Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Career In Hr - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career In Hr (914 Views)

Why Not Consider A Career In HR; See Why* / The Biggest Mistake I See On Resumes - Google Head Of HR / Career In HR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career In Hr by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Career In Hr by tanimola22: 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
teenuharde: Good day everyone ,
I'm need your advice pls, I'm a graduate of communication and language arts from UI and I would love to pursue my career in the human resources field .I finished youth service Feb 2012 n I've not been able to get a job cos I'm not sound when it comes to calculations. I've written several aptitude tests but I end up not making the required score . I've checked Cipm website for their calendar but I'll have to wait till next Feb to register for the class. In order not to be idle I'm considering registering for a diploma in customer relations course with careerforte cos I also love customer relations , I don't want to make a mistake career wise.also do I have to be a member of cipm in order to work in the hr field cos I heard I'll have to deal with calculations in the exams too . Kindly advise me on steps to take . Thank you all

Hey baby,

There are many junior HR officers who are not members of CIPM. Your background is sound enough for a career in HR. HR requires people who are well-spoken; you obviously are one of such people.

Your choice is in line with your interest. I therefore think that you are not on the wrong path. The calculations in CIPM are mild. With focused practice, you can easily master them well. The problem with aptitude test calculations is that they can come from anywhere because they are not course of study dependent. HR calculations, on the other hand, must address HR issues that you must have come across during preparation. So don't fear too much, okay baby smiley

Have fun!

T22

1 Like

Re: Career In Hr by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
Re: Career In Hr by spicyv1(f): 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
teenuharde: Good day everyone ,
I'm need your advice pls, I'm a graduate of communication and language arts from UI and I would love to pursue my career in the human resources field .I finished youth service Feb 2012 n I've not been able to get a job cos I'm not sound when it comes to calculations. I've written several aptitude tests but I end up not making the required score . I've checked Cipm website for their calendar but I'll have to wait till next Feb to register for the class. In order not to be idle I'm considering registering for a diploma in customer relations course with careerforte cos I also love customer relations , I don't want to make a mistake career wise.also do I have to be a member of cipm in order to work in the hr field cos I heard I'll have to deal with calculations in the exams too . Kindly advise me on steps to take . Thank you all

You have cleared outlined what you want, a career in HR. You have also taken out time to discover the relevant certification required and when to enroll for it. Now all you need is FOCUS and DETERMINATION! With focus, you shouldn't be thinking θf another course in Customer relations, instead, go online and search for top HR firms and approach them for the purpose θf volunteering so you can learn the ropes and gather experience whilst you wait for the enrollment next year.

With determination, you will scale through any hurdle (the calculations) that comes with becoming a certifiedHR practitioner.
Cheers dear.

Ps: the sky is not your limit, your thoughts are!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Technical Aids Corps, Federal Ministry Of Foriegn Affairs Interview. / Medical Doctors In The House Assist A Colleague!!! / Science Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.