Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,704 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:06 AM

Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager (6906 Views)

Images Of An Icon.happy Birthday Diego Maradona / Photos: Meet Diego Maradona’s New 25-year-old Stunning Girlfriend! / Diego Maradona Claims 'messi Is Better Than Jesus' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by mukina2: 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
Diego Maradona has been sacked as manager of United Arab Emirates club Al-Wasl.

The legendary Argentinian's position had been in doubt since last month when the club's entire board resigned following a trophy-less season.

Maradona was appointed boss in May last year, but after only managing eighth place in the Pro-League in his first season in charge he has been sacked after meeting the new board today.
It was decided to terminate the services of coach Diego Maradona and his technical staff.
Club statement

"Following a meeting held by the board of directors of Al Wasl Football Company held today [Tuesday], to evaluate the technical staff of Al Wasl Football Team under the leadership of coach Diego Maradona, it was decided to terminate the services of coach Diego Maradona and his technical staff," a statement from the club said.

Maradona still had a year to run on his contract with the ambitious Dubai-based club.

The 51-year-old had been brought in to help boost the club's profile, both on and off the pitch, but in addition to a disappointing league campaign they crashed out of the President's Cup and Emirates Cup at the quarter-final stage.

FIFA

This guy should just respect himself like pele jor. You were a great player, let it stay that way coaching is not your thing angry

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by fredoooooo: 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
mukina2:

FIFA

This guy should just respect himself like pele jor. You were a great player, let it stay that way coaching is not your thing angry

joker ,he easy ..................... make you go apply jare , you got the skills jor ..........mukinavic grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
What was the deal with him kissing all the Argentina players in the locker room prior to them entering the field?

I remember Carlos Tevez turned his head away and wanted no part of this bizarre kissing ritual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI6LlF_kfBc
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
Say what you want about Maradona as a coach...on the pitch dude was a creative genius,Innovative Wizard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UknhtzoX-HY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_PP7QJwNpM
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by sexysunnyb(m): 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
Let me Join Rick Ross and Bird Man in the cocaine business lol grin cool kiss
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Enlightened1: 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
Maradona go home and rest. Obviously, coaching is not for you.. Abeg make una help me tell am!!

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
HI tuk ham na, say dis man no sabi coach, he no heasy to coach ra-ra, na numba hate im go carry 4 dia league. My western brethen! Habi hi lie? grin
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by alaoeri: 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
Maradona lacks managerial skills being a great player doesn't make u a good coach, go and seat down jare.

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Hugo7(m): 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
alaoeri: Maradona lacks managerial skills being a great player doesn't make u a good coach, go and seat down jare.
sECONDED
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Silentical: 12:17am On Jul 11, 2012
He needs deliverance from TB Joshua because he is suffering from spirit of cocaine.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 11, 2012
His Argentina team did outstanding in the world cup till that Germany Game.

They were the favorites to beat Spain

Even though most experts believe he didn't really coach the team and was just used as a figure head.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by thoniann(m): 12:28am On Jul 11, 2012
i expected diego to into football politics/ administration.he will fair better there.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Dimples316(f): 2:22am On Jul 11, 2012
Kai Mukina,

Must all your threads make front page? This is really becoming irritating and annoying, whether its a worthwhile thread or not we are guaranteed to see it on the front page because Mukina authored it.

I agree with the NL member who said its an abuse of office, we know you are a MOD don't flaunt it in our faces by bringing every thread you create to the front page. Is there an award for the MOD with the most threads on front page?

Please spare us madam

4 Likes

Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 11, 2012
I think Maradona would make a great evaluator of Talent....

I would sign him as a General Manager or President of Football Operations if i owned a club.

Like a Zinedine Zidane Role For Madrid....."Director of Football" LmL
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Freddieyankee(m): 2:49am On Jul 11, 2012
Hugo7:
sECONDED
Don't no why pple don't understand that not every great footballer will become great coach..... Maradona coaching is not ur thing go home and rest
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by slap1(m): 3:54am On Jul 11, 2012
He talks too much.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by DammyFx: 4:47am On Jul 11, 2012
He Knows Exactly What His Doing

1 Like

Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by JimmyBoy1: 6:11am On Jul 11, 2012
Being a great player is not the same thing as being a great leader, each position requires different skills set.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by scholes23(m): 6:42am On Jul 11, 2012
nna eeh, na so so badluck dey follow dus dude sef. He needs a serious break instead of killing his reputation. Pele retired from football and had nothin 2 do with coachin but yet he still has his respect. Anyway, i wont be suprised if nigeria decides to pick him few hrs 2 world cup or nations cup all 4 d reason of going with a soooooo called foreign coach/football legend.
Afta all we all know dat NFF will use keshi d samme way dey did 2 amodu.(afta qualifyin, dey'll go 4 a foreign coach as usual) wait and c wat'll happen. This is not a prophecy but d usual thing we all know dat'll take place.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by 10over101: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2012
U can have it all in life..he was a great player but maybe not a good coach..Ups and downs of life..
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by jboy80(m): 7:29am On Jul 11, 2012
Hugo7:
sECONDED
thirdconded.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Lisa1: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2012
Sounds good[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by BaBaMike: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2012
What is the symbolism of the two watches He's wearing?

Person with one watch always knows time - person with two watches, never quite sure...lol. Diego seems to like perfect symmetry.

Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Ifeanyispace: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2012
Maradona is/was never to be a coach. QED
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Maleeq(m): 9:30am On Jul 11, 2012
Dimples 316: Kai Mukina,

Must all your threads make front page? This is really becoming irritating and annoying, whether its a worthwhile thread or not we are guaranteed to see it on the front page because Mukina authored it.

I agree with the NL member who said its an abuse of office, we know you are a MOD don't flaunt it in our faces by bringing every thread you create to the front page. Is there an award for the MOD with the most threads on front page?

Please spare us madam
Ok, perhaps you don't know her "job role" here exactly. That you see "her threads" on front page doesn't mean she's flaunting power. I could give you insight on how topics are picked, but I wont: it would be a waste of my time and unnecessary assault on my PC's keyboard typing. You call the threads irritating, perhaps because your perception of "importance"/"relevance" is skewed. Mukina this, Mukina that, why can't y'all get off Mukina's back atleast!

Oya, give me the criteria the great Dimples 316 would use to fill the front page with topics that meet each of the close to 1million forum members taking into cognizance that there are only about 30slots on the front page and still get it to drive traffic reasonably to the forum?

Because you see a link on the front page, MUST you click it? If the header isn't catchy enough for you, move onto your section of interest. Simple!
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Wislet(f): 10:11am On Jul 11, 2012
Dimples 316: Kai Mukina,

Please spare us madam
yet more meaningful topics will be relegated to the background where very few people will see them.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Wislet(f): 10:17am On Jul 11, 2012
Maleeq:
Ok, perhaps you don't know her "job role" here exactly. That you see "her threads" on front page doesn't mean she's flaunting power. I could give you insight on how topics are picked, but I wont: it would be a waste of my time and unnecessary assault on my PC's keyboard typing. You call the threads irritating, perhaps because your perception of "importance"/"relevance" is skewed. Mukina this, Mukina that, why can't y'all get off Mukina's back atleast!

Oya, give me the criteria the great Dimples 316 would use to fill the front page with topics that meet each of the close to 1million forum members taking into cognizance that there are only about 30slots on the front page and still get it to drive traffic reasonably to the forum?

Because you see a link on the front page, MUST you click it? If the header isn't catchy enough for you, move onto your section of interest. Simple!
defender. Go take a seat!
Yes we know how they pick topics.
MUST ''EVERY'' TOPIC OPENED BY MADAM INTERESTING TOPICS MAKE THE FRONT PAGE?? ALL?? Not even some.
U might be her friend- here we dont know u- we only see u as a moderator. So, i dnt care if u know her personally, that's ur cup of tea.
When something is wrong say it.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Maleeq(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Wislet: defender. Go take a seat!
Yes we know how they pick topics.
MUST ''EVERY'' TOPIC OPENED BY MADAM INTERESTING TOPICS MAKE THE FRONT PAGE?? ALL?? Not even some.
U might be her friend- here we dont know u- we only see u as a moderator. So, i dnt care if u know her personally, that's ur cup of tea.
When something is wrong say it.
Draw seat for me make I siddon dey look una as you unravel the definition of :
Wislet: yet more meaningful topics will be relegated to the background where very few people will see them.
Make sure you consider all the forum's +900k users "meaningful" topics o!

You still don't get the point. There's more to the forum than the front page. If you don't like the topics there, look upwards, you'd see "trending", "recent" & "new" links...why dont you take a swim in those links and find your preferred topics. You are here bickering over her choice, bet you and a host of others are either oblivious or ignored the dedicated thread created for "front page worthy topics" suggestions. And by suggestions, I don't mean stating what you'd like to see, I mean "post links to existing threads on and off the forum that you think is cool". But hey, noone is doing it...yet, you "magically" expect the home page to be filled with topics that meet the personal definition of meaningful of each member, abi?

Silence is consent they say. Since you aren't suggesting topics/links, you shouldn't complain what shows up! Shikenan!

PS: if you need the link to page for topic suggestions, ask, I'd show you! grin and I post this as a forum member, not a mod or a friend of hers....and yes, I do love tea a lot!!! kiss

Give reason a chance before you label things "wrong".
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Wislet(f): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2012
Maleeq:
Draw seat for me make I siddon dey look una as you unravel the definition of :

Make sure you consider all the forum's +900k users "meaningful" topics o!

You still don't get the point. There's more to the forum than the front page. If you don't like the topics there, look upwards, you'd see "trending", "recent" & "new" links...why dont you take a swim in those links and find your preferred topics. You are here bickering over her choice, bet you and a host of others are either oblivious or ignored the dedicated thread created for "front page worthy topics" suggestions. And by suggestions, I don't mean stating what you'd like to see, I mean "post links to existing threads on and off the forum that you think is cool". But hey, noone is doing it...yet, you "magically" expect the home page to be filled with topics that meet the personal definition of meaningful of each member, abi?

Silence is consent they say. Since you aren't suggesting topics/links, you shouldn't complain what shows up! Shikenan!

PS: if you need the link to page for topic suggestions, ask, I'd show you! grin and I post this as a forum member, not a mod or a friend of hers....and yes, I do love tea a lot!!! kiss

Give reason a chance before you label things "wrong".

u may try to sound as rational as you like, we know your type.
So..it is her personal topics that are front page worthy, abi?
Why MUST ALL her topics be pushed to the front page by herself? Is it because she knows it will create little traffic if she left it?
Smh.
The more u try to sound like u know what u're saying, the more ridiculous u show yourself to be.
And why must we look elsewhere if we 'find topics on the front page that we do not view as interesting?'. When the front page is supposed to be a hot page-so to say- of the frontline topics posted.
I am not against her topics making front page, neither am I against her as a person. I dont even know her. All we are saying is, If her topics are a must read, let her try posting them in their right places and let them generate traffic on their own.

And why should i post links of interesting topics when the complaints and petitions of those that actually bothered to do so fell and continually falls on deaf ears?
I do not have ur time.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2012
Being a great player doesn't imply being a great coach maradona shld go and sit down
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Maleeq(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2012
Wislet: u may try to sound as rational as you like, we know your type.
So..it is her personal topics that are front page worthy, abi?
Why MUST ALL her topics be pushed to the front page by herself? Is it because she knows it will create little traffic if she left it?
Smh.
The more u try to sound like u know what u're saying, the more ridiculous u show yourself to be.
And why must we look elsewhere if we 'find topics on the front page that we do not view as interesting?'. When the front page is supposed to be a hot page-so to say- of the frontline topics posted.
I am not against her topics making front page, neither am I against her as a person. I dont even know her. All we are saying is, If her topics are a must read, let her try posting them in their right places and let them generate traffic on their own.

And why should i post links of interesting topics when the complaints and petitions of those that actually bothered to do so fell and continually falls on deaf ears?
I do not have ur time.
Ok.
Re: Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager by Havilah93(m): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2012
maradona is not a coaching material...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Falcons Will Rule Africa Again – Oshoala / Super Falcons Felicia Eze Dies At 38! / Tricks On Bet9ja Virtual.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.