Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,210 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? (25712 Views)

Can A SSCE Holder Go For Programming/hacking? / Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? / Best Operating System For Programming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
SwagForce1: Which one is best laptop for programming again? This forum is inhabited by funny folks.

Someonejust recommended Alienware Laptop to you, if you are interested in it I've got one for sell. look up the link I've included
https://www.nairaland.com/968816/alienware-mi5x-sale-220k#11390071
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by MickeyBricks(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2012
afam4eva: I also need a very strong laptop for programming and other intense stuff.

oga what are you doing that is so intense
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by brabus(m): 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
ikp4succes: mac book are for graphic designers, dj, anything visual is to easy to use. linux is for advanced user, windows is for semi advance , y mac is for ordinary user. in short most girls use mac.

Since you don't use one, you can't really appreciate the power of Macs. Don't let us start another Mac vs PC war.

I use Mac because:

- It is Unix-based OS
- Terminal is a bash shell with all the standard Unix utilities (Putty + Cygwin + Powershell etc)
- It has built-in SSH!!
- It comes preloaded with software that works great with Unix: SVN, PHP, Apache2, etc.
- Great Interface - you can't beat the usability of a Mac.
- No processing issues or memory issues
- Easy Migration without having to call 911
- It offers the flexibility of installing Windows using Parallel Desktop, VMWare, and Boot Camp. The day you install Mac on windows successfully without glitches, you'll definitely have more converts.
- STABILITY. I have 3 windows laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad, HP Pavilion and Toshiba Satellite), Guess where they were now? Computer Village
- Now, there's cloud.

Bros, tell me all the above stuffs are girls things.
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by lastcenter: 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
Here we go! Biafra war 1960 : No mainframes in naija but everywhere except you(mainframes are out dude!), illiteracy for all of us into writing code think cobol! No intelligence into fabbing or small talk 1980(since)! Importance of objective C code wasn't there think mac computing to build and successfully deploy a stable algorithm for compute ready execution! THAT IS WHY YOU COULDN'T. DADDY IBM WASN'T THERE! UNTIL YOU ENTERED USA. But even some European countries don't even warn you about macs. They sell you other things even in this generation to kill you into illiteracy anyways. So go home and read your books yourself ooh God poor boy! I HAD TO SEE IBM AND ALL PERSONALLY thats what they told me back there abroad in Europe for not coming on time! And I didn't there until I entered naira then there is you thinking....like a a nerd smiley.

What can we say? BUY A MAC BOOK or something because the stack is complete. THERE IS NO STACK OVERFLOW IN THE CODE. YOU CAN ONLY WRITE IN CLASSES: STABLE FRESH BEAUTIFUL STINKING RICH PLACES. Want to note in assembly and C? you needed smalltalk and all. NOOOOOWWW! HOW CAN I MONOPOLIZE IT?

NEVER FIND IT IN YOUR GENERATION. NEVER EVER BAKE A TRANSISTOR IN YOUR LIFE! YOU WERE AN OFFICER TO BEGIN WITH? DO YOU CRIMINALIZE YOUR STATUS?

OOH I MADE GUNS..YES ME IBM AS WELL. I SELL IT. IF PEOPLE SHOOT YOU FOR copying a stack of cobol code..(into billions of it) it is because you just had a small portion into a math library elsewhere or something to write into all that million of years of delay after all you didn't come on time to code with all of us!

Most programming languages are just a form of cobol! If you code into it your library will show everywhere in the whole earth!

Do you note into mathematics like a scientist? some people just figures as well! Think hard and you wouldn't think why am i active now!

Yes even hackers can steal it there!
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by McCoy91(m): 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
lastcenter: Here we go! Biafra war 1960 : No mainframes in naija but everywhere except you(mainframes are out dude!), illiteracy for all of us into writing code think cobol! No intelligence into fabbing or small talk 1980(since)! Importance of objective C code wasn't there think mac computing to build and successfully deploy a stable algorithm for compute ready execution! THAT IS WHY YOU COULDN'T. DADDY IBM WASN'T THERE! UNTIL YOU ENTERED USA. But even some European countries don't even warn you about macs. They sell you others things even in this generation to kill you into illiteracy anyways. So go home and read your books yourself ooh God poor boy! I HAD TO SEE IBM AND ALL PERSONALLY thats what they told me back there abroad in Europe for not coming on time! And I didn't there until I entered naira then there is you thinking....like a a nerd smiley.

What can we say? BUY A MAC BOOK or something because the stack is complete. THERE IS NO STACK OVERFLOW IN THE CODE. YOU CAN ONLY WRITE IN CLASSES: STABLE FRESH BEAUTIFUL STINKING RICH PLACES. Want to note in assembly and C? you needed smalltalk and all. NOOOOOWWW! HOW CAN I MONOPOLIZE IT?

NEVER FIND IT IN YOUR GENERATION. NEVER EVER BAKE A TRANSISTOR IN YOUR LIFE! YOU WERE AN OFFICER TO BEGIN WITH? DO YOU CRIMINALIZE YOUR STATUS?

OOH I MADE GUNS..YES ME IBM AS WELL. I SELL IT. IF PEOPLE SHOOT YOU FOR copying a stack of cobol code..(into billions of it) it is because you just had a small portion into a math library elsewhere to write into all that million of years of delay afterall you didnt come on time to code with all of us!

WTF is this? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by lastcenter: 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
quote it again! Sorry I had to let it out! cheesy You are going to pay for software soon! Yes because libraries are expensive! That is all! (well you didn't come on time) Hush! We'll have plenty of time to talk!

Look I was in school. I didn't finish my studies but I couldn't wonder there until our nation was in there like as if your classmates elsewhere were astonished at how you didnt pay attention!! I'm 27 almost 28 years old and we are in 2012 in this generation, think about this! You could! Principles of writing code and all was what I recited until I figures me!! And yes I loved it because it challenges you to pay attention in school!

I AM CRUDE. Eagles carry-go in here!

your class mates :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJt7gNi3Nr4
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
^can somebody write a ruby code to translate that to English? Pretty please!
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by leffects(m): 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2012
HP dv6, the best so far.
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 11, 2012
lastcenter: Here we go! Biafra war 1960 : No mainframes in naija but everywhere except you(mainframes are out dude!), illiteracy for all of us into writing code think cobol! No intelligence into fabbing or small talk 1980(since)! Importance of objective C code wasn't there think mac computing to build and successfully deploy a stable algorithm for compute ready execution! THAT IS WHY YOU COULDN'T. DADDY IBM WASN'T THERE! UNTIL YOU ENTERED USA. But even some European countries don't even warn you about macs. They sell you other things even in this generation to kill you into illiteracy anyways. So go home and read your books yourself ooh God poor boy! I HAD TO SEE IBM AND ALL PERSONALLY thats what they told me back there abroad in Europe for not coming on time! And I didn't there until I entered naira then there is you thinking....like a a nerd smiley.

OOH I MADE GUNS..YES ME IBM AS WELL. I SELL IT. IF PEOPLE SHOOT YOU FOR copying a stack of cobol code..(into billions of it) it is because you just had a small portion into a math library elsewhere or something to write into all that million of years of delay after all you didn't come on time to code with all of us!

Most programming languages are just a form of cobol! If you code into it your library will show everywhere in the whole earth!

Do you note into mathematics like a scientist? some people just figures as well! Think hard and you wouldn't think why am i active now!

Someone take computer away from this man. He has finally fried his brain
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by tedjazz(m): 12:42am On Jul 11, 2012
thnks to all those that made reasonble comments.... Ill have to choose between dell inspiron 17R or xps.
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 11, 2012
There's Inspiron 17R and Inspiron 17R Special Edition. I recommended the 17R Special Edition.
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by Kslib(m): 7:18am On Jul 11, 2012
SimonAndal: There's Inspiron 17R and Inspiron 17R Special Edition. I recommended the 17R Special Edition.
pls how much is it?
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 11, 2012
Let's see... The base model,
sans blu-ray rw drive and 3d screen, with full Hd screen, i7-3610QM 2.3GHz Quad-core Intel CPU, 8GB 1600MHz RAM, 1TBHDD + 32GB mSATA SSD and 8X DVD Burner., 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M discrete graphics, 17 inches of 1080p (Full HD) Corning TM Gorilla Glass TM , backlit keyboard, Waves MaxxAudio 4 + Skullcandy speakers, Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and Premier Elements 9, anodized Aluminum body in Stealth Black with precision-etched honeycomb design. Four USB 3.0 ports, HDMI v1.4a, 8-in-1 card reader, HD webcam.
goes for $1099. Add the blu-ray drive and 3d screen it goes up to $1244
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by callydon(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2012
Abeg ooh,u people just dey hia dey QUOTE laptops, make una dey follow put d price so the OP go knw price of the laptop u guys are suggesting for him.
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by ewizard1: 10:31am On Jul 11, 2012
grin
How is the Compaq CQ57 2.2ghz Processor, 4gb ram, 500gb HD for programming?
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by coalcoal1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
ebamma: buy i had no shoes(IHNS) laptop,its the best laptop for programming u to aso rock,but if u want to make money from programming go for femi otedola marked dollars(FOMD) laptop.
Best answer for a stupid post
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by initialize(m): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2012
I have a sony vaio that can meet ur programing requirement @ a reasonable price of 85k

Sony viao with intel core i7 processor
500GB hard disk
4gig RAM
Nvidia 1gb dedicated graphics
Bluray dvd drive
Backlit keyboard with number pad
16.4" full 1080p HD screen
Wireless
Bluetooth
Webcam
HDMI
Card reader
Etc

My number is in my signature below
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by brabus(m): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
initialize: I have a sony vaio that can meet ur programing requirement @ a reasonable price of 85k

500GB hard disk
4gig RAM
Bluray dvd drive
Wireless
Bluetooth
Webcam
HDMI
Card reader
Etc

@OP, I think this machine should serve the purpose. Remember, you'll need to upgrade in 2 - 3 years time.
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by callydon(m): 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2012
initialize: I have a sony vaio that can meet ur programing requirement @ a reasonable price of 85k

500GB hard disk
4gig RAM
Bluray dvd drive
Wireless
Bluetooth
Webcam
HDMI
Card reader
Etc

Bros am interested in dis ur sony laptop, but which of d sony's VAIO Is it cos there are other sony VAIO Laptops in d market... And wil u sell d system @70k. Dats d much I can afford.
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by initialize(m): 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
We are not allowed to advertise here that's the reason I didn't give full details. Follow the link below and you'll even see pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/978405/sony-vaio-laptop-intel-corei7

I can take 75k last. I guess that's ok
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by callydon(m): 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
initialize: We are not allowed to advertise here that's the reason I didn't give full details. Follow the link below and you'll even see pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/978405/sony-vaio-laptop-intel-corei7

I can take 75k last. I guess that's ok
Bros I hope dis system is a new one?
And plz why not take d 70k cos dats all I can afford now.
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:34am On Jul 12, 2012
Nigerians. You never cease to amaze me with your talent at showing crass stupidity sometimes. A guy comes along with a silly question (which is ok by the way, cos it's quite obvious he's a noob at it), and instead of you putting him right, you started giving him the stupidest answers I've ever seen. To the extent that many were recommending laptops meant for hardcore gamers. Are you guys for real

@tedjazz, permit me to answer your question with one of mine. What does a programmer need to have on his/her laptop to be able to write programs? A text editor and a translator, right? That's basic. If you want to go hardcore as a programmer, you'll probably be needing a decent IDE. Lets assume you'll need an IDE (and am going to assume you'll be working with either java or one of the .net language suite) so we're talking about either Netbeans or Visual Studio. If you check, you'll find out that those two apps don't need any SPECIAL system to run, infact they can both run on any laptop in the market that is at least 5years old. And I hope by now, you'll probably realise how stupid some of the answers you've been given here sounds.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by initialize(m): 2:06am On Jul 12, 2012
Its a used system, a new one of this specs is more expensive than the amount I gave you
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by lastcenter: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2012
Feels like your falling from the sky! You're in the toilet to
poop there!
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by lastcenter: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
Dont throw garbage at yourself!
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by lastcenter: 11:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
swipe it!
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by tedjazz(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
@henryskywalker thnks for answer.... But does dat include mini laptops cos i knw der processsors are slow...
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 20, 2012
Just look like if you copied this info and dumped here on this forum. Yes mac is very good i didn't argue with you, mac computer, they make it so good so that you don't have to worry urself fixing your computer. Do you see what a girl does when her computer is not working? You don't want that so they make is as easy as possible so you don't break ur computer. I think you should use Linux, then see the pain of using an operating system.
brabus:

Since you don't use one, you can't really appreciate the power of Macs. Don't let us start another Mac vs PC war.

I use Mac because:

- It is Unix-based OS
- Terminal is a bash shell with all the standard Unix utilities (Putty + Cygwin + Powershell etc)
- It has built-in SSH!!
- It comes preloaded with software that works great with Unix: SVN, PHP, Apache2, etc.
- Great Interface - you can't beat the usability of a Mac.
- No processing issues or memory issues
- Easy Migration without having to call 911
- It offers the flexibility of installing Windows using Parallel Desktop, VMWare, and Boot Camp. The day you install Mac on windows successfully without glitches, you'll definitely have more converts.
- STABILITY. I have 3 windows laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad, HP Pavilion and Toshiba Satellite), Guess where they were now? Computer Village
- Now, there's cloud.

Bros, tell me all the above stuffs are girls things.
Re: Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? by brabus(m): 5:33am On Jul 20, 2012
^^^
undecidedundecidedundecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Operating System For Programming! / How Do I Start Please / The Most Financially Rewarding Areas In Programing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.