Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,129 members, 7,867,270 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:05 PM

Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates (47852 Views)

Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread / Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / #NigeriaDecides2015: Presidential/National Assembly Election Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2012
Updates:
Ekosodin polling unit: ACN 777, PDP 109.
Uniben polling unit: ACN 690, PDP 60.

Frawzey.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Buggiano(m): 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
In my unit, no vote for oda party. 100% 4 oshio baba. If any try ring dis election, every where red.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2012
Check for updates here about the election results: http://abusidiqu.com/?p=2547

Frawzey.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2012
And until it is, we will not rest.

"We shall never cease from striving and the end of our striving will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time" ~ T.S. Elliot

Two quotes that sums up our drive here tonight.

Until the results are out...we will neither cease nor rest.

Frawzey.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ariy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
ayox2003: Major
General Charles Airhiavbe, PDP Governorship candidate in Edo state, lost
his polling unit at Garrick memorial ACN 965 PDP 196.

Frawzey.

unbelievable with dat margin

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by emiye(m): 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2012
By now, political parties who are top contenders should have collated their result, and the unofficial result should have been determined. Most of our political parties are many times not proactive in curbing "overnight abracadabra"

Edo state has roughly 2,600 polling units and 18 local governments, this translates to average of 150 polling units per local government. A party like ACN is expected to have agents in all the 2,600 polling units. Each agent can simply be mandated, after votes count to immediately send a text message to a designated phone number for each local government (top 3 candidates result). The local government co-ordinator then updates the results as (s)he receives it on a computer spreadsheet like excel. The 18 local government co-ordinators simply add the results together, and obtain the final result. This should not take more than 2hours after votes count.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by jude33084(m): 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2012
ariy: unbelievable with dat margin

You better believe it because it was a song at Garrick memorial secondary sch opposite uniben Ekewan campus cheesy
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by seyola(m): 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2012
emiye: By now, political parties who are top contenders should have collated their result, and the unofficial result should have been determined. Most of our political parties are many times not proactive in curbing "overnight abracadabra"

Edo state has roughly 2,600 polling units and 18 local governments, this translates to average of 150 polling units per local government. A party like ACN is expected to have agents in all the 2,600 polling units. Each agent can simply be mandated, after votes count to immediately send a text message to a designated phone number for each local government (top 3 candidates result). The local government co-ordinator then updates the results as (s)he receives it on a computer spreadsheet like excel. The 18 local government co-ordinators simply add the results together, and obtain the final result. This should not take more than 2hours after votes count.
u've spoken well my guy
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by OmoTier1(m): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
emiye: By now, political parties who are top contenders should have collated their result, and the unofficial result should have been determined. Most of our political parties are many times not proactive in curbing "overnight abracadabra"

chill.... that has already been done! where do you think the results being broadcasted worldwide are flying out from? The big challenge is getting to prevent INEC from changing the result sheet with PDP branded ones!That is why men are awake all night! PDP and Anenih don fall like a poisoned rat.

Edos liberated themsleves through the courts in 2008 and we thought that would send the right message to those crooks but no they refused to listen. Now we are sending them the message loud and clear with our thumbs!

One more state less the PDP controls, one step closer it is for Nigeria to be fully liberated !

3 Likes

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by confy911(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
Thank God
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Godysien(m): 9:59pm On Jul 14, 2012
ayox2003: And until it is, we will not rest.

"We shall never cease from striving and the end of our striving will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time" ~ T.S. Elliot

Two quotes that sums up our drive here tonight.

Until the results are out...we will neither cease nor rest.

Frawzey.
My brother, i really appreciate d spirit of true patroitism that is working in u. I'm not an Edo guy, but because i've some gud friends from Edo State like Aigbe Best, Libreth Omenhen etc, i had to follow the entire election process all day long with keen interest cos i like good governance. Pls keep pressing harder to get ur rightful candidate to the govt house. Meanwhile from all the reports here i can see that Mr. Adams Oshiomole is on his way back to governance. Indeed u are a good Pressman. Congrats!
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by OAM4J: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2012
Waiting for more results o. Update please!
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by emiye(m): 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
chill.... that has already been done! where do you think the results being broadcasted worldwide are flying out from? The big challenge is getting to prevent INEC from changing the result sheet with PDP branded ones!That is why men are awake all night! PDP and Anenih don fall like a poisoned rat.

Edos liberated themsleves through the courts in 2008 and we thought that would send the right message to those crooks but no they refused to listen. Now we are sending them the message loud and clear with our thumbs!

One more state less the PDP controls, one step closer it is for Nigeria to be fully liberated !

I am not talking of this highly un co-ordinated trickle in results, i am talking of the total collated result.

Out of the over 2,600 polling units result, i doubt if you have obtained up to 200 polling unit results (less than 10%)
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
Godysien: My brother, i really appreciate d spirit of true patroitism that is working in u. I'm not an Edo guy, but because i've some gud friends from Edo State like Aigbe Best, Libreth Omenhen etc, i had to follow the entire election process all day long with keen interest cos i like good governance. Pls keep pressing harder to get ur rightful candidate to the govt house. Meanwhile from all the reports here i can see that Mr. Adams Oshiomole is on his way back to governance. Indeed u are a good Pressman. Congrats!

Thanks.

I just wanna see how this election is gonna be rigged. And thats if its gonna be. Cos I think those guys have lost the "appetite" to rig. Lol. I'm no prophet but if Adams is not announced as the winner of this election, hmmm...

Frawzey
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2012
Updates: Isiukhukhu unit, ward 3, in Ovia North-East LGA.
ACN: 122, PDP 17

Frawzey.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by okosodo: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
edo people dey vex
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by OmoTier1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
emiye:

I am not talking of this highly un co-ordinated trickle in results, i am talking of the total collated result.

Out of the over 2,600 polling units result, i doubt if you have obtained up to 200 polling unit results (less than 10%)

it is only how to theorize people like you know! Always thinking they know better than others. FYI, the whole of Edo State was fully networked and as I type this from my base in the UK, we know the largely the votes that have accrued to the opponents and those that accrue to the ACN. You mention 200 polling units, need I point you to some results already flying around from the mega polling units? From Ovia to Igarra, from Orhionwnon to Igueben... so dude chilax.

Tomorrow afternoon you will hear the result.... a swipe!
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2012
At Odionwere collation Centre. ​Music is on: "Let us carry ADAMS UP and throw "soja" away, UP UP ADAMS down down "soja" lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Frawzey.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2012
Updates: Estako Central LG- Unemeh Udochi
Unit 1 ACN 371, PDP 29;
Unit 2 ACN 374, PDP 37;
Unit 3 ACN 227, PDP 19.

Frawzey.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by emiye(m): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
it is only how to theorize people like you know! Always thinking they know better than others. FYI, the whole of Edo State was fully networked and as I type this from my base in the UK, we know the largely the votes that have accrued to the opponents and those that accrue to the ACN. You mention 200 polling units, need I point you to some results already flying around from the mega polling units? From Ovia to Igarra, from Orhionwnon to Igueben... so dude chilax.

Tomorrow afternoon you will hear the result.... a swipe!

I am way practical for you to understand me, i told you the total results should be out by 10pm (at least 3 hours after votes count). You have the results from your UK base, shocked and you cant declare it on nairaland shocked shocked

You have the result, and we need to wait till tomorrow afternoon? angry angry
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Demdem(m): 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2012
Edo people simply don't want to associate with the killer party. That's a good development.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2012
....Some youths refused the $100 offered them to vote for PDP during elections.

Patriotism at its best.

Frawzey.

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by OmoTier1(m): 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
emiye:

I am way practical for you to understand me, i told you the total results should be out by 10pm (at least 3 hours after votes count). You have the results from your UK base, shocked and you cant declare it on nairaland shocked shocked

You have the result, and we need to wait till tomorrow afternoon? angry angry
Why would you want to post results that are unofficial on NL? FYI, Nigerians are now wiser than before. ACN as a party, though I am not a member of the party is more than capable of fielding party agents in every polling unit in the state and indeed, during the 2011 General elections, I voted in the same polling Unit with one of the Commissioners and also the PDP candidate for House of Rep. Right on the spot after results were collated around 2.35pm, figures were forwarded via text to ACN collection center, (God knows where) along with photos of the result sheet as pasted on the walls.

So chilax, I understand what you are pointing at and the top parties already have that as part of their strategy for the night. It would be wrong for any party to start parading any result collated in-house as official. Again, this is the citizen's reportage and it is the best way for the true winner to be known well before INEC announces the result.

In a sane society, the results from the polling units would have formed an opinion poll and the winner would be projected. But this is Nigeria and we are not where most of the advanced democracies are yet but we the step we have taken today in Edo State, in no distant future, we sure be there..

Again, I say Chilax....
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by sultaan(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2012
^^^^

Trust me dey no lose appetite na the Aso-Rock support for mago-mago, do/rule or die election wey don pass, GEJ know say he no go fit upset those who put am for office, if you leave the choice to people most of the time they make good decisions.PDP stole its way into power and they don't know its possible to with elections if the right candidate is presented.I hope all states get to have a government that truely represent the desire of the people the west is more peaceful not that the "PDP Rascal" are gone. If each of the present administrations make a modest improvement that complement the party's aim.

Instead of throwing too much money at roads, reviving rail line to connect some core areas will connect cities.

Imagine Ibadan-Abeokuta-Otta-Lagos rail system with Ibadan-Sagamu- Lagos, and Benin-Sagamu- Lagos network with Benin line as gateway to East.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by tnktosin(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2012
Sijo01:

Aproko! tongue tongue tongue
grin grin grin
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by emiye(m): 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Why would you want to post results that are unofficial on NL? FYI, Nigerians are now wiser than before. ACN as a party, though I am not a member of the party is more than capable of fielding party agents in every polling unit in the state and indeed, during the 2011 General elections, I voted in the same polling Unit with one of the Commissioners and also the PDP candidate for House of Rep. Right on the spot after results were collated around 2.35pm, figures were forwarded via text to ACN collection center, (God knows where) along with photos of the result sheet as pasted on the walls.

So chilax, I understand what you are pointing at and the top parties already have that as part of their strategy for the night. It would be wrong for any party to start parading any result collated in-house as official. Again, this is the citizen's reportage and it is the best way for the true winner to be known well before INEC announces the result.

In a sane society, the results from the polling units would have formed an opinion poll and the winner would be projected. But this is Nigeria and we are not where most of the advanced democracies are yet but we the step we have taken today in Edo State, in no distant future, we sure be there..

Again, I say Chilax....

From your first statement, i want to believe you are not in touch with reality, why are you on this thread by the way?. People want live updates to gauge where the pendulum of the election is swinging to,

Dont use the word chilax any more, it is pretty annoying, you dont "chilax" against a party known to be expert in overnight abracadabra, you act proactively, you do a quick collation,and release un official result and stimulate widespread jubilation, while the PDP is still planning out evil schemes, it send fears down their spine.

At the last gubernatorial elction, Stories abound of where opposition parties were leading before the "night" in some states and had lost in the morning. Delta state DPP is one, Benue State ACN is another, it goes on and on and on......

You dont "chillax" against a cunning fox like PDP, do you get it?

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2012
sultaan: ^^^^

Trust me dey no lose appetite na the Aso-Rock support for mago-mago, do/rule or die election wey don pass, GEJ know say he no go fit upset those who put am for office, if you leave the choice to people most of the time they make good decisions.PDP stole its way into power and they don't know its possible to with elections if the right candidate is presented.I hope all states get to have a government that truely represent the desire of the people the west is more peaceful now that the "PDP Rascal" are gone. If each of the present administrations make a modest improvement that complement the party's aim.

Instead of throwing too much money at roads, reviving rail line to connect some core areas will connect cities.

Imagine Ibadan-Abeokuta-Otta-Lagos rail system with Ibadan-Sagamu- Lagos, and Benin-Sagamu- Lagos network with Benin line as gateway to East.

Reminds me of Adedibu in Oyo-state. While he was alive, he was the political Juggernaut in those days.

Ah! Nigerians don suffer....na time to enjoy be this abeg.

Frawzey.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ayox2003: 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2012
Results in ticks: Owan East: ACN 11277 , PDP 5622

Countdown to final results

Frawzey.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by FriendMark(m): 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2012
[size=14pt]Edo people are not smiling.[/size] angry
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Meloy: 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2012
situation report plz. Baba Oshiomole must be dia.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by MUNEER2(m): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2012
I hope say magic no go fit happen overnight
We're kinda used to such news in Nigeria...
I wish Osho baba good luck not Goodluck grin
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by MUNEER2(m): 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
I hope say magic no go fit happen overnight
We're kinda used to such news in Nigeria...
I wish Osho baba good luck not Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

Hottest African First Ladies / Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both / SGF Boss Mustapha Loses Polling Unit To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.