Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Niit Or Where ? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Niit Or Where ? (1676 Views)

Niit Program Offer / Animation In Naija Aptech Or Niit Or Anyother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niit Or Where ? by sucre2(m): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,
I need your candid advice on this matter, i want to go fully into IT and i have decided to go for GRAPHICS using PHOTOSHOP but the challenge i face now is where to study it. A friend of mine adviced NIIT is definitely not the best place for me. Please i need you guys to suggest a place i can study the course..
Re: Niit Or Where ? by bigl: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2012
Get video tutorials for photoshop, visit photoshopcafe.com, get guys who ar into that field and move with them. They'll jump start ur journey.
Meanwhile, run as far as u can from niit. U'll only read text books. Besides, they don't offer anytin close to multimedia or graphics
Re: Niit Or Where ? by ugo2u(m): 11:25am On Jul 17, 2012
sucre!!:
Hello Nairalanders,
I need your candid advice on this matter, i want to go fully into IT and i have decided to go for GRAPHICS using PHOTOSHOP but the challenge i face now is where to study it. A friend of mine adviced NIIT is definitely not the best place for me. Please i need you guys to suggest a place i can study the course..

I have this advice for you, NIIT may not be the best to "teach" you photoshop, but the connections you will get from there and the certificate is really important. I was free lancing or years and decided to finish my NIIT course that has been running or years because I thought it wasnt important.

I finished it on april and they recommended me or a job and voila I am now working as a graphics artist and the starting salary was sweet.

My advice is you may know photoshop inside out but if you are planning to get a job you need paper backing and NIIT is the most recognized in this country for now. If you wish to go there have in mind that it is for the certificate and not the skills.
Re: Niit Or Where ? by ugo2u(m): 11:25am On Jul 17, 2012
sucre!!:
Hello Nairalanders,

I have this advice for you, NIIT may not be the best to "teach" you photoshop, but the connections you will get from there and the certificate is really important. I was free lancing or years and decided to finish my NIIT course that has been running or years because I thought it wasnt important.

I finished it on april and they recommended me or a job and voila I am now working as a graphics artist and the starting salary was sweet.

My advice is you may know photoshop inside out but if you are planning to get a job you need paper backing and NIIT is the most recognized in this country for now. If you wish to go there have in mind that it is for the certificate and not the skills.
Re: Niit Or Where ? by sucre2(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2012
ugo_2u:

Thank you very much for the advice. I understand now that Niit is for the certificate alone. I think I might attend Niit and still move with guys who are fully into the game cause I feel I still need connection from Niit. Please correct me of I am wrong.
Re: Niit Or Where ? by cashflow: 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
i am also thinking of graph.helo,you that is now working as graph artist.didn't they teach you Photoshop.and how long does this program run?
Re: Niit Or Where ? by ugo2u(m): 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
cashflow: i am also thinking of graph.helo,you that is now working as graph artist.didn't they teach you Photoshop.and how long does this program run?

They did teach photoshop, but the method is linear, more like reading from a textbook actually. so I had to go source out video tutorial and even pay for video tuts and learned on my own. And if you are a fan of reading textbooks there are like six of them they will give you too grin

(1) (Reply)

3D Design & Rendering / 2d And 3d Motion Cartoon / 20 Of The Most Colorful Cities Found On The Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.