Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

This Musician Called 9ice! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Musician Called 9ice! (1273 Views)

How Old Is that musician called JJC? / 9ice Asking Yemi Alade For Autograph (Photo) / 2face Idibia: Richest Musician In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Musician Called 9ice! by ayobase(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
As a practicing deejay for like 5years, I can't remember when last I played any of his tracks in clubs or parties or shows.

The Naija musicians I listen to when I'm alone are Lagbaja, Beautiful Nubia, 9ice, Asa, Timi, Shola Allyson et al coupled with some old schools....Roy Chicago, KSA, Kollington, Barrister and the likes.

9ice? he is very distinct from his self adulation tracks to sexual/love tracks to party tracks to indigenous heavy tracks spiced with realities and core proverbs.

One needs to listen well enough to his tracks to know he is not grandiloquent. He remains conspicuous to every tribe despite his style, he is never been accused of plagiarism (to hell with those that are trying to besmirch him), his lyrical syntax is unusual and perplexing.

His is a guy with tracks standing the test of decades for the posterity to come. I'm sure our 'progenitors' are proud of him wherever they are.

His calmness, soothing voice, uncommon beats, lyrics and mien are superb!

I won't regret 9ice being chosen over this generation musicians if music industry is based on hobson's choice.

I recalled him performing ''ganja'' some yrs back during the launch of Ruggedman's fashion label!

What a man with unique lyrics and uncommon beats!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Finest Africa’s Actor? Van Vicker Or Majid Michel ? / Sesan Ogunro Snr Buried (PHOTOS) / Download: Blackmagic Ft. Vector, Phyno & Reminisce - Africa (remix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.