Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,911 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos (16291 Views)

PHOTOS: Man 'turns To Dog' During Deliverance Session At TB Joshua's Church / ISIS Trainer Turns To The Bible, 'sick Of The Killing' / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by mukina2: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
Fear and confusion gripped residents of Hwolshe in Jos, when N300, 000 church collection suddenly turned to a bundle of papers as it was about to be deposited in the bank.

The money, which belonged to St. Mary’s Parish, Hwolshe in Jos South Local Government was handed to Miss Ifeoma Eze, the Church Secretary to be deposited in the bank before the mystery occurred.

Eze told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday that she had filled the teller at the main branch of Jos Zenith with the money wrapped in polythene but saw papers when she was about to give the cash to the cashier.

“The money was intact when I left home for the bank but on getting to the counter, I opened the polythene bag only to discover that it has turned to bundles of papers.

“I was so confused and scared; I started screaming and was oblivious of the attention I was attracting as bewildered customers tried to console me,” she told NAN.

She said that she was particularly confused because she was wondering how to relay the story to the Parish Priest who entrusted the money to her.

She said that she was still “too baffled and confused” to convey her shock, adding that it was difficult to imagine what had happened.

“It is a story I find difficulty in telling anyone because not many people can believe it,” she said.

Eze said that she could not fathom what could have happened but explained that she took the money home on Sunday and changed the smaller denominations into bigger ones to ease the deposit processes in the bank.

She said that she did not suspect foul play from the point of changing the denominations and explained that the change was obtained from market women and cashiers of Mr. Biggs, a popular fast food outfit.

“I do not suspect them because they are my regular customers. Only God knows what could have happened.”

NAN learnt that the incident had sent tongues wagging among some skeptical members of the church.

Eze, however, expressed some relief that many of the members were convinced that there was no foul play on her part.

“I thank God that the Church believed what happened to me and the money and still retained me as the Church Secretary,” she said.

A church member, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that it was not difficult to believe Eze’s story because she was the Church Secretary and had handled its funds without any blemish in the past five years.

Rev. Father Emmanuel Ray-Ikpe, the Parish Priest, described the incident as “unfortunate, surprising and mysterious.“

“I have never heard of such a thing before but it has happened to us; to our church. There is nothing we can do about it. My secretary came back from the bank crying.

“Only God knows what exactly happened. Eze came and told us what happened to the money and we couldn’t say otherwise.

“We have left everything in the hands of God our creator,” Ray-Ikpe said.

The Priest, however, advised Eze to be “extra careful” when going to the bank to deposit cash.

[url=http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/05/n-3m-church-money-turns-to-mere-paper/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29]Source[/url]
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Yeske2(m): 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
Wich kind miracle be dis?

2 Likes

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
I can imagine the face of the priest. . .grin

1 Like

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by amosy007: 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
lol
african abracadabra
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by alienvirus: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
LOL. R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Freiburger(m): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
These are some of the miracles we 've been talking about, the next miracle will be normal paper turning into real cash. shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by miteolu(m): 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
Boys made it happen grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Ramcie(f): 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
Which kain jazz be this? Plz I need to contact this ;Dwoman o! Cos I desperately need that type of jazz .
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by chrisxxx(m): 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
was this money made on only a sunday? if so then these people are making money.

1 Like

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by alaoeri: 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
Voodoo in action but the pastor in charge suppose τ̲̅ȍ pray and convert the paper ϐªck τ̲̅ȍ money ℓ☺ℓ grin

5 Likes

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
someone carefully replaced the cash bundles with paper, there is no magic here. CHurch money has been effectively "used".

1 Like

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by gulfer: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
Miracle of Jos-Money turns to paper! grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
sexkillz: I can imagine the face of the priest. . .grin

grin grin grin

Don't put a price on a church.
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by TalkingBird: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
alaoeri: Voodoo in action but the pastor in charge suppose τ̲̅ȍ pray and convert the paper ϐªck τ̲̅ȍ money ℓ☺ℓ grin

I no fit laugh (mat 7: 21-23)

chrisxxx: was this money made on only a sunday? if so then these people are making money.

Are you just realizing it? That explains why the mad rush in opening up places of worship.
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Afam4eva(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
What could have happened to the money? Only God knows.
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by infogenius(m): 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
That's d difference between a church in Lagos and dat in Jos.She would have been relaxing in a cell now if it were a Lagos Church.
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by kunlekunle: 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
ask farouk
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by ebamma(m): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
story story
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ramcie: Which kain jazz be this? Plz I need to contact this ;Dwoman o! Cos I desperately need that type of jazz .

LOL.

The jazz dey exist. My friend don buy phone at idumota and it later changed to stone.

It is called, the more you look, the less you see.

But them church suppose cast am out na.
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Korrection(m): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
alaoeri: Voodoo in action but the pastor in charge suppose τ̲̅ȍ pray and convert the paper ϐªck τ̲̅ȍ money ℓ☺ℓ grin
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by searchcorp(m): 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
Speechless: the Church of God needs some serious revival.

money turned to paper ke? if she was a bank secretary there is no way that would have happened.

2 Likes

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by shaneroberts26: 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
Na virus enter d money
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by fxjohn2: 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2012
haha! which kind of stupid juju! They should ask her junior brother, i am sure that somebody somewhere is enjoying free 300k who was with her in the house?

2 Likes

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by mustkaka: 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2012
Let her be open nd tell us how it happened so that people can learn from her experience,she must have fallen prey into the hands of money doublers. Any how its a pity.
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
The manner and form Nigerians invoke God's name in every slight has diminished the efficacy of that name. Someone would lie and say "Only God knows". Only God knows what? Someone would be having intimacy and would be shouting "Oh God Oh God Oh God". This has become ubiquitous.

I have a general rule at my workplace, if you are accused of any malfeasance or stealing, and you invoke God's name, wittingly or unwittingly, you are immediately fired; no discussion. A lot of my employees have a hard time getting this into their heads, maybe probably because I have lived oversees for a while and my understanding of God has evolved. This does not in any sense ward off my belief in God. I am strong believer in God. Just think there is time for everything, if you need to invoke God's name, go to Church, Mosque, Synagogue or your shrine and evoke his name or do whatever sorcery in private and don't disturb the peace of other people.

3 Likes

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by buchi4action(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
seconded
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Jarus(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2012

Baaddd boy grin grin grin
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
She was careless with the money at home and some smart dude who had been planning the operation for sometime decided to strike on that fateful day.

This is no magic, it is just the kind of stunt that fraudsters,money doublers and 419 people do.

She should really be more careful and watchful in future.

1 Like

Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by gbogboti: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DNONSENE!!! She might be innocent. Not the people who live with her in the same house. Someone in her house has been targeting a lot of money like that for long. Jos people gentle sha...I know. St. Mary is an all Igbo-Idoma church. I know the church. Honestly, people for Jos too nice. And that's our problem here on the Plateau. Igbos here behave differently from the ones in other places. You hardly see the igbotic attitude in them. This might sound funny...but through. However, that woman should be drilled to her house. Them must vomit that money.
Re: N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2012

Seconded grin grin grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God And His Angels. / What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? / Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.