Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,193 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace (17598 Views)

Fayose Storms Olubadan's Coronation In Native Style - Photos / Chris Ngige's Masquerade At His Father's Burial Today - Photos / ‘dead’ Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by justaqad(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Masquerade and Islam, 2 sides of the same coin. Shame

and whats ur point exactly
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
check45:
Really, die for ur religion? how? I hope not one of those expecting to die becos of 72 virgins cheesy cheesy
no mind d bas.tard,he thinks he will get the 72 virgins,not knowing that after his death,the chief imam will be f.ucki.ng his belove widow,while he rots in hell..
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by 2mch(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
grin grin grin grin. Na wa for Ojuju Calabar. See as dem dey beat Ojuju. This people no get respect. The council of the traditional rulers should fine them. Opari. grin grin grin. We must keep our tradition alive. Religion should not dilute tradition. shocked
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
whistleblower:

y on earth will i dream of being like ur family? a family filled wt a host of bastards which has bn been ably n well represented by u?stop day dreaming!stop that folly!and whom God has cursed no man can bless because ur generation has just bcome one!may be @ d point of death,if u ar lucky!SILLY IMP!!
e dey pain u say ur Zap.i.ng mohamMAD was a he-goat,truth must be said anyway,u are from a cursed family,must u judge every family by ur worthless family?go get life man...product of condom leakage.
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by ceaser: 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
sensydin: Haaa, "ara orun" (deity from Heaven) was brutalized badly by "ara aye" (men on earth).
♫Na today-ay. E don tey e♫.
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by Yankee01: 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
not funny
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by tete7000(m): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
Abi o? Birds of the same feathers.
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by member479760: 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
That's good, one day we shall put an end to this OBA thing in this land. DEMO-CRACY for all, no one is born to be a follower.
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by Ilemba(m): 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
U bee muu muu
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by Dahbutter(m): 10:28am On Jul 07, 2012
I once kicked a masquerades arse in Nigeria too and nothing happened to me grin grin
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by phermonyx(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2012
Α̲̅♏ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ happy †̥ know dat oloolu A̶̲̥̅̊s dealt with. Dis same oloolu used †̥ threaten us ‎​​back in d̶̲̥̅̊ dayz ‎​​ђέή ώε̲̣ were in pry aΩ̴d̶̲̥̅̊ second skul, i wish i A̶̲̥̅̊s dia †̥ av given him 1 or 2 blows.
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by jkeva: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2012
12 inches!:
That yeye oloolu wey dey threaten us when we dey small in primary school.... See oloolu now as him carry plaster for head...operation burst dey vex ooooo....see as dem take rubbish oloolu...Shey him juju fail am ni...yeye pple...mscheww...oloolu ko oloolu ni.
very true, oloolu news back den used to threaten us, its either we close early from school or we dont go @all wen eva its their festival. Am so hapi dey treated der Bleep up
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by farouqzaib: 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
Damn! I love divide and conquer!
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by member479760: 7:32am On Jul 08, 2012
The END of bad spirit called Ooolu in this land.
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by adaybayor(m): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2012
tete7000:
Abi o? Birds of the same feathers.

Another fool in the making.
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by ikooko(m): 9:11am On Jul 08, 2012
poj: u ve not said anything. Pls grow up mentally
... and what have you said, oldman?
kindly show people in this forum how mentally matured you are.
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by ikooko(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
Lanspower:

Dude lemme educate you a little. The Oloolu Masquerade in Ibadan traditionally should not be seen by women. However in those days when there was real Oloolu, the masquerade nor its followers never chased or beat women like the present day. There used to be a Mask which Oloolu wore and any woman who saw the mask either died immediately or got afflicted with a dreadful illness capable of taking her life else they appeased to the deity in Oloolu's compound in Ode-Aje Ibadan. Historical oral tradition has it that Oloolu used to be powerful that on wearing the mask, he could sense the presence or nearness of a woman and at that time he usually said "ogbo n run" connoting that something strange was happening. Rumour has it that the mask was sold cheaply to some white historians but I can confirm that I witnessed Oloolu's outings more than 5 times and he never wore no mask but put on the traditional Aso Oke and on none of these 5 times did he sense the presence of women.
While I am not supporting that Oloolu shouldn't have gone to Opoyeosa as warned by Islamic faithful in the area, I would have advised the man in the capacity of Oloolu never to disobey coz it is an open secret that the potency of the family's tradition which was highly feared in the past has disappeared and that Muslims will leave no stone unturned to fight for what they believe in. Meanwhile, the Muslims that attacked Oloolu were not guilty cos at this age nothing should restrict the free movement of women not even a tradition that has had its values and virtues sold out.
sorry dude, you cant educate me on yoruba tradition. I grew up at ibadan and am around 4 decades old. I witnessed the this tradition and similar ones around SW nigeria.
The point here is, why would one religion dictate to another? do you realised how many public holidays granted to muslims and xtians yearly? how would you react if traditional worshippers conplain about noise polution during call to worship by muslims and praise worships by xtians.
Respect and tolerance for all by all is the key to peace.

1 Like

Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by whistleblower: 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
check45:
Really, die for ur religion? how? I hope not one of those expecting to die becos of 72 virgins cheesy cheesy

what @ least would u die to meet in hell if @ all someone even dies 4 dat reason which of course is not even d point but u must av slept wt more than that life herein all in d name of fellowship.what we are saying here is that what is worth having is worth dying 4.hope u ar not one of those who is willing to reign in hell rather than serving in heaven..FOOL OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by whistleblower: 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
Yomieluv: e dey pain u say ur Zap.i.ng mohamMAD was a he-goat,truth must be said anyway,u are from a cursed family,must u judge every family by ur worthless family?go get life man...product of condom leakage.

Dont u see u sound schizophreniac?gibberring like an slowpoke!i never knew u could deny descending frm a family where gogs and magogs abound! u av hope cos u will reunite wt lucifer in hell!....MUMU!OMO ALE!SON OF PEDITION
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
whistleblower:

Dont u see u sound schizophreniac?gibberring like an slowpoke!i never knew u could deny descending frm a family where gogs and magogs abound! u av hope cos u will reunite wt lucifer in hell!....MUMU!OMO ALE!SON OF PEDITION
u sounded like som1 who nids a brain transplant.who the Zap. Is ur mohamMAD that u want to die 4 him?that old rag man that married a 8yr old girl...Zap.i.n.g. Paedophilite.....if ur mentor could do such,i wonda what u wont do too..
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by olawonder(m): 4:51am On Jul 14, 2012
Any small news about masquerade or tradition, these christain fools will start moaning about the death of jesus of Netherland on the cross of Monaco... fools! How many of your own family memebers can you proudly say have given their lives to jesus? You are practicing what you believe in and they what they believe in, so whats the problem? After una go say na una dey tolerant pas any other religion, but infact na una dey nasty, invasive and intolerant pas! kmt
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by Gen2jaynee: 6:58am On Jul 19, 2012
whistleblower:

hellboy! i wouldnt blame u @ all u dumb,blind,deaf..u ar far frm d truth even if u see it i guess u've bn sentenced to hell if u should be detesting d truth,if i were u i would learn to know more about my religion rather than participating because everyone is rushing there..lemme tell u,try n produce a version of d bible as a black even if tutored by d pope,u learn that b4 them u ar a puppet or better still a slave..bt they've produced several versions like textbooks jst to give answers to those questions ur pastors cant answer when asked by muslims..WOE BE UNTO ALL THAT WRITE BOOKS IN THEIR OWN HANDS TO DECEIVE MANKIND!aw many version we wan count..una no dey think..EMBODIMENTS OF FOOLS!!!!
try kiss transfoma......or betta still hug movin train....Dodoyo...mtcheeew
Re: 'Dead' Oloolu Masquerade Storms Olubadan Palace by Gen2jaynee: 7:02am On Jul 19, 2012
Yomieluv: u sounded like som1 who nids a brain transplant.who the Zap. Is ur mohamMAD that u want to die 4 him?that old rag man that married a 8yr old girl...Zap.i.n.g. Paedophilite.....if ur mentor could do such,i wonda what u wont do too..
oh plss tell d IDI(ass)-ot dat calls himself WHISTLEBLOWER hw stupid he z

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Uncover Bomb In Kano Food Market, Two IEDS At Popular Owerri Eatery / Blunders Upon Blunders Upon Blunders, By Femi Aribisala / Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.