Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages (26931 Views)

Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto / Yoruba Elders Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Their Land Or: Vanguard / Jubilation In Plateau As INEC Declares APC’s Lalong Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 15, 2012
cheddarking:

In other words, you have no concrete solution.

Joskid I don't condone the fulani's actions and I definitely believe in self-defence BUT
The Berom are not exactly saints either...We've all seen the videos of the Berom killing and the roasting to EAT some unfortunate fulani.

The problem is...
WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?

At what point can both parties be satisfied that Ti.t was exactly sufficient for Tat and no more?

If both parties continue to tow the line of violence, then the number casualties would be enormous on both sides.
So much so perhaps, that any possible victories would be seen as Pyrrhic in nature.

If you are one of those that subscribe to splitting the country, be reminded that while the security forces in Jos have been rightly lambasted for their gross inefficiencies, It is these same forces that have prevented the fracas from degenerating into an all out war.

What then is the solution?

A tiny country like Britain at one point ruled more than half the world's population partially through military might AND
mainly through DIPLOMACY and NEGOTIATION

If there is to be lasting peace in the region, eventually both parties must sit down to hammer out a deal.

Ok let me explain why I was vague. No true Berom person would want to give away control of his rightful ancestral land...nor share it with any other Nigerian ethnic group as their ancestral lands as well. Every ethnic group has their own origins. Since I have grown up in Jos I have heard a lot of nonsense. For a long time, there was this image of the Berom person as being too simple and accommodating to the point of foolishness. And this view even from other Christian ethnic groups as well. Unlike MOST other ethnic groups who have ruled Plateau, the Beroms are the least corrupt, and even with Jang as Governor he has the solid infra structures to show for all the money he gets. Now, I have personally seen how many think that because the Beroms have been so accommodating, they should simply vacate their lands and allow others take it. And this mistake came even from the colonial days when the British took over lands for mining based on a 99 year lease...and settler mining towns like Jos and the others that slowly spread were as a result of that...no true compensation were given by the British and it is assumed after the 99 year lease, the land revolves back to its true owners.

Plateau State as en entity belongs to the indigenous people who have lived there even before the British arrived. If other ethnic groups want to peacefully settle...sure, they are welcome to. But there are rules to be heeded to. However, if in some foolish bravado some ethnic groups think that they have the backing of powerful ex-generals and even the apparatus of the Federal Government to insult indigenous and trample on state laws....then such are not welcomed in Plateau State. It is that simple.

With regards to the videos of people eating human flesh...are you really sure about their ethnic identities being Berom? Do you also realize that the place the unfortunate incident happened was in an area where there were many other ethnic groups--both indigenous and settler as well?
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by cheddarking(m): 4:22am On Jul 15, 2012
naijaking1:
Stake holder
I'm talkng about the principle here! How did our society grow to be very corrupt, very myopic, and very I'm-happy-it's-not-happening-to-me?
If you're not jaundiced in your view, your question would have gone something like: what can we do sto stop the marauding Fulanis to stop? Instead, the question has been what the Berom victims could do?
Vacate their land by force, disappear, jump into the ocean?

And so evicting them from the lands they've lived in for years is the solution?

or the Beroms should buy Rambo guns and start hunting fulani?

1st have you thought of what a dangerous precedent the government is/would be setting by evicting the Fulanis?
This would mean that any indigenous community could eject resident Nigerians from different tribes simply because THEY DON'T GET ALONG.
Now you are an Ibo man. Many Ibos have significant business intrests in Lagos. Your Logic will allow indigenous Lagosians to kick all ibo out because they steal all the business/speak a different language/are just not yoruba.

2nd Violence begets Violence my friend. Want an example of what inter-tribal warfare can do to a nation? Look at RWANDA...
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by cheddarking(m): 4:28am On Jul 15, 2012
joskid:

Plateau State as en entity belongs to the indigenous people

Wrong...Plateau state belongs to all Nigerians
This is the pervading mentality in most Nigerians we need to change.
We may not all like each other, but we are stuck with each other, so we have to start thinking as a Nation not a group of tribes.
Only then can we progress.

joskid:
With regards to the videos of people eating human flesh...are you really sure about their ethnic identities being Berom? Do you also realize that the place the unfortunate incident happened was in an area where there were many other ethnic groups--both indigenous and settler as well?

It was confirmed by the BBC.
The reporter actually spoke to some of the people while they feasted on their grisly meal.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Emperiorceasar(m): 4:45am On Jul 15, 2012
youngies: There is a fresh tension in some recently attacked villages in Plateau State after the Special Task Force (STF), charged with maintaining peace in Plateau, gave inhabitants of some crisis-prone villages 48 hours to vacate their communities.

In a statement, STF spokesman, Salisu Mustapha, said that a "military operation" is going on in the affected areas located in Barkin-Ladi and Riyom Local Governments.

"The inhabitants of the affected areas are to vacate immediately with their property," the statement stated.

The affected villages include - Mahanga, Kakuruk, Maseh and Shong 2.

The statement did not say where the inhabitants of the villages should head to, and whether they would be resettled.

A resident of one of the villages said it was unfair and uncharitable for the STF to order them out of their ancestral villages without providing alternatives.

"We know no other home," he said. "Where do they want us to go? Why must they treat us as if we are foreigners in our own country."

The villager indicated that he and his kinsmen might disregard the STF's order "since we have no were to go".

The STF however, advised residents of neighbouring settlements such as KuraFalls, Kuzuk, Sharuk, Rim of Gashish Districts not to panic.

"Residents of such areas should just be very careful of their movement within the area and avoid places of military operation until further notice," the STF said.

The task force also advised people to report any suspicious movement or activities in their areas.

The military operation may have resulted from the incessant attacks by gunmen on some communities in the areas.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1996-tension-in-plateau-as-stf-orders-fulani-out-of-ancestral-villages
at least they should have provided an alternative place for them to stay
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by naijaking1: 4:49am On Jul 15, 2012
cheddarking:

And so evicting them from the lands they've lived in for years is the solution?

or the Beroms should buy Rambo guns and start hunting fulani?

1st have you thought of what a dangerous precedent the government is/would be setting by evicting the Fulanis?
This would mean that any indigenous community could eject resident Nigerians from different tribes simply because THEY DON'T GET ALONG.
Now you are an Ibo man. Many Ibos have significant business intrests in Lagos. Your Logic will allow indigenous Lagosians to kick all ibo out because they steal all the business/speak a different language/are just not yoruba.

2nd Violence begets Violence my friend. Want an example of what inter-tribal warfare can do to a nation? Look at RWANDA...

My brother, look I am not here to advocate violence, but the fact and my personal conviction remains that if I must die at the hands of an unjust enemy, i would rather do so standing, rather than kneeling, begging, or even in a prison, only to be executed later.

Now, it's IGBO not Ibo, unless you simply meant to mispronounce it as many people do with disrespect.
The example with Igbos in Lagos is not a good one, because i have never heard of Igbos leaving in Kano or Lagos for the past 200 years claiming "ancestral" rights and privilages as these Fulanis do in Jos.
You well know that both Zik and Ojukwu were born in northern Nigeria, just like many other Igbos whose great-great grand father travelled and settled peacefully in whatever sabon gari they could find without claiming ownership.

The above situation didn't apply to Fulanis, because they have a superiority complex. They have ancestral homes in Jos? Soon they will show you their ancestral homes in Markurdi, Enugu, PG, and Calabar!
Spare us the talk about where they will go, this is Nigeria, we're all corrupt, tribalistic, lazy, ineffective, and everybody has a "hometown" where your great--great grand father comes from. We're not like the US yet where birth in a particular state, or one habitation entitles one to "ancestral" privilages.

The displaced Fulanis, though angry, and naturally disappointed will always find their way home, their home. Just like the Igbos.
As the northerners massacred their Igbo neighbours, some of whom have lived amonsgt them for 2-3 generations, many of these Igbos returned east to nothing, no house, no job, and no realization of what's going on.

So, please don't asked me where the Fulanis will go.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 15, 2012
Stop quoting an entire news article just to post one line comment.
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 15, 2012
cheddarking:

We may not all like each other, but we are stuck with each other, so we have to start thinking as a Nation not a group of tribes.

It was confirmed by the BBC.
The reporter actually spoke to some of the people while they feasted on their grisly meal.

Here is an OPEN secret: Most so-called Nigerians are more patriotic to their city or state of origins than to this increasingly senseless
entity called Nigeria. And there is NOTHING wrong with that! I grew up all my life in Jos and has always been proud of it. And even within Plateau
we see people also PROUD of the villages they came from. Even if they have a house in Jos, they are always in contact with their ancestral homes. And this
is why there isn't much inter-ethnic problems within the ethnic groups in Plateau. Why? Because everyone respected the other person's "SPACE".

However, this is not so with the Hausa Fulanis. If you claim you have a proud heritage why don't you also proudly develop your own states or wherever you come from? Why use the name Nigeria as a code word for justifying senseless aggression against minorities and other groups not aligned with your thinking? I am beginning to suspect that the reason why some ethnic groups use the Nigerian card to justify certain lawless actions is because they have much more to lose if the entity Nigeria ceases to exist. (think all the "oil" goodies). The beauty of Christianity is that it allows the natives in Plateau to maintain a sensible natural population that can be self-sustaining with or without oil--simply reflecting economic realities. I know many in their mid 30s who are not married but thinking about a better future for any kids they would have. But show me a Hausa Fulani man in his mid 30s I would show you a man who is almost now a grandfather of many children because his teenage daughter is now pregnant. How do you expect people with vastlu different mindsets as far as the sun is from Pluto to share the same State or even share the same country?

Now, did the BBC ask these people eating human flesh to actually SPEAK Berom? Did the youths actually say they were Berom?
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by phildon: 4:50am On Jul 15, 2012
It is only a matter of time. This injustice meted on the Fulanis will return even from Niger Rep, in the form of the killing of another innocent children of Berom. Too bad!
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 15, 2012
phildon: It is only a matter of time. This injustice meted on the Fulanis will return even from Niger Rep, in the form of the killing of another innocent children of Berom. Too bad!

And this would be a very welcome development as it would represent MORE EVIDENCE as to why no one can cohabit with such a people--especially those who have also rejected Christ.

As I mentioned ealrier., judgment day will be a very interesting day to witness.
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by naijaking1: 4:59am On Jul 15, 2012
cheddarking:

Wrong, not as you think, unless you're thinking with a mentality of superiority.
The christians in the north are not treated equally, some people are not allowed into certain places because of their tribe or even religion. Plateau first of all belongs to the indigenes, natives, or original owners. Berom people like any group that owns major Nigerian cities have always been deridded and made fun of, but it's their land. In Enugu, they make fun of the Nike/Ngwo people people for being so foolish as to seel all their lands, in PH, the Ikwerre people bear the brunt of the jokes, Ibadan, Calabar, and even Lagos the same.
I don't see myself getting out of Sabon gari Kano, and crossing Kofar mata into the main Kano city to claim that "Kano belongs to all Nigerians" If you can't do it in Kano, why should Fulanis like you hold that opinion in Jos

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 15, 2012
naijaking1:

Wrong, not as you think, unless you're thinking with a mentality of superiority.
The christians in the north are not treated equally, some people are not allowed into certain places because of their tribe or even religion. Plateau first of all belongs to the indigenes, natives, or original owners. Berom people like any group that owns major Nigerian cities have always been deridded and made fun of, but it's their land. In Enugu, they make fun of the Nike/Ngwo people people for being so foolish as to seel all their lands, in PH, the Ikwerre people bear the brunt of the jokes, Ibadan, Calabar, and even Lagos the same.
I don't see myself getting out of Sabon gari Kano, and crossing Kofar mata into the main Kano city to claim that "Kano belongs to all Nigerians" If you can't do it in Kano, why should Fulanis like you hold that opinion in Jos

Agreed. And this is why the nonsense HAD TO STOP. Even if it would cost more blood!
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by cheddarking(m): 5:03am On Jul 15, 2012
naijaking1:

The example with Igbos in Lagos is not a good one, because i have never heard of Igbos leaving in Kano or Lagos for the past 200 years claiming "ancestral" rights and privilages as these Fulanis do in Jos.

The above situation didn't apply to Fulanis, because they have a superiority complex. They have ancestral homes in Jos? Soon they will show you their ancestral homes in Markurdi, Enugu, PG, and Calabar!

The ancestral right claiming and violent natures of the fulani are only the REASONS the Berom do not get on with the Fulani.

It does not change the fact that a precedent is being/has been set where an Indigenous Nigerians community can eject non-indigenous Nigerians from the community because they do not get along. Anybody can supply a REASON for enmity.

Spare us the talk about where they will go, this is Nigeria, we're all corrupt, tribalistic, lazy, ineffective, and everybody has a "hometown" where your great--great grand father comes from. We're not like the US yet where birth in a particular state, or one habitation entitles one to "ancestral" privilages.

This is the mentality that needs to be changed. As long as Nigerians think like you, then we as a nation cannot progress.

Finally,

Now, it's IGBO not Ibo, unless you simply meant to mispronounce it as many people do with disrespect.

I stand corrected.
I should know better being half Igbo myself... grin
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by cheddarking(m): 5:11am On Jul 15, 2012
joskid:

Here is an OPEN secret: Most so-called Nigerians are more patriotic to their city or state of origins than to this increasingly senseless
entity called Nigeria. And there is NOTHING wrong with that! I grew up all my life in Jos and has always been proud of it. And even within Plateau
we see people also PROUD of the villages they came from. Even if they have a house in Jos, they are always in contact with their ancestral homes. And this
is why there isn't much inter-ethnic problems within the ethnic groups in Plateau. Why? Because everyone respected the other person's "SPACE".

The fact that majority of Nigerians think like this DOES NOT make it right.
I'm tired of having to constantly explain why we have to think as a nation instead of as a group of tribes.

If we split up, I can guarantee that violence will be overwhelming.
Will the Berom want their own republic? or Will they be yoked to a Core north in which they are a minority to be oppressed forever?
We Nigerians fail to think,we prefer letting our emotions rule and thats why we are in the sorry state we are in today.
LOGIC IS A BITTER PILL.

Now, did the BBC ask these people eating human flesh to actually SPEAK Berom? Did the youths actually say they were Berom?

Listen for yourself.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00fvldf
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by betrani(m): 5:18am On Jul 15, 2012
honeric01:

What relationship connects the Igbos to Lagos state and other states in Nigeria in the first place? what would you say if soldiers say Igbos should vacate Lagos and other states within 48hrs? especially the igbos that were born and grew up there?

Can you show me any documents stating that Fulanis were never living in Plateau in the first place?
What crime have the Igbos committed in lagos? Have d tried to take lagos away from the ancestral Yorubas? Do they attack people pointlessly and cowardly? Have the formed an army of muderers? If it isn't their economic arsenal that sustains alaba and the likes, whose?
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by cheddarking(m): 5:24am On Jul 15, 2012
betrani: What crime have the Igbos committed in lagos? Have d tried to take lagos away from the ancestral Yorubas?[b] Do they attack people pointlessly and cowardly? Have the formed an army of muderers? [/b]If it isn't their economic arsenal that sustains alaba and the likes, whose?

You assume that 'claiming ancestral land' OR 'pointless and cowardly attacks' are the only reasons that can make a tribe hate another...
You assume wrongly....

Goddamn cant Nigerians THINK?

KAI!
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 15, 2012
cheddarking:

The fact that majority of Nigerians think like this DOES NOT make it right.
I'm tired of having to constantly explain why we have to think as a nation instead of as a group of tribes.

If we split up, I can guarantee that violence will be overwhelming.
Will the Berom want their own republic? or Will they be yoked to a Core north in which they are a minority to be oppressed forever?
We Nigerians fail to think,we prefer letting our emotions rule and thats why we are in the sorry state we are in today.
LOGIC IS A BITTER PILL.

Where are you from? The day you allow ten thousand Fulanis settle in your village and continually tolerate it when they kill your families and blame you
at the same time using Federal soldiers to coax their egos...that is when I can begin to listen to you.

Further to that...there is also a reason why Gowon created BENUE-PLATEAU STATE to strengthen Middle Belt solidarity...and the Beroms have always seen themselves in the context of a larger Christian Middle Belt Republic and not an Arewa Muslim state where non-Muslims are second class or even fourth class citizens!
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Johndoe100(m): 5:26am On Jul 15, 2012
The Fulani behave like vermin and should be treated as such. They have no ancestral lands outside Fulani land way up north.
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by betrani(m): 5:31am On Jul 15, 2012
Emperior ceasar: .at least they should have provided an alternative place for them to stay
It is Ideal to treat a muderer as one! Give them alternative space so that tomorrow they would claim it is their ancestral home abi? U no well! We all know where these cattle rearers come from! And the only reason we have their enclave od killers in jos; is because of their cattle! Time is up they deserve nothing other than this!
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by cheddarking(m): 5:36am On Jul 15, 2012
joskid:

Where are you from? The day you allow ten thousand Fulanis settle in your village and continually tolerate it when they kill your families and blame you
at the same time using Federal soldiers to coax their egos...that is when I can begin to listen to you.

Joskid I cant pretend to understand your pain.
I have never experienced what you've been through and I understand that your views have been shaped by the horrific violence you have witnessed.

Perhaps this is why I'm banging on about logic in a way that must seem absurd to you BUT...

I can guarantee you that violence is not the solution. Has killing the Fulani stopped them from coming after you?

And unless the government intends to build 50ft walls around plateau to keep the fulani out, then evicting them is not the solution either.They will simply come back.

Unless both parties can be made to dialogue and negotiate a power sharing deal, there can be no lasting peace.

Dont be like this eediot below who thinks God created the 1st man in his 'ancestral land'
Johndoe100: The Fulani behave like vermin and should be treated as such. They have no ancestral lands outside Fulani land way up north.
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by kaeto(m): 5:42am On Jul 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You're just a child, you'll grow out of throwing tantrums.
no tantrums, no not at all,not against a wh.ore, for christ's sake why should i. In as much as the message is sent and got,you are countless bits worse than a derainged fool. Your comments here are just incoherently against the tide, irritating and too silly to behold. Dafty.
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by phildon: 5:47am On Jul 15, 2012
joskid:

And this would be a very welcome development as it would represent MORE EVIDENCE as to why no one can cohabit with such a people--especially those who have also rejected Christ.

As I mentioned ealrier., judgment day will be a very interesting day to witness.
So, one must accept christ before you cohabit with him? Take this or leave it, when you oppress people like this, they will never forget. You think they forgot when you stole their cows and killed them when they tried to prevent you? Yet to see light in the tunnel
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by betrani(m): 5:50am On Jul 15, 2012
jamil!:
Another war will soon break in plateau how on earth that these bastards ordered citizens to leave their settlement while no where to be directed by the STF to occupy?
I give u my house as my tenant; and the only way u will pay back is; claim it to b ur own, while refusing to pay ur rent, at the same time fightin me everyday, sleeping with my wife or daughters by force, robbing my belongings from right to left to center, and I should kip accomodating u in my house? U mus b jokin! The fulanis here came in search of grass to feed their cattle, now it isn't just about d grass its about; "our ancestral home"
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by naijaking1: 5:55am On Jul 15, 2012
cheddarking:

Joskid I cant pretend to understand your pain.
I have never experienced what you've been through and I understand that your views have been shaped by the horrific violence you have witnessed.

Perhaps this is why I'm banging on about logic in a way that must seem absurd to you BUT...

I can guarantee you that violence is not the solution. Has killing the Fulani stopped them from coming after you?

And unless the government intends to build 50ft walls around plateau to keep the fulani out, then evicting them is not the solution either.They will simply come back.

Unless both parties can be made to dialogue and negotiate a power sharing deal, there can be no lasting peace.

Dont be like this eediot below who thinks God created the 1st man in his 'ancestral land'

Obviously, you seem like a reasonable man. However, the majority of the Fulanis causing these havoc don't reason like you. Even on this N/L, you'll notice some extreme measures and ideas from both sides of this issue, because it takes two to tango. It makes no sense for one party to preach peace, while the other party believes entirely on the opposite.
By nature, christians would turn the other cheek, while muslims will kill and keep killing. Dialogue? Sounds good, but how real is that?
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by cheddarking(m): 6:03am On Jul 15, 2012
naijaking1:

Obviously, you seem like a reasonable man. However, the majority of the Fulanis causing these havoc don't reason like you. Even on this N/L, you'll notice some extreme measures and ideas from both sides of this issue, because it takes two to tango. It makes no sense for one party to preach peace, while the other party believes entirely on the opposite.
By nature, christians would turn the other cheek, while muslims will kill and keep killing. Dialogue? Sounds good, but how real is that?

Unfortunately a lot of people say the Fulani are animals blah blah
One of my very best friends is fulani...We met in the UK while doing our masters, even lived in the same house.
And he is as sound as any reasonably educated person you know.

Now it is the hallmark of a good leader to pacify warring members of his team.
This is where the government should come in...reach out to the educated of these tribes and encourage dialogue.

Nigeria's major problem is education. Not Universities but education of the mind.
The government should start an educational blitz to save this generation and inculcating respect and tolerance into all Nigerians blah blah

Unfortunately it is at this point it all becomes a pipe dream YET

It is the ONLY solution we have...
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 15, 2012
phildon: So, one must accept christ before you cohabit with him? Take this or leave it, when you oppress people like this, they will never forget. You think they forgot when you stole their cows and killed them when they tried to prevent you? Yet to see light in the tunnel

We keep hearing of this mythical "cow stealing" excuse all the time to justify murder and land-theft. I am sure they will say the Senator who died along with the other state House of Reps member stole Fulani cows as well...and that is why they died. Lame excuse as ever.

And so that you know...there are Berom people who also keep cows to which Fulanis have raided, killed and stolen their cows as well. There is a Federal School of Animal Husbandry (I think) in Vom and the same Fulanis raided the place, killed the guard and one Igbo family there and carted away with the school's cows. They attacked with the same hallmarks they have used elsewhere speaking the same Fula language with themselves.

We know your tricks. And the best you can do is to kill more Beroms for sending you away? This is not the 12th century with no radios, tvs and internet...this is the year of OUR LORD 2012 AD and we have the world open 24/7 to see what is happening anywhere. If you think raiding Berom villages at night will not be discussed even in the White House...you are joking!
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 15, 2012
cheddarking:

Unfortunately a lot of people say the Fulani are animals blah blah
One of my very best friends is fulani...We met in the UK while doing our masters, even lived in the same house.

Good for you...that is just one narrow data point that cannot be used to represent what the whole sample means. And mark my words...your friend
if he is back in Nigeria will be a part of the core Northern elites enforcing the core Northern ideology about their "entitlements" in a so-called
"one Nigeria"--including keeping you people in the South befuddled about a mythical intimidating "North" that never exists in the first place.

We in Plateau see through all the BS. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by koolboi(m): 6:23am On Jul 15, 2012
These idiots suggesting dialogue should go to their hometowns and arrange a power sharing formula with those settlers who have been killing their families, who have come to take away the peace and tranquility just like the devil their father.
Unless you put yourself in the shoe of the peace loving people of plateau, you will never understand the need to sack these devils called fulani
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Ovaiegbe(m): 6:23am On Jul 15, 2012
I believe the STF must have reviewed intelligence information the had collated over time and decided that the most tactical action to take is to create a position from which to they can actually assume control of the crisis. Probably, insurgents have often diappeared when pursued into these areas suggesting that they may have a cover around the area.
These soldiers are human beigns too and therefore will die if shot at. No information is ever often given of dead soldier in this crisis areas yet they suffer loses too. If in their best judgement these communities need to move then so be it. Let us not forget that moving in a hurry under the watchful eyes of the soldiers will mean arms and ammunitions will be difficult to carry.
Let the soldiers be supported to do their job.
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by emmke(m): 6:24am On Jul 15, 2012
This is great news and long over due. My people deserve to live in peace. cool
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 15, 2012
mikeb52: ][size=8pt]please how can i post a topic on this forum
Choose the room that suits the topic u want to post and choose create new topic then post it for us to c u whether u deserve koboko or ikan with ur post
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by Uzoonyibo: 6:36am On Jul 15, 2012
honeric01:

What relationship connects the Igbos to Lagos state and other states in Nigeria in the first place? what would you say if soldiers say Igbos should vacate Lagos and other states within 48hrs? especially the igbos that were born and grew up there?
Dont u ever compare light and darknes. Igbos are for peace and development wiaever they go and not voilence. Beside if a tin like shuld come up, they all ve home in igbo land. Lol
Can you show me any documents stating that Fulanis were never living in Plateau in the first place?
Re: Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages by true2god: 6:43am On Jul 15, 2012
amosy007:
thats becoz u are d biggest confused chameleon av seing so far in my life.. U have no identity.. U dnt knw where u represent.. U dnt even know who u are.. U fhucking need a psycologist to help u out
@ Ileke-idi pls check ur tinkin faculty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Governor Abdulfata Ahmed At The Gym, Working Out With His Aides / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Benue Killings - Someone In APC Finally Making Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.