Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,298 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension (7570 Views)

3 OAU Students' Union Leaders Bag 14 Semesters Suspension / Ayade Orders Suspension Of Prayers In Schools / UI, ABU, Others Support Suspension Of ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 06, 2012
LEAD City University, Ibadan, has described the pronouncement of the National Universities Commission (NUC), suspending its licence, as an attempt to discredit the institution.

In a reaction, the Director of Corporate Affairs of the institution, Dr Ayoba-mi Owolabi, said there was no justification for the suspension, as all its courses, except Biochemistry, had full accreditation.

Owolabi, who urged members of the public to disregard the pronouncement, said “we, at Lead City University, discountenance in its entirety, the pronouncement of NUC suspending our operational licence.

“It is a calculated attempt to discredit the university now that we are all scampering for candidates for admission.

“All our courses are fully accredited and they will not be due for another round of accreditation until 2014. The only course not accredited,

Biochemistry, is due for accreditation in October this year and the NUC has communicated to us on that.”

The spokesman of the institution, who disclosed that the university held its post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) on Thursday, urged the NUC not to disturb its academic programmes.
He said the institution believed in the rule of law and had petitioned the National Assembly over the matter.

source:http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/43772-no-justification-for-nucs-suspension-of-licence-lead-city
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Tsmooth1(m): 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
There is justification to withdraw any private uni licence, especially those selling firstclass e.g covenant university, they shld withdraw its licence too.

3 Likes

Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by PeeDaVinci: 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
why go to the national assembly when you can go to court? i smell a rat here
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by tunapawizzy: 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
Hehehe dis Lead city sha get issues sha. Olorun nikan lo le ko yin yo o....
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by badaru1(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
NUC can give you life in the form of accreditation but NUC can not withdraw same,is it logical? Anyone who is aggrieved can go to court,not national assembly. Most of these private schools except those that are owned by the mega churches will find it difficult to meet the requirement set by NUC in term of facilities,since they are profit making.
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Mpetempe(m): 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
Dispiriting
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by kennytidistar(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
why national assembly nau? is only court that has the mandate to interprete and law so go to court national assembly are powerless at this stage.
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by bigfat01: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
That bigfat f.o.o.l is also mad.
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by kaiter: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
Most of these private schools except those that are owned by the mega churches will find it difficult to meet the requirement set by NUC in term of facilities,since they are profit making.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by yuzedo: 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
I agree! NUC shoud NOT have suspended Lead City's Licence!!! angry angry angry

. . . After all, have they forgotten that it is our beloved Wizkid's school?? grin grin
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by slimming: 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
Suspending such type of university at that stage is politically concerned.
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by tunapawizzy: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2012
slimming: Suspending such type of university at that stage is politically concerned.
Dis ur post is soooo funny but understanding lo matter.tanx for cracking ma ribs
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Musiwa2: 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
co

Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by inspirenet: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
T-smooth:
There is justification to withdraw any private uni licence, especially those selling firstclass e.g covenant university, they shld withdraw its licence too.

I guess u wldn't hv made 3rd class if u were properly trained at CU.

1 Like

Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by tunapawizzy: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
You see why d license should be revoked and d uni administrators flogged..going to d senate? They don't even know d ideal place to take their case to. I hope they don't teach Law in that school o.

1 Like

Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
tunapawizzy: You see why d license should be revoked and d uni administrators flogged..going to d senate? They don't even know d ideal place to take their case to. I hope they don't teach Law in that school o.
mr man...have you heard of arbitration before?? for your information...d court is the last resort for d common man...ok? so before resorting to court, you can explore other alternatives...d senate simply needs to checkmate d excesses of the NUC because they av bin doing this reckless BULLYING for quite sometym now..dats why in their wisdom, LEAD CITY has decided to approach the SENATE....so pls...its not evrytym one shud post before thinking...don't take dis personal

1 Like

Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by sheyguy: 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
According to the authorities of Lead uni. the school has all but one program accredited, so what could be their offense? I know there r tons of public schs running more unaccredited programs than Lead university.

3 Likes

Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by tunapawizzy: 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
soe:
mr man...have you heard of arbitration before?? for your information...d court is the last resort for d common man...ok? so before resorting to court, you can explore other alternatives...d senate simply needs to checkmate d excesses of the NUC because they av bin doing this reckless BULLYING for quite sometym now..dats why in their wisdom, LEAD CITY has decided to approach the SENATE....so pls...its not evrytym one shud post before thinking...don't take dis personal
U don't av to highlight ur ignorance 4 d whole world now leme school u a bit. Arbitration is a method of settling dispute by referring it to an independent body(arbitrator) "both parties having agreed beforehand to abide by its decision"... So digest wats in quotes n see why d senate is not an arbitrator here. U cn choose to crucify me but I won't dignify u with a further response.
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by sexiestharam(f): 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
yuzedo: I agree! NUC shoud NOT have suspended Lead City's Licence!!! angry angry angry

. . . After all, have they forgotten that it is our beloved Wizkid's school?? grin grin
Lwkmd!!!
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by StarrMatthieu: 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nice job!
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by okpaloafe: 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
Well NUC is a money concious organisation so therefore the FG must check der excesses indeed.mschew
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
tunapawizzy:
U don't av to highlight ur ignorance 4 d whole world now leme school u a bit. Arbitration is a method of settling dispute by referring it to an independent body(arbitrator) "both parties having agreed beforehand to abide by its decision"... So digest wats in quotes n see why d senate is not an arbitrator here. U cn choose to crucify me but I won't dignify u with a further response.

actually..i didnt put a paragraph cos i felt u wud be wise enof to know the implication of "..." in a sentence. who said the senate is an arbitrator, i only needed u to know dat d court isnt d only alternative to dispute resolution...anyway,to put u n track, senate isnt that bad an arbitrator becos by ur quote "both parties having agreed to abide by its decision", let me tutor u, d NUC has no right to refute against d decision of d senate...ask NYSC and they will tell u..and also, mind u, even in real arbitration scenerios, d parties are still at liberty to go to court if they feel not satisfied afterwards..so wise up...if u not ready to use ur brains...d apes wud appreciate to av it.cheers
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
Leadcity has more accredited courses than RUN and some other ones. If its because of unaccredited courses,then other school's licenses including state and federal schools should be suspended as well.
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
Lead city na skul? Dt skul shld b called sodom n gomorrah pt2. D day i went dere, i ws so suprised at wot d students were wering nt to talk abt d free movement in d skul.
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by enyojo(f): 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
[size=13pt]NUC IS THE VIRUS THAT IS CRUMBLING NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES. GHANIAN UNIVERSITIES ARE BUSY REAPING FROM THIS ALBATROSS OF NUC!
SINCE THE PRESENT NUC LEADERSHIP ASSUMED OFFICE, THEY HAVE FOUGHT LEAD CITY UNI TO A STAND-STILL. [/size]
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by mctemmy(f): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2012
Amusaopeyemi: Lead city na skul? Dt skul shld b called sodom n gomorrah pt2. D day i went dere, i ws so suprised at wot d students were wering nt to talk abt d free movement in d skul.
@amusa what will somebody like u be duin in dat decent school?or r u one of d aristoesour boys r dating?
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by tete7000(m): 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
soe:

source:http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/43772-no-justification-for-nucs-suspension-of-licence-lead-city
Accreditation is not the only issue mentioned. Examination and its administration are part of the issues. Many of these universities do not conduct fair exams in their schools.

1 Like

Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Dablunt(m): 7:13am On Jul 07, 2012
yuzedo: I agree! NUC shoud NOT have suspended Lead City's Licence!!! angry angry angry

WHATZ WRONG WITH OUR COUNTRY
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by kobikwelu(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2012
hey guys instead of WASTING time in nigerian schools why dont you go a step further?? the USA..

contrary to public opininon that it is difficult to attend, all you have to do is plan early and your dream would become a realitY in addition to snagging a scholarship. i am a living testimony!!!
ALL it takes is PLANNING!!! checkit out www.justjanded.com

it is absolutely free
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Ezira: 9:17am On Jul 07, 2012
Musiwa2: correct process is for the NUC to invite the VC of this universities and also invite the CEO of banks or rep central bank to a meeting. You help the universities to get loan. or if the NUC have the money you give it to them. The role of NUC is to make for a better universities system and not destroy the system.

Not suspend them. You can issue warning Or suspend program. Not their licence.

My brother Musiwa2, I can see your great love for Leads and the pictures you posted. I do not wish to join issues with you, but as a staff of NUC, I feel a deep sense of responsibility to put the record straight. What makes a university thick is not only about structures, neither is it PR on social media. NUC is interested in improving access to university education while assuring on quality in the Nigerian University System and cannot just suspend Leads license just on personal vendetta or the like, considering the teaming Nigerian youths who go through pains to secure admission. The management of Leads knows the problem (quality). You showed pictures of buildings but failed to show us pictures of the labs, libraries, academic staff/student distribution and how many professors they have. I advise they go to court and not National Assembly. Cheers
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2012
I now see why wizkid chose music over leadcity. . .if only they could change the name of the school to CRUDEOIL city or GOLDCITY NUC would surely let them be grin and almost all MAULAG students would start seeking admission there shocked cheesy
Re: Lead City: No Justification For Licence Suspension by Musiwa2: 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
F

(1) (2) (Reply)

Total/elf Scholarship / No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls / Apply Now For NIIT Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.