Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. (37224 Views)

Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland / Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by Abagworo(m): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
From personal interaction, I believe the richest town in Igboland is Nnewi. By this I mean the town with the highest number of the wealthy both home and abroad. The other rich but smaller town is Abiriba then Nkwerre. I will like to have a picture of those quality mansions scattered across these towns.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
Awka Etiti,Oraukwu,Ichida and Umuoji has very wealthy ppl with beautiful mansion scathered everywhere! My town Umuoji is very big and ppl marvel when they hit my town. Almost every family has a mansion in my town. I dont have pictures because i havent been home but I will get some oneday.

2 Likes

Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by odumchi: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
This is just a suggestion: how about changing the name of the thread from "richest town" to something less controversial like "the town with the highest concentration of millionaires"? Not that it matters much, but it's just that we wouldn't want people to take this the wrong way. Besides, I don't think having a high concentration of wealthy individuals technically makes a town/locality prosperous. Look at the Ekiti state example.

Anyway, back to your topic....
What about Onitsha and Owerri?
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by achi4u(m): 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
Richest town with lowest development.

Nnewi the Japan of African with no single road.

mtcheeeew!
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by AndreUweh(m): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
In Imo state, it is Aro-Ndizuogu.
Abia---Abiriba.
Anioma-Igbuzo
Enugu--Nkanu.
Ebonyi--Abakiliki
Anambra--Nnewi.
Upland Rivers--ONELGA.

4 Likes

Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
Lol, richest town compared to what? Are we using Human Development Indexes or GDP? Or is it the ñara ñara townspeople who erect mansions for themselves, but yet have nothing to show for the development of their community?
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by Abagworo(m): 1:03am On Jul 09, 2012
odumchi: This is just a suggestion: how about changing the name of the thread from "richest town" to something less controversial like "the town with the highest concentration of millionaires"? Not that it matters much, but it's just that we wouldn't want people to take this the wrong way. Besides, I don't think having a high concentration of wealthy individuals technically makes a town/locality prosperous. Look at the Ekiti state example.

Anyway, back to your topic....
What about Onitsha and Owerri?

You are right in a way but I do not want people to confuse it with settled cities like Aba and Onitsha but hometowns. For example Ekenedilichukwu was from Nnewi but based in Onitsha. I counted him as an Nnewi millionaire and not Onitsha.
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:36am On Jul 09, 2012
Richest town in Igboland is undoubtebly Nnewi aka Anaedo...Nwanne Umu Anaedo nwelu aku na uba pulu iche! Not forgeting Awka etiti too. I also have heard about the exploits of Abriba ppl but I dont have much info. on them.

2 Likes

Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by ITbomb(m): 2:38am On Jul 09, 2012
How come nobody is talking about Mbaise

2 Likes

Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by ChinenyeN(m): 2:54am On Jul 09, 2012
ITbomb: How come nobody is talking about Mbaise
Because some people tend to only have one annoying thing to say about Mbaise, and it has nothing to do with riches.
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by ChinenyeN(m): 3:03am On Jul 09, 2012
"Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions"
Couldn't this title (i.e. this premise for determining the richest town) possibly be a little unfair to some?

1 Like

Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by Obiagu1(m): 3:30am On Jul 09, 2012
In Anambra, we have Nnewi, Awka Etiti and Neni.
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:57am On Jul 09, 2012
Obiagu1: In Anambra, we have Nnewi, Awka Etiti and Neni.

Bros,Neni dont have wealth compared to Amichi,Oraukwo or even Umuoji my hometown.
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by Abagworo(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Bros,Neni dont have wealth compared to Amichi,Oraukwo or even Umuoji my hometown.

Most communities in the densely populated part of Igboland can be considered to have several millionaires compared with the less dense part. The Orlu-Nkwerre-Isu-Ideato-Awka Etiti-Orumba-Ekwulobia-Nnewi-Idemili-Ihiala axis is definitely more concentrated with millionaires. That is also where most Igbos are from and by far the most densely populated part of Nigeria.

Oraukwu and Umuoji fall into that belt but Nnewi is definitely the King. The other wealthy belt in Igboland is the Item-Abiriba-Ohafia-Arochukwu axis.
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
You made a valid point!
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by nonso84(m): 10:17am On Aug 13, 2012
Odenigbo, you are very correct, i'm from oraukwu, most times i visit home, i marvel at the mansions we have in every nook and cranny of oraukwu.
I also agrre Nnewi is indeed among the richest but their wealthy has not really been seen in their various communities-
'aku ruo uno'
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by kunlejazz(m): 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
When it comes to Mansions, I'd say Awka Etiti then Ichida cool
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by mallorca(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Odenigbo Nwanne,the list is not be completed without Osumenyi
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by 1kingwriter: 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2018
Whenever this topic comes up, Nnewi is reverred for one reason - they have more industrialists when compared to other town. And many of them have their factories at home.

Awkaetiti has a lot of mind blowing structures but little or no industries. So is Ichida and other neighboring towns.

Google - The Nnewi phenomenon
Re: Town with the highest concentration of millionaires and mansions In Igboland. by theDEVILisHERE: 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
Stupid thread
When Biafra comes all this vanity crap would be thrown to the dustbin

(1) (Reply)

Olubadan, Oba Saliu Enjoying Valentine With Two Of His Wives / Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Royal Dance Step After Prayers While His Wives Watch(pi / Are Light Skinned Black Women More Beautiful Than Dark Skinned Black Women? Y?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.