: you can trace where your fluid is leaking by youself. Start tracing from the pump through the hose and pipe all the way to the rack and finally to both tie rods, this will give you an idea of what you need to change. Check ur gear mountain, it is most likely bad there by resulting in vib. at R gear. Good luck

Thanks a bunch, is it true that the vibratng reverse gear is a sign of failing transmission?

also, i saw one of the points its leaking, a mechanic cut the pipe and fitted a hose clipped at the end and its still leaking, does anyone know of any mechanic shope where power steering is their major? as i dont want anymore trial and errors.

Thanks
Re: Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified? by larew1945: 11:26am On Jul 12, 2012
I will have the allignment and balancing done at a reputable gas station.[img]http://www.kucei.info/g.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Cars Of The Future(2040) / Is It Allowed To Scan Used Cars Before Buying Them At Car Dealer Outlets? / Toyota Avensis 2004 Diesel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.