Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians (1800 Views)

This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians by aristole(m): 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2007
i was opportuned to visit united states sometimes ago and my experience on sundays was always appaulling and pathetic.i had to walk for hours before i got a church and again surprisingly,the church was filled up by old folks.asked some people that claimed christianity:they said it's not compulsory.that the doctrine of going to church on sundays is not biblical
Re: Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians by dafidixone(m): 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2007
was opportuned to visit united states sometimes ago and my experience on sundays was always appaulling and pathetic.i had to walk for hours before i got a church and again surprisingly,the church was filled up by old folks.asked some people that claimed christianity:they said it's not compulsory.that the doctrine of going to church on sundays is not biblical

First and foremost get this fact: American standard is not the acceptable Spiritual standard for God.

The Bible says, "Do not forsake the gathering of other believers" Church is one of those gathering.

Going to the Temple on the sabbath was compulsory for the Isrealite and form the Life of Jesus, He attend temple service regularly.

A Christian must walk in His step. Go to Church it is a good thought.
Re: Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians by babs787(m): 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2007
@dafidizone

The Bible says, "Do not forsake the gathering of other believers" Church is one of those gathering.

Who are the 'other believers' used therein. Where was is it included that church is part of such gathering?

A Christian must walk in His step. Go to Church it is a good thought.

Is it compulsory to go to church?
Is there any punishment for not going to church?
Cant someone be performing praises and worship in his house without even stepping any church.
Can a christian that doesnt go to church but does his prayer at home go to heaven?

Thank you.
Re: Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians by janami(f): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2007
faith cometh by hearing,
going to church for the right reasons and not just cos u feel it is a culture to go every sunday. When i dont feel like attending church for one reason or the other, wild horses can't pull me there. I rather commune with God for some fulfilling minuite in my room
Re: Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2007
babs787:

@dafidizone

Who are the 'other believers' used therein. Where was is it included that church is part of such gathering?

Hebrews 10 vs 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

episunagw == from epi - epi 1909 and sunagw - sunago 4863; to collect upon the same place:--gather (together).;
a complete collection; especially a Christian meeting (for worship):--assembling (gathering) together.

-----mh egkataleiponteV thn episunagwghn eautwn kaqwV eqoV tisin alla parakalounteV kai tosoutw mallon osw blepete eggizousan thn hmeran ---10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Jesus Himself saw fit to go to the temple, even knowing that the some of the leaders were corrupt. He paid his temple tax and did all not in service to man but to God. Going to the temple(Church) to worship and fellowship has been central in the Christian belief from way before Christ's time. God commanded his people to construct temples and gather unto him from the very beginning and same goes on today.

If Jesus, the one you claim to be a follower of, saw fit to travel miles to fellowship and worship in the temple, Why is it too much for you, Jesus follower, to follow in your master's footsteps in this??

Punishment is reserved for those who are disobedient to God's command or turn a deaf ear to his words of wisdom. Look to God for answers.

Cant someone be performing praises and worship in his house without even stepping any church.

God is the one your praises and worship are directed at. He would be the best person to tell you if your praises and worship are acceptable or not.

Can a christian that doesnt go to church but does his prayer at home go to heaven?

God is the one who has power to allow or deny persons access to his abode. You are best to ask him if you really want to know the answer to this question.
Re: Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians by dafidixone(m): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2007

Thank you.

I have not said it is compulsory but it is important to attend a Church (A bible beleiving church) there you will be able to learn more about Christ. Apart form that, going to Church will answer Christ request or Prayer as written in John 17:21. " That they all may be one".

There are no punishment for not joining a church. however, you may not enjoy some benefit ssociated with moving with fellow beleivers.

If you choose to worship at home fine but make sure you worship in truth and in Spirit.

Church is not part of Criteria for Heaven seeking. But it is must be noted that if truelly you beleive in Christ you will obey His words. "Do not forsake the gathering of other beleivers.

Finally, i will like you to read the Act of Apostle and learn the original ways of life of early beleivers. I am sure you will get the clear understanding of why you must go to church.

Go to Church it is a good thought! grin
Re: Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians by otokx(m): 4:28am On Dec 06, 2007
Definitely Not.

(1) (Reply)

FORBES LIST, AMERICAN MILITARY BASES AND SKYSCRAPERS IN THE BIBLE / Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an / 5 Reasons Why Atheists Are Wrong!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.