Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? (3848 Views)

Education Is meant for those who can afford it(picture) / Nairaland Interschool Debate: TEAM1: Is Education a Right or a Privilege? / Man Marking WAEC May/june 2015 In A BRT Bus: Right Or Wrong? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by RemmyAlex(m): 11:22am On Dec 04, 2007
Education is essential to create a good world. It is the basis of everything! What would we do without it? What would we be? We need it a lot! We need it for everything!
Everyday, students, go to school, to learn about life stuff, learn about how to do asked chores and how to be the best doing it. That’s one of the goals of schools. Whatever we are doing, we need to do it and being the best.
But the problem is: Is education for everybody or just for somebody? Education is a right or a privilege?
There are some kids, whose parents can’t give them a correctly education - taking them to school. In these cases I can say that education is a privilege.
Sometimes, schools are too far way from home and children have to walk a big distance to get there everyday, in every morning. Moreover, some parents, don’t have the necessary money to pay school fees, school material and even some parents need their children, to help them, doing extra money; even, when the family is rather poor, and don’t have food to eat, good housing and sanitary conditions, it’s almost impossible for them give their children the opportunity to learn. Which more frequent in the poor countries, like India.
There are millions of children whose dream, is going to school, but they don’t get that chance. If families don’t have money, their children won’t go to school. And, in spite of the fact that education is, in some cases, a privilege, many children who have the opportunity to study, don’t take advantage of that.
I think education is a privilege, but it should really be a right. It should be for everyone, with or without money, so that’s the only way to give an end to ignorance and illiteracy.
Re: Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2007
It's really pathetic that in most developing Nations, like our dearly beloved Nigeria too, Education is a Privilege and not a right! Though, it is supposed to be one of our fundamental human right, which is to be cherished by custom and protected by law. . .but, most of our Leaders aren't rising up to make things better. Hence, the advent of the MDGs (Millennium Development Goals) by the United Nations!

Out of the eight stipulated MD Goals, the provision of free formal education as a means of poverty eradication is one of them. and if only our Government could act fast and act well by Making Universal primary education a Political Priority at the highest level, Declare Primary Education FREE and compulsory for all children. . . .Increase domestic funding to basic education and improve its quality. . . . . . . Train and deploy enough teachers, and improve their working conditions,  . . . . .Ensure that schools accommodate all children regardless of their physical, intellectual, emotional, social, linguistic or other conditions, i.e. make special provision for the education of excluded children, such as disabled and other children with special needs, including refugees and displaced children, orphans and working children,  . . . .If all these things are put into place. . .then, we'd be talking about a better Nigeria. . . a

Actually, all these are part of the goals each of the United Nations must meet by the year 2015. . . .but, come to think of it. . . .we seem to be far away from actualising these goal. . . because, there are still millions of "out-of-school" children, some roaming the streets, some in their villages etc. and without basic education. . . .!

[center]Education is a right and not a privilege [/center]
Re: Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by ade4prof: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2007
Education is the process , product and discipline , Process and product as a significant discipline to the leaner.

The Nigeria eduucational development in not in expansion standardlization, The federal governemtn in collaboration with the stakehoulder has calling for National Development on Primary Secondary and univerties standardilzation.

The implementation of the post ume test in Nigeria universities worth the circumstancies of educational Development , He expand the eye of Lecture to base on worthy insluation. I.e Money whihc is in undue process to the constitionlaism on university administration.

The focus on vission 2020 on Educatioanl sysytem in Nigeria and National Development in Nigeria can only be significantly succed and accomplished if Nigeria professor should expand on practical field and battle against Malpractise Education system in Nigeria.

Education is Right and not a priviledge
Re: Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by ruffneck(m): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ade4prof
YOU NO GO KILL ME, LAI.LAI
Re: Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by ade4prof: 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2007
I'm Professor Akingboye Omolade Okolanwon from Lagos State university.
Undergraduate student of physics Department in Physics Faculty of Education of Great Lasuth

I'm writing a publication artilce series Books on

The entitle of Books

Theme or Protrated Topic:

The Tools of Re-engineering and strengthing Educational Standardilization in Nigeria.

I need a student in global Nigeria universities for there contribution

Interested pioneering potential and significant undergraduate student should call me 08086117902 or send electronics e-mail to Box : omolade4site@yahoo.com or Replied back througth Nairaland's Forum

The Supreme God Bless you Supernatural.
Re: Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by RemmyAlex(m): 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2007
Ohhh,
Sir, you refused to contribute to the topic on board instead you invite us to contribute to the development of your book or are u part of LAsuth senate(contolling bodies) about the exhausted school fees in our various institutions.

Well, i will mail you privately cos i'd interested in your book.

Remmy
Re: Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by ade4prof: 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2007
I'm Akingboye Omolade Okalanwon ( Called the youngest Professor of GReat supremeand significant state university) in lagos
Thanks for your contribution for my un - publication article series Bokks writen by Akingboye Omolade

Theme: The Tools of Re-engineering and strengthing the Educational standardalization in Nigeria.
Re: Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by Ralphffith: 10:51am On May 25, 2018
If an educated person have that manners to respect the old and seniors citizen then education is the right thing. School have to teach these manners and do my essay review rules also in the manners of life.
Re: Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by Ayshakhan922(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
According to me, your Teaching style coordinates the way your students learn best with an online training survey. Ensure that you're doing all that you can to guarantee extraordinary understudy learning results. I try to dissertation writing help but still no any site I able to get for this purpose.
Re: Education Is A Right Or A Privilege? by catherinwills: 12:42pm On Jan 03, 2019
Education is most important in your life. There are many children in our country denying education. We must provide proper education for those children. furniture restoration services

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Post Ume Past Question And Info / Official List Of Courses Offered In Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA / Scholarship Opportunities Abroad For Nigerians 2018-2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.