Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

FG Set To Reverse Monetisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Set To Reverse Monetisation (1143 Views)

PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY: APC Leader Warns Delegates Against Monetisation Of Votes. / House Of Reps Passes Motion To Reverse Subsidy Removal - Sai, Tambuwal / FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by illusion2: 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2007
If this goes ahead,then I will lose ALL hope for Nigeria.

I can't believe this,Kingibe is talking about dignity of a Minister? Whereis the service in 'serving your fatherland.

I'm re-iterating if this Kingibe plan goes ahead ,I'm sorry to say we may never move forward as a country.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=96989
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Seun(m): 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2007
"Reverse monetization"?? What does that mean?
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by illusion2: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2007
The OBJ administration introduced monetisation which in effect means rather than the govt providing official cars ,drivers and houses for its employees,it would instead pay them and expect them to sort themselves as is done in most private organisations.

The advantage to govt is legion
1.They no longer appropriate funds to service/maintain houses & cars,as this is transferred to the individual who obviously is in a better position to do this.
2.The govt focuses on governance and does away with non critical job functions like drivers,cleaners etc

In addition you had a situation where a lever 6 officer for e.g would be living in a govt maintained flat in V.I , while his total housing for the year is about N100,000, what does he do? He 'lets' out his official residence and takes up an apartment in the otherside of town,also you'll have Perm Secs having 3 or more 'guest houses' maintained by the govt.

These are just a few of the policies Kingibe(&Yar'Adua) are trying to reverse.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Seun(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2007
I see what you mean. The "monetization" policy seems like the correct way to go. Why do they want to change it?
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by illusion2: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2007
Im not a conspiracy theorist or anything,but the thing is our Northern brothers don't like it,cos they essentially thrive on govt. & the smalle r you try to make govt(which is the in thing round the world) th less the money that flows.

And when one hasn't sufficiently equipped oneself enough to cope in a highly competitive environment,you'll see reversals like this.

N1b,is being estimated to be spent on keeping pool vehicles,drivers etc, It just doesn't make sense.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2007
illusion2:

The OBJ administration introduced monetisation which in effect means rather than the govt providing official cars ,drivers and houses for its employees,it would instead pay them and expect them to sort themselves as is done in most private organisations.

The advantage to govt is legion
1.They no longer appropriate funds to service/maintain houses & cars,as this is transferred to the individual who obviously is in a better position to do this.
2.The govt focuses on governance and does away with non critical job functions like drivers,cleaners etc

In addition you had a situation where a lever 6 officer for e.g would be living in a govt maintained flat in V.I , while his total housing for the year is about N100,000, what does he do? He 'lets' out his official residence and takes up an apartment in the otherside of town,also you'll have Perm Secs having 3 or more 'guest houses' maintained by the govt.

These are just a few of the policies Kingibe(&Yar'Adua) are trying to reverse.

That ought to be the way. I mean I was commenting in another thread on such. Why does the government have to handle the bill for the staff when Government can pay them money so they sort themselves out. Trying to have government do more than it's jobs is the problem we have always had. Why not let Government ACTUALLY deal with what Government is really to do and let people sort themselves out as should be the case.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by folem: 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2007
1 Step Forward and 2 Steps backwards as usual.

Refineries were sold and later there was a rethink but no meaningfull improvements ever since.

NICON was sold and then retaken controversially.

Without monetisation all the Houses of the Legislators would have gulped Billions of Naira in renovations from the  Federal Budget.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2007
All those facilities that were sold away to government functionaries, at nominal cost, are now going to be acquired brand new at market prices. But not to worry, Oil no dey finish now.

OBJ has zero intellectual content, he made matters worse by surrounding himself with criminals and dishonest men who gave him wrong advice. See all his policies are being reversed.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by otokx(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2007
Northern interests ko?
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Crownvilla(m): 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2007
ziddy:

All those facilities that were sold away to government functionaries, at nominal cost, are now going to be acquired brand new at market prices. But not to worry, Oil no dey finish now.

OBJ has zero intellectual content, he made matters worse by surrounding himself with criminals and dishonest men who gave him wrong advice. See all his policies are being reversed.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Crownvilla(m): 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2007
ziddy:

@Ziddy,

Not sure if you support the reversal or not. Can you please expantiate? Thanks.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Jairzinho(m): 9:55am On Dec 05, 2007
Quite sad indeed.

OBJ-Yar'Adua reminds me of OBJ-Shagari transfer of power,may God help us
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Ikomi(m): 11:44am On Dec 05, 2007
ziddy:

When guys like u have no direct, focused comments to make its better u shut up. Dont just type because u have access to a keyboard.

@Topic
With the reversal of Monetisation policy, it is clearly showing that Yaradua and his beloved brother Kingibe has nothing good for that nation. I have always known the Hausas never want anything good for that country and here they are proving it again. In Kingibes words he said:

"The monetisation policy is a laudable approach, as it reduces waste, but it is undignifying to the post of ministers"

That man kingibe must be mad, dignity comes from discipline, honesty and frugal spending, and definitely not in the number or kind of car a minister rides or in encouraging waste.

OBJ should have had his third term rather than have ignorant people like Kingibe.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by illusion2: 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2007
I honestly feel the highest level of disappoiintment possible,can u imagine: "Dignity of a minister"? embarassed embarassed
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2007
Ikomi:

When guys like u have no direct, focused comments to make its better u shut up. Dont just type because u have access to a keyboard.

@Topic
With the reversal of Monetisation policy, it is clearly showing that Yaradua and his beloved brother Kingibe has nothing good for that nation. I have always known the Hausas never want anything good for that country and here they are proving it again. In Kingibes words he said:

"The monetisation policy is a laudable approach, as it reduces waste, but it is undignifying to the post of ministers"

That man kingibe must be mad, dignity comes from discipline, honesty and frugal spending, and definitely not in the number or kind of car a minister rides or in encouraging waste.

OBJ should have had his third term rather than have ignorant people like Kingibe.

You must be an slowpoke. Otherwise you would have realised that the monetisation policy under OBJ administration was hijacked and wrongly implemented in order to benefit certain vested interests. Perquisites attached to certain public offices cannot be monetised, for purposes of national security or the personal security of the holders of such offices. Next time engage your brain properly, before lashing out like a fool on a public forum like this because you are so eager to throw a blanket of tribalism over an otherwise straightforward policy issue. Oponu
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Millena(m): 12:02am On Dec 06, 2007
Ikomi are you really writting from Heaven? Your contribution betrays that.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Ikomi(m): 12:17am On Dec 06, 2007
ziddy:

You must be an slowpoke. Otherwise you would have realised that the monetisation policy under OBJ administration was hijacked and wrongly implemented in order to benefit certain vested interests. Perquisites attached to certain public offices cannot be monetised, for purposes of national security or the personal security of the holders of such offices. Next time engage your brain properly, before lashing out like a fool on a public forum like this because you are so eager to throw a blanket of tribalism over an otherwise straightforward policy issue. Oponu

Well if only u were not short sighted and a senseless elephant, u would understand that 2 wrongs  never make a right.

Monetisation policy is a laudable approach even the govt. that reversed it has said that, dummy. But even if the policy would be detrimental to some areas of govt. which u don't even have enough information to mention, then it still says that total reversal is not proper. Idiot. Rather the Govt. should have thought of finetuning it, than total 2 steps backwards. Now I know why that country wont move forward with cowards like u as followers who will swallow anything for there own benefit. Am sure u have someone in govt who will benefit from the reversal thats why your blindly supporting it. Corrupt idiot like u. How many bribes have u taking this week. That it synonymous with idiots like u who live in Lagos.

Millena:

Ikomi are you really writting from Heaven? Your contribution betrays that.

What is wrong with writing from above? angry
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by oldie(m): 2:45am On Dec 06, 2007
What do you expect from parasites like Kingigbe, who have never done any honest jobs in their entire life, apart from feeding fat on government patronage and politics.
And I don tire for this our president self.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by BlackMamba(m): 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2007
This is an example of the sad state of affairs in Naija. Do we even have folks that understand their roles in the House of Rep and Senate? They ought to be conducting public hearings on this important matter. And the press need to be more aggressive educating the masses on important policies as this.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by illusion2: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2007
I definitely hope & pray this Kingibe gaffe 'll be given a thorough review by the Nat.Assembly
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by illusion2: 8:14am On Jan 11, 2008
Hey people,hope may not be lost after all,I heard on NTA news last nite dat the FG has done a U-turn(yet again ! grin) on this Kingigbe move.

I hope its true,I'll keep u posted.
Re: FG Set To Reverse Monetisation by Jairzinho(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Virgin Nigeria Plane Engine Exploded In Air. / Again, Cbn Sacks Wema Bank Chief, Omoyeni / Nigeria's Most Married Man Arrested For Contempt: Court Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.