Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status (11805 Views)

No Allowance For Officials On Foreign Medical Treatment – FG / $1m On Foreign Trips: Fayose Can Say ‘ Whatever He Likes’ – Buhari / FG Suspends Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Musiwa2: 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
I h
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
US looking for another country to destroy..
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Musiwa2: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
vf
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
Why do they even care?

Are we as Nigerians/Africans not tired of people who don't care about us proffering solutions for our problems?

Why do we always have to be spoon-fed by the devil? And we wonder why they show those starving children on TV, and why we're stuck in the medieval age..

African problems need African solutions - Somalia is an example of US intervention gone wrong in Africa...
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Musiwa2: 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
f

1 Like

Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Musiwa2: 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
f
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by lacasa: 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
When did oritsejafor become a nigerian govt reepresentative

These americans anϑ their policing of the world, putting their noses wwhere they dnt belong.

Anϑ oritsejafor will only mix up the realities on ground with absurd statements anϑ false accusations as he is used ϯo doing

God pass bad belle sha

2 Likes

Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by boyendowed(m): 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2012
ooseven:

I understand your sentiments but a breakup might not be as easy as you think. It may not also be to anyone's advantage. We are strong today simply because of our diversity just like the US. Unfortunately we have a combination of factors stopping us from fully achieving our true potentials. Those are the issues which should be tackled.

I love your optimism and admire your nationalism but it's time to tell ourselves the truth.Our diversity is not like that of the United States.So it's wrong to compare the two.Let's have a Sovereign National Conference.If we decide to stay together,fine but if we decide to break up,fine too.Czech Republic and Slovakia are doing well today
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa: When did oritsejafor become a nigerian govt reepresentative

These americans anϑ their policing of the world, putting their noses wwhere they dnt belong.

Anϑ oritsejafor will only mix up the realities on ground with absurd statements anϑ false accusations as he is used ϯo doing

God pass bad belle sha

If you did not at least watch, at least wait to see it first! Oritsejafor is not there as a government representative. Nigerians want Americans to put it's nose in. Na only you you want make dem listen to?
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by cap28: 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
Sun of god: Problem - Reaction - Solution (Send in the Drones)

Afghanistan - Iraq - Libya - Syria/Nigeria.

As usual the only one who has an inkling about what's really going on.
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by boyendowed(m): 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
Musiwa2: You are not expose, it is not a combination of factors... that is stoping us.. You dont know anything about nigeria. They need to break it up to protect the people of Nigeria.

Only if people will put misplaced nationalism aside and speak more like you do.It's better to break peacefully before Nigeria becomes Yugoslavia part 2
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by jmaine: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
The most blunt,radical and no nonsense CAN president was on parade . . . . Baba Oritse . . . .Nutin do you joor cheesy . . . . .Why US no invite Tunde Bakare now lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by umechuma: 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
Statement of Ayodele Joseph ORITSEJAFOR,
President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN)
Oversight Hearing
Before the House Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, and Human Rights
On “U.S. Policy Toward Nigeria: West Africa’s Troubled Titan
July 10, 2012
Chairman Smith and Members of the Subcommittee, I want to thank you for the opportunity
today to address this committee and for your interest in the situation in the Federal Republic of
Nigeria, and especially the increase in terrorist attacks targeting Christians and Christian
Institutions. Just this last weekend, 58 people were killed in Christian villages in Jos, including a
federal senator and a state lawmaker. Boko Haram already claimed responsibility for these
coordinated attacks against the Christian community in Jos, and they also reaffirmed their earlier
position saying that “for Christians in Nigeria to know peace they must accept Islam as the only
true religion.” Boko Haram is not only a northern problem, but a Nigerian problem with global
implications. Nigeria is not a country divided by North and South, but a country divided
between those who support freedom and equality in the eyes of the law, and those who promote
persecution and violence as a means to an end.
To an outside observer it may appear as though Boko Haram is not a monolithic group; that it is
fragmented and disorganized, but I am here today to give you the Nigerian perspective. Since its
creation, the Boko Haram network has never hidden its agenda or intentions. Boko Haram has
openly stated that they reject the Nigerian State and its Constitution and seek to impose Shari’ah
Law. To this end, Boko Haram has waged a systematic campaign of terror and violence. They
seek an end to western influence and a removal of the Christian presence in Nigeria.
This is outright terrorism, not legitimate political activity or the airing of grievances. By
refusing to designate Boko Haram as a foreign terrorist organization, the United States is sending
a very clear message, not just to the Federal Government of Nigeria, but to the world – that the
murder of innocent Christians, and Muslims who reject Islamism, and I make a clear distinction
here between Islam and Islamism, are acceptable losses. It is hypocritical for the United States
and the international community to say that they believe in freedom and equality, when their
actions do not support those who are being persecuted.
A non-designation for the group only serves to hamper the cause of justice, and has emboldened
Boko Haram to continue to strike out at those who are denied equal protection under the law.
The frequency, lethality and sophistication of Boko Haram’s attacks raise disturbing questions
regarding training and logistical support they have received from other like minded international
terrorist networks. In January 2012 the United Nations Security Council published a report
stating that Boko Haram members from Nigeria received training in AQIM camps located in
Mali and Chad during the summer of 2011. That same summer Boko Haram carried out a bold
terrorist attack against the United Nations building in Abuja. Boko Haram did not hesitate in
claiming responsibility for the attack, nor has it ever hesitated in claiming responsibility for its
ongoing attacks against police, military, local businesses, and increasingly churches and
Christian institutions.
In Nigeria, my people are dying every single day, and it is only a matter of time before the
international terrorist links and anti-democratic Islamist agenda of Boko Haram turns its
attention to the United States. In fact, this may already be a reality, in April of 2012 the NYPD
learned that a U.S. resident living on the East Coast had sent surveillance, including maps and photographs of lower Manhattan and the Holland and Lincoln tunnels to an alleged member of Boko Haram based in Nigeria.
State Department designated Boko Haram’s current leader; Abubaker Shekau and 2 others as “specially designated terrorists”, but fell short of designating the organization. This would be the equivalent of designating Bin Laden as a terrorist, but failing to designate Al Qaeda as a terrorist organization.
Although I am aware that the designation of Boko Haram as a Foreign Terrorist Organization is not the final solution to all of Nigeria’s problems, yet it is an important first step towards restoring the confidence of those who support freedom and equality in the eyes of the law.
We too, want to have freedom, freedom of religion, freedom to worship as we choose without
fear, we want to have justice, based in equality and not driven by discriminatory religious
practices. Let me remind us that this is not about economics but about an ideology that has a
history of sponsoring genocide across the globe. As Boko Haram increasingly turns towards
genocide through the systematic targeting of Christians and Christian institutions in pursuit of
its goals, history will not forget the actions or the inactions of your great nation. I thank you for
this opportunity and I look forward to the continuing our strong
partnership with America.
Thank you, Mr. Chairman

5 Likes

Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by mayorjo: 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
No item 7 on table, US officials suppose be entertained.
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Musiwa2: 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
vg

1 Like

Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Sunofgod(m): 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2012
cap28:

As usual the only one who has an inkling about what's really going on.

We're doomed - if the truth must be told.

Al Quaeda is linked to the CIA (everyone knows that) - and Boko Haram is linked to Al Quaeda.

Al Quaeda have served their purpose in Iraq and Libya (and now Syria) - just as Boko Haram are serving their true masters in Nigeria.
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
Video?
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
Another sad day for the country. Too bad.
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by ebamma(m): 11:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
Musiwa2: You are not expose, it is not a combination of factors... that is stoping us.. You dont know anything about nigeria. They need to break it up to protect the people of Nigeria.
what are u smoking man?its not good for your health

2 Likes

Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by PaulJohn1: 11:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
shymmex: Why do they even care?

Are we as Nigerians/Africans not tired of people who don't care about us proffering solutions for our problems?

Why do we always have to be spoon-fed by the devil? And we wonder why they show those starving children on TV, and why we're stuck in the medieval age..

African problems need African solutions - Somalia is an example of US intervention gone wrong in Africa...

My bro it's funny to me with the comments some ignorant people are giving here on NL. The best thing that the US can give you is what will be beneficial to them in the long run.
Here are the list of some countries that the US has intervened and their situation got worsen
-Libya
-Iraq
-vietnam
-Somalia
Etc. We all remember how strong and developed Iraq was before the invasion of the US. But it heat me hard when some people ignorantly pray for the intervention of the US in my beloved country. I'm not saying the situation presently is favorable, but we should come together and reason, identify our problems and find possible solutions to them. But the illiteracy in the North and the disunity between the Southern regions pose a great barrier.

One thing is certain if the break up eventually happen, the recognition of each formed republic(from the broken Nigeria)in Africa not to talk of the world would not be different from the ones countries like Mozambique, Namibia etc has. But lot of us are ignorant of this.
I pray we realize this before it's too late cry
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by ebamma(m): 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
Musiwa2: It is not about the US looking for a country to destroy. It my people. we are talking about even if the USA was looking to destroy Nigeria or africa for their selfish means.. I will not be supporting a move like that. But I am african who know what will happen. That why I am supporting the break up of Nigeria to save the people. They have tried hard to frame me.. So i know what I am going through.

If you read my post. In one occasion I said I am ready to spend the rest of my life in prison just to save millions of lifes.. I know what will happen after seen the satellite pictures.. Look Gani is my relation. He went to jail 32 times trying to save the people.

There is going to be civil war in Nigeria. I am telling. Stop listen to politician or people who are looking to explore the people for money. I am telling you, looking africa.. I am not part of a gang blowing up Nigeria. look millions of Nigeria will tell you this same. If you doubt me. I can name a place and just put it on the internet and million of nigerian will show the world I am telling the truth. by standing in that place. There will be civil war in Nigeria over the satellite pictures. I am not doing it for myself. I am doing it for them.

Look you see when Goodluck name a university how they reacted to something just simple. I am not telling lies. I am putting my life at sake to this.. I have already lost people I know already been killed. So I am telling you. They would be trouble if they dont break up NIgeria.

I know people who are governor of state and I should be greed and self my own selfishness and make millions. But I have not done that. Look if I wanted to get a $100 million from the Nigeria govt I am able to do that illegally. but I have not done that because I put people first before million of dollars. I love the people more than I love money.

what are you talking about man?
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Musiwa2: 11:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
v
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Musiwa2: 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
Paul John:

My bro it's funny to me with the comments some ignorant people are giving here on NL. The best thing that the US can give you is what will be beneficial to them in the long run.
Here are the list of some countries that the US has intervened and their situation got worsen
-Libya
-Iraq
-vietnam
-Somalia
Etc. We all remember how strong and developed Iraq was before the invasion of the US. But it heat me hard when some people ignorantly pray for the intervention of the US in my beloved country. I'm not saying the situation presently is favorable, but we should come together and reason, identify our problems and find possible solutions to them. But the illiteracy in the North and the disunity between the Southern regions pose a great barrier.

One thing is certain if the break up eventually happen, the recognition of each formed republic(from the broken Nigeria)in Africa not to talk of the world would not be different from the ones countries like Mozambique, Namibia etc has. But lot of us are ignorant of this.

Better than being recognized as a BIG laughing stork.
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
Good move!!!
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by Dsage1: 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
ebamma: what are u smoking man?its not good for your health

The man is simply telling us the hiding fact about solution to Nigeria problem. Whether we like it or not, Nigeria is still going to spit into 4 or more different countries in the nearest future.

Please, can you give us example of a country that's comprises of over 250 ethnic groups and still develop?
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by jmaine: 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
Aare Musiwa is on top form tonite grin
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by cashmentor(m): 11:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
Uncle Sam and Tafia....
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by dasparrow: 11:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
Paul John:

-Libya
-Iraq
-vietnam
-Somalia

Well said. The problem is that most Nigerians won't listen until it is too late. In addition to that, the western countries are going down the drain so gone are the days when as Nigerians we can say, well we can always migrate to oyibo land and start a new life. The western nations are tighthening their borders and anti-immigrant sentiments continue to get worse in these countries. Yet, our people will use their hand to destroy the only homeland we've got by inviting in america to help them turn their country into a perpetual wasteland.

I have suggested times without number that we Nigerians must find a way to solve our own problems. If we cannot successfully do that, we should enlist the help of our fellow west african brothers and sisters. If that fails, we should enlist the help of other black African nations. Going to the western imperialists should never be an option for us but will Nigerians listen? By the time they relaize that america and europe does not and has never meant well for them, it will be too late. Nigerians will become wanderers with no place to call 'home' anymore, dispised and rejected by nations from around the world. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by PaulJohn1: 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
spyder880:

Better than being recognized as a BIG laughing stork.

Of course, it's by far better. But I think it's better we find a solution to it ourselves and breaking up should be the last option. And if at all we're breaking up, I think it would be better we do that ourselves rather than inviting internation bodies. Invitation of the US would be the worst solution that can ever happen. I don't think you know much about those countries invaded by the US before and after the invasion.
Re: U.S House Comm. on Foreign Affairs on Nigeria's Security status by cashmentor(m): 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
jmaine: Aare Musiwa is on top form tonite grin
it's about time i saw these Satalite Pictures! Getting 2much these days!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge / Buhari Is A Terrorist - Elrufai (pics) / 2017: S/south, S/west Gulp 52% Of Federal Roads Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.