Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Awakening The Spirit In African Cinema - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Awakening The Spirit In African Cinema (569 Views)

False Awakening.. / Rude Awakening / My Encounter With Mami-wata Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Awakening The Spirit In African Cinema by Raymagnate(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
A good number of African films are quite beautiful, funny and are quite engaging to the eyes. Beyond doubt, a lot of them are depicting the true African culture, tradition and social lives of African.

In this regard, the African film festival (AFF’s) educational programs brings the unique educational power of film to New York student by integrating African cinema into existing curriculum, illustrating and bringing to life aspects of African culture that student have been studying. Student participating in AFF’s educational programs gain a sense of pride, they equally learn that Africa’s culture remains vital, and make connections between their personal history and Africa’s history.

Irrespective of this achievement and many more, we still need to accept the fact that we still have setback-ranging from our scripts, picture production, sound track, location etc. Our local films industry’s market potentials could be unlocked through creativity and exchanging great ideas with other African countries. On his visit to Nigeria a Hollywood film director has this to say…. “Hollywood has no more stories to tell, it’s just a repetition of what we have been doing before, and we are all looking to Africa and Asia that is why Slumdog Millionaire won many awards”.

We can arouse from our presence state and aim high, we can unite in promoting a culture of knowledge sharing with the ultimate goal of creating a world class cinema in Africa. We believe that a united stand toward innovative and homegrown strategies aimed at marketing and distributing local films throughout the continent would put African cinema on par with global standards.

"The film industry in Rwanda is still considered infantile and many filmmakers make the mistake of creating commercial films that lack artistic flair. We need to teach them to make good quality and professional films. We also need to work together to develop our film industry in convincing others to take us seriously. African filmmakers are ambassadors of Africa - I am ready to help them tell their stories through co-production in my quest to continue to create professional African films." said Joel Karekezi a Rwandan screenwriting teacher and film producer. I just want use this medium and encourage every African screenwriter, producers, actors and actresses to intensify in their respective careers and put more effort in obtaining a collective responsibility.

(1) (Reply)

Why Fear Death….. / 'my Fear' / Men Of God Or Men Of Greed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.