Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! (1293 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
Hello All, I want to move house and today I went with the realtor to check on some apartments. After having checked three of them and we move on to the fourth which is just lovely as it has all my requiremments and more. The problem now is that there's a tree just outside the gate whose branches hang over it and this tree has been taken over b birds and their nests. As a matter of fact, there are at least 20 nests in that tree. The problem for me isn't the birds or their nests per se, but the mess they constitute, I noticed some whitish spots on the ground. I'm worried about a bird pooping on me if I were coming in or going out, which is an unignorable likelihood. So, please, o ye good people of nairaland, how do I overcome this issue, I need to chase them from that tree but how?
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by cog1: 8:05am On Jul 10, 2012
Op,all you need do is,
Shed off some or most of the branches,after you've moved in,
that would significantly reduce the population.
And eventually reduce the nuisance they cause.
You could hire 1 or 2 hands for the task
or do it yourself.
With time,anyway,you'll hardly notice their presence,cos they would be fewer.
Remember though that trees provide shade and
Are an important part of ecosystem ecological balance,
For another thing,they help to make the environment airy.
So its not totally a disadvantage.
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
I agree with your reply except that it's branch are directly over the only entrance thus my worry. Plus my to-be neighbours seem cool with it, and I don't want to be Mr.Too Know if you know what I mean, I would really appreciate a discreet method. Thanks.
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by EfemenaXY: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
fresh_dude: Hello All, I want to move house and today I went with the realtor to check on some apartments. After having checked three of them and we move on to the fourth which is just lovely as it has all my requiremments and more. The problem now is that there's a tree just outside the gate whose branches hang over it and this tree has been taken over b birds and their nests. As a matter of fact, there are at least 20 nests in that tree. The problem for me isn't the birds or their nests per se, but the mess they constitute, I noticed some whitish spots on the ground. I'm worried about a bird pooping on me if I were coming in or going out, which is an unignorable likelihood. So, please, o ye good people of nairaland, how do I overcome this issue, I need to chase them from that tree but how?

Is there anyway you can saw off the overhanging branches?

My main concern here would be the health risks / hazards associated with bird faeces and droppings, and not the eco-system / whether you look cool or uncool. Infact, it's better to be uncool and safe / healthy than to be cool but living in an unhealthy environment.

Here's something you might want to read:

Large populations of roosting birds may present the risk of disease to people nearby. The most serious health risks arise from disease organisms that can grow in the nutrient-rich accumulations of bird droppings, feathers and debris under a roost — particularly if roosts have been active for years. External parasites also may become a problem when infested birds or bats leave roosts or nests. The parasites then can invade buildings and bite people.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/hb/hbb&bdrp.htm
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
^u just scared d bruda!

Watch him return d keys to d apartment grin
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by EfemenaXY: 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Lol!

Madam ID, how far now?

Long time my sister... cheesy
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: Lol!

Madam ID, how far now?

Long time my sister... cheesy
Missed u o! I dey wia u put me sha! I c family sec is ur newly found spot she! Carry go! Na u na kiss
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by EfemenaXY: 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
Not really o!

Sometimes I flirt with the Literary section and;

Sometimes I dey touch base, but you're never there naw!

Besides, e be like say your disciples Jackie Chan & 007 don get small money do gender change grin grin grin

Missed U 2 babes kiss kiss kiss
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
@Efemena, thanks darl. I don hear, that would be my first assignment after moving in. @Sexy Mama, what's good babes?
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
fresh_dude: @Sexy Mama, what's good babes?
Am good chocolate muffin! Shey make I come for spare key? wink cheesy
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: Not really o!

Sometimes I flirt with the Literary section and;

Sometimes I dey touch base, but you're never there naw!

Besides, e be like say your disciples Jackie Chan & 007 don get small money do gender change grin grin grin

Missed U 2 babes kiss kiss kiss

I dey feel ur once upon a time series dem for d lit sect o! Asanwa, u some exceptional breed.U go mama! kiss
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by EfemenaXY: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2012
^^ Thanks babes cheesy kiss
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by braveheart2012(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
Why are you so bothered if the other neighbors are fine with it? My biggest concern would be the noise (birds make lots of noise at dusk and dawn).

If you really LOVE the place, rent it, get friendly with the other neighbors and then get all of them to act in concert to convince the landlord to cut down the tree or trim the branches. This is not a big deal and is definitely NOT worthy of an entire thread in the FAMILY section.
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
braveheart2012: is definitely NOT worthy of an entire thread in the FAMILY section.
In ur opinion abi? undecided
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Am good chocolate muffin! Shey make I come for spare key? wink cheesy
Sweety no dey use dis kain tin play abeg. If you can't have the spare who could? Holla at your boy.
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
braveheart2012: Why are you so bothered if the other neighbors are fine with it? My biggest concern would be the noise (birds make lots of noise at dusk and dawn).

If you really LOVE the place, rent it, get friendly with the other neighbors and then get all of them to act in concert to convince the landlord to cut down the tree or trim the branches. This is not a big deal and is definitely NOT worthy of an entire thread in the FAMILY section.
You're quite funny. I thought of putting it in the Programming/NYSC/Celebrities sectios but they're all saturated hence my decision to open it here. smh.
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by EfemenaXY: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
fresh_dude: You're quite funny. I thought of putting it in the Programming/NYSC/Celebrities sectios but they're all saturated hence my decision to open it here. smh.

Lol! Na wa oh grin grin grin
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
fresh_dude: You're quite funny. I thought of putting it in the Programming/NYSC/Celebrities sectios but they're all saturated hence my decision to open it here. smh.
Lmfao! Naughty boi grin
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
fresh_dude: Sweety no dey use dis kain tin play abeg. If you can't have the spare who could? Holla at your boy.
Awwwh.....

Dont I feel special.....

On my way wiv cutlass, time to go alll Shina Rambo wiv dem branches.
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Awwwh.....

Dont I feel special.....

On my way wiv cutlass, time to go alll Shina Rambo wiv dem branches.
Woohoo! That's me bebe. Come come come baby, there's a lot to cut. *singing ''when I ride, I wanna ride with a gangsta chick''*
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Lmfao! Naughty boi grin
No mind am jare, e dey show himself.
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
fresh_dude: Woohoo! That's me bebe. Come come come baby, there's a lot to cut. *singing ''when I ride, I wanna ride with a gangsta chick''*
Lwkmd! Gangster chick ke! A whole Mary magdalene like me!

Ayam innocent o!
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by braveheart2012(m): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
fresh_dude: You're quite funny. I thought of putting it in the Programming/NYSC/Celebrities sections but they're all saturated hence my decision to open it here. smh.

How about the Properties section? What does a tree full of shitting birds have to do with families? Instead of being grateful for whatever responses you got, you're coming back with "clever" retorts. If you were indeed trying to be clever in your post, you failed spectacularly.

Here are the facts:

1) You had a relatively basic, minor issue about 20 bird nests in front of an apartment you have NOT even rented yet.
2) Instead of figuring this out on your own (or just doing a simple Google search), you opened a thread in a section dedicated to discussions about family issues to ask about how to chase away birds from a tree. It's not THAT complicated oga!

I understand that you may not be the brightest person in the world, but I truly struggle to understand what you had hoped to achieve with this thread. What kind of advice were you hoping for besides: "remove the nests", "cut down the tree", "cut down some branches", "burn the tree"? Even a primary school kid can figure out how to get rid of bird nests and you're a grown man for crying-out loud!

Idowuogbo:
In ur opinion abi? undecided

And what is your contribution to this thread? Did you follow one of your customers here from the Romance Section or is business just slow tonight?
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by EfemenaXY: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2012
^^ But it makes for a refreshing change though, doesn't it?

I mean we're often bombarded with bedroom issues, re: he/she cheated, do I divorce him/her?

and now recently we're getting kitchen issues, re: he/she eats all the meat in the pot cheesy cheesy

so now, we're being presented with a...(cough)...garden issue cool

1 Like

Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Lwkmd! Gangster chick ke! A whole Mary magdalene like me!

Ayam innocent o!
Mary what? Please.
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
braveheart2012:

How about the Properties section? What does a tree full of shitting birds have to do with families? Instead of being grateful for whatever responses you got, you're coming back with "clever" retorts. If you were indeed trying to be clever in your post, you failed spectacularly.

Here are the facts:

1) You had a relatively basic, minor issue about 20 bird nests in front of an apartment you have NOT even rented yet.
2) Instead of figuring this out on your own (or just doing a simple Google search), you opened a thread in a section dedicated to discussions about family issues to ask about how to chase away birds from a tree. It's not THAT complicated oga!

I understand that you may not be the brightest person in the world, but I truly struggle to understand what you had hoped to achieve with this thread. What kind of advice were you hoping for besides: "remove the nests", "cut down the tree", "cut down some branches", "burn the tree"? Even a primary school kid can figure out how to get rid of bird nests and you're a grown man for crying-out loud!
I was going to right a long epistle till I saw your last statement. Who would have thought I was engaging with a Primary 5 pupil. I have to admit though, you are precocious, you should consider the taking Common Entrance exam, who knows what use you might be in the future.

1 Like

Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
braveheart2012:

Here are the facts:

And what is your contribution to this thread? Did you follow one of your customers here from the Romance Section or is business just slow tonight?
Emmh... Excuse me! Is some screws missing in ur upstairs? I think ur so called brain needs to be jump started. I only asked a Question, y u going off on 1
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by braveheart2012(m): 11:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
fresh_dude: I was going to right a long epistle till I saw your last statement. Who would have thought I was engaging with a Primary 5 pupil. I have to admit though, you are precocious, you should consider the taking Common Entrance exam, who knows what use you might be in the future.

Gosh! You're stupider than sheep. Now I see why 20 bird nests completely befuddled you, turned your world upside down and sent you running to Nairaland! Bloody corn pap for brains!

Idowuogbo:
Emmh... Excuse me! Is some screws missing in ur upstairs? I think ur so called brain needs to be jump started. I only asked a Question, y u going off on 1

Look at her dirty mouth like "is some screws missing in ur upstairs"! Is this what you call English? Stop it! You're embarrassing yourself.
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 3:00am On Jul 11, 2012
braveheart2012:
Is this what you call English?
No..

Happy now?

Azzzhole!
Re: Flock Nuisance-please Help!!! by braveheart2012(m): 3:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:
No..

Happy now?

Azzzhole!

You're welcome! Stay blessed! grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

White Puppy For Sale 18k Call Now!! / World's Ugliest Dog 2017 / Is Dis Dog A Gsd?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.