Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! (847 Views)

APC Crisis: No Peace Until Saraki, Dogara Apologise – Tinubu / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / Goodluck Bows In Defeat To Power Crisis. No Solution Within Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by UKBobo(m): 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
If Nigerians could be offered the same lack of leadership, crisis, lack of power, bad roads, tribal clashes that has resulted from Nigerian leadership... or an International management team to run all corridors of power (to provide light), working roads, a responsive and sensitive police force, functioning public health sector, etc... which occurs in countries like Norway, South Korea etc...

What would you choose between and why?
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by Beaf: 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
UK Bobo: If Nigerians could be offered the same lack of leadership, crisis, lack of power, bad roads, tribal clashes that has resulted from Nigerian leadership... or an International management team to run all corridors of power (to provide light), working roads, a responsive and sensitive police force, functioning public health sector, etc... which occurs in countries like Norway, South Korea etc...

Our problem is not down to a simplistic choice (which by the way, is demeaning).

Our problem is due to a faulty political structure that was set up by winners of the civil war to exploit the resources of the country for personal benefit. Just like your native UK, it is a unitary system, but imagine a situation where every industry in the UK is run down, because some feel it is easier to make a sloven billion or two from North Sea oil blocks in a life of sleaze and extortion enforced with state terror.
They grab you by the balls and the nation by the jugular; they actively work to entrench chaos, because the ability to organise is the ability develop and the ability to resist.

In a normal country, no one would even dream to exist as an evil parasite on their own people. For this, we blame Lugard, an evil being who brought strange bed fellows together for reasons of extortion, without as much as getting them to sign a contract of belonging.

I've posted a rather simplistic summary of our problems in reply to your rather simplistic suggestion. Regardless of how simple, our problems can be summed in a single word, "organisation." That single word is all we need and that state of existence will never be acquired until all sides sign up to a contract of belonging and nationhood; that can only come through a national conference.
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by dasparrow: 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2012
Beaf:

Our problem is not down to a simplistic choice (which by the way, is demeaning).

Our problem is due to a faulty political structure that was set up by winners of the civil war to exploit the resources of the country for personal benefit. Just like your native UK, it is a unitary system, but imagine a situation where every industry in the UK is run down, because some feel it is easier to make a sloven billion or two from North Sea oil blocks in a life of sleaze and extortion enforced with state terror.
They grab you by the balls and the nation by the jugular; they actively work to entrench chaos, because the ability to organise is the ability develop and the ability to resist.

In a normal country, no one would even dream to exist as an evil parasite on their own people. For this, we blame Lugard, an evil being who brought strange bed fellows together for reasons of extortion, without as much as getting them to sign a contract of belonging.

I've posted a rather simplistic summary of our problems in reply to your rather simplistic suggestion. Regardless of how simple, our problems can be summed in a single word, "organisation." That single word is all we need and that state of existence will never be acquired until all sides sign up to a contract of belonging and nationhood; that can only come through a national conference.

Very well said! I could not have said it any better.
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by UKBobo(m): 12:08am On Jul 11, 2012
I am friends with an Ivorian guy, whose brother was head-hunted from KFC-Birmingham to work for Chicken Republic and open some new branches in Abuja and Lagos. He came back from his first 6 months in Nigeria and said 'everything is there, apart from organisation'. To organise is actually the easiest thing to do, but I think people make more money moving between the lines so the disorganisation is actually a form of economic national policy.

On this side here, we have better infrastructure but still suffer from an elite driving their wishes against the muted, disenfranchised masses. Look at who runs the economies in the West - banking families - Rothschilds, Rockerfellers - who print money as instant debt instruments. This is why so many countries are now financially screwed.

See the video below for a global overview :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by egift(m): 12:34am On Jul 11, 2012
@OP:
Don't be too disappointed my brother. Nigeria has enough man-power to get it on its feet. Just that past and present leaders of the country have specialized in greedy quest to steal everything possible from the treasury.

One day nemesis will catch up with them. That day Nigerians who are ready to rebuild this nation from the ashes will get the work done.
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by dasparrow: 12:37am On Jul 11, 2012
UK Bobo: If Nigerians could be offered the same lack of leadership, crisis, lack of power, bad roads, tribal clashes that has resulted from Nigerian leadership... or an International management team to run all corridors of power (to provide light), working roads, a responsive and sensitive police force, functioning public health sector, etc... which occurs in countries like Norway, South Korea etc...

My question to you is: an international management team from where? From europe and north america that will consist of white people who overwhelmingly believe that Africans are inferior and as such should be treated worse than you folks treat your dogs and cats? We Africans saw the unspeakable atrocities europeans engulfed in when they took hold of leadership in South Africa, a once upon a time all-black African nation. The racial segregation, the curfews, the shooting of young African school children, the forbidding of black south African children from studying science subjects such as biology, physics and chemistry in school, and much more.

The world saw what americans of european descent did to people of African descent in america. The endless lynchings of black people based solely on racial hate, the rise of the Ku klux clan, intense racial segregation, the tuskegee experiment where american whites infected their fellow citizens of African descent with syphilis and many more horrid atrocities.

The point I am trying to make is this: I will rather choose a crises ridden Nigeria ruled by fellow Nigerians or even other black Africans over a Nigeria that will be 'managed' by you whites. I do NOT trust you people one bit because you europeans along with your descendants in north and south america have a very long dark history of treating Africans and their descendents with so much hatred and disdain as if it is our fault that we were brought into this world with a sun-kissed brown skin and tight curly hair. I will not want my kids to live in a country that will be perpetually 'managed' by a people who call us 'Niggers' and have no respect or regards for us. A people that will take all the well paying managerial jobs in our country and leave the cleaning jobs and crappy low paying jobs for the black Africans.

Did uninvited english/british heiffers like lugard the arse wipe consult with all the various ethnic groups that make up Nigeria before lumping them all togther? Did he (lugard, the evil genius) ask for their permission? Did he bother to check if they are culturally and linguistically compatible with each other or not? of course not! and then an englishman like you comes on our forum to chat shit. I don't blame you. If I alone consisted of Nigeria or even Africa, we won't be in the mess we are in today. I will also keep europeans and their descendants at bay and will make sure I never to come to them for anything even if my life depended on it.

I'm out!
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by UKBobo(m): 1:55am On Jul 11, 2012
Thanks for your replies, very honest and sincere. I was keen to stress International management because I did not want it to descend into a black/white historical diatribe. We have completely abused and stripped the world of any iota of fraternity over the past 500 years, history is very clear on that issue (be it Africa, Americas or Asia...).I actually believe that there is a strong pathological gene inherent in Caucasian males, but I digress.

When I referred to International, I meant a professional management team culled on the basis of their skills and drawn from places like S. Korea, Brasil, Norway, China etc... where they are paid to push the country on in leaps and bounds...to a place, which quite frankly, I believe the Nigerian people deserve.

As it is now, it seems like the whole country has been kidnapped by the elite, who have a large ransom for you all to be set free.
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by kunlekunle: 3:28am On Jul 11, 2012
you need strong work ethics.
The london underground ltd has an acrony of work ISIT
everyone has to be informed
everyone has to be shown
everyo ne has to be instucted
everyone has to be trained

should any incident happens those are the things the prosecutors would ask you.

They should make the regulations known to all and their penalties when breached.
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by kunlekunle: 3:35am On Jul 11, 2012
UK Bobo: Thanks for your replies, very honest and sincere. I was keen to stress International management because I did not want it to descend into a black/white historical diatribe. We have completely abused and stripped the world of any iota of fraternity over the past 500 years, history is very clear on that issue (be it Africa, Americas or Asia...).I actually believe that there is a strong pathological gene inherent in Caucasian males, but I digress.

When I referred to International, I meant a professional management team culled on the basis of their skills and drawn from places like S. Korea, Brasil, Norway, China etc... where they are paid to push the country on in leaps and bounds...to a place, which quite frankly, I believe the Nigerian people deserve.

As it is now, it seems like the whole country has been kidnapped by the elite, who have a large ransom for you all to be set free.

Guys from those countries only have and adhere to their work ethics, we dont need them.
communication
employment rights
right to refuse work rights
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by koruji(m): 4:03am On Jul 11, 2012
There is nothing more asinine to think up, but. . .but in reality the level of incompetence almost everywhere you look in Nigeria is that bad.

I hope you realize I am not calling you names.

Still, this is an impossibility. It is like saying that Lord Luggard was better than the Oba of Lagos in administering Lagos - even in those days no foreigner was better than an indigenous ruler.

Nigeria really has the talented few, but they are overwhelmed by the hordes charlattans. It is only a completely impersonal system, no doubt with the solid help of a powerful foreign ally, that can help such people ever make it to the top of Nigeria's administrative ladder.

Unless these talented few take over our affairs, we are at the mercy of frauds and the salve that comes from non-hope hopes.

UK Bobo: Thanks for your replies, very honest and sincere. I was keen to stress International management because I did not want it to descend into a black/white historical diatribe. We have completely abused and stripped the world of any iota of fraternity over the past 500 years, history is very clear on that issue (be it Africa, Americas or Asia...).I actually believe that there is a strong pathological gene inherent in Caucasian males, but I digress.

Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by kunlekunle: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2012
[quote author=koruji]There is nothing more asinine to think up, but. . .but in reality the level of incompetence almost everywhere you look in Nigeria is that bad.

I hope you realize I am not calling you names.

Still, this is an impossibility. It is like saying that Lord Luggard was better than the Oba of Lagos in administering Lagos - even in those days no foreigner was better than an indigenous ruler.

Nigeria really has the talented few, but they are overwhelmed by the hordes charlattans. It is only a completely impersonal system, no doubt with the solid help of a powerful foreign ally, that can help such people ever make it to the top of Nigeria's administrative ladder.

if you were around 84/85 you'll realise the level of sanity attained in work places.
when a just man is at the top, the good and ethical ones are not afraid of discharging their duties.
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by Rossikk(m): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
Only Nigerians can save Nigeria. When foreigners ruled, believe me the country was 100 times worse. The vast majority of Nigerians were illiterate peasants at independence. No roads, no electricity, no running water etc.. Except for a very very VERY tiny few who enjoyed those facilities. Owning a bicycle then was considered a luxury. Checking out of the country was not an option. Check out to where? When you could barely read and write? Today, we complain that our people are going to work abroad - UK, US, SA, Ghana etc. Some even consider that signs of a ''failed state'' But back then even THAT was a luxury. Where would you find money to go and settle in another country, and start business? I mean come on. Please guy, just forget the idea of foreigners coming in to save us. WE will get there eventually. In fact we're not doing badly compared to where we were in the past.
Re: PEACE Or CRISIS - No NIGERIAN Is Fit To Govern The Country! by UKBobo(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
OK, so let's say it is new country syndrome...like the US, where North and South were so different that wars had to be fought and blood spilt liberally before a new national psyche took place...eventually. I hope the crisis does not last long, my girlfriend wants me to move and settle back with her in Lagos. grin

(1) (Reply)

Theodore Orji - Abia State Governor Should Please Resign. / Snc,true Federation Or Break-up,which Is The Best Solution To Nigeria Nemesis? / Why Jonathan Sacked Barth Nnaji-fmr Power Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.