Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? (3882 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Apc Claims Buhari Is Responsible For The U-17 World Cup Victory / Obama's Media Team Responsible For APC's "CHANGE" Campaign - Washington FB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by jerrymania(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2007
OBJ: my Greatgrand Father (RIP) used to tell me that the decay started back in the late 70's after Festac'77. He blames OBJ even till today that he invited all the witch and occultic heads in the world to Nigeria, so they are actually making things difficult.
IBB: i was actually living well in his reign,my Dad a Doctor used to buy crates of soft drinks everysingle day, and i never ran out of pocket money. But most elderly men today hate IBB and say he is responsible fo what Nigeria is today

or is it Ojukwu, Abacha or our Colonial Masters?
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by willy4: 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2007
YORUBA/HAUSA and their Good Friend FULANI were Responsible for the woes and Nigerian descend towards doom
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Dreloaded(f): 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2007
Iwu is Yoruba now?
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Dec 03, 2007
Tribalism reigns supreme in here. lmao!!!!!
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Iman3(m): 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2007
@topic

Ordinary Nigerians . . . . .at least,according to many on this forum.[i]You and I [/i]are responsible grin
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 04, 2007
willy-willy don dey blame Yoruba man again abi? grin
The foundations for the problems with Nigeria were laid in 1914 and cemented in 1966 by Yakubu Gowon.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by spicie: 2:57am On Dec 04, 2007
my dear landers lets not blame a tribe or any ethinic. army are are sole responsible for everything happened in this country, and mind you army is a junta the dont have language, tribe or religion. soldier is soldier. god punish them.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by spicie: 2:58am On Dec 04, 2007
my dear landers lets not blame a tribe or any ethinic. army are sole responsible for everything happened in this country, and mind you army is a junta the dont have language, tribe or religion. soldier is soldier. god punish them.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by spicie: 2:58am On Dec 04, 2007
my dear landers lets not blame a tribe or any ethinic. army are sole responsible for everything happened in this country, and mind you army is a junta the dont have language, tribe or religion. soldier is soldier. god punish them.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Dec 04, 2007
spicie:

my dear landers lets not blame a tribe or any ethinic. army are sole responsible for everything happened in this country, and mind you army is a junta the don't have language, tribe or religion. soldier is soldier. god punish them.

Oh Come on. When are Nigerians themselves going to take responsibilty for their own inaction?? We ALLOWED the army to continue to ruin us as we instead like cowards continued to live in fear. We are the ones who would not speak up and fight for our rights all that time. We are the ones who did not and may still not want a better Nigeria bad enough. When are we going to stop passing around the blame and put it where it belongs?? We have people in here who have benefitted from free money. We have people in here who want to get paid for not doing anything. We have people in here who will see crime and turn away. Come on!! We are the reason the country is where it is today. You think say if millions of Nigeria yari, this country will remain the same?? People like OBJ, IBB and the other goons there are riding on the fact that they see us all as cowards. Until we stand, unite as a people and say enough, nothing much is going to happen. We are slowly watching different countries come in now to tear off a bite of the country wherever they can and we all sit saying WIND OF CHANGE IS BLOWING. LMAO!!!! I am telling you, if Nigerians decided to say NO MORE and actually did something like wake up tommorow and matched around Aso Rock one time, those people will shake in their boots and realize that we mean business this time. Sunny Okosun said it best, TOGETHER WE ARE GREATER, TOGETHER!!
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by 9jaEzim: 4:32am On Dec 04, 2007
THE ANSWER TO WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR NIGERIA HAS ALREADY BEING ANSWERED.

IT IS NIGERIA, IT'S NATION AND PEOPLE.

TYPICAL TO POINT FINGERS AT PEOPLE IN POWER OR THAT OF TRIBES, BUT OUR VOICES REMAIN MUFFLED BECAUSE WE ARE NOT SPEAKING IN THE DIRECTION OF PROGRESS AND ADVANCEMENT INTO THE FUTURE, BUT RATHER OF CONFLICTING VIEWPOINTS INSPIRED BY OUR PERSONAL INTEREST RATHER THAN THE COUNTRIES INTEREST. WE NEED TO LEARN THAT SATISFACTION CANNOT BE GUARANTEED TO ALL.

what i am trying to say is we need to start a domino's effect in which will be continuous echo and strengthen the message that we have failed in the past but Nigeria needs to be reborn of a nation with a more civilized and united mentality

forgive me people but i simply don't see any thing wrong with getting some influence from the western world, after all there is a high rate of poverty, unemployment, and issues that Nigeria can relate to the only difference is the ideas that the Chinese man too from the west have be modified to be better and more advance, now china threatens the trades of the west with it widespread interest in Africa.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by YangaRat: 6:50am On Dec 04, 2007
Una grammar don dey too much.

Na ordinary electric light when no dey for Nigeria, na him dey kill us, and na all those biggi-belle teef people when no gree make light no dey at all for Nigeria because of how den dey gain for this darkness, na them be the san-sand when dey we garri.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by jerrymania(m): 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2007
seeing that the world will soon come to an end, are u sure Nieria will be great before then?
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Truequest(m): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2007
Greatness can start with you. All nations of the world started with one man so be the man
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by jerrymania(m): 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2007
Truequest:

Greatness can start with you. All nations of the world started with one man so be the man

True talk my brother but u see, this is the same cunning way those pastors deviate from the real issues and divert answers,use our brain, so they can collect our little montly salaries and last pennies. I think they (most of them) should be held accountable too
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by smile4kenn(m): 9:00am On Dec 05, 2007
Lady Lugard
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Blatant: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2007
Nigerians in totality are responsible for it.

if you disagree, i'll prove it
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by smile4kenn(m): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2007
we dont need your prove
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by folem: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2007
Blatant:

Nigerians in totality are responsible for it.

if you disagree, i'll prove it

1 way to prove it.

Take away all Nigerians to e.g a Western Country like US (since so many Nigerians play the Visa Lottery) and then bring all the Americans to Nigeria and before you Know it, 20 years down the line all the "Old Nigerians" will be playing another Visa Lottery to relocate back "Home".
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2007
folem:

1 way to prove it.

Take away all Nigerians to e.g a Western Country like US (since so many Nigerians play the Visa Lottery) and then bring all the Americans to Nigeria and before you Know it, 20 years down the line all the "Old Nigerians" will be playing another Visa Lottery to relocate back "Home".

LMAO!!!!!
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Blatant: 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
smile4kenn:

we don't need your prove

I take it you wanted to write 'proof'
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Blatant: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2007
folem:

1 way to prove it.

hilarious
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by Seun(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2007
Nigeria wasn't that great in the past, to be sincere. People just didn't know what they were missing. wink
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by jerrymania(m): 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2007
folem:

1 way to prove it.

Though it may be a joke but its very False.

lets take a look at it tribalistically , the hausa man would invest and trust me would also buy enough mansions in his former country-they can be wise in spending and making money, the ibo man will definitely boost his trade and dont tell me every ibo man would squander the wealth and benefits to then dream of coming back- they would make more money, all talk of the yoruba's them-more opportunity to catch fun,same time getting d best education, and investing,making money and displaying luxuries- result? becoming more stronger and wealthier, Edo men- we love to groove and We dey use our head well - we will never be poor. other tribes too will use common sense.

and even a common nigeria should know that this kind of opportunity nor be waste even if he wants to flex, i think we would be better of.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by jerrymania(m): 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2007
Seun:

Nigeria wasn't that great in the past, to be sincere. People just didn't know what they were missing. wink

i dont understand your sincerity. are u saying Nigeria wasnt great at all or were great but not that Great? I think you meant Nigeria was great, but the decay started when People just didn't know what they were missing.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by emmydee(m): 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2007
everyone who has held public posts is responsible for the nations decay. they made the essential decisions that ruined this nation period.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by kosiie: 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2007
our past and present leaders, our fathers, our mothers, our friends, me and YOU cry

rather than focus on who is responsible for the decay, lets proffer solutions on the way 4ward.
our nation might be decayed now but what do you see it become tomorrow shocked
u and i 've a part to play, play ur part and u'll have no decay to worry about no more
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by equlibrium(m): 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2007
NA me now so make una com get me!!!!!!!!!! Like say all of una no knw u run una dwn,   (Hiss and leaves tread)
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by oldie(m): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2007
The thieving and conniving civil/public servants!
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by steeee(m): 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2007
I think the problem with Nigeria decay over the years can be put at two factors one being leadership at all level and we the follwers
We have not been a good follower . And the leaders even though Britian is running the country with the fulani's who are culturally not ambitions we should try and get over it and liberate our people from the shackes of poverty .
What Nigerian needs today is a civil revolution we issues are been anchor and medoicres will be shown the way out
All of us need to start impacting positively in our immediate community and be responsible for our actions
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by subice(m): 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2007
Two things; all the past leaders we have had that displayed bad leadership and governance, and then the military heads of state of course.
Re: Who Is Responsible For Nigeria's Decay? by miky(m): 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2007
nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Really Better Than Their Leaders / 10 Lag Buses Seized In Ota, After Fashola Impounded Obasanjo’s Farm Vehicle. / Is Ombatse Chief Baba Alakyo Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.