Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Updating N72 Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Updating N72 Phone (15262 Views)

MTN Gave Me 5k For Updating My Info. / Download Ttpod For Nokia N70/N72 Phone / N70,n72(s60v2 Guru) Ask Any Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 5:24pm On Dec 06, 2007
guys,can i use the CD-ROM of N70 for installation in the process of upgrading my N72 firmware.maybe after the upgrade i will be able to install an sisx file.what do you guys think?
Re: Updating N72 Phone by bimbor(m): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2007
honsule now ure about taking a risk rite there,ure talkin of firmware upgrade not app installation uve got to be careful and do everything right so notin goes wrong,n70 for n70 and n72 for n72 just download n72 pcsuite online n get going,ur upgrade will not transform ur phone into a S60v3 phone so u still cannot use SISX files.man its ur call just be careful.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by topeteadr(m): 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2007
Hnsl, u cn upgrd bt mk sur ur battry's ful and u fllw da nccesary instructns.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2007
Guys,getting all the paraphernalia to upgrade my N72 firmware this week.No NEPA failure on that day.Till am through with the upgrade.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2007
@Dekin.Thanks men,i have sorted the problem out following your instructions.We need people like you in da house.I am contemplating on activating your celtel line for free browsing.Do u have a celtel line?Cheers
Re: Updating N72 Phone by topeteadr(m): 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2007
Honsule, wait what of my own line.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 3:54am On Dec 16, 2007
@kunlex21.what is the difference between"nokia software updater"and nokia pc suite"?
Re: Updating N72 Phone by bimbor(m): 12:51pm On Dec 16, 2007
@honsule i was expectin u to tell us uve successfully updated ur phone neway lets summarize this update thing in 5 easy steps;
Step 1. Back up your data: this is crucial,before u start doing anything u need to back up ur phone,there are two ways:
Memory card: To back up with ur memory card,go to tools-memory,select options-back up phone memory.Take out the mem card from d phone.
PC Suite: You can also use a PC Suite 4 back up.launch the pc suite,connect ur phone to d pc n select back up.
2. Charge your battery: It is important that u have a fully powered battery before beginning the update process,if u run out of battery in d middle of updating you can seriously harm ur phone(it probably wont even start up)
3. Download Nokia Software Updater-Install the updater; this piece of software will guide you thru the whole update process;u might need to unblock it in ur firewall.
4. Launch the Nokia Software Updater; from now on its really simple just follow the guide n u'll be fine; the whole update process takes several minutes to complete dont try to interrupt it at any point as YOU RISK DAMAGING YOUR PHONE.
PS: THE USB CABLE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
5. Restore your data; if u used a memory card for back up then simply go to Tools-memory-options-restore from card. If u used Pc suite connect ur phone to d pc and select back up n restore.
Now u have ur phone loaded with the newest software.To ascertain that just type *#0000# when in idle mode and check the displayed software version and match it with ur phones latest software.Hope it helps.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by MrInfo1(m): 3:37am On Dec 22, 2007
lol i just did mine yesterday, thank God i took a snapshort

Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2007
@infobaba.I can't just imagine after spending about #500 in buying time in different places to browse in the cyber cafe,i couldn't just upgrade my firmware,reason being that the systems i used was either slow or security pass code.I was not allowed to run application on the system.It seems to me after installing the software updater which is 15mb on your pc the pc will now ask you to restart the system.I got to that stage but a fellow couldn't just let me reboot the system.I was annoyed and angry that very day for exercise in futility,i did not even go for lecture because of the upgrading that i end up not even doing.I have the software updater on my memory card.Any time i see a system i will run it there.I don't want to back up anything,so i think i don't need the pc suite.I just want to just upgrade directly.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2007
N72 is not a 3G phone.Somebody told me that maybe after the upgrade,my phone will metamorphosised and transmogrify into a 3G phone.How possible is that?Lol.Although all things are feasible to them that believe.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by dekin(m): 1:43am On Dec 23, 2007
thank God u sorted it out. lol N72 is not a 3G phone and updating the firmware wont transform it to one no matter the fasting and prayer u perform, lol its a hardware upgrade. nonye4real@yahoo.com is my email. holla back
Re: Updating N72 Phone by topeteadr(m): 1:46am On Dec 23, 2007
Honsule i dont think u can get the 3g on it after upgrade,
Re: Updating N72 Phone by MrInfo1(m): 7:34am On Dec 23, 2007
honsule:

@infobaba.I can't just imagine after spending about #500 in buying time in different places to browse in the cyber cafe,i couldn't just upgrade my firmware,reason being that the systems i used was either slow or security pass code.I was not allowed to run application on the system.It seems to me after installing the software updater which is 15mb on your pc the pc will now ask you to restart the system.I got to that stage but a fellow couldn't just let me reboot the system.I was annoyed and angry that very day for exercise in futility,i did not even go for lecture because of the upgrading that i end up not even doing.I have the software updater on my memory card.Any time i see a system i will run it there.I don't want to back up anything,so i think i don't need the pc suite.I just want to just upgrade directly.

After i instaled the Nokia Software Updater, i wasn't asked to restart the system o. The sotware requires at least 256 mb of RAM. And must caffe use lower memory. which of the cable's are you using. DkU-2 or CA-53 ?

Men you woun't belive it took me at least 5-6 hours on the multilinks network before this downloading update finishd

Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2007
@infobaba.am using the recommended cable for N72 which is CA-53 is on nokia website.5-6 hours was rather too slow.after the upgrade what difference did you notice on your phone?is it the downloading process of the software upgrade that took between 5-6 hours or the upgrading process.or did you just click on download and run application?for me i have downloaded the software updater already and save it,running it and upgrading my phone should not be more than 20 minutes.nokia website under FAQ
Re: Updating N72 Phone by MrInfo1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2007
wink abi u go bring your phone make i do am for you?

Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2007
what difference did you noticed on your phone after the upgrade.am in the school for now UNIV OF IBADAN and youi guess you are in LAG
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2007
like N70 is better than N72 what do you guys think e.g 3G in N70 and nil in N72
Re: Updating N72 Phone by MrInfo1(m): 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2007
Abi, give me time to fish them all out  wink, i noticed that i can now exit my music player and that snakes Game has been removed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Updating N72 Phone by MrInfo1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2007
@ honsule

Nokia N70
Size Dimensions 108.8 x 53 x 21.8 mm, 95.9 cc
Weight 126 g
Display Type TFT, 256K colors
Size 176 x 208 pixels, 35 x 41 mm
- Five-way scroll key
- Downloadable themes
Ringtones Type Polyphonic (64 channels), Monophonic, MP3, True Tones
Customization Download,
Vibration Yes
Memory Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
Call records Detailed, max 30 days
Card slot RS-DV-MMC, 64 MB card included, hotswap, buy memory
- 22 MB shared memory for applications, SMS, MMS, ringtones
Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
HSCSD No
EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps
3G Yes, 384 kbps
WLAN No
Bluetooth Yes, v2.0
Infrared port No
USB Yes, Pop-Port
Features OS Symbian OS 8.1a , Series 60 UI
Messaging SMS, MMS, EMail, Instant Messaging
Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML
Games Yes + Java downloadable
Colors Silver, Ivory/Pearl, Black (Music Edition)
Camera 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, video, flash; secondary video call VGA camera
- Push to talk
- Java MIDP 2.0
- Video calling and download
- MP3/AAC/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio
- T9
- Voice command/memo
- PIM including calendar, to-do list and printing
- Integrated handsfree
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion (BL-5C) 970 mAh
Stand-by Up to 265 h
Talk time Up to 3 h 30 min

Nokia N72

Size Dimensions 109 x 53 x 21.8 mm
Weight 124 g
Display Type TFT, 256K colors
Size 176 x 208 pixels
- Downloadable themes
Ringtones Type Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3
Customization Download
Vibration Yes
Memory Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
Call records Detailed, max 30 days
Card slot RS-DV-MMC, 128 MB card included, hot swap, buy memory
- 20 MB shared memory
Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
HSCSD No
EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps
3G No
WLAN No
Bluetooth Yes, v2.0
Infrared port No
USB Yes, v2.0, Pop-Port
Features OS Symbian OS 8.1, Series 60 UI 2.8
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML
Games Yes + Java downloadable, order now
Colors Gloss Black, Pearl Pink
Camera 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, video(CIF), flash
- Java MIDP 2.0
- Push to talk
- MP3/AAC/MPEG4 player
- Stereo FM radio
- T9
- Voice command/dial
- PIM including calendar, to-do list, printing
- Integrated handsfree
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 970 mAh (BL-5C)
Stand-by Up to 260 h
Talk time Up to 3 h 35 min

Imagine N70 is more expensive to N72

NOKIA N70 27,500
NOKIA N70 MUSIC EDITION 30,500
NOKIA N72 25,000
NOKIA N72 SWAPINK 32,500

So 'YES' N70 is beter than N72

To confirm check

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1153&idPhone1=1552

For price check

http://www.slotltd.com/price_list.html
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2007
thanks for the analysis.i thought as much.my next phone would be either N73 OR N95.I need details on the two phone too @infobaba
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2007
i need details on N73 and N95
Re: Updating N72 Phone by MrInfo1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2007
I use N73 myself (music edition)  Buy it, it 43k now, it came with a 2Gb memory card i so much like the phone, Bleep N95 (what can N95 do that n73 can't  angry ) at least they are both 3rd edtion phones Go go go go go go go go go go  for N73 (music edition)
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2007
hope you are not sentimental here,because you are using N73?all the same,post the two of them so that i can do the comparism myself ok.thanks
Re: Updating N72 Phone by MrInfo1(m): 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2007
Actually am not saying N95 is not a better choice, am only saying it better to get N73 because it far cheaper

Oya compare the price

NOKIA N95 (8G) 80,000
NOKIA N95 1GB 70,000 ( I don't know if it music edition or not)
NOKIA N73 MUSIC EDITION 42,000 (2GB)
NOKIA N73 39,000
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2007
i see
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2007
@infobaba.can i get original N72 "case in"the one that came with my phone has faded.i need original one not fake one o.how much does the original cost?
Re: Updating N72 Phone by MrInfo1(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2007
honsule:

@infobaba.can i get original N72 "case in"the one that came with my phone has faded.i need original one not fake one o.how much does the original cost?

nothing like original case o, it all depends from the shop you getting it from i think it should be around 3000 naira, why not go to that nokia store @ the Palms lekki V.I

imagine the charger is sold for 3000 my charger pin spoilt and i didn't want to get all those 150 naira charger i had to buy it like that  undecided i wonder how much case will be sold

if you still wish to compare Nokia N73 and N95 check out this link

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1716&idPhone1=1550

check my profile, the picture there was snapd with my phone
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2007
things are just exorbitant there.i got original charger of N72 for #1500 in JOS.i will look for it in IBADAN
Re: Updating N72 Phone by topeteadr(m): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2007
honsule why nt go 4 the new n82 phone.
Re: Updating N72 Phone by MrInfo1(m): 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2007
The Price distance too much na
Re: Updating N72 Phone by honsule(m): 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2008
guys,i suffer today no be small.i went to the school ICT to upgrade my N72 firmware,after i might have bought 3hours i end up not upgrading the phone.the first system i used i installed my pc suite,and it was ok.on trying to install the software updater a window pops up telling me"you need a minimum of 256MB space" and the local memory of the pc is 27 gig and change system.i was able to installed the updater,but when i tried installing pc suite the system told me error.the pc suite is not compatible with the system.i am contemplating of going back there tomorrow,but what should i do?my N72 is long overdue for upgrading.i need help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads / Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Price In Nigeria & Full Specs / RIP Nokia! Nokia CEO Cries Uncontrollably As Microsoft Acquires Nokia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.